Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Do you want to vote? That would leave the decision up to Flicker, since Alonzo won't lynch himself.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Also, I'm curious why you aren't going after me right now. What changed from yesterday?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Alonzo makes just as much sense if not more sense to be scum over you.

Alonzo/Trekkie team made sense to be lurking. When you were voting me, I really felt like they were gonna come in and end the game, which they probably were.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Flicker is conf town because of the role cop flip proving we are in the second column.

I’m going to want some more time to think over which of you two is scum, but I’m leaning Alonzo. 2nd flipping on me rather than pushing me was townie. Alonzo has been semi fence sitting all game.

Also, I had a read earlier that stated I thought that Emperor and Alonzo has 1 scum within them.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 653, Flavor Leaf wrote:Flicker is conf town because of the role cop flip proving we are in the second column.

I’m going to want some more time to think over which of you two is scum, but I’m leaning Alonzo. 2nd flipping on me rather than pushing me was townie. Alonzo has been semi fence sitting all game.

Also, I had a read earlier that stated I thought that Emperor and Alonzo has 1 scum within them.
That's fine with me.

Also, note to Flicker, please abstain from voting until two out of us remaining 3 have come to a consensus. Since you are known to be town, your vote should be the last to prevent scum from hammering.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 am

Post by Alonzo »

I feel like I have a pretty open and shut case on 2sw after the last day and a half.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 653, Flavor Leaf wrote:Flicker is conf town because of the role cop flip proving we are in the second column.

Mind you Flavour Did lurk into the endgame, And accusing me of fencesitting whilst sat on a fence of his own seems like Scum! being hypocritical.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 244, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 242, Alonzo wrote:Flavour still isn't posting much....
Just like last game- townFL establishes town cred early on then backs off and kind of lurks for the remainder of D1 before the deadline
Also, Alonzo is the one to bring this up earlier, and was even given a meta argument against that.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Flicker »

I'm leaning towards Alonzo too (I mean, that's why I jailed him), but I wish I felt more confident (like, 100% sure).

I've made some notes of posts mentioning Trekkie's slot for partner-hunting, but given the slot's low activity, it's a pretty thin case. I have to get going for the night, so I'll post it tomorrow.

(Sorry, this is basically just a glorified prodge.)
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 am

Post by Alonzo »

Hows the case on the Trekkie/Alonzo scum!team coming along?

should be a great read...
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, Idk. I feel I went over everything yesterday, and nothings really changed.

Alonzo could have won the game if Trekkie was his partner if Trekkie just came online, so that sucks
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #4.1:

No lynch:
Flicker (1)

Not Voting:
Alonzo, Flavor Leaf, 2ndStoryWindow

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

V/LA:
None.

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-12-20 19:20:00)
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:08 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Well nothing much is going on here.

Flicker, I’m still waiting on your thoughts you talked about a few posts up.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 648, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 647, Flavor Leaf wrote:To be honest, it’s just kind of circular logic at that point. I don’t think it’s every not a no kill.
Agreed. Even if we did play that game, what happens on the final night if you accidentally jailkeep scum or their intended target? It's not in our interest as town to no-lynch.
I'd only ever jail Alonzo from this point forward, otherwise it doesn't do any good, like you said. I'm also gonna ask the mod to clarify the sad-ever-after rule to see how it would work if we did go with the no lynch plan.

@Mod: Can you clarify rule #7 in Miscellaneous/Mechanics? Do you mean five day/night cycles, or five days and nights back to back (so 3 days, 2 nights or vice versa), or five days in a row or five nights in a row (even with a death in between)? Or something else?

As for Trekkie partner hunting, these are the posts I pulled out:
  • , Flavor - This one feels like a little bit of an anti-associative. Like, if I had a scum chat with someone, I'd post that there, not in the main thread.
  • , Alonzo - But this is also something I might post in scum chat? IDK, this post is a little weird to me.
  • , 2ndstorywindow - "I'm not lynching a claimed doc D2" strikes me as a little bit of an odd stance. I think it made sense day 1, but I don't think you should be so hard line D2.
  • , 2ndstorywindow - This post implies there's a roleblocker, which, if it's scum!2nd, implies that scum know there's a JK, so they already knew it was me. But is that too much of a stretch?
  • , Alonzo - Possible scum coaching?
  • , Alonzo - Draws attention to Trekkie's hammer in a way that's awkward and therefore scummy?
Like I said, not a lot. I might also check the vote counts, to see who voted with who, because in general it seems like scum are reluctant to vote together.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 655, Alonzo wrote:I feel like I have a pretty open and shut case on 2sw after the last day and a half.
Would you care to post it?
In post 659, Alonzo wrote:Hows the case on the Trekkie/Alonzo scum!team coming along?

