AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2542, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2536, AlmostNancy wrote:When does town!Shoshin ever ignore the extremely confident reads of a dead townie?
Remember when I let a confirmed townie die because I thought their reads were wrong? You know better than to wonder why I'm ignoring the reads of a dead townie. Why are you questioning me for things you shouldn't ever be questioning me for?
Because A) you’re voting for someone who actually tried to stop a mislynch. In what world am I scum here, Shoshin? I know you’re better than this. Your town meta speaks for itself.

B) you’re completely ignoring NM’s extremely confident reads. It’s not like you actually seriously considered it and LOGICALLY decided against it, you won’t even consider the possibility for a nanosecond.

C) Labrynth Shoshin, wouldn’t dig her head in the sand like this.

If you are actually town here, you’ve lost all my respect as a player with decent reads.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Shoshin: She seemed convinced that her meta townread on N_M was valid. I can definitely chalk that down to confirmation bias (given that I disagreed with the reasoning itself). Also, if she were scum, you'd think that she'd be just making empty "he's town" posts, for the credit. My impression was that she really really wanted to stop the lynch. I don't think she is scummy.

Also, all this is irrelevant, because Performer is by far the scummiest player this game.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2549, Shoshin wrote:the worst, Nancy is scum. Please trust me on this.
I actually think you may possibly be clueless town here afterall because you wouldn’t want to be responsible for pushing 2 mislynches back to back.

Because, no one in this game will townread you after my flip. So if you’re actually town here, you don’t want to be the 3rd mislynch following me, I hope?

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Scum try to stop mislynches all the time, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

The questions I'm asking are why Nancy townread NM, does her reasoning fit with her way of thinking as town, and why is she throwing shade at my slot based on a behavior that she knows I do as town (i.e. ignoring the reads of dead townies).
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2551, Mitillos wrote:@Shoshin: She seemed convinced that her meta townread on N_M was valid. I can definitely chalk that down to confirmation bias (given that I disagreed with the reasoning itself). Also, if she were scum, you'd think that she'd be just making empty "he's town" posts, for the credit. My impression was that she really really wanted to stop the lynch. I don't think she is scummy.
No, I don't think Nancy would just make empty "he's town" posts. Those don't give credit to anyone? Especially not in this playerlist. Most of us are a bit more sophisticated thinkers than that.

Why was she convined NM was town? Was her reasoning something she's likely to believe as town? I understand that you think it's possible she's town. I'm saying it's unlikely. Why are you defending her when nothing you're saying has any inkling of town?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm actually not so sure on scum!Nancy right now. The townread on NM had a lot of conviction and I'd be kind of surprised if she opened d2 as scum by trying to push both of us via dead town's reads as opposed to just trying to pocket us and go with the flow.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2551, Mitillos wrote:@Shoshin: She seemed convinced that her meta townread on N_M was valid. I can definitely chalk that down to confirmation bias (given that I disagreed with the reasoning itself). Also, if she were scum, you'd think that she'd be just making empty "he's town" posts, for the credit. My impression was that she really really wanted to stop the lynch. I don't think she is scummy.

Also, all this is irrelevant, because Performer is by far the scummiest player this game.
Shoshin’s vote on me and push, is really suspicious. No way does she really believe I’m scum here. She’s either scum herself or pocketed.

But no way Labrynth Shoshin ever scumreads me here.

I’m having a really bad feeling that this may not be an omgus and Shoshin might actually be scum here.

Shoshin,
Why else do you vote the person who tries to stop the mislynch?

Why would scum!me ever do that?

Have you read Heroes?

I’m not convinced NM was wrong and that is the main reason I townread him, that and he actually was freaking scumhunting, even if you’re too goddamned blind to see it!

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2552, AlmostNancy wrote:
I actually think you may possibly be clueless town here afterall because you wouldn’t want to be responsible for pushing 2 mislynches back to back.

