newbie 1905: pictures from my phone (GAME OGRE !!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:39 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler: an image relevant to my final this afternoon

Vote count 2.1

the worst (1):
foodcoats
u r a person 2 (1):
PvtUrist
YyottaCat (1):
Vorkuta

not voting (4):
u r a person 2,YyottaCat, pinturicchio, the worst

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. day 2 ends december 21st at 01:30 central US time; in (expired on 2018-12-21 01:30:00)

mod notes
  • =
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:41 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Like, thinking it a little bit, I don't see either of you or Vorkuta being the worst's partner because of that push at the end of D1; the worst's push on URAP2 doesn't seems like bussing; Yvotta as I stated doesn't seem plausible; from my point of view, the one remaining is Urist. The last vote on EoD by the worst was the only thing that pinged me, 'cause it could be distancing since that lynch was unlikely to happen.
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:43 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1423, pinturicchio wrote:Yeah, on that I agree. Let's talk about associatives then. Let's say the worst is scum; who is his partner? Do you think him, as an IC, would let Yvotta to act like this the whole game? Is that a plausible scumteam?
I'm suspicious it's Urist based on their multi ISO but I'm worried it's WIFOM.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:44 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1424, Vorkuta wrote:We're put in 3-2 LyLo either way if we mislynch today (barring potential doctor/JK intervention).

Would you rather that 3-2 be a 4 player game at all? Or are you hoping one of the PR slots will sort her out for you?
In any case, that would be a PR in exchange for yyotta- is that REALLY pro-town?
If Yvotta is scum, then yes, exchanging a PR for her is protown, that's the whole point of having investigatives, to sort null reads.

But I agree with you, this was towards foodcoats right?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1423, pinturicchio wrote:Let's talk about associatives then
For all the following assumptions- I'm assuming teh_worst won't BUS. That's just against the 'powerwolfing' principle, and just is a weak move IMHO.
Like the tiny amount of brownie points duck would gain in no way make up for the fact that duck would lose a scum partner.

Duck and Vork- he told me to shut up in scumchat

Duck and Urist- Unlikely as Duck with fine with a Urist death D-1.
Duck and URAP2- Actively started a wagon, then jumped off. Seeing as its out in the open, cryptic crap going on here, but I'll say unlikely pair.
Duck and Pint- 2 SE buddies, instantly TR'd each other, basically would break the game for us town newbies.
I'd like to think that the
universe
RNG isn't that cruel, but this would be the most effective scum pairing.
Duck and FC- they were doing a good job of establishing the 'bare minimum chatter' necessary to register on our radars, and FC even tried to draw a bit of attention. But seeing as FC is willing to let the duck get lynched tonight: unlikely pair.
Duck and Yyotta- maybe Duck is TRYING to coach her, but is she is completely disregarding any and all messages :P
(applies to all possible scum teams though :P).

But hey- Just because I'm bad and can't deduce player X's scum partner, doesn't mean player X CAN'T BE SCUM.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1428, pinturicchio wrote:But I agree with you, this was towards foodcoats right?
meh- 70% as a response to FC, 30% to get it out there in the open.
In post 1428, pinturicchio wrote:that's the whole point of having investigatives, to sort null reads.
Let me rephrase that- I don't think a town!yyotta investigative result is worth a D2 claim, and the resulting hassle of getting it verified. Maybe a D3 claim.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:54 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Yeah we agree on associatives then, Vorkuta. I know I'm the worst (lol) looking in that matter, but I don't think that being fine with a Urist death and a meaningless vote equals bussing in here; making your partner the counterwagon and making him claim? That's bussing (talking about URAP2 here).
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:56 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1430, Vorkuta wrote: Let me rephrase that- I don't think a town!yyotta investigative result is worth a D2 claim, and the resulting hassle of getting it verified. Maybe a D3 claim.
Very good point, I would've not thought of that. But maybe the cop/nea/whatever doesn't have to out him/herself in order to derail a lynch on Yvotta? Yvotta wasn't lynched on D1 when it was optimal.
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:07 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1413, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm so glad to hear that, Pin!

