armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by armlx »

Muerrto wrote:Um..

I'm quite sure my play's been town in every sense of the word. Trying to bring suspiscion on me before you die is weak at best and an appeal to emotion at worst.

So is 'lynch me'.

2 more votes people.
I second this post beyond belief.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Korlash »

Um... I've been calling you and armlx scum for a while now... durrrr....

The lynch me thing is cause I'm tired of putting energy into this game when no one listens to reason... All they do is folllow two people on a random killing spree then wonder why no cult has been killed... i'm hoping with my death people will at least understand I'm partially right and might not be so quick to be swayed by the cults.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by armlx »

Tired of putting what energy? The energy to just lurk all of D1 until the last lynch then step in once it was pretty decided?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Korlash »

... Right... well your pushing of the case is pretty scummy. if you are town I pity you... I came back strong from that lurking and informed town of their wcs. Hell if I wanted too I could backstab you all and give scum the rest of my info. But hell if i'll do that. Those losers deserve to... um... lose... <.<

Point is you want to lynch me fine, but don't say "Korlash lurked and is thus scum" yadda yadda yadda cause it just ignores all the effort i put in lately. Which I believe is a sort of strawman.. only opposite... where you... hmmm... There should be a term for that...

"Selective scumminess"... I like it...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Shrug I can't speak for Armlx or Ergo but calling out both as well in that same post makes it look like you're simply trying to call out the most vocal ones. Kind of last minute for that.

If you're gonna die anyway, why wouldn't you elaborate as to your role?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Can't think of one?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by armlx »

You claimed unrecruitable townie. What more can you have to claim.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Why would you be a plain vanilla who just can't be recruited? What's your title? Stubborn?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Korlash »

Funny...

breaking it down if I were scum I shouldn't claim, and if I were town but not a power role I shouldn't claim. If I claim recrutable vanilla you lynch me to prevent me form being recruted and/or because you don't believe me. If I calim power role I either get NKed (Which I wouldn't so I don't knwo why I'm worried abotu that) or you lynch me for not believeing me. Then theres the fact I cant be both vanilla and a power role so one of the two is lying and thus I could risk outing another role or I could get lynched for lying. When I thought about it, not claiming is bar far safer for me whichever allignment I am. Won't help me not to get lynched though...I've been mulling that one over for a while. Still I don't think I won't be lynched so why bother claiming? i mean look what it did to Lowell. The question is would you even believe me if I claimed anything, or would you automatically tun it into a reason to lynch me.

As far as callign them out I did it for a reason. i think town's best plan now is a sort of order for lynches. It follows my previous theory but instead of hitting only high active people it jumps around. A slightlyactive, then a high, then a lurker, then so on and so forth. My plan right now would list me first (Mid) then Let's say Muerrto(High) then Erg0 (low) then maybe armlx (high) then Xtoxm(mid) and it woudl go into tomorrow and we would start it up where it left off maybe hitting Farside eventually, Macavenger, mneme, Pooky and so on.

Risks are pretty obvious though... The people we last last would have to be town in order for us to win. But on the plus side we gain two very cool traits. 1) Night actions are simpler. Cult can't pick people next up to lynch, because they would just be killed the next day, so protection roles have fewer people to choose from to protect, while RBers and preventers can stick to people on the chopping block. 2) At any point the town can stop the list or reverse it or what not, this would throw the recruiters who had been planning and recruiting the other direction into chaos! beutiful chaos! muahahaha... <.<...

But unfortunitly that plan is just another failure. But I still think the next couple of lynches could be governed by it. Probably wouldnt survive the day.
Muerrto wrote:Shrug I can't speak for Armlx or Ergo but calling out both as well in that same post makes it look like you're simply trying to call out the most vocal ones. Kind of last minute for that.
and just to bang you over the head... for how long have I been saying active = scum? hmmm... HMMM!?!?!? gaw...

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Korlash »

I like that... stubborn... that would make a great entry into my fakecalim sections...

But seriously, as a power role the only reason to claim is that people will believe me and not lynch me. but I highly doubt either of you two would believe me. in fact i think both of you would use it to further my lynch through some unknown twisting of stuff or what not. Not only that but I have reason to believe I'm not the only one with said power and if not careful i could out that person. so if I get lynched I hopefully saved that person plus I get to prove a point. but if I claim I may survive and then what. You just start my lynch up again whenever you feel like it using the same excuse "Oh he lurked day one and claimed something I don't believe!"

I think I'll stick with stubborn... yeh... I'm Stubbron, once per day you can tell people where to stick it and storm out! You then go to a bar and drink for an hour... Eventually though you come back but don't appologize, you just let things simmer for a while until your GF makes you dinner and then you watch tv... Yeah...

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Um...Xtomx claimed cop...and you just called for his lynch...

