Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 592, Flicker wrote:Just reread the thread, and my inclination is to jail either 2nd or Alonzo - 2nd b/c he seems like the most likely scum (weird inconsistencies, some odd behavior re: Trekkie's slot, setup spec that seemed designed to get me to trust the doctor claim, aggro in a way I've seen scum be before) or Alonzo as middle-of-the-road and a better strategic town clear ("sort by post count" scum, if I'm wrong he has more material to work off to sort between the other of you two and I trust him more to win the game (sorry, 2nd)).

@Flavor
: What do you think? Which one would you jail, in my shoes?
If I changed my mind and linked some of my previous games where I was just as aggro as town, would you reconsider your read on me?

My wacky play is less uncommon from me than you might think.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 592, Flicker wrote:Just reread the thread, and my inclination is to jail either 2nd or Alonzo - 2nd b/c he seems like the most likely scum (weird inconsistencies, some odd behavior re: Trekkie's slot, setup spec that seemed designed to get me to trust the doctor claim, aggro in a way I've seen scum be before) or Alonzo as middle-of-the-road and a better strategic town clear ("sort by post count" scum, if I'm wrong he has more material to work off to sort between the other of you two and I trust him more to win the game (sorry, 2nd)).

@Flavor
Also, I know Flavor’s the IC, but you have him have had some weird moments today. Certainly there have been times where you seem to buddy up, and this post is one of those times.

I just said Flavor/Flicker doesn’t make sense, but this is just something I have to point out. Anyone else get the same vibe?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

*You and him
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 521, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 517, Flavor Leaf wrote:Trekkie/2nd - based on the hasty way 2nd voted, and Flicker’s comments happening after the tracker flip, makes me think 2nd was trying to bail out Trekkie, but didn’t understand we have to go within the two claims. This is the most likely scum pairing where I’m standing right now. If 2nd is town, then that’s a game throwing vote. I actually believe that the “we arent turbo lynching” comment followed by the vote is a scum slip. In their mind, it won’t be a turbo lynch because it can’t be because 2nd would be scum meaning 2nd knows scum can’t end it.

Trekkie/Alonzo - If 2nd is town, then this is the scum team 90% of the time. They’ll likely end whenever Trekkie comes back.

Flicker/2nd - If Trekkie is town, then this is 100% the scum team. 2nd made a hasty vote and it took focus off of Flicker/Trekkie. Flicker could be coaching 2nd in the thread about why 2nd shouldn’t vote, however, Flicker probably would be saying stuff in Mafia thread rather than in game thread. However, I repeat, if Trekkie is town, this is 100% the scum team.

Flicker/Alonzo - If this is the scum team, they could have won by now. This pairing is effectively cleared.

Trekkie/Flicker - remember when is said the 90% chance of Trekkie/Alonzo if 2nd is scum? This is the other 10% chance. If we’re in Column C, then they both could have fake claimed, and this should be given some consideration. If this is the scum team, however, game will end whenever Trekkie comes back.

With this being said, Alonzo putting focus back onto the claims is townie, which is why i don’t necessarily think alonzo is part of the scum team. If he is, well, game’s done because we’d have to lynch his partner correctly today, Trekkie can just end the game as his partner.

I do feel the “we’re not turbo lynching today” is a strong reasoning for why trekkie/2nd is scum.
There’s a reason I’m not voting Trekkie.

First and foremost, I want you gone. (Not personally, you’re a great guy, but as a player.) I have since Day 1 and that has persisted throughout the game.

Second and more logically, Alonzo is my best townread. I realize I could be wrong, but I’ve left him out because I’m trusting my read. That leaves Flicker, Trekkie, and you to pick out 2 scum from. I highly doubt both Trekkie and Flicker are scum together, and you’re the one who could be scum no matter which of the other two is.
In post 599, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 589, Alonzo wrote:I'm favouring a Trekkie lynch today.

I'm more Inclined to believe 2sw would be trekkies partner based on their play end of yesterday and start of today, However I'm aware the team of Flavour/Flicker only needs us to Lynch Trekkie today FTW, which they can take all week to do it, they don't need to rush out and vote, which is what I feel like town!Flicker should have done after the flip at daystart. Perhaps the plan is to slowroll a Trekkie lynch.

Paranoid me thinks Flavours sudden bursts of Input(essentially pushing and 180ing) could be him overseeing a Counterclaim and pushing it through with Flicker, against the much less experienced TPR and that 2sw may have been right to push Flicker yesterday. I didn't trust Flavour enough yesterday to follow on Flicker TBH.

So yeah.. I'l vote Trekkie, and If that isn't Endgame then JK me up and we will take another day.
Your logic here is all kinds of tangled.

First, you say that a Town Flicker would have just hopped right on the Trekkie bandwagon. I somewhat agree actually, although her and I had that whole spat about not turboing so that doesn’t make sense.

You mention a possible Flicker/Flavor scumteam but then just somehow agree to vote Trekkie... ???

