the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by the worst »

Personally I still think it's pro-town? If it's a town conformable role then when it is claimed later (unless it's cc'd) it's as good as gold. vice versa if it's a scum conformable role at least we've kinda got something to hunt for and a bit more setup info..

we should know sooner or later whether flavour has an impact on the game (the fun stuff seems to indicate it does)
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

It isn’t Duran.

Why did you do that Varsoon? Why?

Why didn’t you ask me if the name I’d been given. had a D in it or something?

Then I could have put your mind at ease and you wouldn’t have claimed.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3561, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3554, Varsoon wrote:If you're town here, I'll apologize in post-game and also have quite a few words with the mod about designing setups specifically made to fuck town.
No, you fucking apologize to me rn!

Because I am 100% flipping town here.
I take offense to being accused of "abusiveness" for describing AN posts as combative/etc.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm also a little at a loss for why Varsoon full claimed but if he felt like he'd crumbed too hard and he knows the scumteam knows he's a thing it kinda makes sense that way, not just from a solving POV
--
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 3598, Nauci wrote: This flavor shit is now completely bananas and I am shaking my fist at Krazy's popcorn bucket
You just made me lol irl.
10/10 much better than shos attempt to case me
:giggle:
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3566, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3560, Varsoon wrote:The other reason I'm claiming all this now is that I'm fairly sure I tilted too much anyway and was gonna catch a kill and, as the mod re-iterated, Informed players don't flip their information.

P-EDIT: I commented on that earlier, that could make sense. If that's the case, then Xtoxm and AlmostNancy as partners might make sense--didn't AlmostNancy defend there a bit? Regardless, we should flip AlmostNancy first.
Tell me what you think my fucking role is here Varsoon and how you even know what it is?

Since I have never mentioned word one about it’

I wanted to be crystal clear about what my role was, since Krazy said the part I’m informed about, will not be revealed post-flip.
Varsoon was told that scum are informed of his flavor/role's existence.

Your information seemed to be awareness of his flavor's existence.

This isn't a pure logic implication since non-scum could also have been informed of the role's existence, but it does apply that not knowing = not scum. Obviously, town wouldn't be able toknow who didn't know this.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3598, Nauci wrote:For the record, Duran is a Xel'naga, a species separate from the 3 main factions in the game. They're more like god-tier creatures who push the other 3 around like chess pieces. So I'd be inclined to think Varsoon is 3p (probably non town killing 3p?) and that there's an evil Duran in the game. Duran is a Xel'naga species character who has disguised as various characters throughout the franchise of arguable virtue to push the narrative along.

This flavor shit is now completely bananas and I am shaking my fist at Krazy's popcorn bucket
I’m only familiar with one kind of Duran.

Spoiler:

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 3606, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3598, Nauci wrote:For the record, Duran is a Xel'naga, a species separate from the 3 main factions in the game. They're more like god-tier creatures who push the other 3 around like chess pieces. So I'd be inclined to think Varsoon is 3p (probably non town killing 3p?) and that there's an evil Duran in the game. Duran is a Xel'naga species character who has disguised as various characters throughout the franchise of arguable virtue to push the narrative along.

This flavor shit is now completely bananas and I am shaking my fist at Krazy's popcorn bucket

Spoiler:
I was thinking this but the timing seemed off.. :giggle:
is this still Nancy?
--
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3567, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3564, Varsoon wrote:Consider my point of view.
I literally just came out of a towngame with Shoshin and Skitter where if I had just claimed my guilty instead of softed it on D2, we would have very likely won the game.
I’m not considering the pov of anyone is is mad enough to mislynch me. and apparently knows what my character is, despite me never flavour claiming it.

So, you would townread me for being selfish and not outting all that I know here?

I fucking hope I never play another game with you, in that case.
I feel like you frequently misread other players' posts and react dramatically to the quick conclusions you form from imperfect data. I don't feel like the above is an accurate characterization of Varsoon's information claim or accusation, whether intentional or not.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3605, Nauci wrote:
In post 3566, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3560, Varsoon wrote:The other reason I'm claiming all this now is that I'm fairly sure I tilted too much anyway and was gonna catch a kill and, as the mod re-iterated, Informed players don't flip their information.

P-EDIT: I commented on that earlier, that could make sense. If that's the case, then Xtoxm and AlmostNancy as partners might make sense--didn't AlmostNancy defend there a bit? Regardless, we should flip AlmostNancy first.
Tell me what you think my fucking role is here Varsoon and how you even know what it is?

Since I have never mentioned word one about it’

I wanted to be crystal clear about what my role was, since Krazy said the part I’m informed about, will not be revealed post-flip.
Varsoon was told that scum are informed of his flavor/role's existence.

Your information seemed to be awareness of his flavor's existence.

