: Lamees, Leodanny
DVa (L-6)
: NotNova
YyottaCat (L-6)
: Dunnstral
NotNova (L-6)
: DVa
Something_Smart
In post 298, Thor665 wrote:As already discussed - there is scum motivation in covering up your lack of effort by claiming you're efforting.
Hence, again, as I already flat out stated, why I'm exploring your thought process to see if it makes sense.
Why is this suddenly something you're forgetting?
I do think you weren't efforting, I am starting to think you're fake efforting and word spewing emptiness.
I think we're speaking about different things.
Let's start over -
Where did I "claim" I'm efforting?
You've already picked at my thought process about that question, to see if what makes sense?
So you're saying I'm not efforting *because* of that question, or as a whole?
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Auro »

In post 299, Thor665 wrote:That you're - halfway through the discussion - kind of trying a gear change makes me feel like you're worried I was coming too close to reality.
Gear change from what to what? Spell it out for me, please.
You were saying my thought process would be wonky for me to ask that question.
I rebutted saying there's no scum motivation to that thought process.
You agreed, and said it's evidence for lack of effort.
I said it's supporting evidence at best, unless you believe I wasn't putting in effort on a whole independent of that post anyway.

Where have I changed gears here, Thor?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Auro »

In post 255, Auro wrote:
In post 253, Thor665 wrote:Just because you efforted as scum in the past does not mean you always will - or are you claiming it does?
I'm not sure what your motivation for it is - but it appears fairly factual you're doing exactly that so now I'm exploring it. It does make more sense to me you'd do it as scum, and it ASSUREDLY makes more sense to me you'd try to cover it up as scum as opposed to admitting it.

I'm feeling more like these answers are deflections than responses. Meh, then again you do answer in questions a lot like I do.
Please delve deeper into that first response and my rebuttal - I feel like the answer to your alignment is there.
I effort as both alignments. I'm not covering up that I'm efforting, am I? O.o
I'm saying there's no special
scum motivation
for me to effort, when I know that efforting alone won't make me look any townier. So if you're going to evaluate my alignment based on that question, it shouldn't be for "trying to look like you're efforting". Agree?
Therefore, an accusation of me "trying to look like I'm efforting" shouldn't hold any weight.
Is this what you're referring to? I thought you were attacking me *for* "efforting", and I rebutted accordingly.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Auro »

Every time I incorrectly interpret something you say, you seem to be calling me "gear-changing", "fake-efforting", "word-spewing".
Why don't you correct me and allow me to rebut the correct version of things, without attacking me for it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 300, Auro wrote:Where did I "claim" I'm efforting?
You've already picked at my thought process about that question, to see if what makes sense?
So you're saying I'm not efforting *because* of that question, or as a whole?
1. Are you claiming you're not efforting?
2. In an ongoing process, yes. This is an empty question.
3. I'm saying it is evidence of not efforting, I would suggest it's as a whole, yes.
In post 301, Auro wrote:Where have I changed gears here, Thor?
By trying to step out of the conversation.
In post 303, Auro wrote:Every time I incorrectly interpret something you say, you seem to be calling me "gear-changing", "fake-efforting", "word-spewing".
Why don't you correct me and allow me to rebut the correct version of things, without attacking me for it?
Why do you keep misunderstanding me by inventing things I never said or even implied?
I've corrected you twice on the effort thing, and I've had to remind you of things I've said like 2-3 times as well.
At some stage, considering my raised issue is I don't think you're trying to actually solve, but just look busy, am I allowed to suggest this ongoing "confusion" is scummy?
Maybe you should read twice to make sure you grok things before demanding I define and defend "rebuttal" as a word choice (And then hard drop the conversation, and many others while not changing gears)?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 212, Thor665 wrote:Are you just skimming and pretending to effort, or what?
Like, how do you read this and establish my attack on you as you efforting as opposed to not efforting?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Persivul »

Are you guys really learning anything from this?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Auro »

In post 304, Thor665 wrote:1. Are you claiming you're not efforting?
2. In an ongoing process, yes. This is an empty question.
3. I'm saying it is evidence of not efforting, I would suggest it's as a whole, yes.
1. I think I am putting in adequate effort.
2. My question was about *what* making sense.
3. Then how come you townleaned me earlier to that question? Also, you'll have to show that every post of mine appart from that was fake-effort.

I'm not stepping out of the conversation, I'm happy to engage.

You did say I looked like I'm empty-word-spewing, gear-changing, fake-efforting. Your "corrections" have not been particularly helpful, then. If I'm that thick that you're repeatedly correcting and I can't see it, can anybody else actually clarify for me, perhaps?

