Newbie 1904 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Scum have hard bussed and won newbie games before (re: Child)
It wouldn’t be the first time
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by Lamees »

In post 349, muh316 wrote:
In post 332, Lamees wrote:Ok so that should be 1 scum.

Ceejay jail me tonight please and thanks.
Why did you ask to be Jailkept?
In post 348, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’m not ready to clear Child, there’s some weird moments regarding the slot in Okx’s ISO (remember Child replaced Jess)
Why not? He's the one that led the Okx lynch.
In post 345, Lamees wrote:That leaves jim hawkins and muh316 as the only two left. It could be either of them but I'm leaning muh316 after reading jim's iso, who was planning to lynch okx for majority of the game.
Where in Jim's ISO was he planning to lynch okx for the majority of the game? He was ready to lynch him 2 days before the deadline after he saw Child's analysis. Furthermore, he never actually voted Okx. He just stated he was going to 30 minutes before game ends. For all we know this could have been scumJim trying to pull off a no-lynch.
To cause wifom for scum. Also in case he actually decided to jk me and somehow survive then I'll be cleared too.

Yeah, you're right about jim regarding okx. I guess we have miss lynches so I'm ok with either one of you and jim (because of process of elimination).

VOTE: jim hawkins
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Lamees »

In post 350, Irrelephant11 wrote:Scum have hard bussed and won newbie games before (re: Child)
Worst case scenario scum is dongempire or child. And we end up losing.

High chance scum lies between jim and muh though.

Had we lynched the scum goon, I'd be thinking you bussed and there's no tracker in the game lol.
AbyssalLord
AbyssalLord
Townie
AbyssalLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by AbyssalLord »

sorry lads, I'm back. with us being given a guide along the lines of "Stop Bussing!!!!!!!!" it wouldn't be a bad idea to bus since bussing wouldn't be thought of as a strategy. (kinda like a BBB's gambit?) (or am I wrong?) just my thoughts. anyways, I'm guessing we're losing irrelephant tonight, not considering there being a possibility of other PR's. I'm guessing we should go ahead with this Jim lynch/pressure, so:

*tingtingting* Ahem

tarnation john willard
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.01
Jim Hawkins (3) -
Irrelephant11, Lamees, AbyssalLord

Not Voting (4) -
Child, Jim Hawkins, Dongempire, muh316

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2018-12-18 17:50:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

In post 349, muh316 wrote: Where in Jim's ISO was he planning to lynch okx for the majority of the game? He was ready to lynch him 2 days before the deadline after he saw Child's analysis.
I agree with this. I haven't been confident in my reads on anyone in this game so far.
In post 349, muh316 wrote:Furthermore, he never actually voted Okx. He just stated he was going to 30 minutes before game ends. For all we know this could have been scumJim trying to pull off a no-lynch.
Hold up. Okx was at L-1 and we had literally
hours
until the deadline hit. I'm still trying to figure out the protocol for lynching at the deadline and wanted to give the other players time to provide any additional thoughts/feedback before we lynched and the day ended.
In post 351, Lamees wrote:Yeah, you're right about jim regarding okx. I guess we have miss lynches so I'm ok with either one of you and jim (because of process of elimination).

This seems like a poor strategy for the town. Is it really beneficial to just guess on who to kill because one mis-lynch won't end the game on the spot? It seems counter-intuitive to bus someone so quickly into a new day.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by Lamees »

After abyssal being cleared it's you or muh316. If you're town we'll win tomorrow imo. So don't worry too much.

I do think it's higher chance of being muh316 but following majority vote is better, and has proven to work this game.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 353, AbyssalLord wrote:sorry lads, I'm back. with us being given a guide along the lines of "Stop Bussing!!!!!!!!" it wouldn't be a bad idea to bus since bussing wouldn't be thought of as a strategy. (kinda like a BBB's gambit?) (or am I wrong?) just my thoughts. anyways, I'm guessing we're losing irrelephant tonight, not considering there being a possibility of other PR's. I'm guessing we should go ahead with this Jim lynch/pressure, so:

We wont lose anyone tonight. Right now it is a 50/50 of jim or muh.
Abyssal and irrel are confirmed town,
Lamees and child i believe to be highly town as well.
As the day progresses, any remaining doubts should be cleared. Not a lot left.

Everyone, readslists on the rest of the town, if you will.
For me, im leaning towards a newbie scum member so that would make jim, reasoning being that jailkeeper is certainly a less powerfull role than tracker, considering with one mafia tracker is sheriff, wherein jailkeeper doesnt confirm if he saves someone. The only reasoning for a jk kill then would be lack of knowledge imo
I'm going to read isos of my two suspects, meanwhile, DO NOTE IT IS L-1. Its 4 votes to lynch now.

