DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by DuckDuckJab »

In post 243, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 230, DuckDuckJab wrote:where he was just this tidal wave of towny common sense
Lol I think Thor gets like that with his fellow man friends. Like I noticed Toranaga brought that out of him. Also that playerlist was OP af.
Fair. Towncase Joges for me? I'm gonna use the scum word..... he
reeeeks
of wolf to me
~ tw
Last edited by Jingle on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rumor has it he's that infamous human-sized duck. We don't know if it's true, but trust me, you don't want to fight him" - Chuck Norris
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 177, joges wrote:I do not like how long it took for you to vote. I feel this first post is you having an issue with A50's post. But you didn't vote until someone else did. Why were you afraid to start this wagon?
I don't see this kind of observation coming from scum.
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by DuckDuckJab »

In post 237, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 229, DuckDuckJab wrote:
In post 200, DarkLightA wrote:...which is on page 1-2. This doesn't even need commenting. If DDJ is this good at creating things out of nothing he should consider taking up a career as a magician. And then on top of that he uses a pet peeve to justify a scum case?
If you wanna talk more about this hmu, that was my partner's rvs ping (I had an absolutely different rvs ping and we agreed to discuss you at more length later).

But yeah needless to say I'm not super interested in this read. Crocolisk I'm also keen to come back to a liiiiiittle later
Didn't actually realize yall were a hydra until I hunted down the BuJaber Cheeky mentioned. Whoops!

You're probably the wrong person to answer to it then, but my thoughts about the post still stand.
Talk to me about something more exciting? :3
It was an rvs gut ping for my partner. It's not very exciting.
"Rumor has it he's that infamous human-sized duck. We don't know if it's true, but trust me, you don't want to fight him" - Chuck Norris
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 190, Thor665 wrote:@Skitter - I fail to see that as an argument convincing enough to not warrant poking at Cheeky to get reads. if you do, then continue to do nothing with such tells, I'm much more active and aggressive and consider it superior play.
i mean, again, i didn't say that you shouldn't poke her over it; you're free to get reads however you like; i'm saying that i disagree with your opinion there

==
In post 193, Almost50 wrote:
In post 187, skitter30 wrote:p-edit why is this scum!thor indicative?
Check the games I linked. I could go dig up more, but these two were recent enough. NEVER underestimate Thor's scum game.
ok, let's assume that i don't have the time or patience rn to metadive him - explain what about those games makes you think he's scum here

is it just that you think his reasoning is shallow?

==
In post 200, DarkLightA wrote:In previous equivalent games he's actually efforted with sensible output, but on the other hand he's had a 3 year break from the site (and he has like 150 posts total) so there's only so much to be dug from there.
have you played with him prior to his break from the site?
In post 200, DarkLightA wrote:...which is on page 1-2. This doesn't even need commenting. If DDJ is this good at creating things out of nothing he should consider taking up a career as a magician. And then on top of that he uses a pet peeve to justify a scum case?
i thought your vote/unvote there in rvs were kinda townie, as i explained previously.

i disagree with ddj's (buj's) reasoning for it being a reason to scumread you, but i do think that it's entirely possible to find things to read in rvs to get the game moving.

so, while yes it's reachy, i liked how buj approached it and started forming reads; i don't really mind reachy reads in rvs; that was the main post i liked from ddj

==
In post 203, Robert2424 wrote:Cheeky seem too...go with the flow. Course she may normally be like this.

Vote Cheeky
i mean why do you think it's scum-indicative for her to go with the flow?

i don't really like that you use it as a reason to vote her but then kinda handwave how much validity the point has by saying she just may normally be like this

==
In post 235, Robert2424 wrote:Mainly my reason for saying it. but before somebody takes it out of context, I just didn't like the posts.
i'm not entirely following what you odn't like here

==
In post 211, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Gamma Emerald, joges}
{Trivium, Thor, Milk}
{Skitter, A50, Lady, Robert}
{}
{DLA or DDJ, Soviet}
i feel pretty decent about town!dla for this stage of the game actually; why is he on your bottom tier?

can you talk about how you're reading gamma? i'm awful at reading him and i don't feel like he's done much ai yet

==
In post 220, DuckDuckJab wrote:
In post 172, skitter30 wrote:i'm not really feeling town!you yet; you feel kinda weird for you
we have time, I'm not feeling normal in this game for some reason
fair enough, fair enough; i can give it some more time; more kinda just like noting it for myself now
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

eh, let's go here for now

VOTE: robert
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by DuckDuckJab »

In post 249, Robert2424 wrote:I'm not sure its much of a recovery, I think he's really screwing around more then anything. I can't really take any of his posts seriously.
I investigated him n0 and he is aligned with "having a good time"

are you any closer to realising you're pointlessly tunnelled or....?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I'll answer people's reactions to my readslist later.
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by DuckDuckJab »

