AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1479, Shoshin wrote:I'm never lynching Nauci, so unless you think I'm that wrong about a townread (which has literally never been the case), don't lynch her.
I’m pretty much mindmelding with you on your Nauci townread.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1495, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 1474, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1471, Kokichi Oma wrote:I love starcraft..anyone wanna tell me anything I should know?
Your lack of disappointment (about alignment, among other things) feels very telling at this moment...

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=77611&start=2750
In post 912, Kokichi Oma wrote:Hi just checked Role PM and I'm sad. Wish I was scum with this player list
Kokichi was scum in that game.
I'm the king of wifom
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Average reading speed is 200 wpm.
You haven't posted at all on-site between the replace-in filling and you posting here, so I'm to assume you took the 1 hour and 46 minutes to read the scum PT and formulate a response.

That puts us at 20800 words
The average post in a scum PT is about 27 words,
so 770 posts
25 posts per page
30 pages?

IF that's the case and you flip scum then I know your scum buddies are very vocal scum threaders, so...

Real talk though thoughts on the game?
Have you read any at all?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1484, Varsoon wrote:Well, there's a guilty on you.
That's why your predecessor replaced out.

What do you have to say?
How is there a guilty on anyone on D1?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Are you the King of Wifom, my guy?
Really
Seriously
That's not something
guy
come one
that's not something to brag on
my dude

@Nancy: Sicknasty informed roles and day powers.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I think scum is among Kokichi, Xtom, Performer, Key, Not_Mafia, Mew, Skitter, and maybe Mitillos.

I think Irrelephant, the worst, and Nauci are town to the point where I'm never lynching. If they're scum, they can win because they're playing beyond anything I've seen scum ever do.

Varsoon, Creature, Nancy are likely town. It's hard to see them as scum. Possible, but very unlikely.

Varsoon's rage is within his scumrange but he's usually more angry as town, as a general matter. I don't think it's indicative in this game, especially in relation to me. I think his approach to the game since the rage has been exceptionally town motivated -- he easily could have justified derailing this game in a much more pro-scum fashion, continuing to push a back-and-forth and nitpicking everything I said. Instead, he's actually doing his best to work with me, and I think the way he reevaluated everything, as well as the timing of it, was very towny. There's a few other things I picked up from reading his games that I think are strong town-tells for him, though I'll keep those to myself for the moment, because I'm fairly sure he's unconscious of them.

If any of my top townreads (Irrelpehant, the worst, or Nauci) strongly townread any of the playeres in my poe (Kokichi, Xtom, Performer, Key, Not_Mafia, Mew, Skitter, Mitillos), then I'd remove them from the poe. I think if we work collectively, we should be able to narrow this down for a very high probability lynch.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1486, Varsoon wrote:So you'd always go to your scum PT before posting in the game PT?

Interesting...
I did that the entire time I was in Heroes. Why is that “interesting”?

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1502, Varsoon wrote:Average reading speed is 200 wpm.
You haven't posted at all on-site between the replace-in filling and you posting here, so I'm to assume you took the 1 hour and 46 minutes to read the scum PT and formulate a response.

That puts us at 20800 words
The average post in a scum PT is about 27 words,
so 770 posts
25 posts per page
30 pages?

IF that's the case and you flip scum then I know your scum buddies are very vocal scum threaders, so...

Real talk though thoughts on the game?
Have you read any at all?
This is one of the most absurd ways of scumhunting I've ever seen.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1496, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1480, the worst wrote:
In post 1478, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1473, the worst wrote:I guess I'd like some Nauci goodness before EoD but I think she's the worst d1 lynch within my PoE
i don't really want to like lynch her today or anything but she just doesn't feel townie to me at all rn
Yeah this is exactly how I feel rn
Reading on: There is a chance of scum-Nauci laughing at my Relly-Nauci scum team theory and then adoring/defending/pocketing town-Relly here, correct?

Does this speak: tin foil, unsupported BS or mid-rep notions to you?
This speaks tinfoil to me but in a 'I had the same paranoid moment' kind of way
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1500, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 1479, Shoshin wrote:I'm never lynching Nauci, so unless you think I'm that wrong about a townread (which has literally never been the case), don't lynch her.
I’m pretty much mindmelding with you on your Nauci townread.
Good. Keep her alive when I die.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by the worst »

Varsoon what the fuck are you trying to do?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1505, Shoshin wrote:I think scum is among Kokichi, Xtom, Performer, Key, Not_Mafia, Mew, Skitter, and maybe Mitillos.
I too can name over half the game and say I think scum is in there
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It's mostly a joke but real talk I am curious what the delay between being announced as a replace-in is for Kokichi when their first post wasn't catchup and they admit to a philosophy that ideal play is to catchup in Scum PT first.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I haven't read anything. And I was out all day. I'm still on vacation for another week.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Aw.
I'm mad jealous.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1504, Varsoon wrote:Are you the King of Wifom, my guy?
Really
Seriously
That's not something
guy
come one
that's not something to brag on
my dude

@Nancy: Sicknasty informed roles and day powers.

whenever you format posts like this i read down the first letter of each line now

alos i think it's entirely possible he wasn't online during that timeframe tbh

(and even if he was and he *is* scum i doubt that he spent that entire time reading the scum pt? it'd have to be like half as long as this game or something for that to make sense)
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1510, the worst wrote:Varsoon what the fuck are you trying to do?
Why are you voting my predecessor. Did they do bad things?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1505, Shoshin wrote:If any of my top townreads (Irrelpehant, the worst, or Nauci) strongly townread any of the playeres in my poe (Kokichi, Xtom, Performer, Key, Not_Mafia, Mew, Skitter, Mitillos), then I'd remove them from the poe. I think if we work collectively, we should be able to narrow this down for a very high probability lynch.
Never lynch Xtoxm or skitter today, imo. Unless I'm being really stupid I think both of them are fairly likely town and on a towntelling trajectory.

