newbie 1905: pictures from my phone (GAME OGRE !!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

U2, can you expand on your townread of Jumble?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

From a meta standpoint, friendliness should be town read (def not scum read at least) if for no other reason than as a quality of life improvement. That's a convo for another time.

i was referring more to the confidence you were able to express in short order. Also, unless you're arguing that the scum team is precisely me and pin (who you think is town), what is my scum motivation for defending the top wagon upon entering? I think you've got yourself some evidence in search of a crime.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

since you want to lynch jumble, how about you tell me why that's our best lynch. I couldn't actually tell you why i sorted them. I don't think there was much to the read
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Cheeky
; I'd love if you'd point out exactly where I seemed "slimy" or "scummy after a re-read" in my posts.

Also, talking kind isn't a crime :twisted:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 624, CheekyTeeky wrote:I feel like the biggest mistake scum make when entering is townreading people too early.
Fair but also a hard thing to mistake in a more familiar player list (like players with good familiarity and meta on each other will call reads fast as hell sometimes)

But bad townreads are bad townreads, and are definitely a scumtell. not the presence of townreads categorically

good shout
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 626, u r a person 2 wrote:i was referring more to the confidence you were able to express in short order. Also, unless you're arguing that the scum team is precisely me and pin (who you think is town), what is my scum motivation for defending the top wagon upon entering?
Confidence? I did not announce to the thread that a certain player is town in anywhere near the same manner you did. Which leads me to your scum motivation - whiteknighting and pocketing pint which I've already stated as your reason for doing so as scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 626, u r a person 2 wrote:From a meta standpoint, friendliness should be town read (def not scum read at least) if for no other reason than as a quality of life improvement. That's a convo for another time.

i was referring more to the confidence you were able to express in short order. Also, unless you're arguing that the scum team is precisely me and pin (who you think is town), what is my scum motivation for defending the top wagon upon entering? I think you've got yourself some evidence in search of a crime.
I feel bad airing this without reading your entrance but I think the scumteam might be you/Jumble

ourlier of Jumble/Pin

so I would hugely appreciate the explanation

also totally agree wrt friendliness though pocketing/buddying in certain circumstances can be advantageous to scum in a way which isn't intuitive to more suspicious townies
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 629, the worst wrote:
In post 624, CheekyTeeky wrote:I feel like the biggest mistake scum make when entering is townreading people too early.
Fair but also a hard thing to mistake in a more familiar player list (like players with good familiarity and meta on each other will call reads fast as hell sometimes)

But bad townreads are bad townreads, and are definitely a scumtell. not the presence of townreads categorically

good shout
Good point.

However U2 isn't familiar with Pint at all.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by the worst »

Yeah I agree w you that doesn't sound towny. Just wanted to be more precise in an IC/general theory context.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 628, PvtUrist wrote:
Cheeky
; I'd love if you'd point out exactly where I seemed "slimy" or "scummy after a re-read" in my posts.

"Your entire iso" is what I think I said. Yes talking kind isn't a crime but it's more likely scum get lynched if they're abrasive right?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by the worst »

charisma is a knife
not illegal to own it but there's definitely naughty ways to use it

ok gonna try and read up while I'm bussing
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 634, CheekyTeeky wrote:
Cheeky
; I'd love if you'd
point out exactly where I seemed "slimy" or "scummy after a re-read" in my posts

"Your entire iso" is what I think I said. Yes talking kind isn't a crime but it's more likely scum get lynched if they're abrasive right?
Hence, my question. It'd be benefiticial to make sure that everyone here sees any potential foul plays I've been making, no?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 634, CheekyTeeky wrote:
Cheeky

I still think your entrance was towny which is why I initially had that read on you but the RQS looking stuff pinged me. It seemed like rather than taking stances on people you were doing busy work to look towny.

Ninja'd. Yes it is beneficial but you're not high priority right now in terms of scumminess.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Okay, yeah, I can see a scum Jumble. I don't know what I saw the first time around, but I didn't see it rereading just now. Early game can be very difficult for scum. Theirs was not a townie early game.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 467, Vorkuta wrote:Yyotta
@Vorkuta, I get what you're saying here and it's quite frustrating to play with sometimes. but the way she's playing the newbie card comes from an actual newbie imo, not someone who's trying to play it to skate by.

i recently se'd in a game where a newbie scum did this (sashadin). he prodged through the first couple of days with "hey I don't know how to read people, I'm too new!"

