Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 413, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 371, Dannflor wrote:
In post 365, Trekkie99 wrote:Town: dannflor, mewtaph, podoboq, lolwagons

Mixed: gamma emerald, mbaki

Null: ofrhz, sheepsaysmeep
I ask again, why aren't you voting? You should at least be pressuring one of your mixed reads to get a better feel for them. Right now, you're doing... Nothing.
In post 367, Gamma Emerald wrote:I didn’t see any broken tags though...
Literally just look at the post and then how he fixed it two posts later. He was trying to quote me and failed. Do you have anything useful to offer the game? I mean I townread you earlier but your ISO has improved 0%.
I figured it out. Had to comb the thread for it though.
Anyway I notice a lot of people picking at Trekkie for having reads dissonance but he voted me for pressure? I’m sure there’s more to it but I wanna start discussion here
It's more that he said he was townreading you and then said you were most likely to flip scum. The read doesn't feel real

--

Pagetop c:

Pod, Dann, Lolwagons
Mew, Gamma, Sheep
Mbaki, Trekkie

VOTE: trekkie
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 425, ofrhz wrote:It's more that he said he was townreading you and then said you were most likely to flip scum. The read doesn't feel real.
I'm townreading everyone at the moment. Unfortunately I can't get a good scum read on anyone. Gamma Emerald is my best bet at the moment, but I'm hardly satisfied with it. In all fairness though it's only day one.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 422, ofrhz wrote:
In post 239, LolWagons wrote:I think Trekkie is probably town for going after someone most people thought was town but Podo hopping off his read of me quickly is a bit disconcerting.
Did you think trekkie's read on you was valid?

--
In post 258, mbaki wrote:
In post 214, podoboq wrote:I can't tell if mbaki's push on GE is scummy or not, but it's garbage either way. The fact that he came to the same conclusion, "I don't believe Gamma Emerald read the game and came to the conclusion his current nitpick is how he's going to find scum," but his next step was "therefore he's scum," doesn't make sense to me when that reads as extremely towny to me. Either mbaki is mistaking bad play for scummy play, or mbaki is just trying to justify his scumread without any real supporting evidence.
Except I'm
not voting Gamma Emerald
?
You don't have to vote someone to push or scumread them. I'm not sure what this was trying to prove

--

I think pod is town. I'd be fairly surprised if came from scum
Well, I don’t think it’s totally valid, no, because although I didn’t interact that much with others there were people higher up on his reads list that interacted less. But it had merits, most of my activity was with mewtaph.

I really don’t like how he’s reacted since then to Dann’s pressure, most answers seem to give him just enough to get Dann off his back but not to really press the discussion forward.

My thought is that if Trekkie is scum, then he went after me because I was on to someone. Obviously the most likely candidate would be Mew, but I don’t want to frame my whole reference around Mew-scum. I just don’t see scum-Trekkie taking on the task of pushing my slot unless there was something fairly large to be gained from it.

I intend to look over the game one more time when I get back to my place and have access to a PC. Right now I’d be lukewarm on a Trekkie lynch.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

sheep/dann/lolwagons
podo
mbaki/ofhrz
--
mew/gamma/trekkie

im actually somewhat confident on everyone at this point and would have no idea where to look if all three of my bottom pool flipped town rn
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Will be gone most of Christmas Eve/Day, but I'll try to use the break productively to give myself space from the game and hopefully come back with clearer reads.

Right now though, I'm still super happy with my Trekkie vote.
In post 426, Trekkie99 wrote:
In post 425, ofrhz wrote:It's more that he said he was townreading you and then said you were most likely to flip scum. The read doesn't feel real.
I'm townreading everyone at the moment. Unfortunately I can't get a good scum read on anyone. Gamma Emerald is my best bet at the moment, but I'm hardly satisfied with it. In all fairness though it's only day one.
Yes, we've had an overabundance of town reads this game, but "I can't get a good scum read one anyone" sets off red flags for me. Reads like scum who is having a hard time finding anyone that they can make a good case against or have proper "justification" to push on. In my experience scum cares a lot more about getting "good" reads and making sure they're pushing for the right reasons. His initial scum reads on LolWagons and mbaki support this with just how easily he switched them back up to town (or realized his cases against them weren't as good as he initially thought).