Because, no one in this game will townread you after my flip. So if you’re actually town here, you don’t want to be the 3rd mislynch following me, I hope?
Are you townreading this defense, the worst? It's entirely fear-based reasoning (i.e. "don't lynch me because when I flip town you're going to be mislynched too"). Extremely manipulative.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2554, Shoshin wrote:
No, I don't think Nancy would just make empty "he's town" posts. Those don't give credit to anyone? Especially not in this playerlist. Most of us are a bit more sophisticated thinkers than that.

Why was she convined NM was town? Was her reasoning something she's likely to believe as town? I understand that you think it's possible she's town. I'm saying it's unlikely. Why are you defending her when nothing you're saying has any inkling of town?
Because you were right about NM, right? :roll:

Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Shoshin: I can answer why she townread N_M, and I already did (because she already explained it, herself). I cannot answer whether her reasoning fits her town meta. As for throwing shade at your slot, tempers are high, what with us lynching a doctor. I can accept such things as coming from town generally. If Nancy is not capable of these things as town, that's another story, but I don't have the meta for this suggestion.
When I made reference to empty "he's town" posts, I didn't mean just those words. I meant half-hearted non-effort at explaining or defending N_M. I'm defending her because I think that your reasoning for scumreading her is fallacious. I don't like fallacious reasoning. I don't like fallacious reasoning even when it comes to a conclusion I agree with. In fact, as town I once defended another player against fallacious accusations, and made my own case against him in the same post (and caught a lot of flak for doing this).

@AlNan: No, I honestly don't think there is anything there indicating Shoshin-scum. Her attack on you can easily come from town, and is not completely unreasonable. I just think that you're town and that she's honestly mistaken.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2557, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2552, AlmostNancy wrote:

Are you townreading this defense, the worst? It's entirely fear-based reasoning (i.e. "don't lynch me because when I flip town you're going to be mislynched too"). Extremely manipulative.
No, I’m talking about FACTS. Because I don’t know where your fucking head is this game but I actually don’t want town to lose. I don’t even know what you care about wrt this game but it sure af isn’t about town winning this.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2559, Mitillos wrote:@Shoshin: I can answer why she townread N_M, and I already did (because she already explained it, herself). I cannot answer whether her reasoning fits her town meta. As for throwing shade at your slot, tempers are high, what with us lynching a doctor. I can accept such things as coming from town generally. If Nancy is not capable of these things as town, that's another story, but I don't have the meta for this suggestion.
When I made reference to empty "he's town" posts, I didn't mean just those words. I meant half-hearted non-effort at explaining or defending N_M. I'm defending her because I think that your reasoning for scumreading her is fallacious. I don't like fallacious reasoning. I don't like fallacious reasoning even when it comes to a conclusion I agree with. In fact, as town I once defended another player against fallacious accusations, and made my own case against him in the same post (and caught a lot of flak for doing this).

@AlNan: No, I honestly don't think there is anything there indicating Shoshin-scum. Her attack on you can easily come from town, and is not completely unreasonable. I just think that you're town and that she's honestly mistaken.
Maybe, because it would be beyond foolish for her to risk this as scum. The thing is, that she had such brilliant reads in Labrynth and I honestly don’t know wtf happened to those in THIS game. She is usually way better than this.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Like, let's recap the end of D1. You've got multiple townies pushing NM (me, Irrelephant, the worst, Nauci). There's no scum on the wagon at this point. With a bunch of strong town voices pushing NM, why would scum vote him? Why not let town implode on itself while townreading him? That's my first thought looking back. So I'm looking to see who was avoiding the wagon and why. Performer/Mew/Creature were voting Creature. I don't see those players actually defending NM, though. They're not looking for town credit. Then there's Koki. He's throwing out townreads on NM, in the same way he tends to play as either alignment. It's null for him. And then there's Nancy, strongly calling NM ton for reasons that don't square at all with her normal way of thinking as town. It's completley out of character for her. And then she opens D2 suddenly trying to discredit me for the rest of the game because of one mislynch and casting suspicion on me for things that she'd never suspect me for as town (i.e. ignoring NM's reads). To me, that feels like scum who is trying to take advantage of the fact that they townread a mislynched player while trying to create more mislynching options among players who were strongly townread on D1. It's the ideal scum strategy of breaking up the strong town core of myself, the worst, Nauci, especially now that Irrelephant is dead and he's not around to defend me anymore.

