Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:45 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 573, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 571, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 566, Flicker wrote:
In post 564, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Mad that I'm always the one who gets pinned endgame. Wonder how many of those times I've been scum? Almost never. When I'm scum I die early
This sounds like you have more experience than you let on initially ("some experience, but it’s been awhile"). Have you played FM before? If so, where? Can you pin down exactly how long "awhile" ago was?
Yes. This site. 5-6 years ago.
Interesting.

What was your name? Unless you’re keeping that a secret. I’ve been around that long as well.
I’d prefer not to say.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:01 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 574, Flicker wrote:
@2nd

More times than not when I've checked to see who's online over this last hour or two, I've noticed Alonzo's name there. Wouldn't it benefit scum!Alonzo to sit back and watch two townies 1v1 while he twiddles his thumbs and waits for his scum partner to come back and coordinate a quickhammer?

Can you
please
consider the possibility that you could be wrong long enough to unvote?
Fine. That strikes me as odd. I try to shy away from looking at that thing because you never know what’s going on, but it’s still probably in my best interest to unvote.

UNVOTE:

Also, I kind of owe Flavor an apology. Maybe I held a small sense of pride over him seeing as it’s come out that I’m not new. I’d still be up for his lynch, but it’s reasonable to wait it out.

And Flavor, do you have another account besides Boonskiies? I saw you joined in 2014, but I’ve not been active since 2012 I believe. If you do, maybe I’ll remember you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I guess I’ve only been here four and a half years.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:18 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 576, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:UNVOTE:
Thank you. That really puts my mind at ease. :]
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:19 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

As for the game, let’s get back to that.

Flicker - I really don’t think he’s scum. I believe the JK claim.
Alonzo - not sure. Waiting for him to post. I think I said if Emperor flips town that opens up the possibility of him being scum. I need to revisit that.
Trekkie - not really believing the doc claim anymore, and I don’t like that hammer yesterday.
Flavor - He opened up the game for scum by saying their best play is to not kill tonight. If he was town, he should have kept those comments to himself so scum possibly kills and makes it almost obvious who they are, assuming Flicker really does jailkeep Flavor tonight. That leaves him and me, or him and Trekkie in a 1v1 tomorrow, both of those he feels confident to win. Also, him asking to be jailed seems suspicious. If he was town, he should be asking Flicker to jailkeep whoever he thinks scum is, not attempting to “confirm himself as town.” Let your play do that
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Why shouldn’t I have? I’m town, and know that I would be the one getting framed
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 579, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Flavor - He opened up the game for scum by saying their best play is to not kill tonight. If he was town, he should have kept those comments to himself so scum possibly kills and makes it almost obvious who they are, assuming Flicker really does jailkeep Flavor tonight. That leaves him and me, or him and Trekkie in a 1v1 tomorrow, both of those he feels confident to win. Also, him asking to be jailed seems suspicious. If he was town, he should be asking Flicker to jailkeep whoever he thinks scum is, not attempting to “confirm himself as town.” Let your play do that
I don't think scum really no-kills if given the chance, though, because in 4p MYLO two of us can choose to no lynch, I get another chance to jail someone, and it might lead to a weird game of chicken where we run the risk of invoking rule #7:
In post 1, Rob14 wrote:7. If five consecutive day or night phases go by with no deaths, the game will end in a loss for all factions.
Him asking to be jailed also made some sense. Plus, it would be a stupid scum move, with your partner outed as fakeclaiming, to ask to be jailed - I know, I read his signature, but still. I feel like this is more of a playstyle difference than a scummy thing.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Flicker: So who do you want to lynch today?
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Flicker »

FTR, I'm currently leaning towards jailkeeping Alonzo tonight, given that he's a bit of a question mark for me at this point and I think town would benefit the most from having him be conftowned (if applicable). I'm having a hard time seeing either of you two as scum, and I kind of don't trust either of you to correctly read the other right now.

I mean, if we're lynching Trekkie today (why wouldn't we?) and I'm wrong about who's scum, these would be LYLO the scenarios:

Lynch Trekkie -> Jail Alonzo -> Alonzo's not scum, I die -> Flavor vs. 2nd with Alonzo conftowned
Lynch Trekkie -> Jail Flavor -> Flavor's not scum, I die -> Alonzo vs. 2nd with Flavor conftowned
Lynch Trekkie -> Jail 2nd -> 2nd's not scum, I die -> Alonzo vs. Flavor with 2nd conftowned

As much as I wouldn't enjoy reading Flavor vs. 2nd round two from the dead thread, that seems like the most advantageous scenario. Thoughts?
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Flicker »

@2nd
:
In post 537, Flicker wrote:Pedit3: FMPOV, today we have to lynch Trekkie b/c of the fakeclaim, and deal with his partner tomorrow. But I don't want to rush it.
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 498, Flavor Leaf wrote:Definitely leaning Flicker.
Don't see why. She has every reason to be suspicious of me considering I'm not dead after all this time. Of course unless she is a scum trying to reinforce a already existing suspicion that everyone probably has of me.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 585, Trekkie99 wrote:
Don't see why. She has every reason to be suspicious of me considering I'm not dead after all this time. Of course unless she is a scum trying to reinforce a already existing suspicion that everyone probably has of me.
Wow, you really don't understand the 2d3 setup in Newbie games, do you? (Or you're just pretending, I guess.)

Bulbazoor flipped Town Tracker, which means we can't both be telling the truth about our roles (there's no setup with more than two town power roles). If you were telling the truth, we'd be in C3; but since you're lying (and I think that's pretty obvious to the other townies), we're in B2.

Since there's no logical (or conceivable, TBH) scenario where a vanilla townie fakeclaims doctor, gets replaced twice, the first replacement doesn't post and the second repeats the lie that they're the doctor, you're caught scum.

