Micro 839: Two-in-One (its over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 74, Elsa Jay wrote: Ahh, the old "I know you are but what am I?" Trick. Amazing skillset to have.
Why do you characterize it that way instead of giving an honest answer to a question which you apparently believe to be of some significance?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Clearly I still have my vote on irrelephant and my opinion about xyzzy was answered. The main thing I wanted was their opinion on you, and now I got that answer.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:00 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 70, Pine wrote:
In post 49, Persivul wrote:
In post 27, Pine wrote: So hey y'all. I'm doing a new thing this game. I'm a VT/VT. Discuss.
The only town motivation to declare that would be to play D1 wifom bullshit like A50 does.

I like lynching A50 early. :P

VOTE: 1 Pine
VOTE: 2 Pine
Nope, not the only reason :]
In post 53, Taly wrote:
In post 42, Pine wrote:Yeah, but...Townpings from me ought to be viewed with suspicion. Just sayin'.
So why comment on people reading you and not your thoughts on them?
Keeping it light so far. *thumbsup*
In post 56, xyzzy wrote:
for day 1 we should essentially treat this as one game. once we have things like investigation results tomorrow that changes things
, and obviously if someone makes an uncountered claim in one game, we should leave that person alone, but lynching two different people seems way too easy for scum in both games to manipulate. if we settle on one person, the odds that we get a hit in at least one game go up by an enormous amount. like, if a given player is scum in one game and town in the other, if it's looking like they'll get lynched in exactly one game, they'll logically want to do everything in their power to make sure it's the town game where they die. by lynching one person in both games you deny them that opportunity. yeah, there's a pretty low chance of one person being scum in both games, so statistically it's likely to be a mislynch in one, but that same math applies to lynching anyone (no matter who dies, the odds are not in our favor). sometimes you get a mislynch. you just gotta not repeat that mistake and then you win.
That said, this feels scummy, especially bolded. Sounds like bad faith gamesolving.
do you disagree with my analysis that a person who is scum in one game and town in the other would prefer to be lynched in the town game given the choice between the two? and if so, do you disagree that strategically taking away the ability for scum to do that is a good plan?

if you think I'm arguing in bad faith, then that's fair, but you haven't actually clarified your thoughts on my plan.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

I kinda don't like your plan for the simple fact it feels like it takes the whole '2 in 1' part of the game out of it. Along with the fact that I can easily see claims etc bringing complications to your whole idea. So I dislike it
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Maki is a like minded individual. Much sense, she has.

The elephant has unexpectly disappeared. Wherever could he be?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 67, Taly wrote:Would we get the results of that lynch immediately? Before D1 ends for the other game? Or do we get 2 lynch-flips at once, at the end of both dayphases?
Once a majority is reached, a lynch is immediately achieved.
However, flips will only be revealed when both lynches are achieved, during the Twilight Phase.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I think Elsa’s read on me is BS (why scumread me for disagreeing with the idea to have separate lynched but not xyzzy?)but without much experience with him I can’t tell if this is him posturing to generate AI content or a real read
If the latter, I scumread Elsa
I also think Persivul’s “meh” read on me is B

The fact that both lynches flip simultaneously makes me return to wanting to lynch a single player in both games
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Pine »

xyzzy I think your plan is reductive and makes unreasonable assumptions about how others would react to a situation I suspect you may have found yourself in. QED, made in bad faith
In post 74, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 73, Persivul wrote:
In post 71, Elsa Jay wrote:Pine, how do you feel about xyzzy and persival putting you at L-2 in both games at once for you claiming early?
How do
you
feel about it?
Ahh, the old "I know you are but what am I?" Trick. Amazing skillset to have.
That is not what happened there. The quoted accusation is disingenuous
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

It's also funny.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 30, xyzzy wrote:
In post 27, Pine wrote:BEHOLD IT IS I, PINE, IN MY FIRST GAME IN LIKE SIX MONTHS

So hey y'all. I'm doing a new thing this game. I'm a VT/VT. Discuss.
I don't think an actual VT/VT would claim this early

VOTE: C14 Pine
VOTE: B7 Pine
I think I agree that double-VT wouldn’t claim like this
But I’m not sure I’m sold on the idea that makes him VT+Scum
In post 39, Taly wrote:
Irrelephant
, because
xyzzy
hasn't voted or mentioned me yet,
Irrelephant
mentioned me as a hypothetical scum for his point. You've only responded to one of them thus far, even though they both seem alright with double-voting.