Since we're being frank, I take it that you believe you have identified a PR, and also that you trust in TW's skill enough to believe that he is likely to have identified that pr as well?
URAP2, who do you think is scum right now?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Vorkuta »

Ok- Let's reexamine EoD yesterday, and I'll leave as much scum!worst paranoia out the door.
I'll just analyze the voting patterns and ignore WHY's

-Let's start with the Urist wagon, and my insistence that it doesn't go through @post#(effectively resulting in me stonewalling the game :P)
-It then moves to URAP2 and Cheeky then wants to go for the URAP2 hammer and end the day right there @post#
no claims, chances to claim, prods to claim, or intents to hammer were provided here

-We throw URAP2 a life raft: the jumble wagon, resulting in 2 counterwagons.
-Here the duck logs in and pulls all the jumble meta magic (previous game, next game, links to jumble scum/non-scum play) and all that good stuff. During this Jumble starts playing and basically jumps on his counterwagon.(#)
-While Jumble's play is being questioned, duck and I swap wagons with duck resulting in Jumble L-2, URAP2 L-2, with pint and duck holding the hammer.
-
must... resist... shading.... duck....
something happens and both are asked to claim (#).
-URAP2 resists this, and (now that the charades are up) outs himself at being very insistent on not wanting to claim anything.
-# results in a Jumble VT claim, and cheeky, myself, and later FC letting it go at duck.
-Duck goes back to the urist wagon, pint jumps (#)
-Then everyone realizes that we're at EoD, and that FC & Vork are trying to policy lynch duck, so the 2 jump back on the jumble wagon with Urist holding the hammer.
-
yyotta shows up
(#1323)
-Bit of frantic defense, Jumble doesn't (honestly) even try, cheeky lays down the groundwork for her NK, and:
-Hammer (#)

So yes- I can buy into pint's argument about a counterwagon being almost equal to bussing, but I would argue that teh_duck would know how and how not to drive home a lynch.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:20 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1433, foodcoats wrote:
In post 1413, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm so glad to hear that, Pin!

Since we're being frank, I take it that you believe you have identified a PR, and also that you trust in TW's skill enough to believe that he is likely to have identified that pr as well?
URAP2, who do you think is scum right now?
that's a tough question. gonna tackle it poe style. Right now my town circle is {pin}

I'm leaning town on duck and vork

I'd like an opportunity to reevaluate you, but I don't think I'll get to that until this evening

that leaves urist and yyotta
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:22 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

if someone wanted to look at associations between urist/yyotta/FC, I'd be interested in the result. If not, I'll try to dig in and get some work done this evening while im looking at FC's iso
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1428, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 1424, Vorkuta wrote:We're put in 3-2 LyLo either way if we mislynch today (barring potential doctor/JK intervention).

Would you rather that 3-2 be a 4 player game at all? Or are you hoping one of the PR slots will sort her out for you?
In any case, that would be a PR in exchange for yyotta- is that REALLY pro-town?
If Yvotta is scum, then yes, exchanging a PR for her is protown, that's the whole point of having investigatives, to sort null reads.

But I agree with you, this was towards foodcoats right?
I don't know that I was thinking of "exchanging a PR" to read Yyotta. But, short of a PR read, I don't think we can ever confidently read Yyotta. scum!Yyotta has a partner, though. Everyone else is active in the game at this point, and I think a better town strategy is to try to sort out who, within the group of all players excluding Yyotta, that is. Lynching Yyotta for lurking right now seems like it has really negative expected value.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1436, u r a person 2 wrote:at associations between urist/yyotta/FC
Urist vs. Yyotta are pretty much the same as Yyotta vs. EVERYONE and Yyotta vs. NOBODY. Nothing out of the ordinary barring weird nose bopping.