In post 251, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 177, joges wrote:I do not like how long it took for you to vote. I feel this first post is you having an issue with A50's post. But you didn't vote until someone else did. Why were you afraid to start this wagon?
I don't see this kind of observation coming from scum.
I haven't decided if I agree with this or not yet but I like your angle I think
It pinged me as fairly cheap considering Gamma's reaction felt totally natural to me :/ like its the kinda thing I think scum posts then fistpumps for being so closer and I'm not sure yet why town bothers outside of just like posting what's on their mind
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by DuckDuckJab »

sorry cheeky you've lost my doublevote
VOTE: Robert

taking your joges tr @ face value for a minute
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

That's ok I'm not unhappy with a Robert lynch, there are just other people I'd like to interact with for the time being.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

In post 253, skitter30 wrote:
In post 190, Thor665 wrote:@Skitter - I fail to see that as an argument convincing enough to not warrant poking at Cheeky to get reads. if you do, then continue to do nothing with such tells, I'm much more active and aggressive and consider it superior play.
i mean, again, i didn't say that you shouldn't poke her over it; you're free to get reads however you like; i'm saying that i disagree with your opinion there

==
In post 193, Almost50 wrote:
In post 187, skitter30 wrote:p-edit why is this scum!thor indicative?
Check the games I linked. I could go dig up more, but these two were recent enough. NEVER underestimate Thor's scum game.
ok, let's assume that i don't have the time or patience rn to metadive him - explain what about those games makes you think he's scum here

==
In post 200, DarkLightA wrote:In previous equivalent games he's actually efforted with sensible output, but on the other hand he's had a 3 year break from the site (and he has like 150 posts total) so there's only so much to be dug from there.
have you played with him prior to his break from the site?
i thought your vote/unvote there in rvs were kinda townie, as i explained previously.

i disagree with ddj's (buj's) reasoning for it being a reason to scumread you, but i do think that it's entirely possible to find things to read in rvs to get the game moving.

so, while yes it's reachy, i liked how buj approached it and started forming reads; i don't really mind reachy reads in rvs; that was the main post i liked from ddj

==
In post 203, Robert2424 wrote:Cheeky seem too...go with the flow. Course she may normally be like this.

Vote Cheeky
i mean why do you think it's scum-indicative for her to go with the flow?

i don't really like that you use it as a reason to vote her but then kinda handwave how much validity the point has by saying she just may normally be like this

==
In post 235, Robert2424 wrote:Mainly my reason for saying it. but before somebody takes it out of context, I just didn't like the posts.
i'm not entirely following what you odn't like here

==
In post 211, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Gamma Emerald, joges}
{Trivium, Thor, Milk}
{Skitter, A50, Lady, Robert}
{}
{DLA or DDJ, Soviet}
i feel pretty decent about town!dla for this stage of the game actually; why is he on your bottom tier?

can you talk about how you're reading gamma? i'm awful at reading him and i don't feel like he's done much ai yet

==
In post 220, DuckDuckJab wrote:
In post 172, skitter30 wrote:i'm not really feeling town!you yet; you feel kinda weird for you
we have time, I'm not feeling normal in this game for some reason
fair enough, fair enough; i can give it some more time; more kinda just like noting it for myself now
POSTS, NOT HER. read....
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 253, skitter30 wrote:ok, let's assume that i don't have the time or patience rn to metadive him - explain what about those games makes you think he's scum here

Well then it'd be hard to explain, because you'd have to see it to understand. Town!Thor takes his time and tried to look from different angles before he puts his vote down on someone. Scum!Thor is good at fabricating a case from scratch and making it look like a good case to someone skimming the thread. You need to look close enough to tell the difference. And besides, he does know me well, and has even been scum with me before, so I'm not buying a player of his caliber trying to mislynch me on D1 based on absolutely nothing. Not unless he doesn't want to waste a shot at me overnight, because he couldn't tell if I was crumbing PR or baiting the NK as a VT or what the hell I am doing, and would rather not make the wrong decision.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

A50 why on earth would you soft so early?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Did I? THAT is the trick. I can literally soft on my first post and no one would notice, or I could FAKE a PR as VT and scum would fall for it. I mean, I overdid it the last time and Gamma was Scum and picked up on it, but if it's a crumb it usually goes unnoticed and often enough seen as "fluff" by most (PP was Gamma's scum p in that game and he didn't notice anything until Gamma pointed it out in their scum thread, and their 3rd was DrDolittle who had modded a game which started simultaneously with that game, seen me crumb my role in a different way and still didn't see my crumb in the game with him/PP/Gamma until it was pointed out to him). On the other hand, someone like BuJaber knows well not to fall for the bait because I did it to him personally and he fell for it and shot me as a VT.

tl'dr I may or may not have crumbed something or another, and neither town nor scum will be able to tell unless I point it out myself or I get flipped.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Also, are we lynching Robert because he is the original Bond or because his wife loves Austin Powers? What exactly is the case there because I can't see anything AI in his ISO.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

So you think Thor - who you've been touting as ze scum lord - fell for it?
joges
joges
Goon
joges
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by joges »

VOTE: Gamma

I'd like this for now.

- That's what I've got my eyes on so far this game then. I'd like a response.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 178, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was giving A50 the benefit of the doubt
But him claiming it was from another game felt infeasible imo
He replied here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.4
Flavor to be added.

With 13 Alive, it is 7 to Lynch!

