Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1525, Keyser Söze wrote:Still reading back:
In post 610, AlmostNancy wrote:VOTE: Xtoxm

Strikes me a possibly disgruntled scum, like Shoshin said, pissed at the townblock.
Interesting... Varsoon and I were frustrated/annoyed with the quick erection of the townblock too, what did you think about OUR reactions?
I thought yours was townie. Xtoxm’s OTOH, didn’t really make alot of sense to me but the tipping point for me, was when he shetchily lifted that Shoshin quote from a signup thread and attempted to shade her with it. His ISO consists mostly of bullshit rationalizations and very little actual solving.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I can give you a couple reasons NM's town. His opening post isn't how I expect him to enter the game as scum. He didn't quickhammer when given the opportunity, which is very towny for him unless Xtom's his partner. And he just felt much less awkwardly self-conscious than when he's scum.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:Not_Mafia feels town to me. I'd rather lynch Performer.
Why to both of those things

Performer got quiet again

P.S. can we all take a moment to appreciate how great it's been to have this many players in a game interacting in real time
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Fun game!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by the worst »

NM reads self conscious and awkward to you when he's scum? that's weird, he plays it safe but I don't think he's all that restrained tonally as scum
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by the worst »

Yeah the list in this game is like, better than I thought was practically possible rn. <3 glad it's been so spicy and engaging so far.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1547, Varsoon wrote:Please never link me to an RC game again.
That dude's play is so insufferable that it's hard enough to deal with when I'm in a game I signed up for.
If there's a point you'd wanna get across by linking one of those games, just save me the headache and tell me what I'm supposed to get from it and I'll take you at face value.
I’m aware you’re not a fan but I have to link the game, to show where I got the particular quote from, so people can verify what I was saying about Kokichi’s alignment in those games was the truth.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1423, Nauci wrote:Creature, this applies to you too. Too close to deadline to be making fun of existing wagons or joking about being wagoned or self voting. Who are you scum reading?

Also

Scum on this site self votes a lot
Actually I've been selfvoting because of Mini 2044, where I happened to give good reads under pressure.
Sigh
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1553, Nauci wrote:
In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:Not_Mafia feels town to me. I'd rather lynch Performer.
Why to both of those things

Performer got quiet again

P.S. can we all take a moment to appreciate how great it's been to have this many players in a game interacting in real time
I lit the fuse.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1555, the worst wrote:NM reads self conscious and awkward to you when he's scum? that's weird, he plays it safe but I don't think he's all that restrained tonally as scum
I think all scum are more self-conscious than their town counterparts. Even you, and you're pretty unrestrained as scum.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

I think lynching anyone on the Xtoxm wagon is probably a mislynch. If he flips green, I’d be more than willing to reacess Performer but not before that.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1558, Creature wrote:
In post 1423, Nauci wrote:Creature, this applies to you too. Too close to deadline to be making fun of existing wagons or joking about being wagoned or self voting. Who are you scum reading?

Also

Scum on this site self votes a lot
Actually I've been selfvoting because of Mini 2044, where I happened to give good reads under pressure.
This made me laugh.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1430, AlmostNancy wrote:I doubt it was a serious vote.
It was somewhat a self-punishment, somewhat "what if self-pressure really works?"
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1447, Keyser Söze wrote:Has creature this game came up with any fresh takes on players?
Someone has just been talking about my townread on Xtoxm -_-
Sigh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by the worst »

I think we should be talking with you more tomorrow Creature but the idea of pressurewagoning you this close to EoD when the competing wagons don't have all that many votes on them kinda stresses me out

vote elsewhere?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1511, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1505, Shoshin wrote:I think scum is among Kokichi, Xtom, Performer, Key, Not_Mafia, Mew, Skitter, and maybe Mitillos.
I too can name over half the game and say I think scum is in there
Not when you name the other half as likely never scum.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1516, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1510, the worst wrote:Varsoon what the fuck are you trying to do?
Why are you voting my predecessor. Did they do bad things?
They claimed watcher that can see who their target visits.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1518, Nauci wrote:Just, in the game I modded which was totally nuts, I think all 3 scum at some point self voted.
My predecessor self-voted actually.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 1565, the worst wrote:vote elsewhere?
but where?
Sigh
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1552, Shoshin wrote:I can give you a couple reasons NM's town. His opening post isn't how I expect him to enter the game as scum. He didn't quickhammer when given the opportunity, which is very towny for him unless Xtom's his partner. And he just felt much less awkwardly self-conscious than when he's scum.
I’ve never played with scum!NM but I’ve read nothing so far in his ISO, that strikes me as in anyway scummy.

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I would also like to vouch for Skitter joining the townblock

Towncasing Nauci with quotes is turning out to be a terrible experience on mobile but I’m still working on it because I think I really do believe it
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1548, the worst wrote:
In post 1545, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 1519, the worst wrote:
In post 1516, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1510, the worst wrote:Varsoon what the fuck are you trying to do?
Why are you voting my predecessor. Did they do bad things?
You betcha.
He tried to pocket me, then ignored me trying to reach out to him.