This just doesn't feel like a very towny thing to say. :?
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Flicker »

Day 1 votes:
Spoiler:
Vote Count #1.1:

Bulbazoor
:
2ndStoryWindow, Flavor Leaf,
Vorkuta
(3)
Flavor Leaf:
Alonzo,
Bulbazoor
(2)
Guten tag
:
muh316
(1)
muh316
:
Guten tag
(1)
Alonzo:
Flicker
(1)
2ndStoryWindow:
Emperor flippyNips
(1)

Vote Count #1.2:

Vorkuta
:
Flicker
muh316
(2)
Flavor Leaf:
Alonzo, 2ndStoryWindow (2)
Bulbazoor
:
Vorkuta
(1)
muh316
:
Guten tag
(1)
2ndStoryWindow:
Emperor flippyNips
(1)

Not Voting:
Flavor Leaf,
Bulbazoor

Vote Count #1.3:

Vorkuta
:
Flicker
muh316
(2)
Flavor Leaf:
Alonzo, 2ndStoryWindow (2)
muh316
:
Guten tag
Vorkuta
(2)
2ndStoryWindow:
Emperor flippyNips
(1)

Not Voting:
Bulbazoor
, Flavor Leaf

Vote Count #1.4:

Guten tag
:
Bulbazoor
, Alonzo,
Flicker
(3)
Vorkuta
:
muh316
(1)
Flavor Leaf:
2ndStoryWindow (1)
muh316
:
Vorkuta
(1)
2ndStoryWindow:
Emperor flippyNips
(1)
Alonzo:
Guten tag
(1)

Not Voting:
Flavor Leaf

Vote Count #1.5:

Vorkuta
:
muh316
(1)
Flavor Leaf:
2ndStoryWindow (1)
muh316
:
Vorkuta
(1)
Alonzo:
Guten tag
(1)

Not Voting:
Flavor Leaf, Alonzo,
Bulbazoor
Flicker
Emperor flippyNips

Vote Count #1.5:

muh316
:
Vorkuta
Bulbazoor
Flicker
(3)
Flavor Leaf:
2ndStoryWindow, Alonzo (2)
Vorkuta
:
muh316
(1)
Alonzo:
Guten tag
(1)

Not Voting:
Flavor Leaf,
Emperor flippyNips

Vote Count #1.6:

muh316
:
Bulbazoor
Flicker
Guten tag
(3)
Flavor Leaf:
2ndStoryWindow, Alonzo (2)
Emperor flippyNips
:
muh316
Vorkuta
(2)

Not Voting:
Flavor Leaf,
Emperor flippyNips

Vote Count #1.7:

muh316
:
Bulbazoor
Flicker
Guten tag
(3)
Vorkuta
:
Alonzo,
muh316
(2)
Flavor Leaf:
2ndStoryWindow (1)
Emperor flippyNips
:
Vorkuta
(1)

Not Voting:
Flavor Leaf,
Emperor flippyNips

Vote Count #1.8 (FINAL):

muh316
:
Bulbazoor,
Flicker
residentcalleddean
, Flavor Leaf, 2ndStoryWindow (5)

Vorkuta
:
Alonzo,
muh316
(2)
Emperor flippyNips
:
Vorkuta
(1)

Not Voting:
Emperor flippyNips

Day 2 votes:

Spoiler:
Vote Count #2.2:

Emperor flippyNips
:
Flicker
, Alonzo (2)
Bulbazoor
:
2ndStoryWindow (1)
Flicker
:
Flavor Leaf (1)
Flavor Leaf:
Trekkie99
(1)

Not Voting:
Emperor flippyNips
Bulbazoor

Vote Count #2.3:

Emperor flippyNips
:
Flicker
, Alonzo, 2ndStoryWindow (3)
Flicker
:
Flavor Leaf (1)
Flavor Leaf:
Trekkie99
(1)

Not Voting:
Emperor flippyNips
Bulbazoor

Vote Count #2.4 (FINAL):

Emperor flippyNips
:
Flicker
, Alonzo, 2ndStoryWindow,
Trekkie99
(4)

Flicker
:
Flavor Leaf,
Emperor flippyNips
(2)

Not Voting:
Bulbazoor

The main question I have after doing this is: was Guten bussing Alonzo D1, or was Trekkie bussing Flavor D2, or neither? Alonzo was a safe D1 bus, given no one else went after him once RVS was over; Flavor doesn't seem like as safe a bus, given IC paranoia and the votes against him D1.

