podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:47 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 173, bristep123 wrote:Podoboq : because it's the current issue going on right now.
Every issue is a current issue. There are less than 200 posts, and most take twenty seconds max to read.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 172, podoboq wrote:
In post 171, Mewtaph wrote:Is there any particular reason why you're willing to comment on the Gamma push here specifically over anything else that has happened in the game? Do you have any sort of stance towards me v LolWagons or me v podopoq?
This pinged me too.

bristep is very low activity, and has cherry picked a topic to comment on. I would like to know why that topic is relevant to them.
Isn’t that what I did lol
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:50 am

Post by mbaki »

Indeed it is.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So why is podoboq defending me but attacking Bri for doing the same thing
VOTE: podoboq
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:55 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 176, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 171, Mewtaph wrote:Is there any particular reason why you're willing to comment on the Gamma push here specifically over anything else that has happened in the game? Do you have any sort of stance towards me v LolWagons or me v podopoq?
This pinged me too.

bristep is very low activity, and has cherry picked a topic to comment on. I would like to know why that topic is relevant to them.
In post 177, mbaki wrote:Indeed it is.
Fair. The difference for me is that bristep's commenting on something legitimately relevant to the game, while Gamma never did. Deciding that you're going to provide an opinion on some content in this game, but just explicitly ignore other important content, especially when asked directly about it, doesn't look good.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:55 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 178, Gamma Emerald wrote:So why is podoboq defending me but attacking Bri for doing the same thing
VOTE: podoboq
Clearly because we're scumbuddies <3
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:02 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 178, Gamma Emerald wrote:So why is podoboq defending me but attacking Bri for doing the same thing
Oh, also, I'm not defending you for the same thing I'm "attacking" bristep on.

I'm asking bristep to justify why they seem to be ignoring certain issues, because I want to read them and sort them, so I need their response to those things.

I defended you as town, because you legitimately confused details which were extremely easy to verify, and other people thought that was scummy for reasons that don't make any sense. I'm annoyed at you for ignoring important issues in this game, but I didn't think I wasn't that worried about sorting you. Glad this misunderstanding got you to contribute some real gameplay.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 179, podoboq wrote:
In post 176, Gamma Emerald wrote:
This pinged me too.

In post 177, mbaki wrote:Indeed it is.
Fair. The difference for me is that bristep's commenting on something legitimately relevant to the game, while Gamma never did. Deciding that you're going to provide an opinion on some content in this game, but just explicitly ignore other important content, especially when asked directly about it, doesn't look good.
I mean, you're right, but I don't think that means anything?

Gamma Emerald chose to comment on one specific thing. That thing wasn't relevant to the gamestate.

bristep123 chose to comment on one specific thing. That thing was the main topic of discussion at the time.

Is deciding not to provide an opinion on some content but not all of it
worse
than only providing an opinion on no content? I don't understand your argument here.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:13 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 182, mbaki wrote:Is deciding not to provide an opinion on some content but not all of it worse than only providing an opinion on no content? I don't understand your argument here.
It's no question that bristep's contribution is better for the game. So no, what bristep did isn't
worse
. It is, however, something I want to know more about.

Gamma being useless isn't interesting to me (even if it is disappointing). bristep's post is.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 am

Post by mbaki »

It just seems odd that you'd choose to expand on bristep123 but pass Gamma Emerald as bad town and move on.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:28 am

Post by bristep123 »

You can refer to the other sentence on my last post, the one you didn't quote but kind of covers why I'm not more active. I can't analyse everything at this point, it just doesn't work for me. I'm much better at that later in the game where there's more interaction and more known facts. I follow threads of thought, and pings. I did that in my last (and first for 5 years) game, and it led me to lock onto a scum D1.

I'll save any further deliberation/time wasting on it. I
won't
be making large swathes of analysis today, so it's pointless to demand it (unless you're trying to make yourself look good, are you?)
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:35 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 185, bristep123 wrote:You can refer to the other sentence on my last post, the one you didn't quote but kind of covers why I'm not more active. I can't analyse everything at this point, it just doesn't work for me. I'm much better at that later in the game where there's more interaction and more known facts. I follow threads of thought, and pings. I did that in my last (and first for 5 years) game, and it led me to lock onto a scum D1.
This game is too small for somebody to say they can't legitimately play until day 2. You don't need to produce an enormous reads post, and your reads are allowed to change over time. Refusing to provide any analysis while lurking the thread isn't dismissable.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 184, mbaki wrote:It just seems odd that you'd choose to expand on bristep123 but pass Gamma Emerald as bad town and move on.
I moved on from him now because I had enough to feel satisfied at this point in the game. bristep happens to be voting one of my scumreads, one I've been rethinking. Then bristep comes in to provide a shred of analysis on something irrelevant to me, when I'm interested in an opinion on the person they're not only scumreading but voting. I'm not getting that, and it's frustrating.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 am

Post by podoboq »

On the subject of lurking
In post 49, Doughboy wrote:I’ll post reads and shit tomorrow or Tuesday
Still waiting on this
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:41 am

Post by bristep123 »

You do you, I'll do me. Assuming that all low activity posters are lurkers isn't going to pan out in the long run.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 164, podoboq wrote:Would scum openly misrep something so easy to just go back and check? Like, there's no way scum Gamma is intentionally misrepping this, knowing it takes 10 seconds to find out that it's not accurate. Using this as justification that Gamme is scum rather than he just mixed things up seems like a leap.
My first instinct when Gamma posted #132 was that he just made a mistake as town. A shitty, not helpful post, but not necessarily alignment indicative. His followup and
doubling down
on his clear misstep is what changed me mind there. He is
still
voting for mbaki, partly for reasons that—as you said—he could easily take 10 seconds to find out that it's not accurate. The fact that he's basically fabricated a conflict out of nothing doesn't read town, it reads desperation.

