AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2622, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2612, AlmostNancy wrote: The main problem with Shoshin’s argument, is obviously there’s at least 3 scum in the game but in MU Greek Mythology game, I stupidly stopped the lynch on godfather Batman, only to be rewarded with a N1 NK.
That game isn't remotely comparable, the biggest differences being the strength of Irrelephant's townread on me, Irrelephant's extensive knowledge of my meta, his willingness to follow my reads in most cases, and the fact that he had already claimed a non-threatening role to the scum. If I were scum, I never kill him here.

The existence of three scum is irrelevant. Scum do what wins them the game. If a player townreads scum to the extent that Irrelephant townread me, a player who already claimed a non-threatening role to the scum, scum probably leave that player alive on N1. Whoever killed Irrelephant found him threatening enough to think that it was worth killing him over trying to kill a potential power role (investigative, protective, etc.). The likely reason for Irrelephant's death is that he correctly scumread at least one of the scum, and/or scum have a protective role (bulletproof, doctor, or whatever) that they feared would be lynched today and they wanted to kill Irrelephant while they had the chance. Whatever the case, it's never me.

Like, think about Labyrinth mafia. Why didn't scum ever kill you despite being confirmed town? Because you townread the scum. There's exceptions to that general rule, but not in a case like this where Irrelephant townread me to the extent he did. It's odd that you're discounting that and immediately assuming I'm scum for pushing you a bit.
Okay, maybe A50 is wrong. He is doing all of this stupid meming because he was NK’d so early in his most recent games. We have an extremely different playstyles.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2624, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2619, Kokichi Oma wrote:AlNan you're quickly gaining scum equity. Need you to be towny.
I don’t know what you want me to say, other than that I am 100% flipping town here and how am I “quickly gaining scum equity”? THINK Kokichi, in what world am I possibly scum in this game?
This one
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Spiderverse was really good, probably one of my favorite animated movies ever made.

Also, some shit happened that's really soured me on playing mafia so I might just replace out here since I'm having trouble keeping up. :/
@MOD: V/LA until after New Years.
I'll be around but
eh.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2615, the worst wrote:
In post 2610, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2600, the worst wrote:I feel like I've been really transparent about my read on you and my issues with reading you this game. I agree that your defence of NM was pingy but I still think I'd actually be really surprised to see this start of day from scum!you.

I don't have time to sit in front of a PC and logically lay out a case on my read trajectory on you. If you want something more can you let me know what you're after?
In what way was it “pingy”?

You mean at the time or post-flip?
Mostly preflip but it's not overwhelmingly wolfy, just made me think to re-check it if NM did indeed flip town (=> see if it looked like t/s t/t etc.)
I am sure, I am not getting anywhere near endgame after today. Unless I’m actually mislynched or wrong about the next one. I’m okay with that.

I feel confident that Skitter and Mitilos and maybe Nauci are town here.

So, when I flip, I will be one dead townie who’s reads shouldn’t be ignored.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2626, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 2624, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2619, Kokichi Oma wrote:AlNan you're quickly gaining scum equity. Need you to be towny.
I don’t know what you want me to say
, other than that I am 100% flipping town here and how am I “quickly gaining scum equity”? THINK Kokichi, in what world am I possibly scum in this game?
This one
???

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2622, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2612, AlmostNancy wrote: The main problem with Shoshin’s argument, is obviously there’s at least 3 scum in the game but in MU Greek Mythology game, I stupidly stopped the lynch on godfather Batman, only to be rewarded with a N1 NK.
That game isn't remotely comparable, the biggest differences being the strength of Irrelephant's townread on me, Irrelephant's extensive knowledge of my meta, his willingness to follow my reads in most cases, and the fact that he had already claimed a non-threatening role to the scum. If I were scum, I never kill him here.

The existence of three scum is irrelevant. Scum do what wins them the game. If a player townreads scum to the extent that Irrelephant townread me, a player who already claimed a non-threatening role to the scum, scum probably leave that player alive on N1. Whoever killed Irrelephant found him threatening enough to think that it was worth killing him over trying to kill a potential power role (investigative, protective, etc.). The likely reason for Irrelephant's death is that he correctly scumread at least one of the scum, and/or scum have a protective role (bulletproof, doctor, or whatever) that they feared would be lynched today and they wanted to kill Irrelephant while they had the chance. Whatever the case, it's never me.

