Newbie 1907 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.13

foodcoats
(0)
L-5
:
YyottaCat
(1)
L-4
: Elements
Elements
(3)
L-2
: GuiltyLion, YyottaCat, u r a person 2
Scantius
(2)
L-3
: foodcoats, PvtUrist
u r a person 2
(2)
L-3
: Dongempire, sheepsaysmeep,
PvtUrist
(0)
L-5
:
sheepsaysmeep
(0)
L-5
:
Dongempire
(0)
L-5
:
GuiltyLion
(0)
L-5
:

not voting
: Scantius

This phase will end in (expired on 2018-12-29 16:30:00) or sooner if a majority lynch is achieved.

mod notes:

- back home now. for legibility i'll be editing the phase deadline into all VCs; hope this suits everyone fine.
- quack

reading this vote count

Spoiler:
the worst
1 (2)2
L-3
3 : PenguinPower, a goose4

1 the player who this line of the vote count refers to.
2 the number of votes currently on this player.
3 the number of votes this player is away from being lynched (e.g. L-5 = 5 votes from a lynch; L-3 = 3 votes away from a lynch; L-1 = one vote away from a lynch, etc.)
4 list of the players who are voting the player in question.
Last edited by the worst on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by YyottaCat »

Scantius, do you not like your role in this round?
Show
My signature in 2018-2019:
Fun Fact: This is a fact. Burger king foot lettuce isn't.
Fun Fact: The above fact is a fact.

My thoughts on my signature in 2018-2019:
What in the world even is "Burger king foot lettuce"?
I know what Burger King is but what is foot lettuce?
Is it lettuce made out of feet? Geez, I'm so different than how I used to be.
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by YyottaCat »

Dang it almost stole the pagetop
Show

PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 223, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 222, PvtUrist wrote: I'm leaning-town on Elements, as the only thing that seem scum to me is and what follows it, of which has been the discussion for the majority of page 7 and 8. I agree with the pressure and is interested in seeing his further responses, but I feel that his mistake/slip can come from either allignments. I'm more cautious of the people who are willing to lynch someone solely based on a single potential scum-slip, but will see how things go.
you talk here about why you dont wolfread him; can you explain more why he's leaning town for you?
I'm town-lean on Elements because;
In post 192, GuiltyLion wrote:
Most people are extra cautious/timid when they play scum
, they vet their posts and make an effort to track their trajectory/posts to be sure not to make a slip like this. It's clear regardless his alignment that Elements made a mistake, but is level of mistake is obvious enough that I'm questioning scum!Elements would miss it.

VOTE: Elements
If he's willing to be semi-wreckless and show mistakes, it tells me that they probably don't have much to hide, barring wifom, ofcourse.
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by YyottaCat »

In post 228, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 223, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 222, PvtUrist wrote: I'm leaning-town on Elements, as the only thing that seem scum to me is and what follows it, of which has been the discussion for the majority of page 7 and 8. I agree with the pressure and is interested in seeing his further responses, but I feel that his mistake/slip can come from either allignments. I'm more cautious of the people who are willing to lynch someone solely based on a single potential scum-slip, but will see how things go.
you talk here about why you dont wolfread him; can you explain more why he's leaning town for you?
I'm town-lean on Elements because;
In post 192, GuiltyLion wrote:
Most people are extra cautious/timid when they play scum
, they vet their posts and make an effort to track their trajectory/posts to be sure not to make a slip like this. It's clear regardless his alignment that Elements made a mistake, but is level of mistake is obvious enough that I'm questioning scum!Elements would miss it.

VOTE: Elements
If he's willing to be semi-wreckless and show mistakes, it tells me that they probably don't have much to hide, barring wifom, ofcourse.
Elements is doing the exact opposite of what is in the mind of something, which is something a lot of scum players might do, it might be on purpose.
Show

PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 229, YyottaCat wrote: Elements is doing the exact opposite of what is in the mind of something, which is something a lot of scum players might do, it might be on purpose.
What does this mean? "Purposely doing the exact opposite of what is in my mind?"