Xtoxm's opening was pretty weak but I think it checks out as disengaged town a fair way before scum. If you have more solid meta on him feel free to swing in here, and I definitely don't intend to let him have an easy time. But at the same time I can't see myself supporting this d1.

I think the way skitter popped in earlier today is pretty town indicative (and she's done a few things earlier in this phase which have already made me stop and wonder whether she's outside of her scumrange). She's Bloody Good Scum so this is another one I'm being careful as hell with but lynching skitter d1 should be illegal
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1470, skitter30 wrote:again, i'm not getting scum!creature here and i don't think scum!creature really votes himself like that like ever? so i'm not really following the bolded; it feels like shade to me
Idk if it applies here at all

Just, in the game I modded which was totally nuts, I think all 3 scum at some point self voted. Can't remember if creature did; I think the predecessor for his slot did

But I was so sure that scum would lose that game because it was so obvious early on that all scum were frustrated with trying to fake reads and kinda self voted flippantly while basically lurking as well

Like the game taught me that sometimes scum aren't so devious and cunning as we think they can be (obviously this is a person by person thing) and sometimes they're just blatantly scumming

Also wrt the "classic" scum signs, I guess all of my games on this site taught me that scum very frequently struggle to scum read players they know are town. This is also biased by the fact that this is my main struggle when I most unfortunately roll scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1516, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1510, the worst wrote:Varsoon what the fuck are you trying to do?
Why are you voting my predecessor. Did they do bad things?
You betcha.
He tried to pocket me, then ignored me trying to reach out to him.

Very bad things indeed. :/
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1508, the worst wrote:
In post 1496, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1480, the worst wrote:
In post 1478, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1473, the worst wrote:I guess I'd like some Nauci goodness before EoD but I think she's the worst d1 lynch within my PoE
i don't really want to like lynch her today or anything but she just doesn't feel townie to me at all rn
Yeah this is exactly how I feel rn
Reading on: There is a chance of scum-Nauci laughing at my Relly-Nauci scum team theory and then adoring/defending/pocketing town-Relly here, correct?

Does this speak: tin foil, unsupported BS or mid-rep notions to you?
This speaks tinfoil to me but in a 'I had the same paranoid moment' kind of way
Book it.

At least I can say I was the first to put it down in writing :cool:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Skitter: Hahaha, I learned my lesson about dropping hints and crumbs. Just gonna be forthright with info from now on in games and see how that goes.
Real talk though he would have had to confirm via PM before mod confirmed him in-thread, so I'm curious what the delays were but yeah the obvious explain is that he was just not around until now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by the worst »

I love the idea of pressuring Kokichi but I don't think he was ever going to reply tellingly to you faking a guilty then quizzing him about the scum pt?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1518, Nauci wrote:
In post 1470, skitter30 wrote:again, i'm not getting scum!creature here and i don't think scum!creature really votes himself like that like ever? so i'm not really following the bolded; it feels like shade to me
Idk if it applies here at all

Just, in the game I modded which was totally nuts, I think all 3 scum at some point self voted. Can't remember if creature did; I think the predecessor for his slot did

But I was so sure that scum would lose that game because it was so obvious early on that all scum were frustrated with trying to fake reads and kinda self voted flippantly while basically lurking as well

Like the game taught me that sometimes scum aren't so devious and cunning as we think they can be (obviously this is a person by person thing) and sometimes they're just blatantly scumming

Also wrt the "classic" scum signs, I guess all of my games on this site taught me that scum very frequently struggle to scum read players they know are town. This is also biased by the fact that this is my main struggle when I most unfortunately roll scum.
i mean i'm aware that scum self-vote sometimes, but i'm not sure it's a thing that scum!creature in particular does like ever?

like it can be a general thing scum does, but it just doesn't match how i view his scum!play like at all

and like yeah scum struggle to scumread players sometimes too

but like i know i'm town and idk who i want to lynch today, and i have an abundance of townreads, and not that many scumreads, so it vibes with me that tw may be feeling the same way

again like i get that it can apply to scum in a general sense but it doesn't really seem to fit scum!tw here in this context in particular

like i guess what's bothering me is that these feel like very general scumtells that don't really feel to me like they apply to these specific situations
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1487, the worst wrote:I'm just gonna come out and say it because the more I think about this the more silly it feels: Shoshin how sure are you feeling about Varsoon being town? his early blowup at you felt like a caricature of his ragetowngame which I'm pretty sure he could emulate as scum, and it seems like a really intuitive way to pocket you and work his way into the townblock.
It's all of the posts he has done outside of the shoshinteractions that have him in my town pile

Despite the angry reaction he was still managing to output well thought out game analysis pretty frequently

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”