DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 3078, Nako wrote:Gamma did not jump off from the wagon on scum when he could.
When Gamma commits to a bus, he often stays on the wagon for a long period of time. This actually should be concerning given that when Gamma is town he tends to move his vote around a bit more. You should look at how Gamma treats texcat and Golden Robster in NY213.

When presented with two EoD wagons, one on a scumbuddy (Whemestar) and one on town (incidentally, PenguinPower), Gamma opts to bus:
In post 3318, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3275, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 3267, WhemeStar wrote:and a game I self hammered as doctor because I was frustrated that people didn’t believe my claim because I didn’t claim flavor?

Get your bs out of here
So when your frustrated as town you care about what happens after you get lynched? When your not frustrated all you care about is surviving?
mhm thinking about it it's actually very similar to his first newbie and yet he's playing different
nah fuck dis s*** I think wheme is actually scum
VOTE: Whemestar
During a CFD, Gamma joins a Texcat wagon here:
In post 5983, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: texcat
eh after a mite of meta I think tex has a decent chance of being scum
and stays on it despite there being two other potential end of day wagons.

and in a later dayphases busses here:
In post 6722, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Golden Robster
I don't understand people backing off of this, why, because he gave up and self-voted? That's a pot of WiFoM and you know it.
and stays on it until he is lynched.

Gamma in that game bussed literally everyone on his scum team at some point (he also bussed Wheme), and did so in two situations where there were serious other wagons presented for the days lynch.

That is to say, thinking that Gamma will not bus consistently and bus early as scum is misguided.

In fact I think the reason Gamma *moved off Penguin* is precisely because *we were going to jail Gamma*. This is the point at which Gamma had to *stop his bus*. And that's why his vote on Mew makes no sense from a town PoV and is for nonsensical reasons. *He had to get off Penguin because if Penguin got lynched and he was jailed and investigated, he was losing the game*.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Let’s note I was fake-skeptical as hell of the Wheme wagon for a long time
I set up my busses. And honestly I had to bus because my team there was dead weight (aside from GRob).
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 3095, Gamma Emerald wrote:DVa what’s you experience with A50 on all your accounts?
My main experience with A50 is in Mini 2040, and if you think I would push for a night 1 kill on him if I was scum here, after that game, you would be mistaken. Conversely, YOUR scumteam opted for an early kill on A50 in NY213 due to him being townread.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3102, DVa wrote:
In post 3095, Gamma Emerald wrote:DVa what’s you experience with A50 on all your accounts?
My main experience with A50 is in Mini 2040, and if you think I would push for a night 1 kill on him if I was scum here, after that game, you would be mistaken. Conversely, YOUR scumteam opted for an early kill on A50 in NY213 due to him being townread.
Actually it was because I was concerned about his read on me that game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE COUNT 5.5
Gamma Emerald (1) -
DVa

DVa (1)
- Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (3)
- Kokichi Oma, Nako, PenguinPower

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-12-17 20:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :)
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 3091, Nako wrote:I am willing to vote DVA at the moment.
So to be clear, if I understand your current concerns, they are:
a) I did not always push wagons on scum on d1
b) Gamma bussed a lot

In regard to a, I don't know what you expect. Most of my pushes on d1 were reaction tests, which did, over time, help me sort DDL a bit better, but not at the point of the game at which our unexplained wagon on DDL was better than our unexplained wagon on Radja. I wanted to be able to sort Radja, and I think us moving off and on of that wagon for poor reasons is probably why Mew was so skeptical of me throughout the game. Frankly, I think we should have stayed on Radja until we got a proper response from Mew. Day 1 play is not about always being on scum, it is about sorting, and I was trying to *sort*. I had to sort because I did not *already know who the scum were*.

Frankly it is way more plausible that Gamma would move from bus to bus because Gamma knew who the scum team were and could play toward a strategy of cross-bussing. I could not do that because I did not know who the scum were.
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Nako »

Gamma's constincency for voting scum at D1 pinged me as well. It's almost like he knew who the scumteam were.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I find DVa’s last post laughable. I’ll post why if I need to but a close read should reveal the problem.
<Embrace The Void>

Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Nako »

In post 1170, DVa wrote:
In post 1165, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1162, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why isnt pp lynched yet?
Man if you're town I wish you'd town up because I do enjoy these gifs but you still seem pretty scummy

I would be interested in you casing BEF tho
Can this be SvS?
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Nako »

In post 1248, Nako wrote:
In post 1247, DVa wrote:
In post 1243, Sephiroth wrote:Do you still want to lynch PP, Dva?
Very good question lol, I've been thinking about this, especially cause I don't like 2 of the votes on the wagon

overall, I'd say... how do I put this... "I
don't not
want to lynch PP." ya, I feel like compared to Diffusion of Power, where he was in fact mislynched on day 1, he feels... very passive and not nearly as aggressive. even so, compared to Epic Duel, where he was NOT mislynched day 1, but was a leading candidate, it seems... a bit closer? ugh. really, he seems tonally different. a lot more willing to kinda talk through his reads.

He seems more reserved and, as Gamma-chan said, lolcatty.

You can compare:

If he is town, I think this is the closest analogue to his play here: viewtopic.php?t=77435&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

If he is scum, it is because we have not seen any of the combativeness or counter-push evident here: viewtopic.php?t=77349&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

Between the two, I feel like he is dissimilar enough to both town games that my suspicions have not been abated and I believe he has decent scum equity.

