Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:27 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You don't talk to me like you talk to your top scumread though. People don't convince their top scumread that they're town and tell them to look at X different section of the game though. So again, nah.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 am

Every single time you get salty about some sort of caught for the wrong reason thing I'm doing to you you spew knowledge that I'm town by trying to convince me to see things otherwise.
People don't tell their 'top scumread', when they've been crossvoting each other for days, to read other sections of the game or what not.

So again. Actions don't align with your claimed points of view. Actions don't align with your claimed role. Difficulty getting momentum against you doesn't mesh with you being town.

All you have is AtE based on emotions I'm not even sure you'd be feeling as town right now
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 am

Why would this even bother you as town? The best scum player on the site has totally fucked their slot over to bring you down. They are gonna get lynched the next day. Congratulations!
Unless you think you are a literal god of townplay there is nothing you can do to up towns of winning more than trading 1 for 1 with me. You should be goddamn rejoicing based on your claimed POV.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:33 am

So yes. I think that you are scum. I think that you are getting so pissed off by me insulting your scum play because you're scum because I don't think it would bother you if you were town.
I think you feel helpless, I think that you feel like I'm policy voting you when I'm not, I think that you're telling yourself that I would do this regardless of your alignment because I'm a gigantic asshole who hates you
And I think that riles you up, I think that gets you to the point you're randomly calling me a shitty excuse for a human being. I don't see this level of frustration coming from town you.

Your problem is that you don't respect my play enough to think that I legitimately caught you for legitimate reasons.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

What informs the logic that I don't talk to you like a top scumread?
What's your proof for how I talk to my top scumreads?
In the Newbie game, Zooborns, while incorrect, I held a D1 scumread on Doughboy. Our back and forth got very heated, and I believe that you'll find a lot of the rhetoric I use there is similar, if not identical, to the rhetoric I have put forth here.

I did not get Doughboy lynched, and I am glad for that, as he turned out to be town and I realized that after my own re-evaluation.

I have been taking time to think about how you would play this as both town and scum, and I feel as though your play here is far more likely to come from scum than town.

As for 'people dont convince their top scumread that they are town and tell them to look at a different section of the game', people aren't me, and my rationale for doing so is twofold:
1. It would provide a moment where we wouldn't be 1v1ing in a way that has clearly been a detriment to town's capability to keep up with and engage in the game
2. It would provide associative information that will be useful for when you flip scum.

In the case that you ACTUALLY did flip town (which is still a possibility that I do consider because, unlike you, I don't have 100% reads confidence), that extra effort to sort out the game otherwise would be appreciated.

I assure you that I have been very frustrated with you this game and I would appreciate it if you would not call into question the validity of whether or not I have been angry, hurt, etc.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 am

And that "I'll be lynched tomorrow if we lynch him today" coming from IC? Never. Coming from scum who desperately wants to get back at me for lynching them and take someone down for the team to prove that they're not a bad scum player Yeah, that's pretty much the perfect thing to say to look like you're just genuinely tunneling me, but coming from a slot who has me on a timer it makes no sense at all.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 am

At no point have I implied you don't genuinely believe the emotions you claim to feel. I simply don't believe that it's my problem and I don't think that it makes you town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

Can you not possibly consider that
1. I am town.
2. I am frustrated because you repeatedly call me scum, insult me, and at every turn when I've tried to do anything in this game after the point that you voted for me, you've painted it as scum play.

It's not a matter of respecting your play.
It's a matter of knowing that you are literally wrong and trying to deduce why you'd be so adamant about your incorrect read on me and becoming frustrated in the aggressiveness of your push, especially when said push is hyperbolic, manipulative, and misrepresentative of my play.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:38 am

I don't think this is what 1 and 2 look like.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

Alright, but can you understand why posts like
In post 1403, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't see this level of frustration coming from town you.
Make me feel that way?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:39 am

In post 1409, Varsoon wrote:Alright, but can you understand why posts like
In post 1403, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't see this level of frustration coming from town you.
Make me feel that way?
If you think that I'm scum, I can't see why they make you feel anything at all. If I'm scum, I'm saying it strategically, no?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 am

If you weren't intermittently flying in and calling me 100% confirmed scum and going on random rants against me I would infer from the rest of your ISO that you're townreading me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's a denial of the validity of how I feel regardless of your alignment.

