Saudade(1)
~ (195)
Nauci(1)
~ (50)
Mewtaph(1)
~ (99)

Not Voting (3): (54), (4), Saudade(19)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:16:43)

MOD REMINDERS
  • amid replacing saudade
  • Start Craft

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ok it'll prob take me more than one post to catch up

==
In post 1215, Nauci wrote:Hhhhhmmmmmm

This post feels bad to me. Like an after-the-fact forced recalculation of disingenuous positions. Not to mention Irrelephant was in the bottom 3.
i mean like five different people told him about her, including me, you, tw, and varsoon; iirc he's town reading all three of us to some extent or another; it's not like it was *only* his scumread who gave this opinion and he was listening to him exclusively or anything

like changing his mind after like five people tell him why he's wrong makes sense; that in particular doesn't feel forced to me

==
In post 1229, Varsoon wrote:Ayyy I'm not gonna take any ground until after you've flipped, my guy.
I'm putting my neck in the rope with you if you're scum here.
i don't think you're scum with xtoxm

==
In post 1244, the worst wrote:Actually Xtoxm is reminding me of usual large game me as well. Check gunner mafia or heroes wanted. I seriously don't think this is scum coasting so much as town who isn't super comfortable / ~~in the zone~~
is it usual for nancy to like .... take things incredibly literally? or have nuance like go completely over her head? or misunderstand things?

==
In post 1251, Performer wrote:So irrel said Rory Swann was a Terran engineer. There IS mention of guns in his wiki.
where did he say that?

==
In post 1262, Performer wrote:Putting shos back into my sr for that readslist she recently provided.
kinda wondering if scum!performer goes completely against the grain with this read

==
In post 1272, Mewtaph wrote:Do you disagree with my thought that scum wouldn't leave paranoia to foster between those two players? Because the way I'm using it is not to shade everyone in the playerlist other than Irrelephant11 and people that voted for Shoshin after the interaction but to justify my thought process behind town reading someone based on their approach to Varsoon vs Shoshin. The problem is, wrt people not posting about it, that was actually a lot of people posting at the time, so I guess a better question to have asked would be: "Would Irrelephant11 approach a Varsoon vs Shoshin TvT in this way?" and by asking this question I'm coming up with no. I think you going for the comment about my predecessor is really disingenous on basis that the nature of teacher's replace out could come from both town or scum and is more associated wrt "opening the slot up for people that are waiting and willing to play". I think you know this too which is why I'm confused you're pushing me for it (and it's an argument I personally can't tackle directly at all, as teacher cannot post for himself anymore).
yes, i think it's possible that scum would have chosen to sit out the argument and not get involved rather than trying to become part of it

but the way you said it did feel like vague shade to me on a large nebulous group of people. i'm not entirely following why you're specifically asking why *irrel* would approach a varsonn v shoshin tvt in this way, and say, if *i* would approach it in a given way, or if any number of other people would approach it in a given way

like i guess i'm not getting why the shoshin v varsoon thing prompted you to ask about irrel in particular if that makes sense

and like i said, ii felt like your statement of: 'I'm inclined to think that scum would simply not post or skirt around engaging with it wholly to allow the possibility of paranoia to foster between those two players, leaving it as an option to easily push on later', teacher did just sit out the entirety of the argument; i don't know when he asked to replace otu or what prompted it

i'm not pushing you specifically for that but rather noting that your description of what scum could be doing (ie 'simply not post[ing]') is incredibly vague and could apply to a lot of people, even your pred
In post 1272, Mewtaph wrote:Our point of disagreeance may be coming from that I think Nauci should be town read for what she has done as a holistic slot, while other players have displayed a hesitance to buy into that read.
i mean, i guess? i guess what's particularly bothering me is that when asked to elaborate you aren't really like pointing to something in particular that she did that you liked, but rather are calling her town holistically - it feels kinda vague and fluffy to me