It makes people super difficult to sort and I've seen the way newbscum can abuse it but I still don't think Yyotta is doing that here. She's just being herself and isn't applying an ounce of charisma or trying to skate by. she's actually embracing the fact she's annoying people with it and doing nothing to avoid that. I don't really get why it would occur to scum!Yyotta to play this way as I don't think she correctly anticipates the more experienced players here reading her this way.

It's not 'too wolf to be a wolf', which is like level 0 scum play, imo - it's more like she actually just doesn't feel like a member of the mafia.

if you think she's scum have a think about what her scum motivation would be in acting this way, like does she think it's going to get town mislynched? does she think it's going to get her townread by default?

I understand your frustration for sure but I don't think you've found scum here
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

If this interaction between PvtUrist and I goes the way I think it will, it will be telling.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 635, the worst wrote:charisma is a knife
not illegal to own it but there's definitely naughty ways to use it
Can say the same for a lot of people around the place (both here and IRL). It's up to them to wield it with malicious intents, it's up to you to make sure you or anyone you care about does not get fucked up by it.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

TW you're a great IC btw <3.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

wait hold on are we saying that jumble got

> called scum
> claimed an omgus vote because they were frustrated their extra effort wasn't paying dividends
>completely avoids original reason they were being scumread to begin with

that's a smooth scum distraction and I would be jelly of such skills
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by the worst »

Urist you should talk with Cheeky in real-time if she's reading you wrong. I've gotta go sorry but I think she's town. The good vibe from nonny's posting is carrying through her early iso. I like her flitting with her vote and I think her razor sharp reactions to things / comfortability with her reads rn comes from town a lot more than scum. this shit's hard to fake. need more time for complete confidence since I know she's a very good player but just my first take. Bbl.

pedit:
CheekyTeeky wrote:TW you're a great IC btw <3.
thank you :oops: <3
pocketed irl rn
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 637, CheekyTeeky wrote:
I still think your entrance was towny which is why I initially had that read on you but the RQS looking stuff pinged me.
It seemed like rather than taking stances on people you were doing busy work to look towny
That would be
FC
's ISO you're reading there.

Give me a few actual examples of my posts that seems distorted or superficial to you.
CheekyTeeky wrote:TW you're a great IC btw <3.
Look who's trying to be charismatic now ;) (but I do agree)
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I won't hold it against you if you voted him U2 :P
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I actually think it would be tough to be so melodramatic as scum in that position. I'm leaning towards the entire interaction being genuine. I take it you disagree?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 17, PvtUrist wrote:Mr.Tinexkksi, do tell us what it feels like to be an enemy of the town?
In post 24, PvtUrist wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: YyottaCat

You're right. It ain't necessary :lol:
Towny.
In post 115, PvtUrist wrote:Likewise it's very much possible for me to be overreading into something, the line of thought was quite simple.

As town, how would this post benefit me? Along with it, what process/game am I playing into here? What am I currently afraid of?

and;

As scum, how would this post benefit me? Along with it, what process/game am I playing into here? What am I currently afraid of?

into;

Which allignment is seeming more likely/to be benefitted more, no matter through how much paranoia or subtlety?

Suppose it's just the first post that came to my attention somehow, with the susequent posts carrying along the same/similiar scent.
In post 153, PvtUrist wrote:I'm seeing that massive mistake I've made now. The initial response to Yyotta was bad, the follow up killed it. That playful response (x2) is about as close as how I'd personally act in real life, but I can definitely see how that comes across as suspicious.

I'd like to mention how subtly powerful that shiny namelist is. It makes alledged allignments very clear, while at the same time drawing minimal attention to the poster himself.

Hell, it's overwelming realising just how much there is to learn from the game. Starting to feel mentally drained by the sheer volume of things to be considered of.
Scummy.

Also I factored your SvS looking relationship with some else into it. I'm a little cheeky what can I say :shrug:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 647, u r a person 2 wrote:I actually think it would be tough to be so melodramatic as scum in that position. I'm leaning towards the entire interaction being genuine. I take it you disagree?
Possibly. I just want to see what happens when a real wagon forms there if that's his reaction to a single vote. Also he's largely disappeared. Some people need motivation to post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”