Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

Wow don't know what to make of this. LolWagons has made some pretty good points.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:40 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 261, podoboq wrote:
In post 136, mbaki wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Let's discuss this then.

7 posts in your iso.

1) rvs; irrelevant
2) theory post; irrelevant (queue the "why are we discussing this")
3) agree with someone else; relevant, though not starting discussion nor scumhunting
4) random 1-liner; irrelevant
5) agree with someone; relevant, as this post l-1s someone
6) random takeaway; irrelevant
7) "why are we discussing this"; irrelevant

In conclusion, there are exactly two posts relevant to the game in your iso. One of them puts a player at l-1, and one of them agrees with something another player says. Neither advances discussion, provides insight, or affects the game-state... other than bringing a wagon to l-1.

Why aren't
you
discussing
anything
, and why is #124 the thing you choose to comment on when there is game relevant content around and after it including from me?
I mean, you
DID
vote for him, and you're still pushing the narrative that he's scum even though your vote is parked on someone who just replaced for the time being.
I
DID
scumread him, but his play improved. He is closer to null now.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:41 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 275, Trekkie99 wrote:Wow don't know what to make of this. LolWagons has made some pretty good points.
HA!

LolWagons misrepping me openly and loudly = making some pretty good points?

I'm gonna spell out this timeline.
  • I read LolWagon's ISO and see transparent arguments with Mewtaph and decent thoughts about the game and put him at the top of my town reads.
  • You don't think he's interacting with players enough.
  • I notice alright, there's less interaction that I originally noticed. Still don't think it's scummy. Ask you to elaborate.
  • Before you can respond, LolWagons accuses me of completely abandoning my read.
  • I explain that I was just trying to see your perspective.
  • LolWagons continues to misrep that I now scumread their previous interactions in the game, despite the fact that I'm transparent about that not being the case.
  • I vote LolWagons.
  • "LolWagons has made some pretty good points." - Trekkie99
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

I say lolwagons contributions have been lacking, podoboq says he can see my point, lolwagon says that podoboq is contradicting himself, podoboq says he isn't but that lolwagon's current behavior is scummy.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:44 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 199, mbaki wrote:I townread Dann's reaction to Gamma Emerald. Not sure if I townread Gamma Emerald.

VOTE: Doughboy
In post 213, mbaki wrote:Dannflor, Lolwagons, and mbaki is the town core I am working with.
In post 276, mbaki wrote:I DID scumread him, but his play improved. He is closer to null now.
This is everything you have had to say about Gamma since removing your vote from him..?

Nothing here implies that your view on him has significantly changed.

And I thought your initial scumread was bullshit. Whatever you pretend to think about him now, your initial scumread was still bullshit.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 278, Trekkie99 wrote:I say lolwagons contributions have been lacking, podoboq says he can see my point, lolwagon says that podoboq is contradicting himself, podoboq says he isn't but that lolwagon's current behavior is scummy.
I'd color that with more nuance and detail if I were you, but that's a reasonable perspective. I don't believe "I can see what you're saying" = "I agree with you," so I don't see any contradiction. If you do, and if LolWagons does, maybe that's just a misunderstanding.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 279, podoboq wrote:Not sure if I townread Gamma Emerald.
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 277, podoboq wrote:
In post 275, Trekkie99 wrote:Wow don't know what to make of this. LolWagons has made some pretty good points.
HA!

LolWagons misrepping me openly and loudly = making some pretty good points?

I'm gonna spell out this timeline.
  • I read LolWagon's ISO and see transparent arguments with Mewtaph and decent thoughts about the game and put him at the top of my town reads.
  • You don't think he's interacting with players enough.
  • I notice alright, there's less interaction that I originally noticed. Still don't think it's scummy. Ask you to elaborate.
  • Before you can respond, LolWagons accuses me of completely abandoning my read.
  • I explain that I was just trying to see your perspective.
  • LolWagons continues to misrep that I now scumread their previous interactions in the game, despite the fact that I'm transparent about that not being the case.
  • I vote LolWagons.
  • "LolWagons has made some pretty good points." - Trekkie99
I understand you changed your mind about lolwagons not because I said his contributions were lacking but because he took offense to you seeing my point, but I do feel you were a little bit quick to change your mind about him.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:49 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 199, mbaki wrote:Not sure if I townread Gamma Emerald.
Reads, "My read hasn't significantly changed" to me.

Also, I fixed your quote tag for you.
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 280, podoboq wrote:
In post 278, Trekkie99 wrote:I say lolwagons contributions have been lacking, podoboq says he can see my point, lolwagon says that podoboq is contradicting himself, podoboq says he isn't but that lolwagon's current behavior is scummy.
I'd color that with more nuance and detail if I were you, but that's a reasonable perspective. I don't believe "I can see what you're saying" = "I agree with you," so I don't see any contradiction. If you do, and if LolWagons does, maybe that's just a misunderstanding.
Apologies. It was a quick post mainly for myself so I could keep everything straight in my head lol.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:50 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 282, Trekkie99 wrote:I do feel you were a little bit quick to change your mind about him.
I feel like I've got more in these last two pages than I did in the rest of the game combined.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:51 am

Post by mbaki »

Ty

No, people don't say the sentence "not sure if I townread" about their scumreads.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:52 am

Post by podoboq »

Going out to dinner. I'm looking forward to coming back to this game late tonight/tomorrow morning.
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 285, podoboq wrote:
In post 282, Trekkie99 wrote:I do feel you were a little bit quick to change your mind about him.
I feel like I've got more in these last two pages than I did in the rest of the game combined.
:lol:
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 280, podoboq wrote:
For the last time, the direction of the read doesn’t matter. Truly it does not. It’s that one person said I was lacking contributions and you completely 180’d on what you were SAYING about me. If I wanted to OMGUS or throw shade on people just for suspecting me I definitely wouldn’t have townread Trekkie.

