Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1815, Kokichi Oma wrote:Top 3.
To answer this request though

You're my top scum read and the rest is a pool of people from Poe + reads that haven't eliminated themselves from being scum read but require further analysis of associations to determine which would be scum together, within

Performer
Xtoxm
Keyser
NM
Creature

AN, skitter30, and maybe others are not in my never-scum pile
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Krazy »

Votecount 1.22

Kokichi Oma(4)
~ (157), (128), (162), (124)

Performer(3)
~ (42), (271), (18)
Xtoxm(2)
~ (68), (358)
Mitillos(1)
~ (57)
Mewtaph(1)
~ (132)
Irrelephant11(1)
~ (14)
Creature(1)
~ (114)

Not Voting (2): (85), (60)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:15:43)

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Last edited by Krazy on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm town
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1825, Nauci wrote:
In post 1815, Kokichi Oma wrote:Top 3.
To answer this request though

You're my top scum read and the rest is a pool of people from Poe + reads that haven't eliminated themselves from being scum read but require further analysis of associations to determine which would be scum together, within

Performer
Xtoxm
Keyser
NM
Creature

AN, skitter30, and maybe others are not in my never-scum pile
I believe that
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1827, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm town
I also believe this
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeah he should probably just be back at null tbh.

Mit - I didn't like his 2 recent posts, it felt like he was compiling a cases based on a collection of things that town can easily do. His text on performer pinged me in particular.

Shos - i have not at any point this game felt like shos has approached me with a town mindset. I am accepting others with more experience of her saying town, but my own read on that slot is a scum read.

Irre - he is here primarily for the claim. I am someone who tends to value info over interaction. And this is the only info we have d1. If I would find his posting very townie I can move him up but I don't.

An - in addition to earlier read, I have a hard time believing this slot really thinks I was trying to hide that a quote was from elsewhere, so I find that suspect to push a case on me for that.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1756, Mitillos wrote:As for your thing about AlNan, it's not enough to change my read on its own. Keep up the scumhunting, though, and I'll change my mind.
Ah ok. I assumed this post was referencing AlNan, but was referencing your read on me. My mistake. Its worded weirdly. So I assumed you wanted me to keep scumhunting to change your mind on AlNan

UNVOTE:
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1821, Xtoxm wrote:Creature, bassoon
Tw
Mewtaph
Nauci, skittles, NM, Keyser, Kokicki
Performer - null line
Mitilos, shos, irre, an

I thought that NM votes were on sensible wagons for pressure at the time so I upgraded him, I may be over thinking that one

See, this is one of the reasons I’m not town reading you. You’re readslist is totally self-centric. Have you ISO’d any of Shoshin’s posts, not referencing you? Because if you had, you would see that Shoshin is the most obvious townie in this entire game and is never scum here.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I get brownie points in the dead thread if she is tho

Its entirely possible my reads are a crock of shit this game but this is how I see it
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1778, Irrelephant11 wrote:@Almost - he shared an unpopular read on you & I’m interested to see it develop, given it seems you two have history
I expect him to share reads on all slots eventually, obviously
What’s the point of this line of questioning?

@Keyser - I got vague town feels from Performer’s recent posts, which is part of why I moved my vote. I think your reasons to townread him are fine. I’ve seen you defend both town and scum with that “TWTBAW” reasoning, so I’m unsure how much to townread Performer from it. His disagreeing with your meta defense of him was probably the most town-indicative in the wifom-y way
Yes I will hold my hands up and admit that I am still a prescriber to WIFOM fueled reads. It’s served me well though.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1833, Xtoxm wrote:I get brownie points in the dead thread if she is tho

Its entirely possible my reads are a crock of shit this game but this is how I see it
UNVOTE:

I think you actually believe this - wrt Shoshin.

Fwiw, I have a very weak townlean on Kokichi. When he was at risk of being wagoned in YGM, I tried to get him to do anything that resembled scumhunting or making reads and he wasn’t trying in the slightest. He could still possibly be scum here but he is putting in more effort and reads here, than he did in that game. \_0_/
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1786, Performer wrote:
In post 1743, Keyser Söze wrote:Openly happy to OMGUS
Ok I think the plentiful OMGUS accusations , I think I need to clear the air on that since I do not do OMGUS ... but people keep saying I OMGUS.

anyone who votes me and find it fishy, I point it out with analysis. So , interestingly, people are saying it's OMGUS in this game , which is really, really bizarre ...
Mitil voted me for instance , and provided a case - I still townread him . I don't have enough tr in the list of 14 players, but it's not because I'm OMGUSing....OMGUS as in "oh they suspect me so I find them scummy no matter what and that's it" - it's really not that , that I am doing....