"In all fairness though it's only day one" is yucky. It is Day 1, but I think we've had more than enough content for you to at least have some hunches about who scum likely is. It's possible your town reading everyone because everyone else is town except for your scum buddy.

Also, good to note that basically the only wagon/player that scum!Trekkie could have reasonably pushed or jumped on when he came in was Mewtaph. He chose to townread him. That + the weird pressure Mewtaph threw towards Trekkie a page or so back makes it worth looking there if Trekkie flips red.

I just think scum!Trekkie explains a lot of things about his initial reads and his behavior up through now.

Be back in a day or so.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 427, LolWagons wrote:I just don’t see scum-Trekkie taking on the task of pushing my slot unless there was something fairly large to be gained from it.
Also, he didn't really push your slot. He scum read you and mbaki sure, and included some vague reasons why. But he didn't vote and he didn't really elaborate until pressured. In fact he seemed quite content with the debate that followed between you and Podoboq. It seems to me like he was waiting to see if anyone else backed up his scum reads before he actually pushed, like he was trying to play it safe. When it looked like the tides were turning on Podoboq and no one wanted to go after LolWagons, Trekkie comes out with posts like these:
In post 275, Trekkie99 wrote:Wow don't know what to make of this.
LolWagons has made some pretty good points
In post 282, Trekkie99 wrote:I understand you changed your mind about lolwagons not because I said his contributions were lacking but because he took offense to you seeing my point,
but I do feel you were a little bit quick to change your mind about him.
And then sort of tries to take the middle ground when I call him out on it:
In post 336, Trekkie99 wrote:Both I guess. However I wasn't implying I thought the argument was pointless. Circular yes, but pointless? No.
I think podoboq's opinion change of lolwagons was justified because of lolwagons's behavior, but in turn podoboq sort of proved lolwagons's claim that podoboq changed his read rather quickly to be true. Naturally podoboq's change of view of lolwagons took place after lolwagons seemingly overreacted, but at the same time I can't help but feel that maybe lolwagons had a point all along.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 361, Mewtaph wrote:{Dannflor, LolWagons, mbaki}
{Gamma, Trekkie}
{podopoq, ofrhz, Sheepsaysmeep}
Ok last post but the subtle mixed/middling read on Trekkie is another point towards the Mew/Trekkie scum team theory if Trekkie flips red.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Dann take a look at #45 and #80. Mew ISO.

Thoughts?
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by LolWagons »

#45 feels exceptionally manufactured even compared to Mew’s usual style and he also gives himself an out with “in this moment”.

The step on to Podo also feels clunky.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Mewtaph »

That's actually supposed to be a scum case on me... mhm... ok. If you think saying "in this moment" is scum indicative then you're sticking your head so far out that you could reach your ass.

And if we're talking "exceptionally manufactured", or "clunky", that'd be your 10+ week saga against my posts. Let's take a look at this gem:
In post 352, LolWagons wrote:I don’t really like how Mewtaph comes in and just asks Trekkie to explain after Dann is clearly already pressuring him.
This is actually awful considering you're trying to push me and Trekkie at the same time. Then, optically you're suggesting that you are trying not to make your frame of reference around me being scum, which is a complete joke at this point. (I don't see it at all.)

So if you actually think that you are "not trying to make your frame of reference around mew-scum", then mate that's a massive obstacle to walk around considering that's complete bullshit lmao.

Liked the tenacity and wrote it down as town at the beginning but for ages now you've been wandering around like a lost puppy. I have no idea why your thoughts have been pretty empty, maybe at the start for a little bit, but even now, it seems like you're going nowhere new.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:46 am

Post by Mewtaph »

You said last time to get a raincheck on your thoughts that I was going to get lynched, flip red and you were going to get NKed. Bold statement, except you're proving that you don't actually believe in it as much as that should 100% imply because at this point you aren't even the main effort pushing it forward, I've felt more pressure from Sheep than I have from you the entire game, low key.

For someone that suggests boldness, I am not getting any of it from you. Reconsideration, no. So then what the fuck are you pushing? Your Trekkie approach is easily fakeable. Your approach to me is sus as fuck. I definitely need more than this before I just completely leave it and move on.