Like, think about Labyrinth mafia. Why didn't scum ever kill you despite being confirmed town? Because you townread the scum. There's exceptions to that general rule, but not in a case like this where Irrelephant townread me to the extent he did. It's odd that you're discounting that and immediately assuming I'm scum for pushing you a bit.
Shoshin, the reason for his death, was he was pretty much unlynchable. Do you know how many scum I have been NK’d for wrongly town-reading?

I just told you that I got NK’d in a game, on the very same night I stupidly hard defended and basically stopped the wagon on godfather scum because scum knew, I was locktown by play.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

Okay, I think Mitilos may be right about Shoshin.

I still think I’m right about her not being open enough to all possiblities though and I’m sorry, I just don’t want to wait until we’re on the verge of losing for that to happen.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Shoshin often gets tunnel vision, but usually thinks through their reads quite a lot.

Actually.
@Shoshin: I thought you didn't mislynch people?
What's the deal?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Performer »

Creat & Irrel died? This is simply bizarre. Also, was not expecting Creat to flip green.

Regarding the "I can't believe Perf hammered," that was since NM was getting run up, we had less than 6 hours left, he clearly wasn't cooperating with us.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Best part about Irre dying is him seeing I'm town in dead thread
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

that lynch was awful even though it was on not_mafia, and he absolutely should have been given a chance to claim, again even though it was not_mafia (@performer)

i suspect scum were on it, and the fact that the mewtaph wagon was growing a bit before the not_mafia wagon took over makes me more suspicous of mew

kokichi specifiying that he becomes an ic at the end of day2 i find incredibly sketchy (what does that mean even? he's a night2 ic? functionally a day3 ic? why did he not know that to begin with?)

i'm half of a mind to vote him now; not sure if i want to go down that rabbithole rn tho. if he isn't literally conftown this time tomorrow he absolutely should be lynched tomorrow.

the votes i'm suspicous of are: mewtaph's, varsoon's, and performer's.

nauci is maybe? town. idk

i'm kinda suspicous of almostnancy too

i'm a little confused about how irrel died? can a doc or something heal someone from a pgo-shot? or would like a bp (scum/vig/sk/whatever) not die if they visited him?

also if you're town and shot creature you should feel bad; and if you're town and shot irrel you should feel bad; both were obviously town

also i'm curious by the fact that both flips specify that their kill-flavor is bullets - is there a killing role whose kill flavor is *not* bullets?

ok i'm going to read through now
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2635, skitter30 wrote:i'm half of a mind to vote him now
Yes you would have to have half a mind to vote me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2632, Varsoon wrote:@Shoshin: I thought you didn't mislynch people?
What's the deal?
Knew this was coming... I never said I don't mislynch, I just didn't in the game you think I lost us and I didn't in Labyrinth (so Nancy is temporarily forgiven for expecting better). Yes, I was wrong about NM. I saw reasons to townread him but ignored them over the reasons to scumread him, so it's my bad.

That said, I don't think that means I'm suddenly wrong about my overall take on the game. I'm reevaluating but my top townreads are still town, and Irrelephant's death strengthens those reads on the worst and Nauci. This game feels like American Presidents, where we were onto scum on D1 but ended up mislynching, but by D2 we had scum narrowed down enough to win.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2634, Kokichi Oma wrote:Best part about Irre dying is him seeing I'm town in dead thread
Anyone in this game - including scum - could make this statement.

As town, you shouldn’t be happy about a townie dying - even if you think they were wrongly scumreading you.

This is pinging me a bit. Hmmm . . .

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2634, Kokichi Oma wrote:Best part about Irre dying is him seeing I'm town in dead thread
This actually feels townish, though Koki is good enough to fake it.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I don't think it should ping scum.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2636, Kokichi Oma wrote:
But when I say something similar to this, it’s somehow scummy?

Double standard much?

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2640, Shoshin wrote:I don't think it should ping scum.
You’re missing the point. He quoted a very similar post by me and implied it was scummy. It’s the hypocrisy part of it, which pinged me.

Xtoxm derping about getting “brownie points” in dead thread, that’s townie.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2642, AlmostNancy wrote:You’re missing the point. He quoted a very similar post by me and implied it was scummy. It’s the hypocrisy part of it, which pinged me.
I dunno. Hypocrisy is usually town unless there's a clear scum motive.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2643, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2642, AlmostNancy wrote:You’re missing the point. He quoted a very similar post by me and implied it was scummy. It’s the hypocrisy part of it, which pinged me.
I dunno. Hypocrisy is usually town unless there's a clear scum motive.
Why is it usually town?