I guess I appreciate the effort, but it's okay to give up now.

(I mean, the only other possible scenario is moderator error, but I would hope that had been caught early on and we'd have re-rolled or something.)
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Hey just back from dinner, and yes I am in the doghouse for constantly fiddling with my fone all night =)

As such Im gonna slink off now and get some quality time, but this looks fairly cut and dry for today.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

That was yesterday. I’m town reading Flicker hard right now.

Like, you’re more lock scum than 2nd to me at this point. At least with 2nd, I can see a potential scenario of him just being tunneling town.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Alonzo »

I'm favouring a Trekkie lynch today.

I'm more Inclined to believe 2sw would be trekkies partner based on their play end of yesterday and start of today, However I'm aware the team of Flavour/Flicker only needs us to Lynch Trekkie today FTW, which they can take all week to do it, they don't need to rush out and vote, which is what I feel like town!Flicker should have done after the flip at daystart. Perhaps the plan is to slowroll a Trekkie lynch.

Paranoid me thinks Flavours sudden bursts of Input(essentially pushing and 180ing) could be him overseeing a Counterclaim and pushing it through with Flicker, against the much less experienced TPR and that 2sw may have been right to push Flicker yesterday. I didn't trust Flavour enough yesterday to follow on Flicker TBH.

So yeah.. I'l vote Trekkie, and If that isn't Endgame then JK me up and we will take another day.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Super townie mindset from Alonzo right there showing that paranoid side of Flicker/Myself hard then saying they’d vote Trekkie.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Good scum play if scum and bussing, but I feel if Alonzo/Trekkie was the scum team, Alonzo could just push me and win the game today rather than waiting it out pointlessly another day.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Flicker »

Just reread the thread, and my inclination is to jail either 2nd or Alonzo - 2nd b/c he seems like the most likely scum (weird inconsistencies, some odd behavior re: Trekkie's slot, setup spec that seemed designed to get me to trust the doctor claim, aggro in a way I've seen scum be before) or Alonzo as middle-of-the-road and a better strategic town clear ("sort by post count" scum, if I'm wrong he has more material to work off to sort between the other of you two and I trust him more to win the game (sorry, 2nd)).

@Flavor
: What do you think? Which one would you jail, in my shoes?
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:40 am

Post by Flicker »

I realize that's banking on Flavor being town, which is risky, so...

@Alonzo
@2nd

Which of the other two would you jail, given the choice?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:26 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

I’m declaring
V/LA until this Friday
, because this is exam week in uni. I’ll still be able to post, but I don’t want to be prodded if I go absent for 2 days.

I’m busy at the moment but I’ll be back in a few hours to give my thoughts on the posts above
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I actually like the Alonzo targeting, and think that works better.

From that position, it basically can confirm Alonzo as town, which would put us directly in a 1v1. If Alonzo is scum, then Flicker lives, but Flicker living doesn’t guarantee Alonzo scum.

I say Alonzo.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #3.1:

Not Voting:
Flicker, Trekkie99, Alonzo, Flavor Leaf, 2ndStoryWindow

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

V/LA:
2ndStoryWindow until 12/14.

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-12-15 09:25:00)
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 586, Flicker wrote:
Wow, you really don't understand the 2d3 setup in Newbie games, do you? (Or you're just pretending, I guess.)

Bulbazoor flipped Town Tracker, which means we can't both be telling the truth about our roles (there's no setup with more than two town power roles). If you were telling the truth, we'd be in C3; but since you're lying (and I think that's pretty obvious to the other townies), we're in B2.

Since there's no logical (or conceivable, TBH) scenario where a vanilla townie fakeclaims doctor, gets replaced twice, the first replacement doesn't post and the second repeats the lie that they're the doctor, you're caught scum.

I guess I appreciate the effort, but it's okay to give up now.

(I mean, the only other possible scenario is moderator error, but I would hope that had been caught early on and we'd have re-rolled or something.)
This post rubs me the wrong way.

“It’s ok to give up now,” idk man, I know what you’re trying to say but that’s against his wincon no matter what faction he’s aligned with. Why should he give up?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 587, Alonzo wrote:Hey just back from dinner, and yes I am in the doghouse for constantly fiddling with my fone all night =)

As such Im gonna slink off now and get some quality time, but this looks fairly cut and dry for today.
I saw this post last night before he made the one below it and it felt like he just came to hop on the Trekkie bandwagon
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 589, Alonzo wrote:I'm favouring a Trekkie lynch today.

I'm more Inclined to believe 2sw would be trekkies partner based on their play end of yesterday and start of today, However I'm aware the team of Flavour/Flicker only needs us to Lynch Trekkie today FTW, which they can take all week to do it, they don't need to rush out and vote, which is what I feel like town!Flicker should have done after the flip at daystart. Perhaps the plan is to slowroll a Trekkie lynch.

Paranoid me thinks Flavours sudden bursts of Input(essentially pushing and 180ing) could be him overseeing a Counterclaim and pushing it through with Flicker, against the much less experienced TPR and that 2sw may have been right to push Flicker yesterday. I didn't trust Flavour enough yesterday to follow on Flicker TBH.

So yeah.. I'l vote Trekkie, and If that isn't Endgame then JK me up and we will take another day.
Your logic here is all kinds of tangled.

First, you say that a Town Flicker would have just hopped right on the Trekkie bandwagon. I somewhat agree actually, although her and I had that whole spat about not turboing so that doesn’t make sense.

You mention a possible Flicker/Flavor scumteam but then just somehow agree to vote Trekkie... ???

I don’t really see how Flavor/Flicker could be a thing. Why would Flavor have pushed Flicker yesterday when he didn’t really have to?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”