He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Listen to me

Varsoon is dying today

If you want me to trust NSG's townread on you over my meh read on you don't be on a counterwagon, yeah?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 800, RadiantCowbells wrote:Listen to me

Varsoon is dying today

If you want me to trust NSG's townread on you over my meh read on you don't be on a counterwagon, yeah?
This game I'm actually ready to headbutt on that with you tbh Radiant.

I have a reason here, and I particularly think a good one.

However I may be lacking interest in the game to tryhard...
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Spit your reasons out so I can explain why you're wrong.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 798, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's not coincidence that the moment I stopped floundering and started mustering my energy to fuck Varsoon up he put his vote on a lazy counterwagon.

But more on that later, I have better stuff to do rn
Yeah it's not like I mentioned and voted Nico earlier and that people largely don't feel like voting you right now,
It's not like it's clear that if I continue voting you, you're not going to do anything but OMGUS me and be petulant,
Yeah it's for sure not the case that I'm sheeping my highest townread on a read that I believe in and put stock in their confidence in.
Naw, couldn't be that.

I'm at a real loss as to how you think the push against Nico is lazy or a counterwagon.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 802, RadiantCowbells wrote:Spit your reasons out so I can explain why you're wrong.
haha :lol:

as confident as ever. I'm becoming fond of that part of you tbh, as long as we don't get on personal attacks.

Anyway, if I could explain I would, but if I explain people aren't going to act as I want and expect they to act.

If you want to go ahead though I won't mind so much on second thought. I'm kinda down right now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Carry on talking to me like you know I'm town and giving me more ammunition when it's time for you to be judged for your actions in this game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

RC threatening to revoke a townread on you to keep you in line is some of the most blatant posturing I've ever seen.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 805, RadiantCowbells wrote:Carry on talking to me like you know I'm town and giving me more ammunition when it's time for you to be judged for your actions in this game.
Are you saying that to me or Varsoon here?

If it's about me, nowadays I just like to talk to people as if they're town until proved otherwise, independent of my alignment. I don't have confidence on anything usually so I don't want to treat someone bad when I can be wrong on them.

Also, I'm against treating scum reads badly, although it's hard to be polite on those cases most of the time since the discussion gets heated.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:22 pm

I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Varsoon who is treating me like town while calling me scum because he is a scumfuck and needs to be obliterated from the timeline.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Nibbui »

I see

when you talk so confidently like that I almost want to sheep you.

I'll stand by my reasons though. Nico doesn't seem like will be doing anything this game around unhappily.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Nah, you're scum.
Me treating you with some level of decency =/= treating you like town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 pm

"some level of decency"

1) you never treated me with any decency so let's not pretend you did
2) you're arguing with me about your own actions like I'm town, not like you think I'm scum.
you appeal to my self image of my towngame like I'm town, not like you think i'm scum

but etc. because I don't feel like making the big wallpost right now. you carried on the way you were carrying on, and you're going to have a bad time.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Also, Nibbui, check the scumgame I linked of RC's. They're just as capable of being an arrogant, hubris-ridden egotist as scum as they are as town.
His go-to rhetoric is hyperbole. Don't confuse that for confidence.

P-EDIT:
I'm not arguing with you about your actions, I'm positing that you're literally just lying in the game thread.
I'm having a great time watching you run around and resort to lying and threatening taking away townreads to get people to follow you on your vanity wagon.
It's a good show and definitely has people convinced that me v you isn't alignment-indicative, which is what you need to do when you're caught out this early.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 pm

you're trying to convince nibbul that i'm scum while not actually voting me and instead trying to get a random ass nicorobin wagon going.
town you isn't stupid enough to let scum me live if you're as sure as you claim to be that i'm scum and are fully aware that lynching me is going to be near impossible
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

There's another minigame and about 7 days left in D1.
Lynching you right now isn't going to happen.
After the next minigame and a little later into D1? Probably so.
A lot of people are checked out right now.
I think activity will come back after the minigame.

My vote, voice, and time are better spent sorting out Nico than you.
Right now, your agenda is to get me to wall up against you.
I'm not about that.

Your undermining of the NicoRobin wagon is noted.
Thanks for outright trying to tank town efforts to sort one of the biggest questionmarks in the playerlist right now.

I'm sorry that all attention is not on you;
Don't get all pooter peeved, my dear friend. I'll be back to swing you into those gallows later into the day.
Learn some patience. Maybe go out there and drop some associative tells for me. I dunno, man.
You do you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:54 pm

there's no point talking a big game if you don't have the force behind it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Then why do you do it so much?
:P
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:57 pm

every single person in this game knows that I do in fact have that force behind it, even you regardless of whether you like to admit it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Does anyone else in this game know, in fact, that RC has the 'force' behind 'a big game'?
I mean, just a raise of hands
I'm genuinely curious what the consensus is here.

