Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Xtoxm »

The guy with 1/5th my posts calling out my activity ahhaahahaaaaahhaaaahahaha. Ahem.

I had some choice words for you but 1661# isn't terrible so I'll keep them to myself.

This game isn't fun for me right now. I need to take a breather.

I'd like Varsoon and worst to know that I really really appreciate what you guys have done standing up for me. Worst, you seem like a chill dude, I'm glad I've met you here.

Side note - my phone also keeps trying to autocorrect Varsoon to bassoon. So if you'd like a pet name, I can stop fixing that. X.D
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll figure it out whatever I'm called.
Carson was the one that threw me for the biggest loop.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:39 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

I've decoded to stop tracking VCs for now. The way everybody keeps hopping on/off wagons makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to get anything fruitful without a flip.

I also have some ideas that I'm not sharing. I'll probably take these with me to the grave (still better than being wrong and giving scum something to fall back on when I'm gone)

~50 + 6 months + 2 days
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:39 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

* DECIDED, mot decoded

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:40 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

*NOT! :lol:

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1387, Mitillos wrote:I have a question for mewtaph: What do you think of your predecessors? Had you been playing as a different slot, how would you have read them?
Spoiler:
In post 177, teacher wrote:Ho Lee Crud, this is definitely going to be a mistake if we are on page 8 already. But its such a good list.

@Nauci, nice to see you again and welcome back from your trip. Just the last game Elephant was making a joke about how weird it was to be in a game without you screaming about how good he is as scum.

@TW, performer always feels wolfy to me too, but I did not get any real vibes from the entrance here.

VOTE: Shoshin
The first sentence suggests he's going to have a hard time keeping up with the game.
Seems like a natural entrance might ask the worst or Nauci for how natural it seems to them if I'm feeling desperate enough for prelim reads. Observation of Performer seems like a mildly town intent in this post.
Pops in after people are paying attention to Performer - imperfect timing in terms of being noticed, but I don't think they aren't playing to be invisible so checks out for now.
Given the opening comment, I would keep an eye on how their activity shapes out in their ISO, but otherwise, I'm not compelled to think about this post twice.
Closer (and biased) examination shows that enthusiasm conflicting with not being able to keep up is a pretty decent combination hard to maintain as scum. I would probably start by giving a slight town lean for this if I analysed this super deeply for some reason outside of this slot. There are some scummy points to it as well - main one is that Performer comment is kinda slowing the game down but not really, and also the timing of the post. I would look to seeing if it all checks out in the end.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Why the sudden perf wagon
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1681, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why the sudden perf wagon
Koki, your play is starting to get on my nerves for real. All you do is lurk out and then pop up to ask why the wagon on X, and that's not just in this game but a is becoming a feature of your play. Please play the game properly. Thank you.

~That ugly monkey

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Kokichi what have you read so far
Do you have any reads
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1665, Nauci wrote:I was giving performer a lot of room just because I completely do not understand his sense of logic and reason and assumed it'd bias me against him but even with that, I've seen Town performer play with far more will
This is basically where I’m at re:performer
Seems better than a Keyser lynch, & I’m not willing to fight to lynch xtoxm right now, so
VOTE: performer
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1682, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 1681, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why the sudden perf wagon
Koki, your play is starting to get on my nerves for real. All you do is lurk out and then pop up to ask why the wagon on X, and that's not just in this game but a is becoming a feature of your play. Please play the game properly. Thank you.

~That ugly monkey
No
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1683, Irrelephant11 wrote:Kokichi what have you read so far
Do you have any reads
No

I still haven't caught up. Busy
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Performer »

Weekend was busy, will be catching up later.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1684, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’m not willing to fight to lynch xtoxm right now
I feel like every time I scum read some posts, someone has prostrated themselves in front of that wagon, begging us to stop

So like

Where the hell is scum lol

Do I need to exhaustively go through my town reads or are we going to get somewhere day 1 and see what the flip brings us
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Nauci »

At some point I'm going to stop listening to my town reads' town reads
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Right
NM and xtoxm are still fine lunches tbh
As is mewtaph, kokichi
+ probably someone else I’ve forgotten
Obviously they each have some amount of town equity (none have scum claimed) but there’s a pretty high bar for towniness this game I feel - I don’t super understand defenses for any of these players beyond “I just really feel towniness from them, this meh play they’re doing is just what town!them would do here”

I’ve seen shoshin correctly read NM before and NM can be pretty good at tpr, so I guess I’m also willing to not lynch there?