And that's the thing, RC. I think you're far more likely to say something like this as scum rather than as town, because you don't see it as an egregious offense if you're scum. You don't see your behavior as toxic if you're scum. For you, if you're scum, it's just playing the game; winning at any cost, because that's all that matters.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:47 am

I don't see anything that I have said towards you this game as an egregious offense or an offense at all. I'm unhappy about one or two posts I made towards Elbirn and Maria.
You have been taking potshots at me since the very beginning of the game and taking the moral high ground about it so I don't particularly care about your feelings beyond analyzing them for what they say about your alignment.

And what you're doing now is essentially trying to convince me that your scumread on me is legit, which, well.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1411, RadiantCowbells wrote:If you weren't intermittently flying in and calling me 100% confirmed scum and going on random rants against me I would infer from the rest of your ISO that you're townreading me.
I haven't used the phrase '100% confirmed scum' anywhere in this game, so...
No?

I'm doing what I can to get you lynched, as nothing indicates to me that you're town here.
Why do you think that I am town reading you?
Is it because I know that I've been wrong when I've had this level of reads confidence before?
No, that's just honesty.

P-EDIT:
There's a hard difference between taking a moral highground and apologizing and trying to move beyond what I have admitted are insulting and inflammatory posts.
Once again, I apologize for my behavior earlier this game. It was unwarranted, unprofessionally, and even if I was frustrated by anything you did, I should not have taken out my frustration on you.

I'm sorry.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm justifying and standing by why I still have a vote on you and why I still believe you to be the ideal lynch today.

Realistically, one of us has to go.
Too many players are hard lurking as a result of the noise that our 1v1 created.
I am positive that this was your intention, as you have self-admitted to 'setting up your buddies to be in strong positions'.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:51 am

I don't even doubt your feelings! I believe they're true! You're just scum. Even if you're somehow town I don't believe you're making up your feelings. I just don't believe they're town feelings.
There's a hard difference between taking a moral highground and apologizing and trying to move beyond what I have admitted are insulting and inflammatory posts.
Once again, I apologize for my behavior earlier this game. It was unwarranted, unprofessionally, and even if I was frustrated by anything you did, I should not have taken out my frustration on you.

I'm sorry.
"even if I was frustrated by anything you did"

that's not an apology and you went off at me long before I had even mentioned your name.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

My posts aren't just for you, RC.
When I post, I'm posting for everyone.

I know, I specifically mentioned you and my perceptions of you both seriously and in jest at the start of the game, but I had not considered that it would be taken personally. I was hoping to prod you to be more active in the game thread, as you had been largely absent, which was something that I had never seen you do in a game before. It was not my intention for those posts to be anything but a prod to get you engaged.

I'm sorry.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:56 am

I just want you dead. I don't want an apology, because I don't take scumposts personally. I don't want to talk to you about it, because every time we discuss you continue to exhibit the same scumtells and nothing changes.
You're not fooling me, or from your point of view, you're not convincing me to not lynch you as scum (and you wouldn't try if you were town, but), the bids are down so let's deal.
I know, I specifically mentioned you and my perceptions of you both seriously and in jest at the start of the game, but I had not considered that it would be taken personally. I was hoping to prod you to be more active in the game thread, as you had been largely absent, which was something that I had never seen you do in a game before. It was not my intention for those posts to be anything but a prod to get you engaged.
also varsoon
Any further conversation on that point can slide into PMs.
You taking this personally and making a scene is exactly the kind of shit I can't stand about you, for the record.
so, uh, given you have a track record of attacking me and having it taken personally and hating me for taking it personally the idea that you didn't expect me to take it personally is lol
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:56 am

Varsoon it's okay you can just admit what you were doing. People aren't going to hate you because you're antagonizing me. The mods don't even care. You're literally going to face no repercussions.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1397, jjh927 wrote:Yo guys I'd really prefer it if I didn't have to step in here but it'd be great if you could stop with both the active and passive aggression towards each other

