Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

"Doesn't feel like a bad player"
"Isn't derping from what I can see"

You choose to translate that as "knowing game terms is a towntell because you mention his use of game terms as an example that he isn't playing poorly, amongst other examples and a clear gut/tonal read and I'd like to argue that stance with you"

First off, that's daft.
Second off, even though I love to argue I really fail to see the point here.
Make it or stop boring me.
Last edited by Jingle on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 549, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm trying to understand your point of view. You've dodged again.
I dodged by pointing out you're straw manning me?
Well...yeah, in the sense you straw manned me you're correct that I'm not addressing or defending the made up argument you're attributing to me, so, that's sorta a valid claim, but...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

Like, straight up Cheeky - did you think I was claiming that, and only that, he knew game terms it was proof he was a good player?
Yes or no?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ehhhh. It's too nice a day to be frustrated by you today.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 545, CheekyTeeky wrote:I didn't realise knowing game turns was towny. If I extend your argument:
"Don't dodge defending this point that is clearly your point, Thor!" :roll:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 553, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ehhhh. It's too nice a day to be frustrated by you today.
I was trying to avoid the derp, you claimed I was dodging, now are you dodging?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:28 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 555, Thor665 wrote:
In post 553, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ehhhh. It's too nice a day to be frustrated by you today.
I was trying to avoid the derp, you claimed I was dodging, now are you dodging?
Yes I'm dodging now because if you're going to keep attacking my argument instead of trying to help me see that your read wasn’t rubbish you pulled out of your ass then this isn't a line of enquiry that's going to help me determine your alignment.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why are you trying to understand me by straw manning me? You *had* to know that was a straw man?
Why not just ask for clarification?
Also, what is confusing you about the stance *other* than the straw man issue which is face value daft and clearly not what I was saying?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 550, Thor665 wrote:"Doesn't feel like a bad player"
"Isn't derping from what I can see"

You choose to translate that as "knowing game terms is a towntell because you mention his use of game terms as an example that he isn't playing poorly, amongst other examples and a clear gut/tonal read
Isn't this a clarification?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:37 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 557, Thor665 wrote:Why are you trying to understand me by straw manning me? You *had* to know that was a straw man?
Why not just ask for clarification?
So it might be a strawman to you but it was my intent to show you how I read it, and push you to explain how you came to conclusion Crocolisk was town based on his nothing iso (imo).

I've been asking for clarification:
In post 545, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm left wondering how you made that read based on nothing much
Or
In post 547, CheekyTeeky wrote:What are you saying then? Would you like me to quote your read to show you how that's explicitly what it reads like?
Or
In post 549, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm trying to understand your point of view.
Omochao
Omochao
Goon
Omochao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Omochao »

In post 534, Thor665 wrote:So you plan to scumhunt by intentionally ignoring information you possess and hamstringing town's scumhunting efforts?
idk its kinda weird if i use meta in an argument but if someone were to ask me for games for them to use id refuse because i dont want to out my main

seems unfair
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 559, CheekyTeeky wrote:Words
I refer back to my original question "do you honestly think that's what I was saying" because if the answer is 'yes' I have some other questions, and if the answer is 'no' why are you defending the obvious straw man. Frankly your aggressive approach and then reacting 'shocked' that I reacted negatively is kinda twigging me. Makes me feel like I scored a point on you and I wasn't even trying.

As far as my read - does 558 help you at all? I think that and my previous answer you quoted (straw man aside) do hold a relatively clear statement of my thought process.

Is it still losing you, and if so where exactly?
In post 560, Omochao wrote:
In post 534, Thor665 wrote:So you plan to scumhunt by intentionally ignoring information you possess and hamstringing town's scumhunting efforts?
idk its kinda weird if i use meta in an argument but if someone were to ask me for games for them to use id refuse because i dont want to out my main

seems unfair
So...again, to be clear, you are claiming that you're intentionally playing like you're dumb to avoid using knowledge you absolutely possess?
Or, are you using your meta knowledge and then lying about it if you present a case?