I don’t really see how Flavor/Flicker could be a thing. Why would Flavor have pushed Flicker yesterday when he didn’t really have to?
In post 601, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:

@Flavor
Also, I know Flavor’s the IC, but you have him have had some weird moments today. Certainly there have been times where you seem to buddy up, and this post is one of those times.

I just said Flavor/Flicker doesn’t make sense, but this is just something I have to point out. Anyone else get the same vibe?
Also, I gotta call myself out. These three posts contradict each other. I'm gonna go back and read Flavor's posts from yesterday to help solidify my thoughts.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Flicker is only voting one person today,

I'm pretty powerless at this point, I cant Ignore Trekkies naked hammer yesterday, on top of a very sketchy input from that slot throughout the game.
I balance that against Flickers play and my read on that slot through this one and on balance would vote Trekkie .*
If Flicker is part of the scum they have played a winning hand so to speak, isolating the Doc to a 1 vs 1. Who their partner is would be irrelevant out of you and Flavour, but it would be more likely flavour FMPOV due to his progression across the game as a whole.

Whilst either you or flavour could be trekkies partner, I'd lean you because of how you came out hard after flavour at the start of today.

@2sw
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 594, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:I’m declaring
V/LA until this Friday
, because this is exam week in uni. I’ll still be able to post, but I don’t want to be prodded if I go absent for 2 days.
I'm in the same boat until Thursday. I should be able to post once a day, so I'm not gonna go V/LA, but just in case anyone's wondering why I've gone quieter.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m going to be away for most of tomorrow.

I’m probably not voting anyone but Trekkie today.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 597, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:“It’s ok to give up now,” idk man, I know what you’re trying to say but that’s against his wincon no matter what faction he’s aligned with. Why should he give up?
Caught scum give up constantly on MS from what I've seen. I'm not gonna spell out why, because I'm not gonna give advice to scum during a game, but I don't think its anti-wincon to accept that you got caught out in a fakeclaim and you're gonna be the day's lynch.
In post 600, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:If I changed my mind and linked some of my previous games where I was just as aggro as town, would you reconsider your read on me?

From someone who said "It's just a game. I've gotten far too involved in the past (in a highly negative way, such as flaming) to over-worry about it," this offer (which I'm assuming is hypothetical, but still) seems strange to me. And I don't know if it would change my mind, especially given the time gap.
In post 603, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Also, I gotta call myself out. These three posts contradict each other. I'm gonna go back and read Flavor's posts from yesterday to help solidify my thoughts.
I don't know if this is end of semester brain melting or LYLO induced confusion, but either way you have my sympathies. This also leans me away from jailing you more now.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Does a no-lynch end the game?

It's extremely risky, but I don't actually think we're in LYLO.

If we no-lynch, we enter the night with 3 town and 2 scum. There's a 1/4 chance Flicker targets the correct mafia member and prevents the kill, which would still leave us in a 3:2 T:S ratio.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Alonzo »

vote trekkie
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 607, Flicker wrote:
In post 597, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:“It’s ok to give up now,” idk man, I know what you’re trying to say but that’s against his wincon no matter what faction he’s aligned with. Why should he give up?
Caught scum give up constantly on MS from what I've seen. I'm not gonna spell out why, because I'm not gonna give advice to scum during a game, but I don't think its anti-wincon to accept that you got caught out in a fakeclaim and you're gonna be the day's lynch.
In post 600, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:If I changed my mind and linked some of my previous games where I was just as aggro as town, would you reconsider your read on me?

From someone who said "It's just a game. I've gotten far too involved in the past (in a highly negative way, such as flaming) to over-worry about it," this offer (which I'm assuming is hypothetical, but still) seems strange to me. And I don't know if it would change my mind, especially given the time gap.
In post 603, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Also, I gotta call myself out. These three posts contradict each other. I'm gonna go back and read Flavor's posts from yesterday to help solidify my thoughts.
I don't know if this is end of semester brain melting or LYLO induced confusion, but either way you have my sympathies. This also leans me away from jailing you more now.
I see why my proposal seems strange, but granted I'm still trying to win here. I've played decently (for me), except the hammer D1, until the beginning of today when I messed up. I used to worry about my mistakes and flame people until I did get lynched for it. That's not what I'm doing here.

I'm trying to make a point that my inconsistencies are a result of my personality and playstyle rather than indicative of me being scum. IIRC, I play(ed) much less aggro as scum.

I'm not scum and I don't want you to waste a jail on me. Asking not to be jailed can be seen as scummy, but at the same time realize where I
could
be coming from as town. I'd much rather you jail whoever you think scum is than jail me. And, although you've just said you're leaning awhile from jailing me at this point, I'm attempting to save my own butt from getting lynched tomorrow as town, and prove to you now of my towniness so you won't question it tonight when making the final decision.

Why? The first person Flavor is coming after tomorrow (if there is one) is me. I directed it at you because you're the jailer and ultimately your thoughts matter
now
, while his matter
tomorrow
. He can still read whatever I link and come to his own conclusion.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 608, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Does a no-lynch end the game?