But I think we push past the “please don’t lynch!!!”s on one of these players and just do it; soon, probably
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

As an aside if I’m bored enough later I’ll maybe try to make a chart of everyone we’ve collectively considered lynching and who defended each of them (whether subtly or loudly)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1691, Irrelephant11 wrote:As an aside if I’m bored enough later I’ll maybe try to make a chart of everyone we’ve collectively considered lynching and who defended each of them (whether subtly or loudly)
I like this; I was trying to mentally keep track but it was becoming a mess

Shoshin and tw don't want to lynch NM

Varsoon and tw doesn't want to lynch xtoxm

Shoshin townreads mew I think?

Lots of people don't want to lynch Keyser today, myself included

Kokichi was given tons of "just replaced in" room even with the impending deadline

I wish I were home right now to case people but I'm in for a 3 hour dentist session \o/

Irrelephant, what are your thoughts on Keyser focusing on us so much of day 1? It feels so weird to me but obviously I no longer have confidence in my Keyser reads
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Nauci »

Going through performer's ISO but soon the dental work begins
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1578, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, A50 hardtown reads you and after discussing it with him some more, I was able to see his point.
idk this feels kinda townie? i believe a50 should be townreading me here and the fact that they discussed it feels kinda +town?
idk i can see him faking it too tho

==
In post 1584, Nauci wrote:Yeah I silently die of awkwardness as scum and have to put in major hours to sound as nonchalant as I do as town. Rolling scum absolutely devastates my WIM and I literally cannot interact in real time like this
if this is true i majorly sympathize and i read your real-time interactions as +town tbh

==
In post 1596, Mewtaph wrote:I don't really get why you're making this more hectic than it needs to though? He's been posting elsewhere on site but has opted not to post here. Maybe this is the wrong way to "kick" him into doing something considering the tone of his slot, but he hasn't done enough for me not to put my vote there.
is this a pressure vote or a 'i'm scumreading him and want him lynched' vote?
like reading on it seems like it's more of a pressure vote but you haven't really engaged with him super much so i'm not really following why you're voting him *in particular*

also it's getting kinda close to deadline and idk pressure votes seem kinda counterproductive at this stage?

like i'm aware that you're a replacement and that you had to catch up on a lot but i guess for your first push of the game it's kinda ... underwhelming i guess?

==
In post 1604, AlmostNancy wrote:Did you forget where I mentioned that A50 did the exact same thing in CofH? You can object to his reasoning but I don’t see how it makes him scum here?
In post 1609, AlmostNancy wrote:Yes and you were wrong about A50, are you forgetting that part?
In post 1623, AlmostNancy wrote:Do you really think he’s a wolf because why? What about his reaction, seems “wolfy” to you? His most recent posts seem pretty genuine to me?

this feels partner-y with mewtaph

==
In post 1612, AlmostNancy wrote:Yeah, and that “re-evaluation” came right after he got called out on trying to shade her by lifting her quote from the signup thread and making it seem like it was taken from THIS game.
you realize that literally nobody else thinks he was trying to pass it off as if it came from this game, right? especially since i just clicked on the source post and it took me back to where he got it from

(ie if you're the only one that thinks this it's possible that you're misunderstanding what happened)

==
In post 1623, AlmostNancy wrote:Do you really think he’s a wolf because why? What about his reaction, seems “wolfy” to you? His most recent posts
seem pretty genuine to me?
ok, why?

==
In post 1638, the worst wrote:Like idfk he hasn't warlocked Nancy, she did it of her own volition but I'm fucking done if I'm being shaded for asking someone who's done sweet fuck all to back up a horseshit holistic meta tell with an actual scumcase on a slot I'm townreading
warlock?

==
In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:I've considered town signals, possible scum vibrations, possible town apathy, possible scum apathy, and I've arrived here.
i geuss what i'm having some trouble with is like ... up until this post, i haven't really seen you working through any of these things?
In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:Don't understand why skitter thinks that one particular point wrt you is a good way of seeing you as town,
because scum!her wants to get rid of town!irrel and if he's a pgo it's kinda hard to nk him so i would imagine she'd want to set him up for a lynch and that's not really happening
In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:other times I'm worried about skitter lazily sitting their vote on me,
you havne't given me much reason to take it off tbh

like i guess in this post you're talking about how you've thought long and hard about the gamestate and various slots but i'm not really seeing you talk about them to that level of depth in thread so it's hard for me to track most of your thought processes here, or why you settled on pushing xtoxm over like anyone else in your ???? pool
In post 1661, Mewtaph wrote:
Xtoxm apathy reading pretty towny