This isn't a pure logic implication since non-scum could also have been informed of the role's existence, but it does apply that not knowing = not scum. Obviously, town wouldn't be able toknow who didn't know this.
I was not informed of Varsoon’s flavour’s existence. The flavour I was informed of is not Duran. I have absolutely no idea, which 2 players in the game have possibly either flavour - either the original ____ or the probably corrupted version.

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3570, the worst wrote:Actually I think her consistent Presence wrt wagon pushing is far more likely to come from town!Nauci than scum!Nauci
Funny enough

I actually empathize with xtoxm's POV here

I initially wanted to protest about how the hell I'm openwolfing, but I have been pressuring everywhere because we've been so confused and it has led to multiple people claiming (obviously not from my solo efforts)

It'd probably be a legit scum strategy to out or narrow down TPR IF there wasn't scum present in the set of wagons we've been chasing down

but I genuinely believe that there are multiple scum within it and am hounding them and they are turning out to all make weird claims and I think that it's neither town clearing to have these claims nor narrowing down possible TPR because Krazy is a mad man and I have no idea what's going on mechanically any more so I'm just going to hunt based on playstyle and tone reads at this point \o/

But I thought the sentiment was actually towny from xtoxm
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3607, the worst wrote:
In post 3606, AlmostNancy wrote:

Spoiler:
I was thinking this but the timing seemed off.. :giggle:
is this still Nancy?
Yes but I think A50 might still possibly appreciate it. :wink:

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I disagree about Xtom, Nauci.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3573, AlmostNancy wrote:You will see why, once I flip.
This feels like the 4th "ONCE I FLIP YOU'LL SEE WHY I'M TOWN" this game

I'm starting to hate whatever mechanics are at work

I can't even tell who's cagier at this point it's a race to the bottom
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I just don't care that much about mechanics. I want to find the scum, that's all.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3580, AlmostNancy wrote:1 town, the “original” and 1 scum, probably infested terran, right? and obviously, the same is true for you.
I thought this was going to be Stukov instead of Duran
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3585, Shoshin wrote:I think Nancy should claim.
I disagree
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3608, Nauci wrote:
In post 3567, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3564, Varsoon wrote:Consider my point of view.
I literally just came out of a towngame with Shoshin and Skitter where if I had just claimed my guilty instead of softed it on D2, we would have very likely won the game.
I’m not considering the pov of anyone is is mad enough to mislynch me. and apparently knows what my character is, despite me never flavour claiming it.

So, you would townread me for being selfish and not outting all that I know here?

I fucking hope I never play another game with you, in that case.
I feel like you frequently misread other players' posts and react dramatically to the quick conclusions you form from imperfect data. I don't feel like the above is an accurate characterization of Varsoon's information claim or accusation, whether intentional or not.
I understood at the time that I thought he was saying that I had either revealed my flavour or that he somehow knew what it was, despite my never having even so much as hinted at it.

The, I realized that I had misunderstood what he was saying.

What totally freaked me out in the first place, was it was BECAUSE of what Varsoon posted, that I decided to do this. I realized that my role PM by itself, would not make all of what I know clear but now, it 100% will. No way can scum misinterpret what my flip shall reveal.

That’s why I think it’s antitown for me to fullclaim because rn, scum won’t want me to flip, because it will fuck them and that is the only way, we avoid being NK’d.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 3610, Nauci wrote:But I thought the sentiment was actually towny from xtoxm
I might be swinging a different way bc Different People but I found his stance on you openwolfing to be like... really narrow minded and not really take into account the holistic agenda you're working through your ISO

like its probably possible for scum!Nauci to execute your last ~20 posts but your entire trajectory and the way you've clearly hounded the slots you are not townreading and the way you've reacted to claims today doesn't look like a scum agenda to me at all

idk I just didn't feel his post
--
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Nauci »

That's true

But I thought it was a reasonable reaction to everything past performer's claim

Like, I grok the sentiment of being frustrated with how many purported tpr have claimed from his perspective

While from my perspective I've seen too many scum fake claims (NOT THAT ANYONE I KNOW IN PARTICULAR WOULD HAVE INFLUENCED ME HERE) to worry about it as much
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeah well you'll feel the shit on your face after I flip worst
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Nauci »

@A50: D1 you said you were hanging back because you struggle to form reads d1. Now that we have 3 flips, what's your read list?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by the worst »

@Nauci I have no idea what you mean.. :shifty: but yeah, I kinda grind my teeth avoiding lynches for mechanical reasons as well. but if we were in a town of the worsts, we would have lynched Kokichi and to hell with the minute risk of him being a late activating IC.
--
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Mechanics are the most fun part of mafia for me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Shoshin »

There's better games if all you want is to solve a logic puzzle.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”