Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:52 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 494, Flicker wrote:Okay, I have a few thoughts and I'm not sure they're entirely coherent:

1) My immediate instinct is to turbo Trekkie here, since the doctor claim is obviously fake (granted, the other two of you townies have to trust I'm telling the truth), and townies shouldn't have any reason to lie like that.

2) Did they know Bulbazoor was the tracker? If so, why kill him,? B/c doing so reveals the fake claim. (Unless two townies in a row decided to lie about being doctor? Seems
pretty
unlikely.)

2) Since we're in B2 and not A2, so all scum has is a rolecop, I wonder why they didn't kill me? Unless there's some kind of weird WIFOM game they're playing... (Pedit: Oh yeah, clearly this is a game of "who should be believed?")

Also, I did jail Flavor Leaf last night.

Pedit: Wouldn't be surprised if Trekkie's the rolecop, because it makes the lie easier to peddle.
We're not turboing anybody, it's LYLO.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:53 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 498, Flavor Leaf wrote:Definitely leaning Flicker.
You still haven't done much of anything since Day 1. Mind actually contributing something Mr. I Want to Lead Town?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:58 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Alonzo »

Interesting choice of NK.

We have to lynch between the claims surely 2sw
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 499, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
@Rob14
or to anyone else who can answer: (this is completely theoretical) If a jailkeeper targets a mafia member, the mafia team can still kill, correct?
It depends. The mafia team has to designate one of them to perform the kill, so if the jailkeeper targets the designated killer, there wouldn't be a kill. If the JK targets the non-killing mafia, the kill goes through.

Pedit: Please unvote. If Flavor's town, the mafia could coordinate a quickhammer and win now.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Hmm, so does that mean 2nd Story is scum?

I’m pretty sure I’m near conf town, and I did a decent amount yesterday, tbh.

I was adamantly against that Emperor wagon.

If 2nd is town, that’s a game losing vote they placed, because that shouldn’t ever come from town here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 502, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:VOTE: Flavor Leaf
Also, for me to be scum, I HAVE to be scum with either Trekkie or Flicker.

I am officially the most townie player in the game at this point.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, 2nd story says “we aren’t turboing anybody” then votes in 5p LYLO.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If we mislynch, the game is IMMEDIATELY over.

There isn’t another night phase.

Mafia’s win condition is when they control 50% of the population. That is met after a mislynch.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I might be leaning Trekkie/2nd Story now.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 509, Flavor Leaf wrote:I might be leaning Trekkie/2nd Story now.
Which means Alonzo is probably scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Unvote if you’re town, 2nd. That’s a rushed vote. It’s lylo. If you’re town, 2 scum can pounce and win the game.

If you’re scum, eh, stay on me. It’ll confirm you as scum anyways.

I’m probably voting for Trekkie today, and then tomorrow Alonzo/2nd Story will probably have to fight it out.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Unvote, 2nd. If you’re town, that’s a game throwing vote, even if you think I’m lock scum.

You can say you plan on voting someone, just don’t atually vote in LYLO until it’s time to move on. You directly contradicted yourself with the not turbo lynch post to the one vote.

One wrong vote ends thegame in this situation.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And the lack of Trekkie being here is extremely scary because Trekkie with Alonzo if they are the scum team can now win the game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I believe I’m the only player here that doesn’t make sense to be scum now because I’d have to be scum with Trekkie or Flicker. To be fair, this is the case for everyone that to be scum you gotta be wcunmwith Trekkie or Flicker, but unless you think we were all scum theatreing the past days, I like to think I’m in the clear.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:41 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 506, Flavor Leaf wrote:

No you’re not :lol: :lol:
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:42 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 507, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also, 2nd story says “we aren’t turboing anybody” then votes in 5p LYLO.
Cuz ur scum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Trekkie/2nd - based on the hasty way 2nd voted, and Flicker’s comments happening after the tracker flip, makes me think 2nd was trying to bail out Trekkie, but didn’t understand we have to go within the two claims. This is the most likely scum pairing where I’m standing right now. If 2nd is town, then that’s a game throwing vote. I actually believe that the “we arent turbo lynching” comment followed by the vote is a scum slip. In their mind, it won’t be a turbo lynch because it can’t be because 2nd would be scum meaning 2nd knows scum can’t end it.

Trekkie/Alonzo - If 2nd is town, then this is the scum team 90% of the time. They’ll likely end whenever Trekkie comes back.

Flicker/2nd - If Trekkie is town, then this is 100% the scum team. 2nd made a hasty vote and it took focus off of Flicker/Trekkie. Flicker could be coaching 2nd in the thread about why 2nd shouldn’t vote, however, Flicker probably would be saying stuff in Mafia thread rather than in game thread. However, I repeat, if Trekkie is town, this is 100% the scum team.

Flicker/Alonzo - If this is the scum team, they could have won by now. This pairing is effectively cleared.

Trekkie/Flicker - remember when is said the 90% chance of Trekkie/Alonzo if 2nd is scum? This is the other 10% chance. If we’re in Column C, then they both could have fake claimed, and this should be given some consideration. If this is the scum team, however, game will end whenever Trekkie comes back.