I do not understand why a town Gamma would not just admit he made a mistake or was barking up the wrong tree and reexamine the content in this game.
In post 157, Gamma Emerald wrote:That actually worsens your position as you took no interest in any sort of meta prodding.
His position that what? What is his position? mbaki straight up admitted that the 3 post interaction didn't add to the game, here you are trying to pull something... I'm not even exactly sure what, out of it.
Gamma, do you have a good answer for this? Or even an answer?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 168, Gamma Emerald wrote:This is true. That wasn't what I was thinking when I posted that. Doesn't change the current impact.
Why do see mbaki as scummier than Mewtaph now?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

Nvm you aren't voting him anymore. What are your reads on mbaki/podoboq/Mewtaph?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 166, mbaki wrote:I believe it is most likely he was desperate to distract for some reason, meaning his partner was probably one of the two wagons (Podoboq and Mewtaph, more likely the latter who's wagon is more significant). This is more just a pocket theory than something I'm seriously pushing, though.
It's an interesting theory, but not sure it makes a ton of sense considering Gamma Emerald put Mewtaph at L-1 a page before and nothing super impactful happened between that vote and his post calling out the mbaki/Xtoxm interaction—unless he changed his mind about bussing suddenly. Which, might be possible? but not sure why he would have voted for Mewtaph so easily to begin with then.

Though I will admit his progression from Mewtaph > mbaki > podoboq is hardly natural.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 190, Dannflor wrote:[
In post 157, Gamma Emerald wrote:That actually worsens your position as you took no interest in any sort of meta prodding.
His position that what? What is his position? mbaki straight up admitted that the 3 post interaction didn't add to the game, here you are trying to pull something... I'm not even exactly sure what, out of it.
Gamma, do you have a good answer for this? Or even an answer?
Missed it. I thought mbaki was showing interest in meta reading Xtoxm, but his rebuttal disproved that so there wasn’t even that in mbaki’s favor. I’m liking the way he engages with podoboq though.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 192, Dannflor wrote:Nvm you aren't voting him anymore. What are your reads on mbaki/podoboq/Mewtaph?
Mewtaph I dont think I ever changed my mind on so I’ll flag that as “still a scumread” with a notice that it might be worth rereading him.
mbaki while I dislike some of his play seems to be engaging with people in a towny way, especially podoboq.
podoboq I’m pretty clearly scumreading, I think he thought I’d be glad to have a whiteknight at my side but he overstepped by pushing mbaki for something I did too when he never once expressed that sort of feeling with me.
<Embrace The Void>

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 158, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m feeling this bite more at this point
VOTE: mbaki
In post 195, Gamma Emerald wrote:mbaki while I dislike some of his play seems to be engaging with people in a towny way, especially podoboq.
That's a pretty big swing, no? I'm confused why you switched your vote to mbaki based on "disliking some of his play" when you still have/had a scumread on Mewtaph.
In post 195, Gamma Emerald wrote:podoboq I’m pretty clearly scumreading, I think he thought I’d be glad to have a whiteknight at my side but he overstepped by pushing mbaki for something I did too when he never once expressed that sort of feeling with me.
You mean bristep instead of mbaki here, right? What do you think about the rest of podoboq's ISO?

I'm not convinced by the argument that podoboq is "attacking" bristep for something Gamma didn't do. However, I will say podoboq
does
have a lot of posts with a disproportionate amount of them not actually doing anything but trying to look town. (This includes his unvote on Mewtaph which I still have very icky vibes about) His questioning of bristep could be lumped in here as well. Plus his early town read on him.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah I recognize my read changed a fair amount. I feel like a little of that earlier scum read might have just been reactionary.
And yeah I meant bristep, not mbaki. Should not be mafiaing with minimal sleep AND a cold.
<Embrace The Void>

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 197, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like a little of that earlier scum read might have just been reactionary.
Town reading this because I don't think scum admits that one of their reads was reactionary, I think they try to justify it better. Additionally, I'm not seeing a reason for the desperation play I named Gamma's entrance as, given I don't think it makes sense for Gamma to be distracting from the Mewtaph wagon the way he did, and podoboq's wagon only had 2 people on it.

Now leaning closer to my original gut instinct that Gamma is town who just had a really really bad entrance to the game.

For now UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald

I'm going to come back later and reread the game from the start. Try to clear up conflicting feelings I have about a couple players.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by mbaki »

I townread Dann's reaction to Gamma Emerald. Not sure if I townread Gamma Emerald.

VOTE: Doughboy

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”