I see Xtoxm ignoring the game and I feel like I need to get him back in it somehow
this doesn't super track to me? like i guess voting someone you characterize as 'pretty townie' because they aren't here when there's other people that you feel worse about is just ?
In post 1661, Mewtaph wrote:From the start of the game, I've tried to reach a place where I'm not "scummy" because of a predecessor and with the early wagon I already know I'm not getting there - I try with larger games but when I personally start off on the wrong foot in a pretty large playerlist, I found it's just best to work with a ground work deficit, so I'm trying/tried to get my town reads to town read each other, but at the same time I feel like I haven't really accomplished this through specific interactions, because I myself am not completely a hundred percent on who I've called town. So next I'm trying to figure out who's scum, and I'm getting like almost nothing. And the best thing I came up with in terms of visible play comes out to people not doing much so far, so I associated that with Xtoxm when I really shouldn't have associated with him specifically. Hope that makes things clearer.
i guess this kinda makes sense but it doesn't really feel *townie* to me
idk how to explain why? like it feels like you don't really know how to approach the gamestate but like i can see that coming from both alignments repping in tbh?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77839
here's some new mewtaph town!meta

newbie game, he was se, died n1, so he didn't post *that* much before he died

like i guess what' i'm missing here from him is that his thought processes there just kinda made sense and i could track them and i could tell he was thinking about the game

like here he's more telling me that he's thinking about various things without really showing his work in thread, if that makes sense

like there was just more ... nuance there + he was willing to push his scumreads even if it wasn't a popular wagon
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Nauci »

I can't shake the discomfort of making it this far without having really town read skitter30 yet so I'll review that slot next

I read performer and xtoxm and realized that I misinterpreted a few things while interacting live; I'm not as totally lost about their trains of thought as I previously thought and will have to look at this game with really fresh eyes as I'm feeling a bit puzzled
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:35 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1692, Nauci wrote:
In post 1691, Irrelephant11 wrote:As an aside if I’m bored enough later I’ll maybe try to make a chart of everyone we’ve collectively considered lynching and who defended each of them (whether subtly or loudly)
I like this; I was trying to mentally keep track but it was becoming a mess

Shoshin and tw don't want to lynch NM

Varsoon and tw doesn't want to lynch xtoxm

Shoshin townreads mew I think?

Lots of people don't want to lynch Keyser today, myself included

Kokichi was given tons of "just replaced in" room even with the impending deadline

I wish I were home right now to case people but I'm in for a 3 hour dentist session \o/

Irrelephant, what are your thoughts on Keyser focusing on us so much of day 1? It feels so weird to me but obviously I no longer have confidence in my Keyser reads
I also don’t want to lynch NM. If we’re close to MLYO/LYLO, I’ll revisit.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:36 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

@skitter: Knock.It.Off. Nancy already unfolded my hand regarding my read on you (which you still think could be faked, but why the hell would I try to keep it under cover if my object was to pocket you??). As of now, I have no reason to hide anything (I was playing you and enjoying it, tbh. A bit mean, but entertaining to have you reeling and chasing your tail re my alignment. :lol: )

Anyway, it's Performer + Mewtaph + Koki for me. I have been trying to figure out of Mew's been avoiding me as a sign of acknowledgement he doesn't know how to read me or because he's scum and is trying avoid my wrath. That last unvote makes me think it's the second option.

Koki's blatant "I won't be playing properly" is rubbing me the wrong way and looks very much like scum coasting.

If you look at the current VC status (and check a couple of VCs back) you will see Performer's voting paterns have always been suspicious and opportunistic. Like in 1.10 he was voting Shoshin, and in 1.11 he put Xtoxm @L-1, which doesn't make sense as Shoshin (Performer's former target) was leading the charge on Xtoxm, at the time.

Finally (and I concede this might be the weakest link of my argument) check the replacements and activity. Two of the slots have been replaced, yet all 5 of them (replaced players included) didn't really do anything to advance the game or make proper pushes. They're afraid of making mistakes because the players list is too sharp to let go of a scum slip.

Ok, forget about this last point if you don't like it, but the fact is I've been silently keeping an eye on the game while pretending to be a spectator myself so as not to let my personal feelings interfere with my play. The slot has been mainly driven by Nancy so far (95% if the posts I made were non-game related).

So, let's lynch one of Performer (the closest to a lynch already) Mewtaph or Kokichi and get it over with. An investigative on either of the other two is very likely to give us a guilty, and we probably would win the game by the end of D3.

Spoiler: Read only if you are a Cop/Vig AND you trust me
If this setup has BOTH these roles, we can win on D2 if the Cop targets Mew and the Vig takes out Koki. I am only saying this so as not to have a potential Vig shooting the Cop's target.

IGNORE THIS is you don't trust my reads or are not TRing our slot already.