Did Alonzo bus Guten back on D1? I would also think that's a bit risky, but maybe they came up with the fake claim by that point, so Alonzo would have an easy excuse to jump off and stay off.

Also, the "one scum on, one scum off wagon" theory doesn't hold, b/c Guten's holdover vote was with Flavor and 2nd, and Alonzo, 2nd, and Trekkie voted together at the end of D2. It does seem a little unlikely that the scum team would vote together both days, though, so that might clear 2nd.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 664, Flicker wrote:
In post 655, Alonzo wrote:I feel like I have a pretty open and shut case on 2sw after the last day and a half.
Would you care to post it?
In post 659, Alonzo wrote:Hows the case on the Trekkie/Alonzo scum!team coming along?

This just doesn't feel like a very towny thing to say. :?
I can pull up a few posts sure. If I sound frustrated it's because I honestly once I'm gone I don't know who to advise you jk right now, and as such I'm reluctant to say it's 100% 2sw, as I feel there's a good chance Flavour could be the sinister one, his TMI 2sw town read and his leaning towards alonzo/trekkie is bothersome.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 663, Flicker wrote:
@Mod: Can you clarify rule #7 in Miscellaneous/Mechanics? Do you mean five day/night cycles, or five days and nights back to back (so 3 days, 2 nights or vice versa), or five days in a row or five nights in a row (even with a death in between)? Or something else?
It means five consecutive phases, where either a day or a night counts as a phase. e.g. If there were no kills for the rest of the game, everyone would lose after Night 5.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

What do you mean my TMI town read?

I haven’t decided yet. I was just leaning you.

The fact you think I was “TMI town reading” 2nd makes me feel like you were feeling the pressure from thinking I was towning 2nd completely.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

That in itself is a TMI analysis from your slot.

I was leaning your way, and away from 2nd, so from your scum spot, you basically have to force a 1v1 with me and win to win this game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Mixed in with yesterday, and the feeling of Alonzo/Trekkie waiting to hammer the game to a win is still there too.

As scum, there was zero reason for me to move off of Flicker yesterDay. He was in a 1v1 with Trekkie. That was LYLO. I was getting pushed by 2nd as well, I could have just went towards that direction too.

I even cleared you and Flicker from being the team. No point in me bringing that up if nobody else was going to if I was scum.

I was also the only one advocating for not lynching FlippyNips.

Vorkuta Night 1 kill also greatly weakened my position. No reason as scum to lose my biggest advocate.

There are a plethora of reasons this game that I am town.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:11 am

Post by Alonzo »

We should still lynch today surely?
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 667, Rob14 wrote:
It means five consecutive phases, where either a day or a night counts as a phase. e.g. If there were no kills for the rest of the game, everyone would lose after Night 5.
Okay, thanks.
:]

@Flavor
- I also agree you've been pretty towny this game, but then you go and self-evaluate, and IDK why, it feels a tiny bit scummy. In fairness, I don't like self-meta that much, either from others or myself, and this feels similar to self-meta.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 672, Flicker wrote:
In post 667, Rob14 wrote:
Okay, thanks.
:]

@Flavor
- I also agree you've been pretty towny this game, but then you go and self-evaluate, and IDK why, it feels a tiny bit scummy. In fairness, I don't like self-meta that much, either from others or myself, and this feels similar to self-meta.
This isn’t analyzing, it’s me as town trying to help town understand why I am town because from my perspective, I feel everything I’ve done this game shows exactly why i’m Town, so people that could possibly try and make a scum case on me doesn’t work.

Any possible thing that people have on me is Flavor could be scum because of his tone.

That’s just my NAI tone that people are pushing as scummy because they literally have nothing else because everything I’ve done in this game
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by Flicker »

Oops, forgot to actually address the rule clarification and what it would mean for my no lynch plan.

So, we no lynch --> I jail Alonzo --> no kill --> no lynch --> I jail Alonzo again --> he's scum, we lose.
Or, no lynch --> I jail Alonzo --> no kill --> no lynch --> I jail Alonzo again --> he's not scum, whoever is scum is forced to kill or lose.

That plan feels like too big a risk at this point. (It would have been less risky if the last phase of the no-kill cycle was during the day.) I think I'm (finally) ready to end the game today, one way or another.

If everyone else would like to vote or state vote intention, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. Putting today's deadline in my ISO:
Spoiler:
(expired on 2018-12-20 19:20:00)

Pedit: Yeah, okay, but I feel like your actions speak for themselves, you don't have to keep bringing them up, that's all.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”