Very bad things indeed. :/
In post 125, Saudade wrote:the worst is town this game
what a relief
Is this is what kids are calling a “pocket” these days? :lol:

I guess most of the playerlist must be scum in that case.
:lol:
can't help the cheekiness
:lol:

Nope, it’s as natural as breathing to me - maybe even moreso. :P

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 45, Nauci wrote:Sup y'all

Stacked roster ♪┏(°.°)┛┗(°.°)┓┗(°.°)┛┏(°.°)┓ ♪

Since I'm still recovering from pollution induced bronchitis and general burn out, don't expect me to be at my 110% wall posting mode for a bit

I'll aim for like 40% capacity and if town is lucky I'll get all the way up to half assed

But I do intend to come out of this with a 12-1 town record...
Okay so I actually remember not townreading this entrance, and I still don’t love it (“expect less from me”). The ironic thing though is I don’t feel like I’m getting less from a Nauci than usual, and I agree with her recent self-analysis that she’s getting a similar amount of scumhunting done with fewer walls.
In post 179, Nauci wrote:Now that everybody but NM has joined us

VOTE: varsoon

this is the closest I've seen TW ever get to having a natural flow and carefree attitude. I feel like I'm pretty confident at reading scum worst at this point and there's no hint of the nervous YOLOing and showboating I've seen (unfortunately for our poor ducky) too many times. Town lean.

Image we can sniff out scum together buddeh

I'm also fairly confident in my ability to read irrelephant and while it's too early to go into details, I disagree with your assessment in this post. However, thank you for because I need to go read up on that scumrelephant game.

I have very WIFOM thoughts about this post and the use of "same team" instead of "both town." I would think scum faking this banter would take care to say "town" instead of "same team"? But then again, if this was a casual thought typed directly into the box without too much thought for manipulation, it felt quite scummy.

I'm voting Varsoon for now because that entrance left a lot to be desired.
I think the tw & varsoon reads made sense here, the willingness to give reads with reasons here is towny, and the comments about me are usual for town!Nauci. This is the start of buddying-me-by-way-of-complimenting-my-scum-game, though, if Keyser is right about her play, so we’ll track that too
In post 180, Nauci wrote:I've got no read at all on Keyser since I'm recalibrating on him haha
Makes perfect sense for Nauci given WW and is towny for her here (and I no longer think they’re partners)
In post 320, Nauci wrote:
In post 202, Varsoon wrote:Thoughts otherwise:
Nauci keeps using their vote as pressure on players that aren't here rather than sticking to a wagon and dealing with the possible interactions that come from it. I don't like this.
Mitilos and Skitter are parsing out their thoughts plenty and I like that, though I'm still trying to make heads or tails of them.
The Worst truly is The Worst but at the very least their play IS consistent and reminds me of their town play, so I don't feel horrible about their slot.

What's up you cool babies?
Confirming that I'm doing this

But also that I always do this

You know how often day 1 lurkers turn out to be scum while the whole town is busy FOSing each other?
The last question here is totally consistent with town!Nauci, who keeps attention and pressure on lurkers because she thinks it’s important
In post 340, Nauci wrote:Varsoon, why do you treat early, 2-3 votewagons as if they must be accurate reads, or require extensive justification, or are in danger of leading to your lynch?

The fact that you're already talking about how you'd flip from having 2 page <10 votes on you gives me bad vibes, but maybe we just have wildly different early game philosophy. What's yours?
I pulled this post to say I liked the “stop getting stuck in these two options” thing she’s doing
I also think the “what’s yours” is sort of tonally off for the post, like it’s too easy & lighthearted? I would s/s read this if either ever flips scum, but till then, I think it’s just Nauci sort of changing the subject/helping varsoon open up
In post 352, Nauci wrote:
In post 276, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: shosin

I was already getting scum vibes from calling a bunch of different people town for no reason and campaigning for a policy lynch is just a dick move
This is the least original post in the game

Varsoon are you going to call out this plagiarism

My naughty list is currently xtoxm, performer, and possibly Keyser but that's just for having been relatively quiet for keyser
This is audacious for scum!Nauci
In post 357, Nauci wrote:
In post 287, Keyser Söze wrote:Perhaps TW and Nauci could chip in here too...
I outright withhold judgement on Irrelephant11 for the time being
Town!Nauci always does this so it would be scummy if she didn’t
It might be something she feels the need to do as scum to keep up our meta but it’s NAI if so
In post 360, Nauci wrote:
In post 293, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 292, Varsoon wrote:
In post 291, Irrelephant11 wrote:the caveat on my reads is that I have townleaned friends who do not deserve it before because I like them
When you post stuff like this, Irrel, it feels like you're scum giving yourself wiggle room to later be okay with a lynch on your townreads, 'cus you were just 'friendreading' them and could be wrong.
:/
good thing I wrote other posts huh
:lol: I love this new sassy Irrelephant, regardless of alignment
Re:pocketing this is a nice thing to say, but Nauci compliments my personality and play as town (while also being afraid of my scumgame) so it’s not really enough for pocketing imo
In post 413, Nauci wrote:
In post 390, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 380, Xtoxm wrote:Yeah, because anyone claiming strong reads this early in the game is more likely to just be
lying
Interesting you’d say “lying” as opposed to just wrong.