That's where I'm at. I have a difficult time ever seeing Nancy flip town here. If nobody wants to lynch her until LYLO, fine, whatever. I'll be pushing her until she's dead.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2562, Shoshin wrote:Like, let's recap the end of D1. You've got multiple townies pushing NM (me, Irrelephant, the worst, Nauci). There's no scum on the wagon at this point. With a bunch of strong town voices pushing NM, why would scum vote him? Why not let town implode on itself while townreading him? That's my first thought looking back. So I'm looking to see who was avoiding the wagon and why. Performer/Mew/Creature were voting Creature. I don't see those players actually defending NM, though. They're not looking for town credit. Then there's Koki. He's throwing out townreads on NM, in the same way he tends to play as either alignment. It's null for him. And then there's Nancy, strongly calling NM ton for reasons that don't square at all with her normal way of thinking as town. It's completley out of character for her. And then she opens D2 suddenly trying to discredit me for the rest of the game because of one mislynch and casting suspicion on me for things that she'd never suspect me for as town (i.e. ignoring NM's reads). To me, that feels like scum who is trying to take advantage of the fact that they townread a mislynched player while trying to create more mislynching options among players who were strongly townread on D1. It's the ideal scum strategy of breaking up the strong town core of myself, the worst, Nauci, especially now that Irrelephant is dead and he's not around to defend me anymore.

That's where I'm at. I have a difficult time ever seeing Nancy flip town here. If nobody wants to lynch her until LYLO, fine, whatever. I'll be pushing her until she's dead.
DW, I will be but it probably won’t be due to being mislynched.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by the worst »

Shoshin is basically never scum here but I'm also starting to think I should probably be townreading Nancy as well.

VOTE: Performer
guessing we can't lynch Kokichi?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

Shoshin, if you’re really town here, then get your head out of your ass, and stop being freaking anti-town by townlocking the D1 mislynch strongest scumread and actually fucking THINK for even a goddamned second, that you could possibly be wrong. You were wrong on NM and I and Kokichi and Skitter, were RIGT, so,why the hell are you not listening?

When is town/or decent scumhunting Shoshin, ever get hopelessly stuck in this degree of tunnel vision?

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2564, the worst wrote:Shoshin is basically never scum here but I'm also starting to think I should probably be townreading Nancy as well.
Why is she town?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Didn’t expect Relly and Creature to die... but think their deaths help out our PoE.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2567, Keyser Söze wrote:Didn’t expect Relly and Creature to die... but think their deaths help out our PoE.
No, they don't.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2564, the worst wrote:Shoshin is basically never scum here but I'm also starting to think I should probably be townreading Nancy as well.

Why Performer over Mew?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2537, Xtoxm wrote:I mean I'm assuming Mewtaph is the odd night vig. He might as well claim if so, it's that obvious...
Why are people trying to rush this vote? Before we might possibly get some valuable information to help possibly solve this game?

I don’t know if Mewtaph is vig but not everyone has even freaking posted yet. Why the hell are we rushing into what could possibly be another mislynch?

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2566, Shoshin wrote:
Why is she town?
Because, I’m not being freaking anti-town like you apparently - for God only knows what reason? :roll:

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2566, Shoshin wrote:
Why is she town?
More that this start to day two doesn't read like scum!her. She's a lot less aggressive and more pockety--i get that shooting Rel then tunnelling {you, me, Varsoon} is a good way to break up the PoE but I'm pretty sure Nancy realises as scum that she doesn't have the towncred to actually successfully pull it off. The way she's fighting you here is also pretty full of conviction (which she can fake to an extent but I don't think she sounds this good as scum unless she's on her A++ game).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2569, Shoshin wrote:

Why Performer over Mew?
I Mew to check in wrt the odd night vig call first.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

I wouldn’t jump on Performer so quick.

Yes, he deserves scrutiny for the hammer-without-roleclaim, but no quicklynch please.

Im actually more curious to look at the people ‘hard’ town reading NM yesterday instead.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”