==
ok new post
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1290, the worst wrote:I'm heading to Vietnam; meeting up with some family in Singapore on Tuesday then off to Ho Chi Minh & city hopping. super super excited.
i hope you have an awesome time :)

==
In post 1299, the worst wrote:Nancy attacking my ability to read your slot when I continuously talk about how much trouble I'm having reading your slot isn't helping me with reading your slot
^^^^
In post 1304, the worst wrote:(the reach out to skitter, your pleads with me, your responses to being wagoned) the more I'm feeling like they're not actually AI and I don't think you guys have another way to respond as either alignment
i'm getting a little paranoid of the fact that a50 wont' talk to me seriously, but is rather telling me to just talk to nancy (especially given i coudl sort him if he posted seriously for just a bit?)

==
In post 1321, Irrelephant11 wrote:What are the odds of Varsoon/xtoxm team? Low? Or are they jsut forgoing using daychat?
i don't really see them being a team much at all tbh

(varsoon is like *way* too self-aware that if xtoxm flips scum people will be after him next; i don't think he knowingly defends xtoxm and positions himself this way knowing that scum!xtoxm will flip red and is fairly likely to flip in the nearish future and knowing that people will be pushing him on a xtoxm scumflip)

==

ok caught up again
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Xtoxm now who’s scum?

I kinda read that thing Performer said about me & my flavor as a typo? Because I didn’t say anything about Rory Swann’s identity; I’m completely unfamiliar with the flavor for this game. Tinfoil hat says someone else said it in scumchat and Performed remembered me saying it?

Keyser you’re still voting Nauci? :?

Ewo (aka the worst), is Saudade a real wagon you would like others to join? Or just like, a place for your vote for a bit
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by the worst »

Eh, I feel outright ridiculed by your slot now A50/Nancy. I'm going to keep reading you but more or less ignore you and focus on other slots unless I see something I wanna talk about. I like you both a lot and I think I feel some kind of pride in reading you both correctly, and being shut down and told I'm ignoring you and then ridiculed over it is just exhausting.

We can talk on day two if we're both here, I don't have any interest in responding to any of your last few posts @ me tbh
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1354, the worst wrote:Eh, I feel outright ridiculed by your slot now A50/Nancy. I'm going to keep reading you but more or less ignore you and focus on other slots unless I see something I wanna talk about. I like you both a lot and I think I feel some kind of pride in reading you both correctly, and being shut down and told I'm ignoring you and then ridiculed over it is just exhausting.

We can talk on day two if we're both here, I don't have any interest in responding to any of your last few posts @ me tbh
I really like you a lot too, you know I do. <3

However, I don’t honestly feel you were listening to anything I said yesterday in response to your questions. So, I feel hurt over not being listened to by you. :cry:
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

@Nauci: In terms of moves and also lack of moves, I think it's possible and low-key makes me lean towards Xtoxm being town. I'm in agreeance towards the idea that this feels a bit more like town!Xtoxm not ~~in the zone~~ that fits the mould here a lot more than just scum.

I think that Mitillos likely doesn't open with his high-upkeep inquisitive playstyle as scum and is fairly likely town here.

I don't really think scum!Performer is ever compelled to make given Keyser called Performer town for his points on Performer's play - I'm finding it hard to see how scum would be motivated to make that post and thus Performer reads as town to me.

I'm not sure if there are any games that show how I would approach playing larger games in terms of playstyle as town/scum that aren't outdated, so I'm probably not much help there.

______

@skitter30: I don't know, but the more I discuss and think about this bullet point in more detail, the more I'm compelled to not use it as a reason to scum read a large group of people for it specifically as an additional "reason" to vote essentially most of the player list. Why am I asking it on Irrelephant specifically? I guess I noted that Irrelephant11 was largely the mediator in that conflict and I liked that approach, while Performer and Xtoxm votes felt like natural follow up votes to their bad feels towards Shoshin somewhat running the game and them not liking at all how they addressed Varsoon in that exchange.

