Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 3024, Nauci wrote:
In post 3019, Mewtaph wrote:You've lazily stated that the EOD wagons must have scum in it
You're lazily dismissing the idea that there was scum in one of the d1 wagons
Lol? When?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Mewtaph
I'm cool with this as what strikes me as a deliberate move away from Performer
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Nauci »

What's your reason for scoffing at the analysis that there is at least one scum among the competing wagons from d1
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 3026, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: Mewtaph
Sorry I'm confused about your wording here: you like the fact that this is a move away from performer as in you're town reading him? Or something else? I feel like I'm reading this incorrectly
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 3027, Nauci wrote:What's your reason for scoffing at the analysis that there is at least one scum among the competing wagons from d1
Seriously...?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Skitter has limited the competing wagons to Kokichi/Mew.

So yeah I'm going to scoff at that when he uses it as a reason to push me over anyone else that could have viably been counter lynched after an N_M claim.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Also, also, it's super obvious this is going to a deadline lynch. Again. So excuse me if I ignore the thread while the :townreads: continue to ponder to themselves whether other :townreads: are town and then hop around for dumb reasons on everyone else outside of it until the deadline ends.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Nauci »

Have you considered casing someone yourself
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

ok guys i just had a really tinfoily idea that might be total bs but it makes sense in my head rn

varsoon said that the zerg mind control humans to do their bidding. what if the zerg is scum/sk and that is their ability, to control a terran player and have them perform the kill.
so a zerg mind controlled creature to kill irre and then creature got pgo'd
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3023, Mewtaph wrote:Your reasons for scumreading me are convoluted and is literally just {Kokichi, Mew} are scum with absolutely no variation.
* it feels like you pop in when other people push you
* not really pushing anything (till me, till now); very little scumhunting
* gamestate (eod1 wagons + no support for a mew wagon today despite very few townreads)
* you just have like no scumreads?

==
In post 3023, Mewtaph wrote:It is relevant because that's where scumreads on me started; with limited information, and as new information has revealed itself, somehow you're managing to associate that information with me specifically and then wondering why no one else is hopping on?
i mean those pushes on you aren't why i'm scumreading you? like i havne't even thought about them since then till like ... right now

i think that the competing wagons at the end of day1, coupled with the not_mafia townflip, is compelling new information relevant to your alignment.

i dont't think all three eod wagons were on town; i have a hard time seeing scum settle for a day1 not_mafia flip when they could have pushed towards town!you or town!kokichi; not_mafia had a lot of momentum and i'm trying to figure out why

the reason i think it's incriminating for you and kokichi specfically is because you two were the competing wagons until kokichi claimed and the not_mafia wagon took off

i think that there's something fueling the fact that the not_mafia wagon had such momentumn, and my best guess is that a competing wagon was on scum

there's *very* few people townreading you, and yesterday you were a semi-viable eod wagon - it shouldn't be this hard to get another vote or two on you if you're town

==
In post 3030, Mewtaph wrote:Skitter has limited the competing wagons to Kokichi/Mew.

So yeah I'm going to scoff at that when he uses it as a reason to push me over anyone else that could have viably been counter lynched after an N_M claim.
a) i'm a she

b) i'm talking about the major wagons in the last day or so of day1; if you think i'm wrong by limiting this analysis to just you two, which other competing wagons should i be looking at? i'm not interested in the fact that any random wagon could have happened at some point - i'm looking at the wagons that started to form towards the end of the day and had some momentum but lost it eventually and/or didn't go through
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Mewtaph »

So you're lynching me over Performer again, because.. ???????
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

why are you complaining about people lynching you over perf when you arent voting perf yourself mew?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Okay, yup. Now I can only phone post while tired while skitter can obviously come up with something especially if they give themselves a 5000 word directive to follow in every response post. So I'll keep it short and sweet - if they can't answer that question without loading it with a bunch of BS, I see no reason for me to be anything but continually apathetic about the game state.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3035, Mewtaph wrote:So you're lynching me over Performer again, because.. ???????
because i think you're scum?

and i don't scumread performer nearly as strongly
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Funny that, I expected something like "Because I am scumreading you and I'm right", that pretty much nails my expectation. Good day/afternoon/night, I'm out.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean what kind of answer ought i to have given

i think it's pretty obvious i'm pushing you over performer because i think you're scummier than him
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:36 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 3037, Mewtaph wrote:Okay, yup. Now I can only phone post while tired while skitter can obviously come up with something especially if they give themselves a 5000 word directive to follow in every response post. So I'll keep it short and sweet - if they can't answer that question without loading it with a bunch of BS, I see no reason for me to be anything but continually apathetic about the game state.
Not even your wincon?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2838, Varsoon wrote:That way, kill flavor of 'shooting' would fit for odd nights but kill flavor of 'killing' would fit for even nights with these factions alternating their kills.
huh, this could be a thing; i didn't even think of multiball. although the mod said
In post 0, Krazy wrote:There will be a mafia faction, they will have daytalk.
There may be at least one third party role
which makes me think more singleball + 3p like sk or something

also that reminds me - i don't think performer is groupscum with daytalk - claiming 1sbp looks kinda bad given irrel's death and i feel like he prob would have been talked out of that?