Urist vs. FC. No. Just. No. Alcohol induced hyper tunneling on one side, skeptical response, followed by deescalation and '2scum4scum', followed by re escalation, followed by wagoning on the other.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1434, Vorkuta wrote:So yes- I can buy into pint's argument about a counterwagon being almost equal to bussing, but I would argue that teh_duck would know how and how not to drive home a lynch.
It's tempting to make burden of skill arguments, but if you use it too often you'll find yourself playing with super heroes every game. :wink:

@FC I think it would be productive if you want to go through possible partners of scum!Yyotta
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1438, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1436, u r a person 2 wrote:at associations between urist/yyotta/FC
Urist vs. Yyotta are pretty much the same as Yyotta vs. EVERYONE and Yyotta vs. NOBODY. Nothing out of the ordinary barring weird nose bopping.

Urist vs. FC. No. Just. No. Alcohol induced hyper tunneling on one side, skeptical response, followed by deescalation and '2scum4scum', followed by re escalation, followed by wagoning on the other.
that nose bob was weird..

I think you're right about a urist/FC team being unlikely
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:32 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1438, Vorkuta wrote:Urist vs. FC. No. Just. No. Alcohol induced hyper tunneling on one side, skeptical response, followed by deescalation and '2scum4scum', followed by re escalation, followed by wagoning on the other.
I think both Urist and I are insulted by you dissuading people from reading our glorious feud.

... NOT A SCUM SLIP.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1437, foodcoats wrote:better town strategy is to try to sort out who, within the group of all players excluding Yyotta
So are we looking for 1 person (her scum partner)? That would arguably be someone trying to keep her safe until come D-3 and they need lynchbait.
Or 2 people? In which case do we just outright clear her, and allow her to reign supreme in the conf!town tier of our readlists?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:33 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1442, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1437, foodcoats wrote:better town strategy is to try to sort out who, within the group of all players excluding Yyotta
So are we looking for 1 person (her scum partner)? That would arguably be someone trying to keep her safe until come D-3 and they need lynchbait.
Or 2 people? In which case do we just outright clear her, and allow her to reign supreme in the conf!town tier of our readlists?
You might be on to something here. Was there anyone who actively blocked a Yyotta lynch D1?
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:34 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1435, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1433, foodcoats wrote:URAP2, who do you think is scum right now?
that's a tough question. gonna tackle it poe style. Right now my town circle is {pin}

I'm leaning town on duck and vork

I'd like an opportunity to reevaluate you, but I don't think I'll get to that until this evening

that leaves urist and yyotta
Thanks. FWIW I lean town on Vorkuta and pin as well, scum lean on Urist and TW. You and Yyotta are null.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1441, foodcoats wrote:glorious feud
I barely had the guts to read through it the FIRST TIME (esp. given that urist was core!town in my books).
I don't think I have enough alcohol for a 2nd reread.

I mean don't get me wrong- extreme WIFOM says this COULD BE Scum v Scum and come post-game your scumchat will look like

FC- 'hey urist'
Urist- 'hey FC, imma hate you'
FC- 'ok cool, don't get caught'
Urist- 'k- no one will ever suspect us'

but no.
1% Svs
25% TvS
74% TvT
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1443, u r a person 2 wrote:Was there anyone who actively blocked a Yyotta lynch D1?
@TOWN- SPEAK UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS PLEASE.
1500 posts and 60 pages in. No way we're finding it.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:46 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

don't shy away from doing the work. you never know what you might find.

for the record, I believe I called lurker lynches a cop out on a couple of occasions D1
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:47 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1439, u r a person 2 wrote: @FC I think it would be productive if you want to go through possible partners of scum!Yyotta
I think I thought of something, but I'm going to let some other people speak for a bit.
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:48 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1447, u r a person 2 wrote:for the record, I believe I called lurker lynches a cop out on a couple of occasions D1
Yeah I also opposed a Yyotta lynch in some way or other at several points for the same reason I'm opposed to it now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”