I'm more inclined to believe it to be a town-slip than a scum-wifom, I wouldn't think scum!Elements would be the type to try something as blatant as this (though I could be wrong). Likewise my points still stand;

1) I won't hammer solely based on it, and

2) Still am interested to see how he would personally respond.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 212, foodcoats wrote:However, the bigger part of why Elements ended up at the top of my town list is through a process of elimination. I've seen much scummier moves from URAP2 and Scantius, and I can also read a scum!GuiltyLion. Urist is a little lurky and I haven't had the time to really read into sheep's posts, so they are both at null because I can't really pin anything on them that leans either way for me. I think Dong actually is still kind of scummy - arguably scummier than both my null reads - but I found the level of sincerity in it's posts just too high to be easily faked by scum. Yyotta is a meta call and will probably never move to a full townread because of that, but I really do think I have to take stock of her play compared to other games of hers and give her town credit for that.
hmm, I think the first reason you stated for townreading him was better than this one.

You shouldn't really judge a single player off of "other people are scummier", it can lead you to have some epic misreads of the gamestate. I think it's okay to use process of elimination to find scum, because you're going to be more often right on townreads than wrong, but I'm not sure I think you can safely use 'process of elimination' to find town. There's only 2 scum and 7 town, most of the people you noted as having done scummy things are going to wind up town.

just my two cents
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 222, PvtUrist wrote:Haven't been much active lately due to Christmas/End of Year stuff.

I'm leaning-town on Elements, as the only thing that seem scum to me is and what follows it, of which has been the discussion for the majority of page 7 and 8. I agree with the pressure and is interested in seeing his further responses, but I feel that his mistake/slip can come from either allignments. I'm more cautious of the people who are willing to lynch someone solely based on a single potential scum-slip, but will see how things go.

I'm more suspicious of Scantius personally. He's been "soft cleared" early on and has been flying under the radar, only stopping to post either fluff or defense, and has
not applied a single point of pressure or provoked a single question
beyond .

VOTE: Scantius
maaaan this post basically singlehandedly killed my townread on PvtUrist :neutral: this is pretty much exactly how I'd expect scum to dance around the Elements question before safely parking their vote on an easier target. town points to sheep for calling it out too in
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 225, the worst wrote:foodcoats (0) L-5 :
YyottaCat (1) L-4 : Elements
Elements (3) L-2 : GuiltyLion, YyottaCat, u r a person 2
Scantius (2) L-3 : foodcoats, PvtUrist
u r a person 2 (2) L-3 : Dongempire, sheepsaysmeep,
PvtUrist (0) L-5 :
sheepsaysmeep (0) L-5 :
Dongempire (0) L-5 :
GuiltyLion (0) L-5 :

not voting : Scantius
also just gonna call this out in case I die early this game - this is one of those vote counts that could potentially be really instructive after a few flips. please remember to come back after you know the alignments of 3-4 players and see what is going on at this stage of mid D1.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 219, foodcoats wrote:I really have trouble with these counters, maybe because I don't believe in their sorcery... can someone help me confirm that this phase ends in the wee hours of 29th December as per the North American EST? I'm going to be pretty limited getting online for the next 3/4 days as I have family arriving today for the holidays.
also yes, the deadline is going to be around midnight on the 28th-29th, if I'm looking at it correctly. But we should make an effort to rally around at least one lynch and get a claim a couple days prior to that.

please everyone tell us if you're especially going to be limited during the holidays so we can adapt. I'll be around throughout
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 232, GuiltyLion wrote:
maaaan this post basically singlehandedly killed my townread on PvtUrist :neutral: this is pretty much exactly how I'd expect scum to dance around the Elements question before safely parking their vote on an easier target. town points to sheep for calling it out too in
I've stated my reasoning in .