I'm going to post my readslist once electricity comes back, im on my phone right now.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by Lamees »

We will (or SHOULD) lose irrel tonight if we lynch town
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

JK is stronger than tracker
Don’t do a lunch yet I want to read and share my thoughts in case it’s a mislynch
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Child »

In post 357, Donempire wrote: Everyone, readslists on the rest of the town, if you will.
For me, im leaning towards a newbie scum member so that would make jim, reasoning being that jailkeeper is certainly a less powerfull role than tracker, considering with one mafia tracker is sheriff, wherein jailkeeper doesnt confirm if he saves someone. The only reasoning for a jk kill then would be lack of knowledge imo
I'm going to read isos of my two suspects, meanwhile, DO NOTE IT IS L-1. Its 4 votes to lynch now.

I'm going to post my readslist once electricity comes back, im on my phone right now.
In post 359, Irrelephant11 wrote:JK is stronger than tracker
Don’t do a lunch yet I want to read and share my thoughts in case it’s a mislynch
i think they are equal in this scenario, while JK has the ability to finish off mafia after survival unlike tracker, he can be manipulated to make mislynches happen. tracker is only useful the days he survives. it just depends if you wanna rely on RB mislynches and risk getting RB'd yourself or try to take the safe route and beat town with facts and logic.

going to study for the rest of the day, dont know if i will be online very much. posting reads tommorow.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Jailkeeper generates innos as quickly as a tracker when there’s only one scum left
Jailkeeper also has a chance to stop the nightkill by hitting either the mafia or the mafia’s Target (though in this case the latter would always have been CJ)
Anyway it’s not that interesting a point except that jailkeeper was objectively the right kill to make
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 327, muh316 wrote:If the claim is true, and we lynch OkX, we'll be down 2 PRs by D2 since Mafia is probably gonna want to kill Ceejay.

If the claim is true, then Ceejay Jailkeeps OkX, and Okx can get us a confirmed town or not-town on D2. That should help us narrow down possible scum suspects. Also, then we know we have a Mafia Rolecop/Goon combo which means we don't have a Mafia roleblocker to prevent Ceejay/Okx from acting.

Anyway, if anyone wants to counterclaim, please do so. If there is a counterclaim I'll hammer.
This could maybe be cc-fishing
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Lamees »

We should hammer soon. I don't think there's anything ground breakings going to happen.

I'd say chances of scum are:
40 % jim
40 % muh
5% child
5% dong

From my POV
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I’d like a little more time, please
I’m always the nightkill here, so please let me make sure I haven’t missed anything before I go
Jim Hawkins
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Jim Hawkins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Jim Hawkins »

It seems that the majority of the town is set on lynching either myself or muh. I'm not sure what you will learn from my post history after I die, so in a last effort to help, here is my read list:
{Town}
Dong - Good reads and interpretation of actions and events
Child - Same as Dong
{Null}
Irrelephant - Had a very scummy vibe in the game up until the PR claim. Still trying to 100% believe the claim
Abyssal - A bit all over the place
{Scum}
Muh - Seemed to defend Okx in ISO read, even though they dropped the hammer vote
Lamees - Did a lot of wagon following in the first part of the game, but has suddenly gained 1000% more confidence in calling for a lynch and speeding up the 2nd day.

Were I not at L-1 with a crazy mob ready for a quick lynch, I would vote muh and FoS Lamees. But, as this might be my last post, I will VOTE: Lamees and urge you all to take your time and fully analyze the entire situation before jumping on a wagon so quickly at the start of a day.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

UNVOTE:
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by muh316 »

Pushing for a lynch this early in D2 isn't really beneficial. If Jim ends up being town and I get lynched D3. I'm assuming scum is going to kill Irrelephant N2 and Abyssal N3. That leaves Child, Dong, and Lamees to battle it out on D4 which is going to be VERY hard to solve. Child is a definite strong town contender, but I'm wary of Lamees and Dong. I'd rather we go into D4 feeling confident.