It's sketchy as; I need a good explanation or you can take my vote and run with it straight into the lynching noose.

@Trekkie: How do you feel about how LolWagons has interacted with you?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:20 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 393, ofrhz wrote:
Mew,
what is your read on gamma?
Probably can get the lynch at any point if this play keeps up. If this is how Gamma plays town then there's not much there to even pick at or try to digest. It's been very barebones so far. The hope is that Gamma is unenthused and wouldn't stoop this low for a win, but scum play doesn't always need to be pretty or glamorous.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:35 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 423, ofrhz wrote:Why is pod scum?
I 100% need more feedback loop there before I'm actually willing to circuit that towards town in any sense of confidence. I will say some of podopoq's certain posts have looked good, not going to specify
which
ones because if he's scum he'll just keep reproducing them. Overall, it's pretty nice but podopoq currently not making stances on a lot of people is definitely not someone I ever want to give a "check out and leave" without giving a good check. (Is it obvious I really want him to answer my question?) At the moment, podopoq is certainly lynchable to me. A bad post could push that into a harder push, a good post could push that to "passably lynchable", which is probably good enough to avoid getting death pushed by me today, especially considering some people have made some disappointing posts in the last 1-2 pages (ignoring that one of those pages contains a bunch of "can i get an extension" one sentence posts.)
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 402, mbaki wrote:VOTE: Ofhrz

Is it odd the two subs are the two most suss slots right now?
I am considering pushing a lynch there and maybe even think it is the highest % chance of hitting scum today (especially the replacement of your specific choice)... but I don't think that it's a particularly engaging path to follow for most people, and sadly that's possibly the biggest reason I have to hold my vote there. As such I find it unlikely that everyone would even follow suit to a wagon of this nature's completion. Especially for D1 (and almost every day before lylo tbh), towns tend to get bored and mess things up because a wagon is not "stimulating" enough for them and that is more important to them sometimes rather than actually completing their win condition to their best ability, which "unfortunately" includes consideration of "boring" wagons. Making a wagon of this reasoning I would say fails 99% of the time if made at the beginning of a several week deadline because people simply get too bored or get distracted by something stupid along the way.

For example, bristep was scumming up the thread 24/7, dodged the thread whenever she needed to, and had empty thoughts while she promised the anticipation of depth (specifically first page, "I could never put my thoughts out of the thread into words!"... and then proceeds to show almost no reference to having thoughts outside of thread in future posts, and making bad empty posts after it). ofrhz is a very good lynch for that reason (bristep said they had thoughts or depth but never actually brought it) but you can't really expect to get popular points for pushing somewhere like that. I have a lot of dedicated detractors already looking to spring at me for any vote hop for being potentially "opportunistic" or "clunky" or some other bullshit so I plan on dealing with them first before shifting my vote around, which at times is at an extremely speedy rate (scum love pointing at it as being "scum indicative").

Also, you said you mostly skim through my posts, so if you read through this one at least, congrats.
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

LolWagons has stated he thinks that if I flip scum then Mew must be scum as well. If lolwagons is scum, he knows I'll flip town thereby making his claim that Mew must be scum as well seem less likely.

If lolwagons is scum, then my next thought is that mew could be his scum mate, and lolwagons has been going after mew this whole game using weak suspicions to distance himself from his teammate without risking accidentally getting his scum mate lynched.

Along comes me saying mew is town and lolwagons is scum. Seeing later on there's a chance I could be lynched, lolwagons says this.
My thought is that if Trekkie is scum, then he went after me because I was on to someone. Obviously the most likely candidate would be Mew, but I don’t want to frame my whole reference around Mew-scum. I just don’t see scum-Trekkie taking on the task of pushing my slot unless there was something fairly large to be gained from it.
In lolwagons ideal situation, I get lynched, and then the next day lolwagons says something in the vain of
"whoops! guess mew must be town as well"
and gets away with it.

Hmmmmm...
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:53 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 439, Trekkie99 wrote:LolWagons has stated he thinks that if I flip scum then Mew must be scum as well. If lolwagons is scum, he knows I'll flip town thereby making his claim that Mew must be scum as well seem less likely.