but scum don't always use pts as much as i do when i'm scum so eh

could be sk tho
my gut says not groupscum tho
In post 2903, the worst wrote:I'm not really sure? But either way if he shot Relly last night using his 1sbp for protection I'd be pretty shocked if he was so comfortable with claiming 1sbp today when there's no other explanation for Relly's death
i think *he* might, especially if he is anti-town, alone, and not responsible for relly's death

i don't think he's group-scum; optics of claiming that look bad

==
In post 2843, Varsoon wrote:I think that's probably what your role is important for--you likely know if someone's flavor is terran, zerg, or protoss; which'll make sorting them out a little easier?
I dunno.
i think the op says anti-town has fake claims, including flavor

==
In post 2857, Performer wrote:Skitter has also been hard to sort and even had no thoughts on Keys after 100+ pages, which is just unreal if town.
i don't feel like he's done much ai

i don't think i can read him that well to begin with so ngl i'm kinda hoping some combo of tw/nauci/shoshin can sort him for me so i'm kinda putting him on the backburner
In post 2862, Nauci wrote:
In post 2857, Performer wrote:Skitter has also been hard to sort and even had no thoughts on Keys after 100+ pages, which is just unreal if town.
It's not out of the ordinary for town skitter30

In American Presidents she wasn't sure of Keyser/Irrelephant/my alignment until I finally outed my Neapolitan green checks on the other 2
(this was like on day4 iirc)

==
In post 2956, the worst wrote:so the groupscum kill last night was probably on Creature I guess..? does NKA get us anywhere here? I really can't think of anyone but I can feel my interest fading and I want to stop that
vig kill?

i guess i can kinda see irrel being the scum nk if they htought he was too town-block-y and they had the requisite resources to nk him without dying (could be they wanted to get rid of him before said doc/bp got lynched or killed so they just shot him last night)

no idea who kills creature last night tbh

==
In post 2983, the worst wrote:Tbqh I'm wondering if my reasons for townreading Xtoxm d1 were more appropriately like "d1 pass" reasons rather than actual town indicators

Gonna go see if I can get back in my head then
i felt like they were day1 pass reasons
i never really townread him

also losing the mitillos townread

==
In post 2992, Mitillos wrote:because had N_M decided to claim,
i mean i don't think this eventuality was particularly likely

==
i'm not sure what this means

==
In post 3033, Xtoxm wrote:ok guys i just had a really tinfoily idea that might be total bs but it makes sense in my head rn

varsoon said that the zerg mind control humans to do their bidding. what if the zerg is scum/sk and that is their ability, to control a terran player and have them perform the kill.
this strikes me as kinda townie but idk why

also creature was even-night; not sure if being controlled can change that? idk being controlled is not a mechanci that i'm familiar with
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3028, Nauci wrote:
Sorry I'm confused about your wording here: you like the fact that this is a move away from performer as in you're town reading him? Or something else? I feel like I'm reading this incorrectly
Like it feels like a deliberate shift from performer, who I still want to lynch.
Actually yeah fuggit
VOTE: Performer
In post 3031, Mewtaph wrote:Also, also, it's super obvious this is going to a deadline lynch. Again. So excuse me if I ignore the thread while the :townreads: continue to ponder to themselves whether other :townreads: are town and then hop around for dumb reasons on everyone else outside of it until the deadline ends.
If your only contributions are going to be "Pfft whatever it's a deadline lynch" maybe reconsider your approach. The idea is that when pressure is put on you, you play, not resign.
In post 3033, Xtoxm wrote:ok guys i just had a really tinfoily idea that might be total bs but it makes sense in my head rn

Flavor-wise, that'd be really cool.
Mechanically, though, I kiiiinda hate it.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm willing to case Key if need be.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by the worst »

I'd actually appreciate a Keys case a lot. I'm struggling there and keep ending up on "ttttooowwwwnnnnnn?"

VOTE: Mewt
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

i figured it out
everyone except varsoon and kockiki is scum
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In short, Key's scum because he's more passive, more non-committal, less analytical, and less aggressive than he is as town. The main points:

1. He's doing the typical scum thing of popping in just enough to avoid too much suspicion. As town, Key is usually actively engaged in moving the game forward with aggressive questioning. As scum, Key tends to be much less aggressive. This game fits his scum meta when it comes to levels of engagement, passivity, and aggression.

2. He's more non-committal than I've ever seen him as town. He constantly posts "maybe X but maybe not" posts, which don't actually take a clear position about anything. He constantly calls things "interesting" instead of taking a meaningful position about them (this is actually a scum tell for a surprisingly large number of players, specifically calling lots of things "interesting," "weird," "odd," etc., - probably an unconscious attempt to avoid scum telling by revealing as little information as possible about one's perspective). The point is that Key's not taking clear positions in the way he usually do as town.

3. He's been speculating about third party or "solo scum" more than feels natural for town. For example, rather than push on Creature as mafia, he pushes Creature as "third party." When he says that Performer's "probably town," he notes that Performer "could be solo scum." It feels like Key's looking for third party rather than mafia, which suggests he's operating from an informed perspective about who the mafia are. While town sometimes look for third party, or think a player looks like third party, it's rare that town start speculating about multiple players as third party while calling those players "probably town."

4. He's been pushing a scum agenda by trying to challenge our townreads from taking hold. He pushed on Irrelephant (obvious town), the worst (obvious town), and then supported both Varsoon/Xtom for questioning the early townreads. This is out of character for town Key, who in both games I've seen gave out lots of early townreads and didn't show anything close to the level of irrational paranoia he's had this game about early townreads. In American Presidents, we had just as many early townreads as this game and Key was one of the players giving them out. In schadd's game, same. What's different in this game? If anything, players were town telling harder than in those other games. Yet Key's reacting differently? That's a sign of a change in perspective & win condition.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Keyser

Aight then.
the worst
the worst