Robert2424: (4) (128), (176), (254), (258),
Almost50: (2) (86), (98),
Soviet Crocolisk: (2) (212), (213),
Thor665: (1) (186),
CheekyTeeky: (1) (203),
Gamma Emerald: (1) (266),
joges: (0)
DuckDuckJab: (0)
themilkcartonkid: (0)
skitter30: (0)
Trivium: (0)
DarkLightA: (0)
Lady Angel: (0)

Not Voting (2): Lady Angel, (146),

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-01-02 12:00:00).

Important Notes:
-
The Game is currently in Day One.

-
skitter30 is currently V/LA until 12/19 and will be permanently V/LA on Fridays and Saturdays.
Last edited by Jingle on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 265, CheekyTeeky wrote:So you think Thor - who you've been touting as ze scum lord - fell for it?
:facepalm: I'm no rookie either, Cheeky! And HE DID fall for it the last time I played Scum!him. But that's not even what I'm saying. I'm saying he's skeptical and doesn't want to risk it. He doesn't know if I'm for real or if I'm trolling, so he would rather lynch or at least push me to get a claim. Going into the night not knowing what the hell I am or have been doing is a nightmare to scum.. ALWAYS.

As for "falling for it", MASTINA did, and she modded me in one of my earliest larges and wrote a book about my play in SU2 based on her seeing my play in her GISTOU. I'm willing to bet you now on our next 3-5 games together (the ones I roll TOWN in) and I dare you to tell what my role is with any degree of confidence in ANY of them. Tell me after we've played 5 games together in the future (feel free to include this one as the first). Am I a PR or am I VT?? Simple question, but you need not "guess" cuz that's still a 50-50. I want you to answer truthfully to yourself and tell me if your answer was right post-game, and how much confidence you had in that answer being correct based on my D1 play. (It's always D1. After that it may become apparent).

Like, I am a bit lazy now but you can check my wiki. I had a run of 5-7 games where I was always the N1 kill, and I was a VT in all of them (obe exception I was actually the N2 kill, but only bc I replaced in on D2). In that agme both Scum and Serial Killer shot me. :lol: (I'm not outing the SK who did that, after I had EXPLICITLY CLAIMED VT) :lol: :lol: :lol:

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 269, Almost50 wrote:He doesn't know if I'm for real or if I'm trolling, so he would rather lynch or at least push me to get a claim
I feel like you're missing a couple of steps in all your jumping to conclusions.

What's your read on the duck/Honeybubu?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Town and I'd bet the game on it.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 195, Almost50 wrote:
In post 189, Thor665 wrote:Why scum me OVER town me?
Because you know me well enough AND because it's shallow reasoning that still looks like something for the unsuspecting naked eye.
This rather ignores that what I'm trying to get you to divulge (and that you're fighting hard to avoid doing) could serve as a town case on you as well as a scum case - I only see value in avoiding a scum case. You're avoiding.
So...
In post 225, DuckDuckJab wrote:Uhh I think I might need to hear some less angleshooty reads from you because I'm not townreading a single syllable of this reasoning and your original vote was creepy
What's creepy about it?
In post 225, DuckDuckJab wrote:Where you @ w other slots
I've indicated scum on Robert, and town on Darklight and Crocolisk.
If I had other reads I thought were worth spit I'd have indicated them.
In post 238, Almost50 wrote:
In post 215, Jingle wrote:
Why does everyone always change their votes right after a VoteCount? :igmeou:
:lol: :lol: :lol: It happens in my games too.
It's because it refreshes people's minds as to where their votes are, and where other votes currently are. It's a natural reaction.
In post 261, Almost50 wrote:Well then it'd be hard to explain, because you'd have to see it to understand. Town!Thor takes his time and tried to look from different angles before he puts his vote down on someone.
Where do you get that idea?
Literally my wikipage advocates getting your vote into play asap and aggressively.
I'm pretty sure my wiki isn't full of lies about my towngame...?
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 am

Post by DuckDuckJab »

In post 98, Thor665 wrote:
In post 54, Almost50 wrote:I sure need to stop playing too many games and with too many accounts.
What are your current active accounts?

VOTE: Almost50
This whole conversation is just like angleshooting which is resolved by A50 answering the question if he chooses to which also he's welcome not to

It's also not going to change whether or not he's under pressure and I don't see how your votepark on him was actually productive

You then spun around and launched into a detailed defence of it which boils down to.......you're trying to use out of thread reasons to back up a read and basically no, I doubt pressure voting him is very unlikely to make him want to answer your question any more or less than he did before...

I hope this makes sense but I'm not really seeing much of a logical correlation between what you're doing w A50 and what you're saying you're doing w A50
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:23 am

Post by DuckDuckJab »

@skitter:

I can see your point regarding the unvote when you add it to the other posts he made with the apparent carefree attitude. It read differently to me on its own. As for the carefree thing it may not be a town thing depending on meta/personality. I'll need more time to learn about him. Are you saying it out of experience or is it your first game with him also?

Also this isn't AI for you but I've always wanted to ask why you say things like "you don't seem like town you" without elaborating to people. Don't you think it might give scum!them a chance to change it up?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”