With this being said, Alonzo putting focus back onto the claims is townie, which is why i don’t necessarily think alonzo is part of the scum team. If he is, well, game’s done because we’d have to lynch his partner correctly today, Trekkie can just end the game as his partner.

I do feel the “we’re not turbo lynching today” is a strong reasoning for why trekkie/2nd is scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 515, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 506, Flavor Leaf wrote:

No you’re not :lol: :lol:
Then who’s my partner? Trekkie or Flicker?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 514, Flavor Leaf wrote:I believe I’m the only player here that doesn’t make sense to be scum now because I’d have to be scum with Trekkie or Flicker. To be fair, this is the case for everyone that to be scum you gotta be wcunmwith Trekkie or Flicker, but unless you think we were all scum theatreing the past days, I like to think I’m in the clear.
You’re not. You can easily be scum with Trekkie. You’re experienced, you know what’s up. Tell Guten to claim doc and Trekkie do the same, they’re in the clear for awhile. There’s risk of a CC, but you’ve said you’re up for a risk sometimes. I find Flicker’s jailkeeper claim to be more genuine at the moment since we lost the possibility of there being a roleblocker (RB could easily fakeclaim JK). You said Emperor would flip town, cool, and I read it as a cop subtleclaim. You could easily be the rolecop and that was free brownie points for you.

To top it all off, my vote sparked this “oh my gosh unvote, the mafia team could hammer, but oh wait, I guess I have to paricipate in the game again since I’m here.”

I’m not actively seeking a turbo nor do I think there will be one because I’ve got my heart set on you being scum. Flicker explicitly advocating for a turbo should not have been said, however. Before you say my vote carries more weight than his words, reread the first sentence of this paragraph.

Lastly, I haven’t forgotten about the “if I’m still alive D3/4 and haven’t figured the game out, I’m probably scum” bit either.

I’m willing to risk my towniness by placing a pressure vote on you right now, and it’s definitely working.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

How? If you’re town, you’re just game throwing, and hindsight, that’ll be seen. Nothing I can do about that. I’m not really feeling any pressure. I have the entirety of the game mapped out.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 517, Flavor Leaf wrote:Trekkie/2nd - based on the hasty way 2nd voted, and Flicker’s comments happening after the tracker flip, makes me think 2nd was trying to bail out Trekkie, but didn’t understand we have to go within the two claims. This is the most likely scum pairing where I’m standing right now. If 2nd is town, then that’s a game throwing vote. I actually believe that the “we arent turbo lynching” comment followed by the vote is a scum slip. In their mind, it won’t be a turbo lynch because it can’t be because 2nd would be scum meaning 2nd knows scum can’t end it.

Trekkie/Alonzo - If 2nd is town, then this is the scum team 90% of the time. They’ll likely end whenever Trekkie comes back.

Flicker/2nd - If Trekkie is town, then this is 100% the scum team. 2nd made a hasty vote and it took focus off of Flicker/Trekkie. Flicker could be coaching 2nd in the thread about why 2nd shouldn’t vote, however, Flicker probably would be saying stuff in Mafia thread rather than in game thread. However, I repeat, if Trekkie is town, this is 100% the scum team.

Flicker/Alonzo - If this is the scum team, they could have won by now. This pairing is effectively cleared.

Trekkie/Flicker - remember when is said the 90% chance of Trekkie/Alonzo if 2nd is scum? This is the other 10% chance. If we’re in Column C, then they both could have fake claimed, and this should be given some consideration. If this is the scum team, however, game will end whenever Trekkie comes back.

With this being said, Alonzo putting focus back onto the claims is townie, which is why i don’t necessarily think alonzo is part of the scum team. If he is, well, game’s done because we’d have to lynch his partner correctly today, Trekkie can just end the game as his partner.

I do feel the “we’re not turbo lynching today” is a strong reasoning for why trekkie/2nd is scum.
There’s a reason I’m not voting Trekkie.

First and foremost, I want you gone. (Not personally, you’re a great guy, but as a player.) I have since Day 1 and that has persisted throughout the game.

Second and more logically, Alonzo is my best townread. I realize I could be wrong, but I’ve left him out because I’m trusting my read. That leaves Flicker, Trekkie, and you to pick out 2 scum from. I highly doubt both Trekkie and Flicker are scum together, and you’re the one who could be scum no matter which of the other two is.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Solid game plan.

You’re scum, and that is incredibly obvious to me, and I like that play from you.

Because right now, it doesn’t matter to you if I know you’re scum, because it’s not me that needs to be convinced.

That’s actually solid logic you got there, especially the part where you pander up to Alonzo to try and get him to vote with you.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:03 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 520, Flavor Leaf wrote:How? If you’re town, you’re just game throwing, and hindsight, that’ll be seen. Nothing I can do about that. I’m not really feeling any pressure. I have the entirety of the game mapped out.
You're the one who's been game throwing. You're an IC, so I expect you more than anyone, ESPECIALLY if you're town, to be active as much as possible. That happened Day 1, but where were you Day 2?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

AND it gets your partner out of the 1v1 from claims situation.

I underestimated you. Solid scum play. Sure, I can see right through it, but solid nonetheless. You allowed me to see right through it, though, because you’re pushing me for the game winning mislynch.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”