This is a little too far beyond heated so at least make an effort to keep it more clinical when you're addressing each other- otherwise I'm probably gonna have to send this higher up the chain
Oh btw I had to step in to tell Varsoon to chill in a past game, and in that game his antagonism was tobally different so like I’m pretty sure he’s just scum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

What I find baffling is that you insisted on a 1v1 with me despite posting this:
In post 308, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not trying to interact with him. I think that my interacting with him is the single least productive thing I could do and also bad for the gamestate.
I can read him better off how he interacts with others than me anyway because there's tons of baggage with regards to his me interactions.
Your play makes no sense if you hold Post 308 as being true.
Town!you should understand this.
Scum!you posts the above to posture and avoid engaging with me before realize that you can mire the game in a 40-page 1v1 and people will just sheep you because you've built enough trust via PT interaction.

Spoiler: Our early interactions, FWIW
In post 104, Varsoon wrote:
In post 14, RadiantCowbells wrote:Firebringer I just wanted you to know how much your continued support has meant to me through all these years and I've thought about you from the sidelines but until this moment I've never really realized just how much I want to be with you.

Would you do me the honour of a dance?
Honor doesn't have a 'u' in it.
I also think it's wild that you intentionally acknowledge FB but not the two-vote wagon there or his interactions.
This sort of interaction reads really awkward but also strikes me as you not being the same align.
I take back my gun shot earlier. I'd shoot you now. :P
But, nah, really, waiting for you to WOW US ALL with your PERFECT READS, you GOLDEN GOD OF MAFIA.
You're off to a GREAT START that I couldn't possibly levy any valid criticism against, and even if I tried, it'd just be me being a HATER.
Wouldn't be surprised if you picked yourself, you narcissist. :P
In post 15, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 14, RadiantCowbells wrote:Firebringer I just wanted you to know how much your continued support has meant to me through all these years and I've thought about you from the sidelines but until this moment I've never really realized just how much I want to be with you.

Would you do me the honour of a dance?
Someone is being unfaithful.......
See, this is why RC's post is so egregious to me;
I know that Nico will engage with it for fun factor
So it just drives the fluffposting
And distances further from the game at hand.
Don't fall for this nonsense, Nico.
In post 17, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think Sakura Hana will mind. I'll ask her.
Please stop this.
Play the game at hand.
If you have another post after this where you continue to not game-engage (especially if it's baiting Nico for fluff), I'm going to tunnel you until either one of us is dead.
In post 120, RadiantCowbells wrote:They do

Kiinda townvibing mutant here
In post 148, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: Radiant Cowbells

Really have come to expect more than the nebulous reads and fluffposting from you.
Step it up.

In post 196, Varsoon wrote: @Radiant Cowbells: Can you go more into why, though? (why townvibing mutant)
In post 224, RadiantCowbells wrote:Varsoon is by far my top scumread for the record.

In post 230, Varsoon wrote:
In post 228, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am going to continue to ignore questions.
Then you can die.
In post 595, Varsoon wrote:
In post 590, RadiantCowbells wrote:varsoon wants to lynch me for out of game reasons regardless of his alignment.
Sure is cool that it's fine for YOU to leverage OUT OF GAME REASONS to wipe aside any sort of legitimate case I have against you.

You know if you're scum this game, I will never forgive this shit.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:02 am

That's a strange statement

This kind of interaction with you I think is a waste of time, like I said before. I'm having it because you threw a tantrum.

Lynching scum is mandatory to win the game.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1420, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1397, jjh927 wrote:Yo guys I'd really prefer it if I didn't have to step in here but it'd be great if you could stop with both the active and passive aggression towards each other

This is a little too far beyond heated so at least make an effort to keep it more clinical when you're addressing each other- otherwise I'm probably gonna have to send this higher up the chain
Oh btw I had to step in to tell Varsoon to chill in a past game, and in that game his antagonism was tobally different so like I’m pretty sure he’s just scum.
How do you tell the difference between Varsoon's town-rage and his scum-rage?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In the other game it felt like he was more proactive in his vitriol
Here it’s all reactive
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”