Can we lynch Korlash now please?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Well, at least I was right about Lowell not being a recruiter. That means that Muerrto wasn't recruited - at least not yesterday. I actually found it very interesting that Lowell was recruitable, and that Macavenger found this odd. I think we should take a long, hard, look at the others who have claimed unrecruitable and have roles with comparable importance/complexity as Lowell. I guess that means Macavenger. IGMEOY. Also, I would very much like to hear if elvis claims recruitable, and I'm increasingly sorry I didn't push that little nugget of info harder when she claimed yesterday. It would've been very interesting to hear before Lowell was lynched.

That being said, I do actually agree with Macavenger about mneme. His game today has been reeking of scumminess, and I would like to see him lynched next.

Unvote
Vote: mneme

Korlash's claim seems slightly off (is that unrecruitable town or townie?), but other than that, I don't see where the wagon is coming from. Oh, and now he just posted saying he pretty much gives up. Not sure what to think of that. Part of me wants to lynch just to see what he is, but I don't think that would be a very good plan, objectively.

What the hell is up with lynching people who "might get recruited later" anyway? The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. That HAS to be most of the town. Or at least must have been from the start. What's better; lynching someone who "might get recruited later" or someone's who's ALREADY a cultist? How about lynching the recruiters instead, so there's nobody to do the recruiting? Can't believe it took me this long to grasp this. Big FoS:es all around on people using that argument.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Korlash »

Uh huh... See that one is a strawman... Interesting what lengths you are going here... is it beause I know too much... huh.. admit it... korlash is smarter then the cults... so he must die... or is it you tried to recruit me and failed? I bet thats it... Another plot foiled by Stubborn! my job is done... time for a beer...

And if thats the case replace him with mneme or something...

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Korlash »

Cavebear wrote:Korlash's claim seems slightly off (is that unrecruitable town or townie?), but other than that, I don't see where the wagon is coming from. Oh, and now he just posted saying he pretty much gives up. Not sure what to think of that. Part of me wants to lynch just to see what he is, but I don't think that would be a very good plan, objectively.
Ok to clear stuff up, I didn't claim unrecrutable vanilla town, I claimed unrecrutable town, implying i have an ability but I don't feel like revealing it. If the only reason you or someone else votes me is to "Find out what it is" I pity you and your spawn who will eventually grow up into carneys... which isn't all that bad.. You could have them grow up into muerrto... *shudders* i would advise you to kill them on sight if that happened...

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Korlash »

My bad on this tri-postal-post...
Cavebear wrote:What the hell is up with lynching people who "might get recruited later" anyway? The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. That HAS to be most of the town. Or at least must have been from the start. What's better; lynching someone who "might get recruited later" or someone's who's ALREADY a cultist? How about lynching the recruiters instead, so there's nobody to do the recruiting? Can't believe it took me this long to grasp this. Big FoS:es all around on people using that argument.
Finallly a voice of reason... Can I bow at your feet? please... just a slight kneel then... a curtsey? How about a hand shake... heres my wallet! Enjoy...

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Korlash wrote:And if thats the case replace him with mneme or something...
Soo...how exactly is your method better if you're just picking names randomly since you picked a cop and replaced him with someone else?

And if you're paying attention, how'd you pick a cop?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Oh, and if they grow up to be Muerrto's I'd kill them myself.

There can be only ONE!
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by armlx »

Cavebear, I don't think we've ever lynched someone for that reason. All the lynches I've seen have had to do with wagon -> claim -> claim isn't sufficient.

Korlash: Now isn't the time to mess around. Full claim or die please.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Korlash »

Muerrto wrote:Soo...how exactly is your method better if you're just picking names randomly since you picked a cop and replaced him with someone else?

And if you're paying attention, how'd you pick a cop?
i'm going off my list of my previous theory. Xtoxm and Mneme fall pretty close to each other if I remember correctly. I woudl have to look at my notes again. All things said and done I would rather lych Mneme then almsot anyone else. But to prevent him or anyone else calling out some omgus thing I replaced his name with Xtoxm's. as for his claim I seem to remmeber something like that but his name didn't register with me as the one who claimed. I was thinking of relookign that up then I remembered, whats the point right.

And i think the phrase is "There should be only one!" :P

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Korlash »

Armlx wrote:Cavebear, I don't think we've ever lynched someone for that reason. All the lynches I've seen have had to do with wagon -> claim -> claim isn't sufficient.

Korlash: Now isn't the time to mess around. Full claim or die please.
We've had numerous people claim recrutable and I seem to remember at some point something along these lines being brought up abotubeing recruited. I believe the correct way to say it would be we were going to let them live then lych them anyways because they may have been recruited that night. Which theoretically is the same thing.

Now isn't the time to pretend to be town either Armlx... Or should I say... Fire recruiter!!!! .... Wind? Your Earth right...

