Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Krazy »

Votecount 2.2

Performer(4)
~ (12), (3), (4), (18)

AlmostNancy(1)
~ (31)

Not Voting (7): Keyser Söze(6), Mewtaph(0), skitter30(2), Kokichi Oma(18), Varsoon(2), AlmostNancy(57), Performer(3)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-23 13:53:48)

MOD REMINDERSMewtaph has yet to post this dayphase.

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
vote conspiracy
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2638, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2634, Kokichi Oma wrote:Best part about Irre dying is him seeing I'm town in dead thread
Anyone in this game - including scum - could make this statement.

As town, you shouldn’t be happy about a townie dying - even if you think they were wrongly scumreading you.

This is pinging me a bit. Hmmm . . .
This is awful. Your scum equity keeps rising.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2562, Shoshin wrote:Performer/Mew/Creature were voting Creature. I don't see those players actually defending NM, though. They're not looking for town credit. Then there's Koki. He's throwing out townreads on NM, in the same way he tends to play as either alignment. It's null for him. And then there's Nancy, strongly calling NM ton for reasons that don't square at all with her normal way of thinking as town. It's completley out of character for her. And then she opens D2 suddenly trying to discredit me for the rest of the game because of one mislynch and casting suspicion on me for things that she'd never suspect me for as town (i.e. ignoring NM's reads). To me, that feels like scum who is trying to take advantage of the fact that they townread a mislynched player while trying to create more mislynching options among players who were strongly townread on D1. It's the ideal scum strategy of breaking up the strong town core of myself, the worst, Nauci, especially now that Irrelephant is dead and he's not around to defend me anymore.

That's where I'm at. I have a difficult time ever seeing Nancy flip town here. If nobody wants to lynch her until LYLO, fine, whatever. I'll be pushing her until she's dead.
Been rereading the last few pgs and I can agree on some of the thought process here. But I wasn't voting creat & I think creat unvoted .
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2639, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2634, Kokichi Oma wrote:Best part about Irre dying is him seeing I'm town in dead thread
This actually feels townish, though Koki is good enough to fake it.
I can fake it. At best its NAI. Which is why I think its scummy by Alnan
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2524, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 2523, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2519, Nauci wrote:Why assume another vig instead of an sk?

Like I hope there are still tpr but I think every other night stuff is usually to balance roles and have hardly ever seen there be even and odd for the same thing
How does scum kill a PGO and still live then?
If we think creature got vigged, which seems the most likely option, then town has 3 different killing roles. Scum would surely have a protective of their own in this case, and opted to remove the pgo before they risk their protective getting lynched. I suppose it's theoretically possible the odd night vig killed irre and had protection from the odd night doc, but this seems less likely to me.

I'm sad that one of my 2 solid reads in this game appears to have been vigged.
This is absurd

There's no way that there's 4 killing roles? We could've had decided lylo or something lol
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2525, AlmostNancy wrote:then why would scum kill Creature
Scum frequently hunt for to n1
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2537, Xtoxm wrote:I mean I'm assuming Mewtaph is the odd night vig. He might as well claim if so, it's that obvious...
???
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2538, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2535, Shoshin wrote:I was wrong. Get over it.
If you mean, I’ll be ignoring your reads in this game, show me why tf I shouldn’t?

You help push through a mislynch - one that Kokichi and I told you would flip green and now, you inexplicably townlock that mislynch’s strongest scumread?

:facepalm:
???

She and others have town locked tw for a long time

Also I'm not sure if most people have ever put that much stock in NM's reads :/

But this game did teach me a little on how to read him I think

I just assume he's kinda trolling most of the time to preserve his impossible to read meta
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2583, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2580, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1951, skitter30 wrote: i don't really have a reason for not_mafia either way; he's *slightly* on the townie side of null but i always want him resolved before lylo

like i wont' object to his lynch, but i wont' particularly go out of my way to make it happen tho; i feel like lynching not_mafia is kinda like a *disappointing* ending to a day this long and would prefer to lynch someone i actually think is scummy tho
This is how I would have expected town Nancy to react to NM if she thought he was townish. Compared with Skitter, Nancy's certainty that NM was going to flip town just doesn't make any sense.
Because Shoshin, I agreed with NM. I honestly don’t think the worst is town here. Another reason, why I unvoted Performer. Something is really off about him this game. NM could see it and I think Performer too.