If lolwagons is scum, then my next thought is that mew could be his scum mate, and lolwagons has been going after mew this whole game using weak suspicions to distance himself from his teammate without risking accidentally getting his scum mate lynched.

Along comes me saying mew is town and lolwagons is scum. Seeing later on there's a chance I could be lynched, lolwagons says this.
In lolwagons ideal situation, I get lynched, and then the next day lolwagons says something in the vain of
"whoops! guess mew must be town as well"
and gets away with it.

Hmmmmm...
If you truly believe what you just said, call my bluff and vote him then.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:55 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 434, Mewtaph wrote:That's actually supposed to be a scum case on me... mhm... ok. If you think saying "in this moment" is scum indicative then you're sticking your head so far out that you could reach your ass.

And if we're talking "exceptionally manufactured", or "clunky", that'd be your 10+ week saga against my posts. Let's take a look at this gem:
In post 352, LolWagons wrote:I don’t really like how Mewtaph comes in and just asks Trekkie to explain after Dann is clearly already pressuring him.
This is actually awful considering you're trying to push me and Trekkie at the same time. Then, optically you're suggesting that you are trying not to make your frame of reference around me being scum, which is a complete joke at this point. (I don't see it at all.)

So if you actually think that you are "not trying to make your frame of reference around mew-scum", then mate that's a massive obstacle to walk around considering that's complete bullshit lmao.

Liked the tenacity and wrote it down as town at the beginning but for ages now you've been wandering around like a lost puppy. I have no idea why your thoughts have been pretty empty, maybe at the start for a little bit, but even now, it seems like you're going nowhere new.
Nope, it looks like a pathetic attempt at distancing tbh. It fits perfectly consistently in with you and Trekkie being scum.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:57 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 435, Mewtaph wrote:You said last time to get a raincheck on your thoughts that I was going to get lynched, flip red and you were going to get NKed. Bold statement, except you're proving that you don't actually believe in it as much as that should 100% imply because at this point you aren't even the main effort pushing it forward, I've felt more pressure from Sheep than I have from you the entire game, low key.

For someone that suggests boldness, I am not getting any of it from you. Reconsideration, no. So then what the fuck are you pushing? Your Trekkie approach is easily fakeable. Your approach to me is sus as fuck. I definitely need more than this before I just completely leave it and move on.

It's sketchy as; I need a good explanation or you can take my vote and run with it straight into the lynching noose.

@Trekkie: How do you feel about how LolWagons has interacted with you?
That was on page 5... are you seriously implying what I said on page 5 is still what I currently believe?

And why leave out the part where I said that it was only page 5 and who knows what will change? Why frame it like I was being bold?

This is a clumsy push.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:59 am

Post by LolWagons »

I think the fact I just got thirteen or so paragraphs of pushback from Mew and Trekkie without them voting me after asking Dann for an opinion on a single possible associative tell is all I need to tell me that town is on the right track.

Trekkie’s suggestions that Mew and I might be scum together while not voting either of us even though one has a wagon on them is also pretty telling.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:02 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 99, LolWagons wrote:
In post 99, Mewtaph wrote:Ok, so now what do you think it means for the future of this game?
What do you even mean by that?

You flip red, I probably die N1. That’s the current trajectory I feel this game is on.

But it’s page four. So who knows.
My bad it was page four. Here’s the “bold push” Mewtaph is referencing.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:03 am

Post by LolWagons »

Mewtaph literally asked me to make a bold prediction about the future of the game then 10 pages later used me being bold against me lmfao
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:07 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 440, LolWagons wrote:If you truly believe what you just said, call my bluff and vote him then.
Why him and not you?
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:09 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 446, Trekkie99 wrote:
In post 440, LolWagons wrote:If you truly believe what you just said, call my bluff and vote him then.
Why him and not you?
LOL

If you think we are scum together what does it matter? Why are you asking me for justification on
your
vote?
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:14 am

Post by LolWagons »

VOTE: Trekkie
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:17 am

Post by LolWagons »

And, for the record, if you do happen to flip town, that doesn’t mean that Mew is suddenly town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”