There are other candidates.
>Tyrion is not really playing to his town meta imo, and if he is, then he should be lynched so he starts playing d1s again. I would accept a mislynch on a town Tyrion based on his play here, and I would be pissed if he was scum and we gave him a free pass.
>BEF is very much within his range as scum, his votes have seemed a bit survivalistic and opportunistic, and I think he is capable of deeper reasoning as town

So I guess right now I would prefer PP but I'm not really dead set on him. He seems like a solid wagon all things considered.
Very good post. DVa is town.
Would DVa do meta read on their partner while she tried hard to save DDl?
I don't think it's likely.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by DVa »

Actually that kinda reminds me, the way Gamma distances from DDL+PP here is very similar to how Gamma busses Wheme and Texcat in the posts I quoted earlier. I think it's a weird tic for Gamma that when he busses or distances he very frequently relies on unexplained meta arguments.
In post 328, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 284, DVa wrote:Gamma where are you on PenguinGifs, Sephora, and BearAvatar?
PenguinGifs would like to see more of, for some reason want to say Town
Sephora Idk
BearAvatar I don’t find anything particularly town indicative from them and I feel like that’s a bit scum!odd, though that’s based on meta that could be wrong
In post 342, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 318, DrDolittle wrote:here's 2 of me doing nothing all game
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=77301
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=77250
Don’t think those games count, they’re too abridged to be reliable meta
In post 1166, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1163, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1145, Gamma Emerald wrote:What makes you think my vote isn’t serious
Apart from my love of gifs, why is your vote serious?
The meta point against you felt semi-valid, plus you reacted like typical caught scum when you saw that point (hence why the gifs/pics are a scum thing)
In post 1178, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1171, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1169, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yea I did. The thing that swayed me was the gifs. And they may be NAI normally but the timing tells me something else.
What does the timing tell you? I've been using them since post one.
You have been using them since post one but they were sprinkled in. After the meta point it was a rush of gifs.
That is, as scum, Gamma tends to bus and distance his scumbuddies through underexplained "meta" discussions. 342 is the closest he gets to substance and even then he barely scratches the surface. This kinda gives me the sense that Gamma will, as scum, use meta arguments to give the impression that he is thinking about a player slot beyond the context of just this game, but since he already knows their alignment and actually reading those games would be pointless and boring, he can't really engage in a substantive discussion of the points involved or really explain his reasoning in detail.
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by Nako »

In post 1263, Gamma Emerald wrote:Argh this is a good point but I don’t want to let my gut go ignored
This feels like fake interaction.
Pedit: Yes DVa, Gamma used meta arguments for busses in that game and he did the same thing as well.
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Nako »

Gamma, can you show me the games where you used meta arguments as town?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay can we note how previously Nako was pretty much confbiasing towards DVa but is not confbiasing towards me? Also, in general Nako wanting to lynch one of us before FHerPOV confscum Penguin is sketchy. I had noticed that around the time I asked Nako who she wanted to lynch. I was hoping to get a response before dropping that but it seems it won’t happen for a long time.
UNVOTE:
I need to think here. It’d be really weird if DVa wasn’t scum, but I don’t recall Kokichi being very active today so it’s possible it’s Nako + Kokichi.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3112, Nako wrote:Gamma, can you show me the games where you used meta arguments as town?
I can probably find some. Any parameters?
<Embrace The Void>

Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Nako »

Recent would be great.
Also, yesterday I was active at the same time with Kokichi, why would I waste our time and not vote one of you?
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Nako »

I am not voting PP because that would create the same scenario but in F3.
Also I am preventing Kokichi from gamthrowing by picking between you.
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Nako »

Gamma is trying to make it look like he can be partners with DVa because he knows he is going to get lynched.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3068, Nako wrote:
I have decided to lynch Gamma if he does not convince me that he is town in 3 days.
In post 3064, Kokichi Oma wrote:Ok. If you don't vote in gamma and dva I'm voting you.
In post 3066, Kokichi Oma wrote:I'm giving you 4 days to do so
Maybe Nako is just responding to these and that’s why they’re focusing on me vs DVa. Still sketchy if so as it looks too concerned about that potential for Kokichi to go after her.
<Embrace The Void>

Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Nako »

If Kokichi is town then he votes me, it is GG for scum (Since PP is always mafia and there are 1 mafia between you and DVa)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If those are all true yes. If no one hammers however then it’s between you and Kokichi.
<Embrace The Void>

Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Nako »

Kokichi is the lockest town because of his meta (It was his town meta so much that Joey claimed masons with him and Joey told he can read Kokichi good)
Also Kokichi can't be scum with PP and if he was scum with another persob, he would want me to vote PP (since I was convinced to do that, he could win by saying nothing)

The fact that you unvoted DVa (conf scum to you) to put your vote on a WIFOM target confirmed you as scum and I will leave in few minutes.
I might vote you before leaving.
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Nako »

In post 3121, Nako wrote:Kokichi is the lockest town because of his meta (It was his town meta so much that Joey claimed masons with him and Joey told he can read Kokichi good)
Also Kokichi can't be scum with PP and if he was scum with another persob, he would want me to vote PP (since I was convinced to do that, he could win by saying nothing)

The fact that you unvoted DVa (conf scum to you) to put your vote on a WIFOM target confirmed you as scum and I will leave in few minutes.
I'm not even mentioning the possibility of scum doctor is very low because of balance of the game. Kokichi had a GS green.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I invited because I wanted to take a step back and evaluate.
Anyway, guess I’ll work on that towncase even if it’s not for you anymore
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3122, Nako wrote:
In post 3121, Nako wrote:Kokichi is the lockest town because of his meta (It was his town meta so much that Joey claimed masons with him and Joey told he can read Kokichi good)

I'm not even mentioning the possibility of scum doctor is very low because of balance of the game. Kokichi had a GS green.
Why is odds of scum doctor low? Vig and JK are powerful town roles, GS is well used in the hands of an experienced player, and Voyeur is honestly low power but has the ability to verify or deny night action claims.
So why do you think scum has no counter to all of that? If you think they do have a counter, what do you think it is?
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”