Anyway, man, that's gonna do it for engaging with you over your lies, posturing, and general funk.
I'm pretty much gonna hard ignore you for awhile unless you bold a question towards me that's pertinent towards gamesolving.
I hope that's okay.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:02 pm

it's really obvious that that's the reason that you're trying to derail, trying to make this about whatever nicorobin wagon, a reason why you're letting other people give you excuses to not vote me. you didn't actually want to 1v1. you didn't go around making appeals to people like you would have if you were town. you made a show of your big push on me in the hopes that you could tell people later in the game 'yeah but I wouldnt have attacked RC d1 if i was scum', but didn't actually try to get it through because you were afraid of waking the beast. you wanted the sugar without the spice. you're not wimpy enough around pushing someone you've acknowledged basically just wins the game for showing up to vote nico here.

you know how good I am as mafia, i've seen how you deal with me when you think I'm scum. this is obviously not it.
Does anyone else in this game know, in fact, that RC has the 'force' behind 'a big game'?
I mean, just a raise of hands
I'm genuinely curious what the consensus is here.

Anyway, man, that's gonna do it for engaging with you over your lies, posturing, and general funk.
I'm pretty much gonna hard ignore you for awhile unless you bold a question towards me that's pertinent towards gamesolving.
I hope that's okay.
This, and everything else on this page, is Varsoon hiding behind pretending to be "pro-town" to contrast with my not being pro-town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Oh and by the way in case anyone didn't know Varsoon is the exact opposite of pro-town, he totally derailed all town cohesion efforts in TAZ mafia.
He doesn't talk like this, in fact he blatantly disrespects this kind of play and said so explicitly. But since he knows he can't win by volume, he has to try to discredit me and get relatively easy townpoints in the hopes of derailing this and making it seem TvT to outsiders by seeming all 'reasonable'.

I'm gonna quote what I consider to be the best ellibereth quote of all time because it's very pertinent here.

Subject: Turn of Camn ~FIN~
Centipede Syndrome wrote:Brian is capable of writing words that most people read.
mastina is not.

I don't trust people to just follow the order and I'm scared you'll start thinking for yourselves at some point and just not lynch implosion or not lynch brian because they're writing semi-reasonable words.

I want Brian -> mastina -> Implosion UNLESS I get everyone voting mastina to say they're commited to this order when each of them flip scum in turn.
this kind of bullshit appeal to being 'reasonable' and 'protown' and wagoning whatever meaningless nonposting lurker is exactly what scum do.

because Varsoon doesn't believe in shit. He doesn't believe in his scumread on me enough to push it apparently, certainly, even though he seems to think I'm obvious scum and am good enough to autowin if not dealt with. but what he does believe in doing is... being reasonable and protown. and that's one of MS's great failings. every time that I see some transparent scum do well they do well because they act reasonable and friendly and affable because people townread this kind of bullshit fake attitude. this isn't what real townies act like, this is what scum pretending to be town act like, and it fools mediocre players every single time.

see: thor and the desperado hydra in the games that varsoon quoted of mine. also see: varsoon here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Town!Varsoon doesn't get called out by his supposed top scumread, someone who is just by default basically guaranteed to win the game, and then respond by saying 'HEY LOOK HOW REASONABLE I AM.' Town varsoon doesn't care about how reasonable he is in the eyes of his goddamn top scumread. Town varsoon has objectives that he wants to achieve. Scum varsoon on the other hand needs to try to look towny to survive this onslaught. So instead he's going and appealing to the supposed protownness of his gameplay, to his top scumread no less, to derail this.

When what I'm advocating for is literally a 1v1 between me (Varsoon's top scumread) and Varsoon, which is essentially the only way for town varsoon to get the W here

But no, he's so REASONABLE for getting content out of nonposting Nicorobin, am I right?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:14 pm

In post 309, Varsoon wrote:
In post 289, Elbirn wrote:
In post 274, Varsoon wrote:The fact you start in a neighborhood makes me think you're likelier scum than town.
Are you...not the guy who modded a game with an all town neighborhood, or did I make that up/misremembering something?

...My point being neighborhoods dont (or shouldnt) have any bearing on alignment and I think you should be aware of that :/
If I had designed this game, a game in which players compete to upgrade their roles in minigames, then I would give scum neighborizing powers/neighbors, so they can exert more influence over what is, on paper, a mechanic that swings in town's favor 2/3 of the time.

@RC: I've literally interacted with every single post in the first several pages of this game. I have interacted with every slot. The fact your read on me right now is so wrong is indicative that your judgment can not be trusted.
I am to then believe one of two things.
1. You are a good player but must lie because you are scum.
2. You are not a good player and can not discern my alignment accurately despite a huge amount of content to base a read off of.

What is it, RC? Are you scum and good at Mafia or are you town and willing to admit that you could be wrong about your 'top scumread'?
Why make this post as town? why argue with your top scumread about how not good he is going to be when you flip town?
you only make this post because A) you're trying to be an asshole and pick a fight with someone that you're not really scumreading or B) you're trying to deter him from pushing back on you

like derp derp derp oh no I'm sure scum RC will feel
so terrible
when he mislynches you and goes on to win the game, right?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 818, Varsoon wrote:Does anyone else in this game know, in fact, that RC has the 'force' behind 'a big game'?
*slowly raises hand*
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler: Running tally of people's confidence in RC as a good player
Can back up the big talk (1):
Firebringer