I can read town!theworst. And I honestly don’t think this is him. You really aren’t as good at reading people like you think. I too thought NM was trolling initially when he made that ridiculous Irrelephant11 vote but his tw vote was neither bad nor petty. You said he wasn’t scumhunting and you were clearly wrong about that. I tried to tell you, so, did Kokichi and Skitter but you just ignored it and I’ll be damned, if I’m going to allow you to lose this game for us, due to mistaken tunnel vision.
In post 2585, AlmostNancy wrote:Hey, guys.. A50 here.

can you please lynch Koki & Shoshin after we flip?

Also, tw is very likely town despite of Nancy not liking his play.

Please remember to lynch Koki & Shoshin after we are confirmed. Thank you.

Over to you, Nancy.
I don't get it. One post is saying one thing and the other tells us something else??...
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2538, AlmostNancy wrote:You help push through a mislynch - one that Kokichi and I told you would flip green and now
I can't fathom your motivation or perspective for declaring so confidently that NM was town, or that there's something dramatically telling about whether or not someone's day 1 read on an infamously unreadable player. Town aren't afraid to mislynch; it's a matter of how hard we tried to figure out who was scum, even if we're not wrong?

Like, aren't scum more likely to be on successful d1 scum lynches than town lynches?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2657, Nauci wrote:I just assume he's kinda trolling
Nm was scummy as hell.
I dont think he was trolling though . I need reevaluate his 2 ending reads .

I need to reevaluate a lot of things because I sure was wrong about nm .
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2550, AlmostNancy wrote:you’re voting for someone who actually tried to stop a mislynch
1: so many lynches were on the table yesterday that arguing dramatically against any one of them wouldn't at all mean there wouldn't be a mislynch of someone else

2: scum usually keep NM and other lynchbaity players alive for longer because it gives them lots of cover, and especially try to drive paranoia about townier people in earlier days
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2550, AlmostNancy wrote:B) you’re completely ignoring NM’s extremely confident reads. It’s not like you actually seriously considered it and LOGICALLY decided against it, you won’t even consider the possibility for a nanosecond.
Have you not played with NM much?

Like, you'd have to link me several games where NM tunneled people as town and was accurate

It'd have to outnumber the times he tunneled people as scum for me to understand why you think it's so ridiculous for people to have scum read him yesterday AND that we should put so much weight into his reads as town
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2551, Mitillos wrote:Performer is by far the scummiest player this game.
Is this based just on those 2 awful votes or other stuff in his posts? If the latter, what stuff?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2556, AlmostNancy wrote:She’s either scum herself or pocketed.
I've seen town shoshin appear to tunnel town hard until something finally convinced her otherwise though
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2557, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2552, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2549, Shoshin wrote:the worst, Nancy is scum. Please trust me on this.
I actually think you may possibly be clueless town here afterall because you wouldn’t want to be responsible for pushing 2 mislynches back to back.

Because, no one in this game will townread you after my flip. So if you’re actually town here, you don’t want to be the 3rd mislynch following me, I hope?
Are you townreading this defense, the worst? It's entirely fear-based reasoning (i.e. "don't lynch me because when I flip town you're going to be mislynched too"). Extremely manipulative.
I think that so many of her posts have had this sort of AtE nature that it's a playstyle thing
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2559, Mitillos wrote:@Shoshin: I can answer why she townread N_M, and I already did (because she already explained it, herself). I cannot answer whether her reasoning fits her town meta. As for throwing shade at your slot, tempers are high, what with us lynching a doctor. I can accept such things as coming from town generally. If Nancy is not capable of these things as town, that's another story, but I don't have the meta for this suggestion.
When I made reference to empty "he's town" posts, I didn't mean just those words. I meant half-hearted non-effort at explaining or defending N_M. I'm defending her because I think that your reasoning for scumreading her is fallacious. I don't like fallacious reasoning. I don't like fallacious reasoning even when it comes to a conclusion I agree with. In fact, as town I once defended another player against fallacious accusations, and made my own case against him in the same post (and caught a lot of flak for doing this).

