Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Still not luck based
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:16 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Well it's certainly not skill or time based lol.

It's probably not productive for us to debate something so trivial though.
I mostly just lurk now.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:17 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

@mod would you consider this luck based
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I consider it mildly luck based
Which probably means I’m gonna lose cos I just got super lucky on something recently
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 848, Firebringer wrote:i was literally looking for an alternate gif that would say i have no power here instead of "you".
couldn't find one.

should have photoshopped it.
You need to find a gif of the ending scene of labyrinth where Sarah says "You have no power over me" and then David Bowie turns into an owl and fucks off

Goodluck
In post 862, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 851, Not Known 15 wrote:Actually, these switches off RC towards a lurker lynch is very suspicious from the ones who advocate it - and it does make a scum RC ... more likely.
That would make sense had Varsoon not been pushing RC before then. Maybe fact check who is making each push?
Honestly this feels suspect based on that
I think NK15 is spilling the real tea about RC vs. Varsoon being SvS

But that's a tinfoil hat conspiracy straight out of my wet dreams and I'm not ready
In post 867, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 779, ChibiBear wrote:So you don't think NSG or FB are likely to be scum, but you think they may be a scum team together? Can you elaborate on why you think they're connected in such a way?

I also don't think that NSG is scum btw, I get a similar feeling from her posts as I do from Nibbui's, it's a nice towny feeling (although to a much lesser extent) :3
I don't think they are in a scum team together because I don't scum read either of them but if it turned out that they were in a scum team together than I do think that would make sense and the main thing that I think would make me reconsider my read on them is if either of them flip scum. I can't remember which page it was on but they had some interactions that made me think that they were probably the same alignment. Currently, I think that alignment is town.
I tried to rant about this same shit earlier and these two posts seem more succinct so I'm just gonna reply to this. Maybe I suck at communicating and that's why I got people shitting down my neck with my posting on Friday idk.

You have two people that you think are town. But you're hypothesizing about them being scum together. I dont see where this thought process comes from. If I have two townreads, nowhere in my brain does the thought process exist "these two are town, but if one of them flips scum they're both scum", because I'm not...scumreading either of them? And I don't really believe in making associations without a flip in the first place. RC and FB have claimed neighbors. If they seem to be linked together to you, surely that's why.

I dont think I actually have a question for you right now idk I just woke up I'm not myself yet and I need to refresh and coffee and shower and pick my nose and go grocery shopping and maybe then I can come back and say words that are actually intelligent
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:30 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm tempted to tell the RC vs. Varsoon debacle to kick rocks because I dont think I can make a proper choice

I want to vote RC but that decision is literally based on personal bullshit. I think RC, while surely a respectable player of mafia, as either alignment will control the game in a super unhealthy way. Even if town I'm going to have a miserable time having him boss everyone around and insist on having his way. The only other person here who seems willing to act as a balancing effect to this is Varsoon, but RC is so threatened by another strong willed personality that he csnt do anything else but will it out of existence, and it doesnt help that they've got personal beef with each other

I dont want RC vs varsoon because I want to actually play mafia, not...whatever this is.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

It's all personal vendettas and I just dont care
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:06 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

elbirn is varsoon's scumbuddy btw
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:10 am

this entire game he's been making excuses for not voting varsoon in spite of the fact that he agreed that varsoon's opening was extremely toxic
starts by saying 'oh I dont think that varsoon would be toxic like this as scum'
then he made the excuse of 'oh i dont think that RC is actually reading varsoon, it feels like a personal vendetta that happens every game!'
now he's simultaneously saying 'oh I think that NK15 is right that Varsoon/RC is SvS (giving him an excuse to not clear me after varsoon flips)', saying that I should be lynched first, but saying he doesn't want to vote in this pairing because it's all 'personal vendettas'
he's trying to hide behind my push being some imagined personal vendetta as opposed to varsoon's scummy as fuck ISO to justify not voting is partner and giving himself an excuse to vote me if it comes to it

also before some dumbass says I'm saying this reactively because I'm annoyed that he's fighting my wagon, my neighbourhood can verify that I called this pairing fairly close to the beginning of the game based on elbirn's interactions.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:12 am

In post 75, Elbirn wrote:
In post 68, Varsoon wrote:Let's uh
Let's try that again.
HI VARSOON ARE YOU TOWN? ^_____^
also the fact that I've gone this long against Varsoon and not one person has voted him essentially confirms him as scum

:shrug:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I voted Varsoon in my response to his wall
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:13 am

are you currently voting him?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:14 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 879, Elbirn wrote:You have two people that you think are town. But you're hypothesizing about them being scum together. I dont see where this thought process comes from. If I have two townreads, nowhere in my brain does the thought process exist "these two are town, but if one of them flips scum they're both scum", because I'm not...scumreading either of them? And I don't really believe in making associations without a flip in the first place. RC and FB have claimed neighbors. If they seem to be linked together to you, surely that's why.
Okay so first of all I began thinking that NSG and FB were the same alignments before I actually read them both one way or the other. Secondly, them being a scum team is not something that I'm pushing or even care about but just keep mentioning because other people keep bringing it up. And the only reason I even mentioned it in the first place was to emphasise how I don't think it's a good idea to lynch FB.

There's also nothing wrong with making associations without flips. It's just preparations for the what ifs.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:14 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 880, Elbirn wrote:I dont want RC vs varsoon because I want to actually play mafia, not...whatever this is.
Hence why we should get it out of the way on day 1 so the rest of the game can be spent doing exactly that.
I mostly just lurk now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:15 am

mutant if you've acknowledged that varsoon backed out of the 1v1 because he didn't think he'd win it and that's clearly a scum motivated action, why have you not voted them yet?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 877, Kokichi Oma wrote:@mod would you consider this luck based
No this is a matter of knowledge
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 am

as the sole person in this game who has met annadog i should have the highest odds of victory.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 889, RadiantCowbells wrote:mutant if you've acknowledged that varsoon backed out of the 1v1 because he didn't think he'd win it and that's clearly a scum motivated action, why have you not voted them yet?
I haven't voted anyone thus far in this game.
I mostly just lurk now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 am

also elbirn portraying varsoon as the hero standing against RC's tyranny is fucking bullshit given that elbirn said earlier in the game, and I quote, "i don't know if scum-Varsoon would be this big of a twat"
I haven't voted anyone thus far in this game.
think that it's time for that to change.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:31 am

like when I wasn't actually making a big deal of the varsoon push to the point that it was unignorable, Elbirn was taking an 'oh Varsoon is being an asshole this game but i dont want to lynch him' point of view
now that I'm making a big deal of the Varsoon push to the point that it's him or me, Elbirn has entirely changed tac and now Varsoon is the victim, standing up against me ruining the game of mafia
pretty convenient point of view for scum with Varsoon to take, portray Varsoon as an asshole but not a scum one in the early game but when things heat up he needs to be fully on his side.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 886, RadiantCowbells wrote:are you currently voting him?
Yes.
<Embrace The Void>

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:34 am

You are my favorite person in this game, congratulations. Keep being you, please.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 893, RadiantCowbells wrote:think that it's time for that to change.
Maybe. But not until the minigame is over.
I mostly just lurk now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:36 am

bring him to L-3 or so before the minigame ends and we can cap it there.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:43 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Is there any particular reason why I can't be a part of those final 3 votes?
I mostly just lurk now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”