Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Anything uPick has ended in a
Town
win!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #8176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:28 pm

So two major apologies are owed to the game.

1) With regards to Mastina's role: I never so much as considered the role being used in that manner. It created an awful game experience and created a train of replace outs that were my fault as a mod. I will be a lot more careful about making sure that something like that never happens again in one of my games.

2) With regards to roles in general: I did a poor job as a mod. I decided to make roles that did a lot more things than usual, with a lot of different ideas behind interactions, but I did a very poor job of executing them as a mod. The complexity required me to spend hours calculating night actions and even then I'd miss things. The role PMs were objectively incomplete in terms of understanding what people's roles did, and things like NicoRobin's "role cop" that was actually a follower should never have slipped by me.

I'm sorry and it won't happen again. That said...
RadiantCowbells wrote:No result.
The Jingle/Vecna 1v1 wasn't on me, he just forgot that he actually got a no result :P
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #8177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Private Topics:

Town Role PMs
Scum PT - Contains scum Role PMs
Dead Thread - note that this was only opened after Whemestar died and since I didn't send a PM, no one posted there lol
Mod PT (Night Actions)

A Maid Cafe (Jingle/Firebringer)
A Maid Cafe (A Maid Cafe / Jjh927)

Gamma Emerald Personal PT
Skygazer Personal PT (contains minigame)
Shoshin Personal PT
Innocent Children Hydra PT

All will be opened in 48 hours given consent from all relevant players.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Krazy »

Spoiler:
In post 2530, THE MEME MEN wrote:
Vote Titus

-Right Head, Shiro
In post 2598, THE MEME MEN wrote:If no one wants to join on Titus but we want to lynch someone who basically isn't here, then can I interest anyone in a randomidget lynch?

Mastina's anger about her role in the early game seemed relatively consistent with how she is as town killing roles. Also I don't think mastina lurks out as scum, I've seen her get really engaged. I think she's legitimately busy. I know if Mastina is town and she comes back she might actually be useful.

vs.

Randomidget hasn't posted anything since Saturday and his entire iso is basically empty of content so if we're lynching a lurk out null then I'd rather do that slot.

Vote Randomidget

-RH, Shiro
In post 4474, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 4473, Aristophanes wrote:Also, this game is stalled because of the gladiate and the promise of this freeze now. I'm just getting bored of waiting. It fees like there's nothing to do since the game will sort itself out anyway.
So get it going with me by voting Varsoon.

See it's easy like this VOTE: Varsoon -Shiro
In post 4756, THE MEME MEN wrote:In theory, it could work.

In practice, it is killing the game.

If Mastina was willing to do her guilty after like 72 hours or something every time, then I wouldn't have minded blowing through day phases.

But spending *weeks* on dayphases that end on no lynching is so dull and uninformative it is extremely difficult to retain interest in the game.

She was being told to declare her guilty early on. She could have done so after everyone had checked in. There was no mindblowing cases being made. There was no proactive sorting. Everything was basically at a standstill, but she still just keeps dragging out the days because she's pretending that day *length* is somehow way more important than *momentum*

If I literally cannot remember who I'm scumreading anymore because I'm so disengaged from the game, that is *not good for my ability to solve the game*

Things need to actually happen every now and then.

So yeah, mastina had her chance. Now she either gladiates and gets lynched, or she gets lynched. But we are not keeping her in the game for another dayphase.

VOTE: Mastina -shiro

-RH
In post 4851, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 4850, Creature wrote:I actually scumread mastina
VOTE: mastina -shiro

-rh
In post 5951, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 5929, Creature wrote:Huh who is Sora?
We are

VOTE: Mastina - Shiro and Sora

-rh
In post 6964, THE MEME MEN wrote:VOTE: Nicorobin
That's the hammer.