@AlNan: No, I honestly don't think there is anything there indicating Shoshin-scum. Her attack on you can easily come from town, and is not completely unreasonable. I just think that you're town and that she's honestly mistaken.
You and reundo need to play together

(That's a compliment)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2562, Shoshin wrote:Like, let's recap the end of D1. You've got multiple townies pushing NM (me, Irrelephant, the worst, Nauci). There's no scum on the wagon at this point. With a bunch of strong town voices pushing NM, why would scum vote him? Why not let town implode on itself while townreading him? That's my first thought looking back. So I'm looking to see who was avoiding the wagon and why. Performer/Mew/Creature were voting Creature. I don't see those players actually defending NM, though. They're not looking for town credit. Then there's Koki. He's throwing out townreads on NM, in the same way he tends to play as either alignment. It's null for him. And then there's Nancy, strongly calling NM ton for reasons that don't square at all with her normal way of thinking as town. It's completley out of character for her. And then she opens D2 suddenly trying to discredit me for the rest of the game because of one mislynch and casting suspicion on me for things that she'd never suspect me for as town (i.e. ignoring NM's reads). To me, that feels like scum who is trying to take advantage of the fact that they townread a mislynched player while trying to create more mislynching options among players who were strongly townread on D1. It's the ideal scum strategy of breaking up the strong town core of myself, the worst, Nauci, especially now that Irrelephant is dead and he's not around to defend me anymore.

That's where I'm at. I have a difficult time ever seeing Nancy flip town here. If nobody wants to lynch her until LYLO, fine, whatever. I'll be pushing her until she's dead.
IDK if Nancy is scum but shoshin is town here, final answer
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2567, Keyser Söze wrote:Didn’t expect Relly and Creature to die... but think their deaths help out our PoE.
Did literally anyone have Irrelephant in their poe
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2645, skitter30 wrote:i'm strongly considering it
I double dog dare you
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2644, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2643, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2642, AlmostNancy wrote:You’re missing the point. He quoted a very similar post by me and implied it was scummy. It’s the hypocrisy part of it, which pinged me.
I dunno. Hypocrisy is usually town unless there's a clear scum motive.
Why is it usually town?
Scum tend to be more self-conscious of what they're doing, which tends to make them more self-aware of acting hypocritically. Scum act hypocritically when they're pushing an agenda, but otherwise hypocrisy usually comes from town.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2664, Nauci wrote:I've seen town shoshin appear to tunnel town hard until something finally convinced her otherwise though
Yeah, pretty much. I push a lot of things that I don't actually believe in with the intent of testing reactions & refining reads across the board.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2578, AlmostNancy wrote:You know who else had conviction? NM. *mic drop*
You have some awful lines of logic

Not everyone is NM. Not everyone behaves or thinks like NM. Shoshin or TW or you having conviction means something entirely different than a player who is as readable as tea leaves

It's like all of your posts have the logic of saying Burt Reynolds must be a Nazi because you know who else had a moustache? Hitler.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2588, the worst wrote:I think this is the most obvtown I've been except maybe for out synergy in Labyrinth?
Don't know anything about labyrinth but this is the towniest that you have ever towned

And I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of scum you after having managed to dunk it that many times :lol:
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2585, AlmostNancy wrote:Hey, guys.. A50 here.

can you please lynch Koki & Shoshin after we flip?

Also, tw is very likely town despite of Nancy not liking his play.

Please remember to lynch Koki & Shoshin after we are confirmed. Thank you.

Over to you, Nancy.
It's pretty odd that A50 is suddenly calling for my lynch. It's also odd that he's this worried about getting lynched when I'm the only person voting their slot and everyone I've interacted with up to this point was defending them against me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”