I mean, I guess it could be possible that the break up of the conflict isn't as good as I think it is specifically if Varsoon is scum, because assuming that conflict got pushed it seems fairly likely that Varsoon would get lynched over Shoshin if it ended up that way, if that makes any sense. But, like on principle of it being a TvT, I think Irrelephant is town for it.

Yeah, I don't know what specifically happened with my predecessor but I'm not really sure how anyone could really come up with an SR on teacher based off of his one post.

I guess I have a lot of town reads right now and while I want to look at them more closely in future days, my line of thinking is that at least one scum is likely sitting out and has little or no presence in this at all, if that makes any sense. In terms of who fits what I'm searching for in player names and not a description of a vague group of players, I'm looking towards a Saudade replacement or Not_Mafia vote in the upcoming days if that slot doesn't turn it up on arrival over Xtoxm/Performer who I both think become more readable.

In terms of me being too vague on my Nauci read when asked to elaborate, and not being able to find any particular posts that I can actually point to that I can say gives me strong town vibes specfically, that's probably a fair enough assessment and I'll take that into consideration when considering my perspective of the game.

General note: Semi-V/LA on Monday.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:35 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

UNVOTE: Nauci
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:25 am

Post by Creature »

Hi, did Performer do anything other than OMGUS me?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Mewtaph
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Creature »

I don't want Xtoxm or Keyser lynched, atleast not today.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:28 am

Post by Creature »

Actually:

VOTE: Creature
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:30 am

Post by Creature »

Okay, I'm getting why Keyser could be scum now
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:30 am

Post by Creature »

Not_Mafia is also scum
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:30 am

Post by Creature »

I probably have doubts on Mewtaph being scum
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:34 am

Post by Creature »

Replace the chorus with something mafia-related
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:36 am

Post by Creature »

Shoshin still town

Irrelephant still town
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:37 am

Post by Creature »

Dunno what I feel about Mittilos, just gonna sheep others
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Creature »

Okay, I'm seeing Mewtaph town rn
Sigh
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:49 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1313, Keyser Söze wrote:I saw this as scum-Relly connecting me to his scum-partner (i.e pre-flip association theory he can return to later).
What does this mean

Whose scum partner
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1313, Keyser Söze wrote:Somehow Nauci was now above me in his reads list - how did Nauci get here? You still didn't sound that confident previously (unless you can show me in your posts). Wasn't I supposed to be the townie between me and Nauci..? Now I'm relegated alongside Creature I don't think the way Nauci magically moved up your readslist was genuine.
I post a lot while you were more absent

Seemed pretty clear to me

The rest I'll let him respond to or get to from a laptop
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:56 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1335, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1321, Irrelephant11 wrote:1313 is fine, potentially towny
I’m sad Keyser isn’t really here though
It’s probably NAI I guess. I hope he catches up and/or real-times soon

What are the odds of Varsoon/xtoxm team? Low? Or are they jsut forgoing using daychat?
It always bugs me when I don't recall Daychat being in game from the OP and someone mentions it like this.
Irrelephant mentioning daychat in this way is towny for reasons I'll explain from laptop
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:00 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1351, skitter30 wrote:i mean like five different people told him about her, including me, you, tw, and varsoon; iirc he's town reading all three of us to some extent or another; it's not like it was *only* his scumread who gave this opinion and he was listening to him exclusively or anything

like changing his mind after like five people tell him why he's wrong makes sense; that in particular doesn't feel forced to me
He didn't thank the rest of you by name
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1363, Creature wrote:Not_Mafia is also scum
I actually agree here and would be fine voting there today

But yes, performer did do many things

How do you feel about his self meta
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1369, Nauci wrote:
In post 1313, Keyser Söze wrote:I saw this as scum-Relly connecting me to his scum-partner (i.e pre-flip association theory he can return to later).
What does this mean

Whose scum partner
You and Relly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”