Neither situation sounds particularly helpful to town, so it annoys me if either is what you're doing.
Clarify?
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:50 am

Post by DuckDuckJab »

@Thor

I mean you
could
have synced your other games but fine yeah I'll concede the activity thing.

You still think A50 is scum so I see no point in talking about why you should or should not have voted when you did. If you change your vote now it would not be AI because he claimed now and the cat's out of the bag he's town. I don't see any positive gain from us having long winded discussions on the strategy of our approach to A50 because it's already done. You're either scum or wrong.

The sorting:
Have you noticed that you barely gave any opinion or case regarding your own reads?
Take me. Without re-reading your ISO, I only know 1 read you have formed. That A50 is scum. Apart from that I can
imply
that you agree with my whiteknight list and thus are SRing them but that's the extent of what I am able to tell. What you have done a lot of instead is argue against or ask questions about someone else's arguments while seemingly not reaching any conclusions regarding the alignments of the people they are sorting.

To clarify let's see the example of your conversation with me:

You had an issue/needed clarification on how I ended up with the 2 groups I had.
Like I said, it is possible you implied that you agree with the 3 whiteknight reads plus trivium as a 4th whiteknight from your pov. However this could just be my interpretation it wasn't clear at all because it wasn't stated and expanded upon. Anyone reading your posts can't tell if you think I'm town or scum, and they can't tell how you're reading the 5 names in my list after excluding yourself.

I don't know maybe I'm too stupid to see it so feel free to show me but if this is just a personality thing and this is how you genuinenly sort then I gotta tell you that from my pov you might as well be sorting people by yourself and just placing naked votes because I feel in the dark about where you stand most of the time. I think also in overkill games the only posts that clarified your opinion on someone to me was when you get into it with someone to get them lynched. That's when I'm like "oh thor scumreads x".
And like I accept that some people might only claim reads when they're pushing a wagon or defending a person being wagoned, but what happens if they do this as town and the wagon they're on doesn't get much support/doesn't get hammered and then they get nightkilled? What was their contribution?

Ftr I'm not saying your arguments are bad. I find myself agreeing some of them. Just there's no clear direction for where it's going and what reads you're forming based on them.
"Rumor has it he's that infamous human-sized duck. We don't know if it's true, but trust me, you don't want to fight him" - Chuck Norris
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 405, Omochao wrote:
Spoiler: two posts that were missed but are one liners anyway and don't actually matter that much
In post 402, Omochao wrote:(multi quote actually missed two posts and those will be forgotton to the void)
im feeling generous since these are both basically one-liners but im not going back, you guys only get post tags

: uhh ok.. im not sure why NO ONE voted this immediately after dropped.

: again i really don't like this, even if we cede that its shallow reasoning why wouldn't you just come outright and say that if you truly believed it... this isn't a good faith argument.

Gamma Emerald wrote:I mean I think in the back of my head I knew I was bandwagoning but that wasn’t what I was thinking when I voted
eh well i dont think that its scummy that you bandwagoned, i think you seized an opportunity in a way that doesn't seem town.
What? I don’t see the difference
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 417, CheekyTeeky wrote:Also why would Thor be at the top of anyone's readlist?
Are you scumreading Thor? If so why?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Gamma what do you think about DDJ saying you should've known better than to pile on A50's weird entrance?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 564, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 417, CheekyTeeky wrote:Also why would Thor be at the top of anyone's readlist?
Are you scumreading Thor? If so why?
No. He's oscillating around null.

He is both scum and town telling from what I know of his meta so yeah.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 424, Almost50 wrote:
Guys, you all suck! The new and the ones I know.

I'm a bloody COMMUTER. Com'on, get a hint.