Sometimes it's someone's tone, sometime's it's a misrep, sometimes naked vote. If it's scummy I point it out, that's all there is to it. If it's townie, well, I might just move on or I might point it out. But whenever someone is posted about, I think they should point out that it's scummy if they think or feel that it's scummy. I mean, it's part of the game, and that's one of the ways I scumhunt :neutral:

Hope this helps.
Ok, I stand corrected, perhaps I was miss-using the ‘OMGUS’ label.

I will concede that the ‘pattern’ of you voting the people voting you could be based on not understanding their tone/reason for voting.

At first I thought if it was a defensive mechanism - but it actually could be your way to sort/confront (?)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

It felt like he had the same instinctual reaction to me on MIT with his vote, so I gave him some minor town pts.

I'm aware that almost all of my reads are based around how people have acted with me. I've been pressured/tunneled so hard I'm not sure how to avoid it. I do need to stop townreading ppeople just because they call me possibly town. When creature did it first it meant something but probably not by the 3rd and 4th.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1793, Mitillos wrote:@Irrel: I know you rescinded it, but I'll still answer it: Because Performer is scummier to me. Also because Kokichi is getting on my nerves, whereas Performer is not. This means I can be unbiased about Performer, and just look at whether I think he is scum or town. I need to wait for more posts from Kokichi to determine if I'm just reacting to his posting style, because if so I need to reevaluate my read on him. As for Keyser's towncase of Performer, what is there to say? He identified some unusual aspects of Performer's posts and is considering them townie as opposed to scummy. I don't. If pressed, I'd say that Keyser didn't like that too many people were townreading each other early on, he saw them jump on the first Performer wagon and thought it suspicious, thus making Performer town in his eyes. This is all perfectly normal stuff, especially since Keyser is now looking back at Performer with fresh eyes.

@Skitter: Please provide the posts that townpinged you from Performer. If he is a mislynch, we need to know sooner rather than later.
This is a pretty good observational study of my progression on Performer (however, my town lean on Performer isn’t only limited to the nature of his quick/popular wagon).

Mitillos not scum reading/suspecting me for town-reading/opposing the wagon of his strongest scum read is interesting too: I think it is a good look for Mit (he is looking from MY perspective, through my eyes).

I didn’t understand the love for Mit (his informed ninja contribution is NAI for me), but his posts this past page put him above null for me now.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1830, Xtoxm wrote:Mit - I didn't like his 2 recent posts, it felt like he was compiling a cases based on a collection of things that town can easily do. His text on performer pinged me in particular.
Interesting - which parts pinged you?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1803, Nauci wrote:
In post 1743, Keyser Söze wrote:OMGUS again, this time on Relly.
Calling this one a misrep because he specifically said it was for naked voting, where the behavior is more important than the target

Not necessarily a malicious one though
Yup, I’ve clarified my miss-use of the term OMGUS.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:36 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

(I don’t see scum-Soshin but I am secretly happy about your paranoia on Relly).
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1711, Mitillos wrote:
Performer
: His entrance wasn't great to a bunch of people, but I saw nothing particularly wrong with it. The defense of Varsoon was a bit weird since one would expect "policy lynches are wrong" instead (especially given the later posts 264 and 962). I already talked about the problem with 277, where it looks like it's just an exercise in looking for an excuse to vote Shoshin more than anything else. Then he fluffed a bit and FoS'd everyone who voted him except me (Shoshin, worst, Nauci, irrel, and eventually Creature), which is kinda meh in itself, even if he said it wasn't OMGUS. In 715 he starts throwing suspicion at Vars linked to Shoshin, but at least that one I can understand if one doesn't read Vars' posts as being sarcastic.
In the same post he says he has to reread Xtoxm, then when Shoshin makes a vague minor threat, he instantly switches his vote from Shoshin to Xtoxm, joining Shoshin, worst, Vars, and irrel (all four being players he has claimed suspicions on), and putting Xtoxm at L-1 without even mentioning this to be the case. Note that he definitely knew that the wagon was large and getting traction, given that he explicitly said in 715 that he needed to reread Xtoxm to see why he was being voted.
The "Rory Swann is an engineer" thing could easily have come from a scumchat as others have mentioned. Bit tinfoily, sure, but still possible.