Had Scantius not been town-read for you, would you have written differently? I suppose bring attention to a more lurky/passive player can be precieved as "safetly parking their vote on an easier target" afterall.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 234, GuiltyLion wrote:also yes, the deadline is going to be around midnight on the 28th-29th, if I'm looking at it correctly. But we should make an effort to rally around at least one lynch and get a claim a couple days prior to that.

please everyone tell us if you're especially going to be limited during the holidays so we can adapt. I'll be around throughout
I'll be around.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 224, u r a person 2 wrote: >Elements makes 2 groups of players, saying he believes there is one scum in each group.
I said at
most
one scum in each group. This doesn't mean I've completely disregarded everyone else as possible scum, that would be stupid. It is entirely plausible that none of them are scum.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Post by Elements »

and, shock horror, my reads on everyone has changed. I can see the possibility of a {GL, Yyotta} pairing now or even a {pvt, GL} team
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:21 pm

Post by Elements »

@urap2 other then mmy mistake with the yyotta vote etc why do you scum read me?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:02 am

Post by Donempire »

I dont get the scumread against elements. I havent seen anything particularly scummy against him. Can someone elaborate their reasoning?
Read 222 and have a few thoughts about it, expect a post within 6 hours
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:39 am

Post by YyottaCat »

My thoughts on lynching Elements:
Suppose Scan is scum, Scan is trying to protect Elements by townreading him. Elements is trying to make it look like that only one is scum. So if Elements is scum, Scan has a huge chance to be the scum partner. But if Elements turns out to be town, we can almost elimanate the possibilities of Scan being scum. Scantius, deal?
Show

Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Elements »

@yyotta are you saying me and scan are the same alignment?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:02 am

Post by Elements »

And what does "Elements is trying to make it look like that only one is scum." Mean?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:42 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 232, GuiltyLion wrote:this is pretty much exactly how I'd expect scum to dance around the Elements question before safely parking their vote on an easier target.
thats basically what i thought it felt like a whiteknight at the time yeah

his explanation seems fine though

whats this about elements making a mistake/slipping and how did i miss it
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Elements »

Merry Christmas everyone!
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

merry christmas and rip to thread activity for 24 hours
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 235, PvtUrist wrote: I've stated my reasoning in .
Similar to my past issues with foodcoats, it's less about a "lack of reasoning" and more about weird and artificial feeling hedging around it. Both in the original post I quoted and your -
In post 230, PvtUrist wrote: I wouldn't think scum!Elements would be the type to try something as blatant as this (though I could be wrong).
Why note that you could be wrong here?
In post 230, PvtUrist wrote: 1) I won't hammer solely based on it, and
Why talk about hammering? like what I want to know is your read on Elements, not whether or not you'd hammer him and why.
In post 230, PvtUrist wrote:2) Still am interested to see how he would personally respond.
If you think he's town, why do you need him to "personally respond"?

I don't really expect/want you to answer these questions, they're more rhetorical to show you why your posting/defense of Elements looks scummy in my view.
In post 230, PvtUrist wrote:Had Scantius not been town-read for you, would you have written differently? I suppose bring attention to a more lurky/passive player can be precieved as "safetly parking their vote on an easier target" afterall.
Eh, possibly. However he's a townread so that's not how I'm seeing this particular game. I don't care if players are lurky/passive, I care if they're town or scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 244, sheepsaysmeep wrote:whats this about elements making a mistake/slipping and how did i miss it
In post 224, u r a person 2 wrote:@fc
I don't really understand your confusion with regards to elements. You've seemed very reasonable last game and this game, and it doesn't really seem scummy to deny the slip because it's like denying that the sky is blue? I saw it, elements admitted to making the mistake and guilty lion saw it, so it happened. The question is how alignment indicative it is.

Here's one more go at explaining it.
>Elements makes 2 groups of players, saying he believes there is one scum in each group.
>He votes yyotta.
>He explains his vote by referring to and contradicting the first post
>Implying that he either didn't have his story straight or didn't know who he was voting for
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by the worst »

quack

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”