I don't think
xyzzy's
vote in was RVS?
I can’t decide if I think this misunderstanding (Elsa thinking xyzzy was RVS voting - I think it was obvious he wasn’t RVS voting) is non-partner-y. I think I think so?
In post 44, Maki Harukawa wrote:Ngl I was really confused (and still am) on how the whole scum pt thing works on how they can talk to each other thing goes.
Like are the 2 scum for 1 game in a pt and the other 2 in one but they can also use it as a neighborhood to talk about the other game?
If so that's wacky. What if you sr your partner but you can't say anything cause you'd be outting yourself in the other game.
My head hurts just thinking about it
This kinda sounds like someone who’s trying to crumb that they’re scum who’s scumreading their partner
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 63, Elsa Jay wrote:Atleast it seems my "1 game at a time" idea worked out. Funally enough, we get 2 weeks total, so the first week is with the ever so slightly more complicated Bird 7p. We'll have next week to lynch in Carbon.
This is not how I read your initial suggestion to have two separate lynches. I thought you wanted to play both games simultaneously, placing separate votes on two different players you found scummy. I can sort of get behind playing one game at a time, but i still feel like it is more likely to lead to two mislynches than two scum lynches (as opposed to the other method which I think is most likely to hit one scum *and* one town)
In post 66, Taly wrote:
In post 58, Irrelephant11 wrote: What that I’ve said makes you feel the bolded?
Unless you’re just referring to my reason to scumread Elsa’s entrance to the thread?
Do you disagree that there could be scum motivation to lynching different people in each game?

I’ve tried to think about how someone would play as s/s, s/t, or t/t and i think FA’s suggestion is very fitting for s/t
Yeah, I was meaning your interaction with
Elsa

And no, I do see potential scum motivation in lynching different people. But I also see town. (For reasons why I think double-lynching wasn't a good option in my opening posts) I think someone's idea on
"ideal play"
here is NAI to some degree. Which was why I felt off about you/
Elsa's
interaction, as if it were a forced dichotomy.
In post 58, Irrelephant11 wrote:I voted Elsa with a random one of my two votes to try to show her how silly it is to only half vote (/I was kinda trying to be funny)
I do think the idea of using aritificial deadlines to play just one game at a time might be interesting
But I feel better about your intentions now with this.

In that case; just think if this were one game for a moment; what are your reads?
I’m townreading you (reads the most honest) and Pine (mostly tonal reasons). I mayyybe townread xyzzy for what I read as good setup spec but otoh i should probably read that as NAI. I don’t have a strong read on Maki but I’ve shared why I think she might be VT+scum. I nullread Persivul but my read there might change depending on the reasoning for his read on me. I scumread Elsa for reasons below
In post 69, Elsa Jay wrote:Tfw you mention the idea of focusing on 1 game but Maki comes in and sweeps up the credit.
I don’t townread how you’re concerned with getting “credit” - reminds me of scum players in the Coalition setup who are overly concerned with receiving towncred when they feel it’s due
In post 71, Elsa Jay wrote:Pine, how do you feel about xyzzy and persival putting you at L-2 in both games at once for you claiming early?

Who is more scummy? For consistancy, we're focused on Bird right now, not Carbon.
I thought you thought xyzzy’s vote was RVS? Did I miss a post where you changed your mind on that?
Regardless this feels kinda “hey don’t you wanna scumread those two players for that thing they did?”
But that might be confbias talking? I don’t understand the need for the slightly aggressive response to Persivul shortly after this, either
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 79, Elsa Jay wrote:Maki is a like minded individual. Much sense, she has.

I don’t feel like I’ve been gone long enough to warrant this callout. Feels more like trying to build a mislynch than actual concern for my thoughts (see: Taly’s questions regarding my reads, etc)
both votes: elsa

Persivul please explain your read on me
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

19 hours to a bored Elsa is an eternity, and you were gone for 19 hours.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Votecount 1.3

C14

Pine
(2): xyzzy, Persivul
Elsa Jay
(1): Irrelephant11

No Lynch
(1): Maki Harukawa
Not Voting
(3): Pine, Taly, Elsa Jay

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to achieve majority.