So, lemme get this straight. According to you, everyone who has claimed to have a strong read - either town or scum - is more likely to be straight-up lying than wrong.

Wow, this must be like the most scum sided game in the history of Mafia then.
Nice catch
I didn’t really think this was a nice catch? But I think I maybe believe Nauci thinks this is a nice catch
Especially given its consistent with a previous scumreading xtoxm
In post 417, Nauci wrote:
In post 409, Varsoon wrote:
In post 405, Nauci wrote:
In post 369, Xtoxm wrote:Lol @ having 2 strong instant scum reads in a large game. Get ove4 yourself.
I'm glad you decided to respond to pressure with great contributions and sortable content that makes it easy to town read you
Hey maybe don't be a prat like this.
Hey maybe I don't respond to condescension with acquiescence
This is Nauci being Nauci, allow me to introduce you to Nauci
NAI but great
In post 424, Nauci wrote:
In post 421, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 382, Irrelephant11 wrote:xtoxm you should post more so that it is harder for nauci to mislynch you
Why are you so sure xtoxm is a mislynch? Is this based on meta?
I read this as Irrelephant's plea to xtoxm speaking from xtoxm's POV presuming that he's town and I'm "lying"

It's a very in character device for townrelephant and I'll have to read his more recent scum game(s) to determine if scumrelephant does it too
Re:pocketing like mayyybe Nauci goes into this game trying really hard to pocket me? But at the same time I think scum!Nauci wants me dead, and given my claim she’d need me lynched eventually, and defending me accurately when she could just *not* seems unnecessary here
In post 431, Nauci wrote:Good point, I must @mit

But yeah, performer's posts all ping me

Like the "fixed" post where he wants to point out that people also wanted to policy him (? I don't know if that happened and no one else noticed or talked about it?). It's just hyper aware of what others have said about him when the rest of the posts make it clear that we weren't putting any weight into those posts. To me, this comes across as the actions of a guilty conscience/perspective at a much stronger degree than anything else I could consider alignment indicative this game, without tons of further research into various players' metas.

Also, while I haven't processed it into detailed explanation yet, I think of townrelephant as more like a bloodhound than an elephant. He checks under every rock and chases every possible lead and is never hesitant to get on wagons to pressure players in the interest of sortable content or chasing up a hunch. He's like the entire Mystery Van crew by himself, and exudes the town confidence of not feeling like he owes explanations of his actions until after his play is done.

P.S. I'm not sorry for the awful pun
This is the only post I’d think is maybe meant to pocket me
In post 438, Nauci wrote:Oh I actually misread the performer "fixed" post (I thought he was saying there was a PL proposed on him instead of that he also denied a PL on varsoon)

It softens my stance a little but now I am more perplexed by the post than ever
Eh, makes sense
In post 556, Nauci wrote:
In post 545, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 513, Nauci wrote:I've seen townrelephant exhibit these behaviors in every game I've seen townrelephant

He's infectiously cheerful to the point of paranoia driving pocketing as a personality
So you're sold he's outside his scum range here?
No. As I always say, his scum range is huge and he's good at it.

I'm just saying that all of those behaviors are within his town range.

Which his scum range largely encompasses.

Irrelephant requires far more observation to sort than that.
Nauci just does this with me D1, doesn’t feel like pocketing, we’re friends and she’s paranoid about my scumgame, etc etc
In post 594, Nauci wrote:@Varsoon

My experience with Shoshin is that she is always rather aggressive and asks very, very good questions of people which really press them to explain their line of thinking in a sortable way. She's like a math teacher constantly demanding every student show their work so even if they're wrong we can see how they got there or if they're right we know they weren't cheating off of someone else's post. I frequently disagree with her conclusions but her method has proven very valuable but also frequently lynchbaity because there's a stubbornness and frequent empty voting employed. You don't have to follow her conclusions but you should investigate her meta to see that this is in line with her town game.
This post was going to get posted by *someone* given multiple players’ experience playing with shoshin but that doesn’t mean Nauci should get townread for being the one to do so
In post 660, Nauci wrote:Ducky you're one of the most fun players on the site

You're excellent at combatting cynicism and fatigue and an expert at defusing tense situations by just being you
Hmm if scum, Nauci is here to pocket every player she thinks she can in some very large pockets
I think it might just be more likely that Nauci is really enjoying herself playing with friends who are good teammates as town
In post 693, Nauci wrote:Hey that's not a theory

Tricksy keyser
I townread the tone of this
In post 704, Nauci wrote:Is NM alive it's been 2 days

I miss that quirky miltank
Towny timing to be paranoid about NM

tl;dr Nauci could be scum but if so she’s doing it really well, playing very boldly with a direct intention to pocket, feeling very comfortable (which would be new for her scumgame), and I just think occam’s razor says Nauci is town having fun and chasing leads
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I only got halfway through the ISO but I’m gonna stop here I think because I’m not lynching Nauci and I don’t think anyone else should want to, either, and mobile posting has made this notttt funnnn to do

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”