-Shiro & Sora
In post 7218, THE MEME MEN wrote:Worried about the nihilism targeted claim but Gamma doesn't smell like last scum standing atm

VOTE: Ari -Shiro

-RH
In post 7895, THE MEME MEN wrote:I think the thing with porkens is that he seemed way diff than in children of hurin but I haven't actually read him at all outside that game

I never really liked randomidget slot even tho some people thought he was townie for reasons I didn't get

Ari's claim was like really bad

>Ari claimed rb'ed 2 nights ago, but it's hard to understand why scum would rb him that night
>Ari claims he would never not rb as scum, but I haven't meta'd him to evaluate this claim
>Ari seems like a nice guy, maybe he'd be happier leaving this mess of a game?

I think claiming he was the subject of a rb is the main point in his favor but I also kinda don't believe it?

maybe VOTE: Ari -Shiro

gonna taste this one out

can also do porkens slot

-rh
In post 8038, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 1816, Ginngie wrote:VOTE: mastina

Kurio and I are now confirmed town

No more discussion let’s go into night
In post 1828, Ginngie wrote:kurio is confirmed town now because of the loyal modifier

we have to lynch mastina now

and mastina as town said im conf time so Im conf town

thats it
In post 2245, Ginngie wrote:Martina said I’m town so
hmm is this ever s/s

ginngie sure is an interesting short iso considering her total fixation on mastina

I think I'm back here again

VOTE: Ari -shiro

-rh
In post 8049, THE MEME MEN wrote:I mean the thought occurs

Nihilism is odd-night only maybe?

in which case, Ari's team forgot that random claimed roleblocked?

Like would RC actually let Ari think that Random FORGOT to send a night action a night he received a rb?

HOW. How does ARI GET CONFUSED ABOUT SO MUCH OF HIS ROLE?

gdi

-RH

dirty ego post
vote conspiracy
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8177, RadiantCowbells wrote:All will be opened in 48 hours given consent from all relevant players.
/consent.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Mastina I am almost curious,
Did you actually think confirming town players would win you the game just because of the apathy you produced?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #8181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You can open mine RC. All spoilery things (that I care about) I’ve posted are marked.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8180, Firebringer wrote:Mastina I am almost curious,
Did you actually think confirming town players would win you the game just because of the apathy you produced?
I confirmed a grand total of three players.

One player was calculated deadweight (Kuroi)--conftowning them did no harm, because as conftown with a role known, as far as being as useless as possible, Kuroi was by far better. Kuroi's replacement fared no better on that front, and continued to be useless. Heck, the slot came close to being modkilled and it was only the bitching of players which prevented it from having that fate. I stand by that decision.

Chickadee being conftown gave me a convenient excuse to nightkill her. You think I made that choice because I didn't want to? No, I wanted to nightkill Chickadee as early as D1.

You being conftown gave us an excuse to nightkill you. Your role was one of the stronger ones in the game, and it was a role not likely to be lynched. So by conftowning you, we had a good excuse to get rid of you.

So absolutely, yes.
I felt that conftowning people who were my planned fucking nightkills anyway (for instance, I almost got a chance to conftown Jingle...which would have been perfect for getting him out of the game because there was literally no player better on strength-of-play for me to use my strongman on overall) was a QUITE good usage of my role.

If you're conftowning the players you intended to nightkill anyway...then you're depriving the town of lynches, WHILE killing the players you wanted dead anyway. It's literally the town doing your work for you.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by mastina »

(Mind you, I wanted to strongman you immediately after conftowning you. Nico didn't think to do that.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by mastina »

Keep in mind, by the way: If there was a town player who I absolutely didn't want to nightkill that people wanted me to use my power on?
I could just refuse to use my power on them.
And then I would die, sure--but so too would that town player.

As the one who pulled the trigger on the gladiates.
I held ultimate control over how I used it.
I conftowned the players I did because it was a calculated decision. Kuroi as conftown? May not be able to kill him, but he's useless; he was doing nothing as deadweight. Chickadee as conftown? I felt like keeping Chickadee alive would have helped town coherency; killing her helped disrupt it. Firebringer as conftown? Well then suddenly him being a corpse has a nice excuse and people look no further than him having been conftown.