Which part of the conversation did I hard drop? I thought I was constantly engaging you o.O
Thor665 wrote:
In post 212, Thor665 wrote:Are you just skimming and pretending to effort, or what?
Like, how do you read this and establish my attack on you as you efforting as opposed to not efforting?
Fake effort is still effort, and "efforting" could simply mean "posting a lot" which is a reasonable interpretation I've taken.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Auro »

Thor, this conversation is becoming unnecessarily bloated -- just cut down to your attack, and explain it in clear terms to dense me, without saying "I've already said it earlier".
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Auro »

In post 306, Persivul wrote:Are you guys really learning anything from this?
Still evaluating if Thor's attack on me is genuine.
He seems uncharitable towards any semantic misinterpretations I make, and I am getting confused by what he's saying, or least am continuing to interpret his posts wrong.
What do you think of our interaction?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 307, Auro wrote:3. Then how come you townleaned me earlier to that question? Also, you'll have to show that every post of mine appart from that was fake-effort.
I'm allowed to change reads with new info.
I don't have to show how every post you make does that, that is silly. I have shown it in more than one instance which suggests it's an ongoing reality.
In post 307, Auro wrote:Which part of the conversation did I hard drop? I thought I was constantly engaging you o.O
You are - but, like I literally just said, you dropped the rebuttal thing (and others) so I literally answered the question you're asking here in part in the post you're responding to. This all feels fake.
In post 308, Auro wrote:Thor, this conversation is becoming unnecessarily bloated -- just cut down to your attack, and explain it in clear terms to dense me, without saying "I've already said it earlier".
:neutral:
In post 253, Thor665 wrote:I'm not sure what your motivation for [efforting] is - but it appears fairly factual you're doing exactly that so now I'm exploring it. It does make more sense to me you'd do it as scum, and it ASSUREDLY makes more sense to me you'd try to cover it up as scum as opposed to admitting it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

[fake efforting]
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Auro »

In post 292, Auro wrote:
In post 289, Thor665 wrote:"The grass is blue."
You can rebut that without me even being involved in a game of Mafia. I challenged your stance, you offered a reason why you did what you did, I showed that it was illogical - that's a rebuttal.
What even is this question?
Ah, I thought you were referring to your initial response to my question as a "rebuttal", nevermind.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Fair enough on that - you are asking a lot of ridiculous questions that go nowehere fast with you responding with 'I'm confused' after being called on them though.
Makes me feel like I'm boxing with smoke.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Auro »

In post 253, Thor665 wrote:I'm not sure what your motivation for it is - but it appears fairly factual you're doing exactly that so now I'm exploring it. It does make more sense to me you'd do it as scum, and it ASSUREDLY makes more sense to me you'd try to cover it up as scum as opposed to admitting it.
This is the attack? Cool.
So you think I'm fake efforting, even right now in the process of our engagement, cool.
And your attack on me is that you don't know what my motivation for efforting would be; but I would try to cover my non-efforting up as scum instead of admitting that I am not efforting. Correct? Gosh.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Lamees »

If auro's here it's only natural there's a long shit posty exchange lol. I think he does it as either alignment. I'll put him as null for now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 314, Auro wrote:
In post 253, Thor665 wrote:I'm not sure what your motivation for it is - but it appears fairly factual you're doing exactly that so now I'm exploring it. It does make more sense to me you'd do it as scum, and it ASSUREDLY makes more sense to me you'd try to cover it up as scum as opposed to admitting it.
This is the attack? Cool.
So you think I'm fake efforting, even right now in the process of our engagement, cool.
And your attack on me is that you don't know what my motivation for efforting would be; but I would try to cover my non-efforting up as scum instead of admitting that I am not efforting. Correct? Gosh.
You asked for the case - I didn't expect you to agree with it.
My primary goal was to showcase that it was simple and clearly stated already.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Auro »

In post 316, Thor665 wrote:You asked for the case - I didn't expect you to agree with it.
My primary goal was to showcase that it was simple and clearly stated already.
Agreements or not aside, my paraphrasing of your case; is it correct?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 309, Auro wrote: Still evaluating if Thor's attack on me is genuine.
He seems uncharitable towards any semantic misinterpretations I make, and I am getting confused by what he's saying, or least am continuing to interpret his posts wrong.
What do you think of our interaction?
He's not exactly attacking...which has me concerned.

My general impression as the game unfolded was that you were
taking over
so to speak. That always concerns me. There's no more dangerous scum than one who has taken over the town. So, I've been watching you and poking at you. So far, you look town to me. And, town leaders tend to sort themselves out over time.

I don't get all this talk about "efforting" (and just turning effort into a verb bugs the hell out of me). You seem to me like the type that just continues arguing out of stubbornness, even if it's not helping you read and you don't need to defend. I get that. What I don't get is why Thor keeps on about it.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:25 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Notice

I apologise for not writing updating the flavour text. Work is pretty crazy right now
so you will have to survive on edited-in votecounts until the weekend. Sorry!!

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:35 am

Post by rb »

In post 270, Leodanny wrote:I mean, he’s just saying wow
Imo
True
One
Vote lamees
Two
wow so true imo

vote lamees
Leodanny
Leodanny
Goon
Leodanny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Leodanny »

Forgot:
Press one to vote lamees
press two to vote other
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Lamees »

It's 1 to vote lamees
2 to vote lamees

I want an example where town has ever tunnel like this and what would the reason be. I have been in this situation before and was scum doing it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 149, Lamees wrote:We're lynching rb. I've seen this happen too much and lost games as town because of it. Not letting it go. My vote is on rb for the entire game until one of us gets lynched.
In post 322, Lamees wrote:It's 1 to vote lamees
2 to vote lamees

I want an example where town has ever tunnel like this and what would the reason be. I have been in this situation before and was scum doing it.
So you're scum claiming.

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.
Leodanny
Leodanny
Goon
Leodanny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Leodanny »

Lamees are you saying you’re both scum?

Return to “Completed Open Games”