For now, I would be fine with a Jim/Lamees lynch for today. Jim for reasons stated already. Lamees because of the attitude shown in D2. I don't agree with the mislynch attitude because it could end up in an uncertain D4.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 365, Jim Hawkins wrote:Irrelephant - Had a very scummy vibe in the game up until the PR claim. Still trying to 100% believe the claim
I think the claim is pretty much solidified since we've figured out the game setup.
In post 362, Irrelephant11 wrote:this could maybe be cc-fishing
In hindsight this does seem like fishing. But at that time I didn't want to risk lynching a PR.
AbyssalLord
AbyssalLord
Townie
AbyssalLord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by AbyssalLord »

UNVOTE: jim hawkins i would like to apologize for being game-end hungry
*tingtingting* Ahem

tarnation john willard
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by Lamees »

I mean if child or dong bussed we just have to accept a loss. There's no way to find out lol.

I say this because the lynch order should be:

Muh
Jim
Last lynch is probably me
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Lamees »

We CANNOT under any circumstances not lynch jim and muh here.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Child »

In post 350, Irrelephant11 wrote:Scum have hard bussed and won newbie games before (re: Child)
i dont think making a detailed push on someone who wasnt even main lynch is better than scum lynching abyssal or no-lynching and playing it safe, but sure. do you have any games where scum makes crazy plays that pop in mind? i would like to read them, that sounds interesting.
In post 348, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’m not ready to clear Child, there’s some weird moments regarding the slot in Okx’s ISO (remember Child replaced Jess)
what do you mean? he asked jess to say something a few times, but that's more of a lamist post than him trying to make connections. unless you mean something else i have missed.
In post 349, muh316 wrote:
In post 345, Lamees wrote:That leaves jim hawkins and muh316 as the only two left. It could be either of them but I'm leaning muh316 after reading jim's iso, who was planning to lynch okx for majority of the game.
Where in Jim's ISO was he planning to lynch okx for the majority of the game? He was ready to lynch him 2 days before the deadline after he saw Child's analysis. Furthermore, he never actually voted Okx. He just stated he was going to 30 minutes before game ends. For all we know this could have been scumJim trying to pull off a no-lynch.
sounds like a pretty bad idea, pulling off a no-lynch like that is really suspicious and it would be much more worth it to simply let ohx go.
In post 362, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 327, muh316 wrote:If the claim is true, and we lynch OkX, we'll be down 2 PRs by D2 since Mafia is probably gonna want to kill Ceejay.

If the claim is true, then Ceejay Jailkeeps OkX, and Okx can get us a confirmed town or not-town on D2. That should help us narrow down possible scum suspects. Also, then we know we have a Mafia Rolecop/Goon combo which means we don't have a Mafia roleblocker to prevent Ceejay/Okx from acting.

Anyway, if anyone wants to counterclaim, please do so. If there is a counterclaim I'll hammer.
This could maybe be cc-fishing
given the context we were in, it definetly looks like it. im pretty sure dong was afk by then, me and lamees were ready to lynch regardless and you were the cc who could have stayed hidden, it all depended on muh/jim landing the final vote. muh asking for cc does look townie, but gut tells me it is scum trying to bait out the final PR, or even hoping he could find no CC's and get a no-lynch going. im gonna risk it and vote on muh.

VOTE: muh316

lamees is possible, given the fact that them being so sure ohx is scum could be them simply looking for towncred and not seeing a way out for ohx, although there was still a possibility of a VT rolling instead of Tracker or doctor who could cc , which makes this theory less credible. i think mafia would try to play it safely.
dong is also possible, but them being the first vote makes it really unlikely for them to be scum, and they are also my top town read who isnt confirmed. this is the 0,01% scenario i hope does not happen.
that leaves jim and muh. i say we kill one of them, as they seem to be the most likely scum here. i dont mind either one, but muh seems a bit more likely given the D2 play he made compared to jim's play.
Child
Child
Goon
Child
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Child »

In post 372, Child wrote: that leaves jim and muh. i say we kill one of them, as they seem to be the most likely scum here. i dont mind either one, but muh seems a bit more likely given the
D1
play he made compared to jim's play.
edit
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Lamees »

The longer we leave it the more wifom is gonna be generated. I already see players unvoting jim lol. Please do not screw this up. It's muh or jim. Read the way the lynch went down-If I had not voted there would for sure be no lynch.

I am leaning muh because scum agreed to claim tracker. With the hammer being that close to deadline, their only hope was that the actual tracker was offline/afk until deadline. I assume the mafia goon (okx's partner) told him that "if tracker cc's I HAVE TO HAMMER YOU". Muh fits this theory.

But jim not voting and claiming he will hammer (with it being that close to deadline this delayed hammer post is super unreliable and scummy, and I dont see why jim did this as town). If muh didnt hammer I assume jim would not hammer with the excuse of afk or something.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”