Trekkie at that point had two sentences about how I wasn’t contributing and that undid your rationale on your townread on me. That’s a red flag. You immediately went from “he’s interacting and not afraid to disagree” to “he only interacted with mewtaph”. It’s not the read. It’s the rationale behind it that was apparently so fragile.

What bothers me is you trying to rope in Trekkie by saying you were trying to see his perspective. Yet you pre emptively started deconstructing everything you had said about me before you got more of his perspective.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by LolWagons »

The absolute best case scenario is your strong townread on me was so fragile that two sentences from Trekkie changed it. Then instead of owning the fact it was a leap you had to reframe it as trying to see his perspective. If you had really wanted to see his perspective why did you start elaborating on the read for him?
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by LolWagons »

If you’re town you have completely blown this out of proportion, especially using phrasing like “attacking”

Like shit dude I wasn’t even voting you. And now you’re voting me for reacting strongly? Somehow?
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by mbaki »

VOTE: Podoboq

One away from lynch.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 292, mbaki wrote:VOTE: Podoboq

One away from lynch.
Ew. No.

I’m not for sure if he’s scum or a drama queen yet but this feels like you baiting me into a hammer.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Well he’s a drama queen either way but you get the gist
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Wait is he even at L-1?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Dannflor »

First of all

UNVOTE: Sheepsaysmeep

Woo finally we got some life blood in this game

gonna read over the last few pages and be back
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by mbaki »

In post 295, LolWagons wrote:Wait is he even at L-1?
:lol:
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Trekkie99 »

One away from lynch.
Those two things in the same sentence in the manner in which you've so plainly stated them makes me uneasy.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 220, Dannflor wrote:
In post 167, mbaki wrote:Right now I am working from Xtoxm, Lolwagons, and Dannflor as townies. I have waffled mentally a lot between Podoboq and Mewtaph, I do not believe it is theater though so if one is scum and flips there's that at least. bristep123 and Doughboy have not posted that I remember since I became involved in the game.
In post 213, mbaki wrote:Dannflor, Lolwagons, and mbaki is the town core I am working with.
What happened between these two posts? Why did you read Xtoxm as town initially and why did you remove him from your working town list in favor of yourself despite Xtoxm not posting at all between that change. What changed your mind?
Could you answer this, mbaki?
In post 239, LolWagons wrote:I think Trekkie is probably town for going after someone most people thought was town but Podo hopping off his read of me quickly is a bit disconcerting.
Agree with Trekkie town read. There are way easier scum reads to push than mbaki and LolWagons.

However, this whole feud between LolWagons and Podoboq the last few pages seems pretty baseless. All podoboq said was he saw the argument Trekkie was making. I did the same thing the page before! I townread mbaki in my big reads post and then realized podoboq made some good points and started reconsidering. That's not to say my read has changed significantly or flipped, but I did see the points he was making. I'm seeing the same thing here and I'm unsure how this evolved into a big argument.
I wouldn't personally view someone "seeing my argument" as jumping off their read
Yes exactly this thank you voice of reason

I don't think podoboq has stated anywhere that his read was changing and I don't feel comfortable with a lynch on him right now. Getting town vs. town vibes from this initially but I'm gonna go back and reread the last few pages from both podoboq and Lolwagons because it's a bit convoluted in the way the drama builds imo. Like, this feels really out of the blue. Which either means this is town vs. town dumbfoolery or scum freaked out somewhere along the lines here. I feel the former but a reread is still warranted.
In post 298, Trekkie99 wrote:

One away from lynch.
Those two things in the same sentence in the manner in which you've so plainly stated them makes me uneasy.
Unless I'm missing something, Podoboq is L-2, not L-1. mbaki, Mewtaph, and Gamma Emerald are currently voting for him. This is easily verifiable and the deliberate way in which mbaki did this makes me think it was an experiment to see who would try to hammer or express intent to hammer. Does scum do that?

Other things I don't think scum does or says:
In post 156, mbaki wrote:I have glazed over almost every Mewtaph post this game. Just the way he types I guess.
In post 63, mbaki wrote:VOTE: Podoboq

You may place your vote back as it is no longer l-1!
In post 116, mbaki wrote:VOTE: Dannflor

I have no solid reads yet in either direction. If anybody wants to inquire as to why I'm voting Dannflor despite my only comments towards his slot being partially agreeing with his case, come to that conclusion yourself.

Dannflor, how competent of a scum player do you reckon you are? Can you link your most recent 2 scum games please?
In the two latter instances, mbaki is the first vote on individuals that relatively little suspicion had been directed towards yet during the game. Particularly with his vote on me, there were two healthy wagons in Mewtaph and Podoboq that—even if he didn't want to himself hammer the L-1 Mewtaph—he could have at least pushed towards vaguely. Instead he went for different directions. It's a more opaque style of play but it reads town. I don't see it as a delay or confusion tactic either as I don't think we were—or are—far enough along in the day for scum to need that. (unless mbaki is scum team with Mewtaph?)

I'd still like an explanation on what he was trying with his last vote on Podoboq, but I think he's town.

Fucking hell I need some scum reads everyone can't be town VOTE: bristep123

Oh one last thing

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”