~A50 Strikes Again

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1694, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1578, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, A50 hardtown reads you and after discussing it with him some more, I was able to see his point.
idk this feels kinda townie? i believe a50 should be townreading me here and the fact that they discussed it feels kinda +town?
idk i can see him faking it too tho

==
In post 1584, Nauci wrote:Yeah I silently die of awkwardness as scum and have to put in major hours to sound as nonchalant as I do as town. Rolling scum absolutely devastates my WIM and I literally cannot interact in real time like this
if this is true i majorly sympathize and i read your real-time interactions as +town tbh

==
In post 1596, Mewtaph wrote:I don't really get why you're making this more hectic than it needs to though? He's been posting elsewhere on site but has opted not to post here. Maybe this is the wrong way to "kick" him into doing something considering the tone of his slot, but he hasn't done enough for me not to put my vote there.
is this a pressure vote or a 'i'm scumreading him and want him lynched' vote?
like reading on it seems like it's more of a pressure vote but you haven't really engaged with him super much so i'm not really following why you're voting him *in particular*

also it's getting kinda close to deadline and idk pressure votes seem kinda counterproductive at this stage?

like i'm aware that you're a replacement and that you had to catch up on a lot but i guess for your first push of the game it's kinda ... underwhelming i guess?

==
In post 1604, AlmostNancy wrote:Did you forget where I mentioned that A50 did the exact same thing in CofH? You can object to his reasoning but I don’t see how it makes him scum here?
In post 1609, AlmostNancy wrote:Yes and you were wrong about A50, are you forgetting that part?
In post 1623, AlmostNancy wrote:Do you really think he’s a wolf because why? What about his reaction, seems “wolfy” to you? His most recent posts seem pretty genuine to me?

this feels partner-y with mewtaph

==
In post 1612, AlmostNancy wrote:Yeah, and that “re-evaluation” came right after he got called out on trying to shade her by lifting her quote from the signup thread and making it seem like it was taken from THIS game.
you realize that literally nobody else thinks he was trying to pass it off as if it came from this game, right? especially since i just clicked on the source post and it took me back to where he got it from

(ie if you're the only one that thinks this it's possible that you're misunderstanding what happened)

==
In post 1623, AlmostNancy wrote:Do you really think he’s a wolf because why? What about his reaction, seems “wolfy” to you? His most recent posts
seem pretty genuine to me?
ok, why?

==
In post 1638, the worst wrote:Like idfk he hasn't warlocked Nancy, she did it of her own volition but I'm fucking done if I'm being shaded for asking someone who's done sweet fuck all to back up a horseshit holistic meta tell with an actual scumcase on a slot I'm townreading
warlock?

==
In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:I've considered town signals, possible scum vibrations, possible town apathy, possible scum apathy, and I've arrived here.
i geuss what i'm having some trouble with is like ... up until this post, i haven't really seen you working through any of these things?
In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:Don't understand why skitter thinks that one particular point wrt you is a good way of seeing you as town,
because scum!her wants to get rid of town!irrel and if he's a pgo it's kinda hard to nk him so i would imagine she'd want to set him up for a lynch and that's not really happening
In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:other times I'm worried about skitter lazily sitting their vote on me,
you havne't given me much reason to take it off tbh

like i guess in this post you're talking about how you've thought long and hard about the gamestate and various slots but i'm not really seeing you talk about them to that level of depth in thread so it's hard for me to track most of your thought processes here, or why you settled on pushing xtoxm over like anyone else in your ???? pool
In post 1661, Mewtaph wrote:
Xtoxm apathy reading pretty towny

I see Xtoxm ignoring the game and I feel like I need to get him back in it somehow
this doesn't super track to me? like i guess voting someone you characterize as 'pretty townie' because they aren't here when there's other people that you feel worse about is just ?
In post 1661, Mewtaph wrote:From the start of the game, I've tried to reach a place where I'm not "scummy" because of a predecessor and with the early wagon I already know I'm not getting there - I try with larger games but when I personally start off on the wrong foot in a pretty large playerlist, I found it's just best to work with a ground work deficit, so I'm trying/tried to get my town reads to town read each other, but at the same time I feel like I haven't really accomplished this through specific interactions, because I myself am not completely a hundred percent on who I've called town. So next I'm trying to figure out who's scum, and I'm getting like almost nothing. And the best thing I came up with in terms of visible play comes out to people not doing much so far, so I associated that with Xtoxm when I really shouldn't have associated with him specifically. Hope that makes things clearer.
i guess this kinda makes sense but it doesn't really feel *townie* to me
idk how to explain why? like it feels like you don't really know how to approach the gamestate but like i can see that coming from both alignments repping in tbh?
I feel Mewtaph’s responses to tw, are the towniest posts he has made on here and under pressure is a really good way to ascertain someone’s alignment and his reaction seemed more likely to come from town than scum. I think me and Shoshin are mindmelding once again here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”