--

B7

Pine
(2): xyzzy, Persivul
Elsa Jay
(1): Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
(1): Elsa Jay

Not Voting
(3): Pine, Taly, Maki Harukawa

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to achieve majority.
Deadline in (expired on 2019-01-02 17:37:00)
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Taly »

im alive guys, i had to poo for 22 hours straight

going to start organizing posts and thoughts now

"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I’m only realizing now that there’s good odds 2/3 of you are scum

Xyzzy, Pine, how do you each read Elsa?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Taly »

Spoiler: Quote-By-Quote Post
In post 69, Elsa Jay wrote:Tfw you mention the idea of focusing on 1 game but Maki comes in and sweeps up the credit.
The closest thing I can think of in your ISO to
Maki's
idea is you expressing on Page 1 that you'd like to vote separately, not mentioning double-lynches/votes or how we should specifically handle the separate games.

Do you think the agreement with
Maki's
posts are unjustified? What is your read on her?
How do
you
feel about it?
This reads as deflective.
In post 76, Elsa Jay wrote:Clearly I still have my vote on irrelephant and my opinion about xyzzy was answered. The main thing I wanted was their opinion on you, and now I got that answer.
So your vote on
Irrelephant
since is serious, yet you haven't directly engaged with him for about 50 posts?

- You said
xyzzy
was voting in RVS and to not be bothered with him, despite his partial agreement with
Irrelephant
on how to go about this dayphase - which I believe is the reason for your vote?

You are replying selectively.
In post 79, Elsa Jay wrote:Maki is a like minded individual. Much sense, she has.

In post 87, Elsa Jay wrote:19 hours to a bored Elsa is an eternity, and you were gone for 19 hours.
Especially down here - why the mention of
Irrelephant's
posting activity and not people that haven't posted for longer intervals?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Taly »

@Irrelephant's

Solving for 2 games simultaneously makes a distinction between both difficult. I still agree with the plan given the mod's response.

Entertaining pre-flip associatives D1 will not help here. (Regarding
Elsa
)

Can you elaborate on
Maki
being VT+Scum?
In post 77, xyzzy wrote:
do you disagree with my analysis that a person who is scum in one game and town in the other would prefer to be lynched in the town game given the choice between the two?
and if so, do you disagree that strategically taking away the ability for scum to do that is a good plan?

if you think I'm arguing in bad faith, then that's fair, but you haven't actually clarified your thoughts on my plan.
The bolded assumes that a mislynch would be made, and therefore, not a plan that is concerned with scumhunting.

Do you have other reads aside from
Pine
? And can you elaborate on how
Pine
is likely scum in at least one game given his opening post?

I'd like
Persivul
to answer the above as well, and for his read on
Maki
and her posts so far.

(About
Pine
) I don't see scum posting something that could be interpreted in many different ways as a VT/VT claim. It reads as gauging for reactions and thinking below the surface level.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Taly »

I'm trying to do less walls and more concise/condensed version of my thoughts for comprehension.

Also, I'm probably going VLA from around Dec. 23 to Dec. 26 because of the holidays

I'll possibly still post within non-prod parameters, but just giving a heads-up.

I'll have a readslist soon
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Taly »

also
pers
, i wanna know what game about
elsa
you meant originally (and your reads there and here) if you are able to discuss it

ive played with
jaydragonking
once but it was awhile ago and so the meta is very unreliable
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I dont remember you either, if that helps, Taly.

Meta isn't really something that works effectively on me since I change it based on my mood, the players, the setup, and the gamestate. Pick any of my 2 games and see if you see similarities.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 90, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’m only realizing now that there’s good odds 2/3 of you are scum

Xyzzy, Pine, how do you each read Elsa?
See the bolded below:
In post 82, Pine wrote:xyzzy I think your plan is reductive and makes unreasonable assumptions about how others would react to a situation I suspect you may have found yourself in. QED, made in bad faith
How do
you
feel about it?
That is not what happened there. The quoted accusation is disingenuous
Granted, I could have been more explicit, but I find Elsa's conduct a bit hinky. It's not a strong read, but it suggests an agenda.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Can we try to get out of all the mech talk now. Because I'm started to scumread people but I scumread them as a whole and that's obv a problem because they can be town in 1 game and scum in the other.
So let's focus on c7 is good with people.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Ironic typo is ironic. I meant B7
VOTE: B7 vote Irrelephant
Your anger in Elsa feels overly defensive and not even that warranted for that matter.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 87, Elsa Jay wrote:19 hours to a bored Elsa is an eternity, and you were gone for 19 hours.
I have to admit this kinda struck me as towny
This might just be a play style + “defining ideal play” difference
UNVOTE: both
I’ll re evaluate tomorrow

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”