Saaaaaaaaaaay. For Gamma though? Oh I just refuse. Eat the lynch, and watch Gamma get lynched after I go down.

There were players in this game I wouldn't have gladiated, because those players were players I would not have killed--but there were plenty of people who I was QUITE fine having a convenient excuse to nightkill, and those players were the ones I'd gladiate.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8179, mastina wrote:
In post 8177, RadiantCowbells wrote:All will be opened in 48 hours given consent from all relevant players.
/consent.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I really tried guys. You'll see that in the Scum PT. It ends with like 2 pages of my ramblings as the game fell apart in front of me.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8187 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by mastina »

(Btw, this game is the game that did indeed earn me the Battle Mage award, which is why I had that on my mind. :P)
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8188 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 8178, Krazy wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2530, THE MEME MEN wrote:
Vote Titus

-Right Head, Shiro
In post 2598, THE MEME MEN wrote:If no one wants to join on Titus but we want to lynch someone who basically isn't here, then can I interest anyone in a randomidget lynch?

Mastina's anger about her role in the early game seemed relatively consistent with how she is as town killing roles. Also I don't think mastina lurks out as scum, I've seen her get really engaged. I think she's legitimately busy. I know if Mastina is town and she comes back she might actually be useful.

vs.

Randomidget hasn't posted anything since Saturday and his entire iso is basically empty of content so if we're lynching a lurk out null then I'd rather do that slot.

Vote Randomidget

-RH, Shiro
In post 4474, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 4473, Aristophanes wrote:Also, this game is stalled because of the gladiate and the promise of this freeze now. I'm just getting bored of waiting. It fees like there's nothing to do since the game will sort itself out anyway.
So get it going with me by voting Varsoon.

See it's easy like this VOTE: Varsoon -Shiro
In post 4756, THE MEME MEN wrote:In theory, it could work.

In practice, it is killing the game.

If Mastina was willing to do her guilty after like 72 hours or something every time, then I wouldn't have minded blowing through day phases.

But spending *weeks* on dayphases that end on no lynching is so dull and uninformative it is extremely difficult to retain interest in the game.

She was being told to declare her guilty early on. She could have done so after everyone had checked in. There was no mindblowing cases being made. There was no proactive sorting. Everything was basically at a standstill, but she still just keeps dragging out the days because she's pretending that day *length* is somehow way more important than *momentum*

If I literally cannot remember who I'm scumreading anymore because I'm so disengaged from the game, that is *not good for my ability to solve the game*

Things need to actually happen every now and then.

So yeah, mastina had her chance. Now she either gladiates and gets lynched, or she gets lynched. But we are not keeping her in the game for another dayphase.

VOTE: Mastina -shiro

-RH
In post 4851, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 4850, Creature wrote:I actually scumread mastina
VOTE: mastina -shiro

-rh
In post 5951, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 5929, Creature wrote:Huh who is Sora?
We are

VOTE: Mastina - Shiro and Sora

-rh
In post 6964, THE MEME MEN wrote:VOTE: Nicorobin
That's the hammer.

-Shiro & Sora
In post 7218, THE MEME MEN wrote:Worried about the nihilism targeted claim but Gamma doesn't smell like last scum standing atm

-RH
In post 7895, THE MEME MEN wrote:I think the thing with porkens is that he seemed way diff than in children of hurin but I haven't actually read him at all outside that game

I never really liked randomidget slot even tho some people thought he was townie for reasons I didn't get

Ari's claim was like really bad

>Ari claimed rb'ed 2 nights ago, but it's hard to understand why scum would rb him that night
>Ari claims he would never not rb as scum, but I haven't meta'd him to evaluate this claim
>Ari seems like a nice guy, maybe he'd be happier leaving this mess of a game?