If we no-lynch, we enter the night with 3 town and 2 scum. There's a 1/4 chance Flicker targets the correct mafia member and prevents the kill, which would still leave us in a 3:2 T:S ratio.
:shifty:

Yeah, no, we're not doing this. I can't tell if this is town ridiculousness or a scum gambit, but I highly doubt you could get any two other people on MS to bite on this plan, much less two other people in this game.

1) Not lynching scum when you have the chance is extremely ridiculous.
2) Risky is an understatement. I'm not confident I'd win that game of WIFOM, having modded a game where the PR had one chance to get things right a night and batted nothing (no shade to Nauci if she's reading this, I doubt most of us would have done better). Even if I knew with confidence who Trekkie's partner was, that's still a 50/50 chance, plus if scum wins the guessing game ("who would Flicker target?" vs "who would they think I wouldn't target?") then it
is
LYLO after all.
In post 610, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Why? The first person Flavor is coming after tomorrow (if there is one) is me. I directed it at you because you're the jailer and ultimately your thoughts matter
now
, while his matter
tomorrow
I mean, if you want to link it for Flavor's sake, go ahead, but don't do it on my account. It just seemed to contradict your "I'm not worrying about this game too much" stance.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:02 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In fact, here it is. I was a townie with an annoying little girl 'condition,' which essentially means I had to post in this annoying text. Other than that, I had no special powers. IIRC, I fakeclaimed 1-shot vig and eventually got lynched Day 7. We ultimately lost in an endgame scenario.

I know there was a game where I was scum and I got killed by Day 2, but I can't find it.

If you wish, just go to my old profile and click "view user's topics." Use that to browse through my completed games. Be warned, it and my posts are a mess.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:06 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 611, Flicker wrote:
In post 608, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Does a no-lynch end the game?

:shifty:

Yeah, no, we're not doing this. I can't tell if this is town ridiculousness or a scum gambit, but I highly doubt you could get any two other people on MS to bite on this plan, much less two other people in this game.

1) Not lynching scum when you have the chance is extremely ridiculous.
2) Risky is an understatement. I'm not confident I'd win that game of WIFOM, having modded a game where the PR had one chance to get things right a night and batted nothing (no shade to Nauci if she's reading this, I doubt most of us would have done better). Even if I knew with confidence who Trekkie's partner was, that's still a 50/50 chance, plus if scum wins the guessing game ("who would Flicker target?" vs "who would they think I wouldn't target?") then it
is
LYLO after all.
In post 610, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Why? The first person Flavor is coming after tomorrow (if there is one) is me. I directed it at you because you're the jailer and ultimately your thoughts matter
now
, while his matter
tomorrow
I mean, if you want to link it for Flavor's sake, go ahead, but don't do it on my account. It just seemed to contradict your "I'm not worrying about this game too much" stance.
The reason I brought up the no-lynch scenario was not me advocating for a no-lynch. I was thinking whether scum have any incentive to vote, seeing as they could just wait out the day and win (primarily because of all the inactivity). However, this isn't true, so if they want to win today, they'd have to force a mislynch. We're in a weird MYLO.

I'd also prefer if you read it, too. I want you to jail Flavor tonight.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:25 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Also, if either of you are interested in going theough my history, look at my other town games. More often than not I was left alive late until i got lynched for acting stupid/scummy.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Sooner this game Ends the sooner I can join some new games.

Just vote already people.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 615, Alonzo wrote:Sooner this game Ends the sooner I can join some new games.

No that’s a terrible reason
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Maybe, but I'v seen enough.

You post like you know there's no way Trekkie is Town here, and you constant refusal to vote and suggest everything but tells me its game over.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Trekkie99 has been prodded.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 617, Alonzo wrote:Maybe, but I'v seen enough.

You post like you know there's no way Trekkie is Town here, and you constant refusal to vote and suggest everything but tells me its game over.
There's still over half the day left (4 real life days) and I was recently asked to unvote. Why would I vote Trekkie at this very moment?

Yes, he's probably gonna be who everyone votes, including me, but chill out
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 616, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 615, Alonzo wrote:Sooner this game Ends the sooner I can join some new games.

You all don't believe that I'm the doc, and you've all pretty much agreed on me as today's lynch. Can we get it over with please?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 620, Trekkie99 wrote:

You all don't believe that I'm the doc, and you've all pretty much agreed on me as today's lynch. Can we get it over with please?
As town, this would lose the game, you realize this, right? As town, there’s no reason to not try to push who you think is scum. If scum, you could be pushing a defeated position to not give away who your partner is.
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:42 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 621, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 620, Trekkie99 wrote:

As town, this would lose the game, you realize this, right? As town, there’s no reason to not try to push who you think is scum. If scum, you could be pushing a defeated position to not give away who your partner is.
I know that if I'm lynched town losses, but obviously everyone else here doesn't view it that way.

Vote: Flicker
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Flicker »

VOTE: Trekkie99

I'm jailing Alonzo. If I'm wrong, good luck tomorrow.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Alonzo »

Scum are never killing tonight anyway so you won't learn much

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”