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by armlx »

Korlash wrote: But seriously, as a power role the only reason to claim is that people will believe me and not lynch me. but I highly doubt either of you two would believe me. in fact i think both of you would use it to further my lynch through some unknown twisting of stuff or what not. Not only that but I have reason to believe I'm not the only one with said power and if not careful i could out that person. so if I get lynched I hopefully saved that person plus I get to prove a point. but if I claim I may survive and then what. You just start my lynch up again whenever you feel like it using the same excuse "Oh he lurked day one and claimed something I don't believe!"
Yeah, how about you do claim, see if we believe you, and if not oh well, rather then just saying POWER ROLE DONT LYNCH and hoping we believe you. If you really were pro-town, you would claim now as reducing the chance of a mislynch is the right play ALWAYS in this scenario. Not claiming well pressured at L-2 with a growing wagon, especially with a time limit, is only done by people playing horridly or scum.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Muerrto »

armlx wrote:Yeah, how about you do claim, see if we believe you, and if not oh well, rather then just saying POWER ROLE DONT LYNCH and hoping we believe you. If you really were pro-town, you would claim now as reducing the chance of a mislynch is the right play ALWAYS in this scenario. Not claiming well pressured at L-2 with a growing wagon, especially with a time limit, is only done by people playing horridly or scum.
QFT

And delaying the lynch is just as anti-town.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by armlx »

Muerrto wrote:
armlx wrote:Yeah, how about you do claim, see if we believe you, and if not oh well, rather then just saying POWER ROLE DONT LYNCH and hoping we believe you. If you really were pro-town, you would claim now as reducing the chance of a mislynch is the right play ALWAYS in this scenario. Not claiming well pressured at L-2 with a growing wagon, especially with a time limit, is only done by people playing horridly or scum.
QFT

And delaying the lynch is just as anti-town.
They both mean the same thing: stalling for time in hopes that the town just gives up on you or you come up with something to try and save your ass or you just getenough posts out of people to gain some info before you die.

The solution is shut up and keep voting him till he claims. If he doesn't, he dies.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Korlash »

Or perhaps all my talk about your so called plan being BS and finally having a chance to do something about it is proof enough. I've said it before we have put the game in your and meurrto's hands. I'm fed up with it. I blam over half the deaths on you and him so far. You want t kill me too then let someone else have their go. You want to know why I waited so lon yesterday? it's because I wanted kabennon's lynch. That one was mine. To me the first town suggested lynch yet. And now your asking me to claim. No...

Erg0, you ask me to claim. Cavebear how about you. Hell Xtoxm, go ahead and ask me. Anyone but these two. Will somebody please take the game out of their hands. Hell even if they are town they haven't been right yet. Let them stop picking us off one by one. People on Pooky's wagon, why him over me? Seriously? Don't vote and let it slide. You have to voice yoru opinions and reasons constantly.

THIS IS WHY SCUM ARE ACTIVE. The game moves so damn fast when a handful of people are active, the other player's fall behind. hell if you log on to see someone at L-1 and a full 5 pages to read you would probably hammer just to give you time to catch up. This is how cult has been directing the game. This is why the active people hurt town so much. I mean look at me, in the last 2 hours how many times have I posted? A lot. i mean the last page or so almost is in the hands of like three people. That means 3 people know what is going on and the rest are a page behind. This is a hard thing to fight though. People have lives, and can't post all that much. While others seem to be able to post every 5 min. In theory this is good, more activity = more pro town. But not in such a huge fast paced game like this. This is a big part of my theory yesterday and a big part of why i wont claim. We as a town need to be more together, more vocal, more... whats a good word... agreeishy...

>.>

we need more support for things... Like I said hard to fight... mainly cause its hard to put into words.

Examples, Don't lynch when you have 3 people who havent posted yet. Why do that?!?!? Time limit? jeeze... People, cult are not at war with the town yet, they have to pick off each other... Think about it, the less we lynch the more power roles we have. The miore defined the lynchbecomes and it has a better chance of hitting scum. Sure cult has a wider range to choose from, but they will have to start NKing eventually. And when they do they will aim for the other cults, not for town. We've been playing this game all wrong and are now in a bad situation because of it.

i've never been good at getting my point across... I wonder why i still try... my point right now is I shouldn't claim unless a good number of people agree i should. Two people saying it isnt enough.. I shouldnt be lynched unless everyone has commented on it at some point.

*sigh*

I am a little opprotunistic though... there is bound to be one town people have and will overlook. And im hoping when the cults go after each other they miss that guy... and we win cause of it... man... what a great victory...

I'll calim if two more people ask me too. if I get lynched befor that then too bad. You only prove my point. I'm going to try and let the thread simmer down so people caan catch up now...

EBP:

see two people posted while I was writing this... people cant even post because the thread changes that fast...

Also how am I stalling the lynch? Only like one person has posted since i refused to claim. Thats still not enough to lynch me even if he had voted. Seriously... Can no one else see the BS these two are spitting out?!!?

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by armlx »

Korlash, you don't get it. 6 people have asked you to claim with their vote.

Your logic also fails. Not lynching != more power roles. We try not to lynch power roles that are pretty confirmable. Say, xtoxm. But every power role claimed so far has accelerated their death pre-claim or claimed in a really scummy way on an unconfirmable role.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”