That DarkLight vote sucks rocks. Gamma missing the point and pushing this is a scum tell (and by your own admission, mate). I'm still sus of Thor but I don't think all 3 scums are on my wagon.
The game is run in Coney Island though not in New York, so might not be a Normal, and thus could be multi-ball. If that's the case then it could be they are both scum of different factions.
skitter is always this stupid regarding me. EVERYTIME you don't understand, and EVERYTIME you understand after the fact, yet YOU NEVER LEARN. STOP FUCKING MESSING WITH MY D1 PLANS. Leave me alone in D1 and give me all you got starting D2. GDI.

@Roberts: Why are you voting me? Yeah, mate. Give me a straight answer. Cuz now I am not even sure if this game has a Town majority start. You all look like scum (well, the majority do). WHAT BLOODY JESTER??

Deleted broken tag because I wasn’t sure where it was supposed to end. ~Jingle
I...see the connection. Well played, I’m just super stupid.
UNVOTE:
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 430, Almost50 wrote:
In post 426, CheekyTeeky wrote:A50 do you have any modifiers? Any setup spec ideas based on your role?
Yeah. I'm an ascetic commuter. No, wait. I'm a BP commuter. :P

COMMUTER: Cannot be targeted at night. Now any additional info is anti-Town to give, and I'm wondering why you ask. I take it you're asking if it's compulsive or activated? And if activated then how many shots?? If so, my answer is: WHAT DO YOU CARE? All I wanted was to get Scum so confused they'd shoot me tonight. Now that's never going to happen.

@BuJ: That's why I said it hurts us to stop now. I am NOT getting shot, and still I will be suspected all the way to China even if an investigative targets me. I mean, I have two options now: Commute = waste a shot on a night we know Scum aren't targeting me on + prevent any PRs from verifying me. OR NOT COMMUTE, which will FORCE A PR TO CLAIM to confirm me.
Hmm that’s kinda shady from Cheeky tbh, like, think about who would want to know when a Commuter is active.
You picking up what I’m putting down?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 432, Almost50 wrote:Letting things go would have been MUCH easier. "No Night Kill". Scum would have been confused as hell, and while Town would have still been suspicious; ince I claimed it would have made sense to them, and probably outed a couple of Scums who would have been running around in circles chasing their own tails.
I admit I should have left it but the way you explained it initially felt like you were leaking scum-only intel and you were trying to cover it up.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 434, DarkLightA wrote:Where is your soft claim?
In post 435, DarkLightA wrote:/crumb
lol pls
I figured it out once he stated his role. No night kill = scum shot at commuter
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 447, LolWagons wrote:I don’t have issue with the crumb it’s actually an alright one

I just don’t think he’s town. A town commuter either tactfully tries to draw a kill by acting PR or they put a lot of effort into the game and take on a strong presence that hopefully lynches scum d1 or D2. That’s how they draw a kill.

They don’t constantly, blatantly softclaim a role to intimidate people out of voting then.
Honestly if I were him thinking I could be scum I’d play full intimidation on me trying to bait the NK
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 487, Almost50 wrote:Because I have so many SRs right now they can't be all scum.
I also am not worried about you endgaming. You don't have the skill (with all due respect) to pull that one off. I worry about the more elaborate scum such as Thor, who can indeed win this game single-handedly.
Thor isn’t scum and your read looks like pure paranoia. STAHP IT.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 532, Omochao wrote:coming back to give a more detailed answer than just ok and uhh
In post 522, DuckDuckJab wrote:And then another 1-2 scum in {thor/gamma/omochao, trivium}
i am trivium btw
dw i forgot too
Why did you switch accounts
The fact you did that honestly grosses me the fuck out. Like I can think of a couple reasons why, all of them are shitty and not pro-town.
VOTE: Omochao
<Embrace The Void>

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 573, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 532, Omochao wrote:coming back to give a more detailed answer than just ok and uhh
In post 522, DuckDuckJab wrote:And then another 1-2 scum in {thor/gamma/omochao, trivium}
i am trivium btw
dw i forgot too
Why did you switch accounts
The fact you did that honestly grosses me the fuck out. Like I can think of a couple reasons why, all of them are shitty and not pro-town.
VOTE: Omochao
Lmao. Gamma is a cute read too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”