Read: Scum. Join this wagon, and bring rope.
Fos everyone on his wagon - not scrummy imo
L-1 without mentioning - why is this scrummy? It's not
Joining wagon with scum reads - clumsy, but is it scrummy? I'm not sure it is. I'm more careful to avoid clumsy votes as scum than town, and it was really early so reads won't have been strong.
Scumchat thing - doubtful

The whole thing just kinda reminds me of when I'm scum and I'm trying to justify a vote/scumread
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

The ninja thing also does nothing for me. Scum trivially are also informed of this. I don't know why so many people reference that as a town point.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 am

Post by Creature »

Happy birthday for me
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 am

Post by Creature »

Did someone claim?
Sigh
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:19 am

Post by Mitillos »

At this point, I will also be happy with an N_M lynch, just to get rid of the contentless lurker with the three unexplained votes and no reads (as he is a wildcard by definition).

@Creature: Many happy returns. Stop voting yourself.

@Kokichi: I was responding to you; you explicitly asked me if the AlNan thing changed my read of you. I can't decide if you're extremely busy (NAI), or just not giving a shit about this game (technically NAI, but it makes things difficult for the rest of us), or if you were just looking for any excuse to scumread me (kinda scummy this one) and moved away from that the moment it wouldn't pan out. Also I've always been rather lazy with respect to quoting, so that's somewhat on me, too, I suppose. I will take back the misrepresentation accusation, and call the whole thing a misunderstanding, instead. I will note that if you do happen to keep scumhunting and find something that I miss and then make a clear case that I can understand and agree with on someone, it is possible that I will also change my mind about them.

@Performer: The thing about OMGUS and analysis is that they are not mutually exclusive. You had already claimed a townread on me a few times when I voted you, which would make it awkward for you to suddenly change your mind just because I voted you. Your only cases are on Shoshin (I already explained the problem with your take there) and irrel (and I will admit that this analysis was perfectly fine on your part). Personally I can't discern where you got the rest of your reads, because you don't seem to be explaining them at all. You say that your reactions to those voting/suspecting you were not OMGUS. Here's the problem: once is happenstance; twice is a coincidence; three times is a pattern. You even removed your scumread from Shoshin and said that it was basically because she shifted her attention to Xtoxm instead of you.

@Xtoxm: Not calling L-1 is at the very least anti-town. Scum can walk in go "I'm sheeping such-and-such, oh that was a hammer, oops didn't realise, g'night everybody". Town misses the opportunity to pressure a scum-read player for a claim, and get a better handle on them, possibly deciding to unvote too. Joining the wagon on you in itself was not scummy. The problem was that Performer had made a number of claims of scumreads or suspicions, but did not even try to get a wagon started on any of them. If you read what I said carefully, there is more information packed in there. Look at Performer's and Shoshin's conversation around the time of his vote on you. I won't insist on the scumchat thing, since it's a bit convoluted and not exactly required for the case.

@Keyser: See, the love mostly came from the ladies at first, so it's alright if you didn't understand it. Also, it's very cluttered behind your eyes, so I won't be going there again. OK, I'll stop trying to be a comedian now. And yeah, I understand that your Performer read was also based on e.g. meta, but 1) I was just summarising to answer Irrel's question, 2) I considered your description of Performer's meta weird, given that it was mostly scummy behaviour, and 3) even Performer disagrees with your description of his town meta (I suspect he might have found parts of it a bit insulting, to be honest).

Speaking of finding things a bit insulting, @Nauci: Are you implying that you were expecting me to say something dumb in my wall? Also, it's a pretty short wall. You should read it.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:21 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1846, Mitillos wrote:@Creature: Many happy returns. Stop voting yourself.
Sigh
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Happy birthday dude
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1846, Mitillos wrote:At this point, I will also be happy with an N_M lynch, just to get rid of the contentless lurker with the three unexplained votes and no reads (as he is a wildcard by definition).
Bad D1 lynch though
Sigh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”