Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Korina »

In post 349, Jingle wrote:Player A is lie detector. Player B says "Player C is on my scumteam." Player C IS on Player B's scumteam. Player A would get a true result from lie detecting that sentence, right, because Player B knows Player C's alignment.
Player B says "Player D is on my scumteam." Player D is in fact town. Player A would get a false result, because Player B knows that Player D isn't on his team.

Additionally, I assume you, Korina, are prohibited from commenting on wagon composition. But were I to, say, request that you say "The vote count in post 325 has 5 town players voting Korina." could you make that statement?
Correct. Player A would be told Player B was truthful in the first scenario since there would be nothing else saying he should be returned otherwise. In the second one, if Player D is not on the scum-team, yes, Player A would be told Player B was lying, otherwise it'd be returned as truthful.

As for the second one: That is correct, I cannot directly comment on wagon composition nor alignment/roles/etc. Assuming you did have the power to force me to return a statement, you could force me to say that regardless of it being truthful or not, and regardless of me being prohibited to say it or not since you would (presumably) have no idea if the statement was true or not.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Jingle »

But you would not be able to post it of your own free will just because I asked you to, despite that I am not asking you to confirm the truth of the statement, just to repeat it.

One more question. If a lie detector targets a statement you were forced to say, do you resolve that as being a lie/truth based on your knowledge or the knowledge of the person who made you say it?
This is a Parachute.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Korina »

In post 351, Jingle wrote:But you would not be able to post it of your own free will just because I asked you to, despite that I am not asking you to confirm the truth of the statement, just to repeat it.

One more question. If a lie detector targets a statement you were forced to say, do you resolve that as being a lie/truth based on your knowledge or the knowledge of the person who made you say it?
Yes, I could not post it of my own free will. If you had the ability to make me post a message(s), and you submit that, I would be allowed to post it since I, myself, am not posting it of my own free will.

For the second one, it'd be based on my knowledge because it would be treated as my post.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Jingle »

Alright. If we can force Korina to post, we use Korina for all future lie detections. I think optimal play is to build a wagon and have him tell us the number of antitown players on the wagon is less than 2, then craft additional statements afterwards. I'll have to consider this further. If anyone has ideas on abusing the mod's knowledge, speak up.
This is a Parachute.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 351, Jingle wrote:But you would not be able to post it of your own free will just because I asked you to, despite that I am not asking you to confirm the truth of the statement, just to repeat it.

Yes this is where I wanted to go with my statements earlier but I can't articulate it as well. I'm just going to let jingle do my talking for me.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Would antitown include all 3p alignments even if their wincon doesn't affect town? It's generally used as a blanket term for anything nontown so maybe nontown would work the same. We could target mafia first or use it to figure out the number of alignments/teams present today and then work backwards with wagons formed day 1.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

hello!

I'm alive. I was just out of town and completely separated from the internet.

I'm back home and I will start playing this tomorrow morning after catching up.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 am

Post by NicoRobin »

Now there are more important topics to talk about, such as Portgas D. Ace.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Actually I do kind of like the idea of discerning the number of different alignments first, especially if cult is in play as it could render past results inaccurate. Also we can eliminate killing 3p roles fake claim avenues (like SKs claiming vig shots).
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Is that a your lie in April avatar?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:08 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Korina, do whispers count as posts? If the lie detector role were to receive a whisper could they choose to use their ability on the whisper?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Jingle »

Oh, also, Nako can't be used to prove Nako's alignment. Should be obvious, but I feel like it's worth reiterating that she should be left off of any list we send to Korina.

If we also drop me, Korina, and the Jury, we have three questions to determine the maximum amount of information about 11 people.

Riddle logic here: probably best to use halves and comparative statements. {Group A} contains more antitown players than {Group B}, where group B is group A-1 players.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Jingle »

Should split obvtown between the groups as well, I think.
This is a Parachute.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Korina »

In post 360, RCEnigma wrote:Korina, do whispers count as posts? If the lie detector role were to receive a whisper could they choose to use their ability on the whisper?
No, they may not use it on whispers.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Porkens »

Can I triple stamp a double stamp?
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:14 am

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 353, Jingle wrote:Alright. If we can force Korina to post, we use Korina for all future lie detections. I think optimal play is to build a wagon and have him tell us the number of antitown players on the wagon is less than 2, then craft additional statements afterwards. I'll have to consider this further. If anyone has ideas on abusing the mod's knowledge, speak up.
sounds good.
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 am

Post by 0verki11 »

VOTE: the jury
im kind of curious about what it is tbh.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Korina »

In post 353, Jingle wrote:Alright. If we can force Korina to post, we use Korina for all future lie detections. I think optimal play is to build a wagon and have him tell us the number of antitown players on the wagon is less than 2, then craft additional statements afterwards. I'll have to consider this further. If anyone has ideas on abusing the mod's knowledge, speak up.
See, that's the thing. That's assuming you can actually make me post that. If you can't make me, it's up to myself only to say what I would post.
Just a thought.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Jingle »

Yeah, but we can come to a consensus on what should be posted. If there is a town role that can force you to post it they will. Otherwise, everyone posts: [Player] is a member of [Antitown Faction] for every faction we care about (Cult and mafia, probably) for every player. And Nako picks the people to investigate.
This is a Parachute.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Korina »

0verki11 is whispering to The Jury. (8/9)
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 366, 0verki11 wrote:VOTE: the jury
Lol wut
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 am

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 370, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 366, 0verki11 wrote:VOTE: the jury
Lol wut
unless im missing something, the jury isnt a actual player im kind of curious about what it actually is.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Jingle »

Neighborhood of Korina, Pers and Porkens. Supposedly acts by majority rule.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 12, Persivul wrote:What's the jury?
In post 97, Persivul wrote:The jury is me, Korina, and Porkens. Majority vote rules.
Okay the fuck
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:46 am

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 372, Jingle wrote:Neighborhood of Korina, Pers and Porkens. Supposedly acts by majority rule.
what did my whisper say?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”