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2504, Xtoxm wrote:That hammer was the scummiest thing I've seen this game.

I'm comfortable to place a vote here.

VOTE: performer
i mean it was fairly close to deadline

but he absolutely should have given intent and tried to get a claim

==
In post 2508, Nauci wrote:Other possibility is that there was an odd-night town vig who shot our even night vig because he was in a lot of people's POE pool :/
why a vig would shoot creature is beyond me; he was pretty obviously town for him and in liike ... three people's poe pool. if a vig was trying to shoot in a poe pool they should have shot mew or xtoxm or performer or somethign

==
In post 2529, the worst wrote:That's what's doing my head in about NM's townflip. Like he genuinely cared about those reads but I haven't seen him tunnelled on me as scum d1 like that (and I'm also coming around on Varsoon being town)...especially like over one post? When he first said it I was like "hey maybe this is town!NM" but when he refused to elaborate or reconsider anything I assumed he just randomly picked us.
i think he was being a troll
In post 2539, the worst wrote:viewtopic.php?t=75184&f=54&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

The way he randomly tunnelled someone who is pretty clearly town reminded me of his Mathdino tunnel this time we played together by end of day. He's definitely trolled this way as scum before.
i thought you were townreading him at eod

==

also my mitillos townread has weakened

==

is it usual for town!nancy to have god-awful reads and to be completely clueless about the gamestate?
i'm only kinda skimming her posts; i find them very ate-y and rather annoying

==
In post 2585, AlmostNancy wrote:can you please lynch Koki & Shoshin after we flip?
a50, you (ie not nancy) need to explain the shoshin scumread

==
i'm strongly considering it
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by the worst »

@skitter, kinda? Like I saw some NM towntells in there but I've also seen him do that stuff as scum so I wasn't feeling all that strongly about the towntells I was seeing. Ngl if I was outright townreading NM I would have yelled and tried to steer the wagon elsewhere.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2645, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2504, Xtoxm wrote:That hammer was the scummiest thing I've seen this game.

I'm comfortable to place a vote here.

VOTE: performer
i mean it was fairly close to deadline

but he absolutely should have given intent and tried to get a claim

==
In post 2508, Nauci wrote:Other possibility is that there was an odd-night town vig who shot our even night vig because he was in a lot of people's POE pool :/
why a vig would shoot creature is beyond me; he was pretty obviously town for him and in liike ... three people's poe pool. if a vig was trying to shoot in a poe pool they should have shot mew or xtoxm or performer or somethign

==
In post 2529, the worst wrote:That's what's doing my head in about NM's townflip. Like he genuinely cared about those reads but I haven't seen him tunnelled on me as scum d1 like that (and I'm also coming around on Varsoon being town)...especially like over one post? When he first said it I was like "hey maybe this is town!NM" but when he refused to elaborate or reconsider anything I assumed he just randomly picked us.
i think he was being a troll
In post 2539, the worst wrote:viewtopic.php?t=75184&f=54&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

The way he randomly tunnelled someone who is pretty clearly town reminded me of his Mathdino tunnel this time we played together by end of day. He's definitely trolled this way as scum before.
i thought you were townreading him at eod

==

also my mitillos townread has weakened

==

is it usual for town!nancy to have god-awful reads and to be completely clueless about the gamestate?
i'm only kinda skimming her posts; i find them very ate-y and rather annoying

==
In post 2585, AlmostNancy wrote:can you please lynch Koki & Shoshin after we flip?
a50, you (ie not nancy) need to explain the shoshin scumread

==
i'm strongly considering it
I plan to requote portions of this post-game.

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2635, skitter30 wrote:also i'm curious by the fact that both flips specify that their kill-flavor is bullets - is there a killing role whose kill flavor is *not* bullets?

ok i'm going to read through now
Yeah I haven't fully been able to catch up either.

But I am thinking because the flavor specified bullets and at least one flip mentioned something about not only bullets. So , I theorize there could be a role out there that doesn't use bullets?
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2632, Varsoon wrote:I thought you didn't mislynch people?
What's the deal?
...What kind of question is this ?
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”