I think claiming he was the subject of a rb is the main point in his favor but I also kinda don't believe it?

maybe VOTE: Ari -Shiro

gonna taste this one out

can also do porkens slot

-rh
In post 8038, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 1816, Ginngie wrote:VOTE: mastina

Kurio and I are now confirmed town

No more discussion let’s go into night
In post 1828, Ginngie wrote:kurio is confirmed town now because of the loyal modifier

we have to lynch mastina now

and mastina as town said im conf time so Im conf town

thats it
In post 2245, Ginngie wrote:Martina said I’m town so
hmm is this ever s/s

ginngie sure is an interesting short iso considering her total fixation on mastina

I think I'm back here again

VOTE: Ari -shiro

-rh
In post 8049, THE MEME MEN wrote:I mean the thought occurs

Nihilism is odd-night only maybe?

in which case, Ari's team forgot that random claimed roleblocked?

Like would RC actually let Ari think that Random FORGOT to send a night action a night he received a rb?

HOW. How does ARI GET CONFUSED ABOUT SO MUCH OF HIS ROLE?

gdi

-RH

dirty ego post
This was you? Interesting.

In the name of calming the ego, your slot tried talking me out of scumreading Wheme, hehe.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8189 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8188, Shoshin wrote:In the name of calming the ego, your slot tried talking me out of scumreading Wheme, hehe.
While waiting for the thread to open, Krazy and I had quite the nice chat and he mentioned this fact. :P
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8190 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 8188, Shoshin wrote:In the name of calming the ego, your slot tried talking me out of scumreading Wheme, hehe.
True, although I did admit my meta read on him was quite shallow. I was also wrong on NSG for the majority of the game. Still, in terms of actual votes...
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8191 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Krazy »

It was a pleasure solving a large theme again with you tho Sho :3

Always pleasant when we're both on the same team

I did offer you the final hammer :P
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by Krazy »

Was very weird getting Shiro as a role lol. In Supp I was Firebringer and I ended up liking Firebringer once I actually played with him. Now I kinda wanna play with Shiro to see what she's like in game lol.

Nero, thanks for "correcting" my read on Wheme ;) I'm assuming you were gated?

Creature, always a pleasure solving these large messes with you.

Vecna, Jingle, Lady Angel, jjh, nice meeting you all this game. Definitely appreciated all the work you did in sorting the crazy night actions Jingle :)

Aristophanes, Varsoon, Nicorobin, Mastina, Wheme, thanks for putting up such a fight :)
vote conspiracy
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8193 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 8191, Krazy wrote:It was a pleasure solving a large theme again with you tho Sho :3

Always pleasant when we're both on the same team

I did offer you the final hammer :P
Hehe, I just read back to see that! I wasn't around for the hammer. And yes, always a pleasure! In the future, I think I'll just read you based on whether we're winning/losing the game.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8194 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 8192, Krazy wrote:Vecna, Jingle, Lady Angel, jjh, nice meeting you all this game. Definitely appreciated all the work you did in sorting the crazy night actions Jingle
I second this. Fun to play with you all. And Jingle, the work you did with the night actions was amazing and I hope you're in all my future games, as someone who didn't read half the game (and I know I'm not the only one) I cannot stress how helpful that was. You really kept this game from falling apart imo.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8195 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 8193, Shoshin wrote:I think I'll just read you based on whether we're winning/losing the game.
And now you know why my head of the hydra was anonymous :P
vote conspiracy
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8196 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Who was the other hydra player?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8197 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by profii »

I will never really know what happened here :lol:
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8198 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8192, Krazy wrote:Aristophanes, Varsoon, Nicorobin, Mastina, Wheme, thanks for putting up such a fight
We did all we could! :)

Well, my claim sucked. But Meme misunderstanding it and thinking I was the one misunderstanding it really did not help! Hahaha

And I was totally going to go with the weak variety but changed that when called out lol
- Jingle
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8199 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4961, THE MEME MEN wrote:This is my current read of Aristophanes:

He is scum but he is Tim Curry, and this presents a conundrum

-rh
this is how I felt the whole time ;) You're so pleasant I don't want to scumread you, and yet...
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”