podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:15 am

Post by podoboq »

pagetop?
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 699, podoboq wrote:
In post 696, LolWagons wrote:#LynchTrekkie
Is Trekkie at L-1?
No I'm only at L-2
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:17 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 554, Mewtaph wrote:@sheep: you are scum, sorry. scum case doesn't come because it's so obvious 4 votes aren't coming with me. + detractors in you, LolWagons and more xxx
Gross
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:18 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 701, Trekkie99 wrote:
Is Trekkie at L-1?
No I'm only at L-2
Merry Christmas, then.

VOTE: Trekkie
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:20 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 703, podoboq wrote:
In post 701, Trekkie99 wrote:
Is Trekkie at L-1?
No I'm only at L-2
Merry Christmas, then.

VOTE: Trekkie
You forgot to call me a filthy animal. :lol:
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

Also I don't remember dannflor saying the same thing I did before me.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:25 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 705, Trekkie99 wrote:Also I don't remember dannflor saying the same thing I did before me.
I'm still catching up. Quote the content you're asking about appropriately, so that other players are able to follow it, and I'll put the same work in to cite my sources. You could also just look them up yourself. It's pretty damn easy to do. At least it is when people are actually quoting posts without deleting the link to the post and the post number and the person who said it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:29 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 620, Dannflor wrote:
In post 615, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i dont disagree that dann is a great protect

but dont fucking direct prs in thread

it's antitown
Why?
Remind me to answer this later. The short answer is a ton of reasons.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:34 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 627, mbaki wrote:
In post 625, sheepsaysmeep wrote:pr talk like that is a form of rolefishing
Role fishing literally means looking for role information. That does not entice people to claim in any way, shape, or form.
Listen, I can buy that this wasn't your intent, but when you bring up a PR in a game, you are beetlejuicing. The way people respond to that gives scum something to read. While we are reading the thread and trying to find the scum, scum are reading the thread and trying to find PRs. Bringing up PRs gives them something to read, not just based on how you talked about it but based on town's response to you.

You might not have been rolefishing intentionally, but your actions lead to rolefishing. Be more careful with how you post when discussing PRs, especially on day one.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:37 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 630, Dannflor wrote:I don't see what mbaki did as role fishing nor do I think suggesting a course of action really affects the game negatively for town beyond maybe some WIFOM arguments.
You need to see a scum day chat at some point. There's usually at least one person sweeping for crumbs and using setup-spec to solve the PRs, and where they are. Discussing PRs in any context enables them. Sometimes that's worth it, but usually it's just unnecessary.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:38 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 438, Mewtaph wrote:Also, you said you mostly skim through my posts, so if you read through this one at least, congrats.
I did read it, by the way.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:43 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 661, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 592, mbaki wrote:
In post 543, sheepsaysmeep wrote:sheep/dann/lolwagons

this is a towncore

i have other strong townreads but nowhere near this strong
You are not in the town core. Dann and lolwagons are the town core. Also, any doctor type role should be on Dann tonight probably.
Where the fuck is pod btw
I'm right here, honey :3
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:45 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 670, Trekkie99 wrote:
In post 664, mbaki wrote:
In post 660, Trekkie99 wrote:
In post 657, mbaki wrote:Meta is likely the best overall tool, but I don't think meta is usable when Trekkie has no completed town games. His play here is a step up from his first game ever... doesn't that apply to almost everyone?
I'm new to mafia here. I've played on Eurobricks. It's a um...Lego forum. :nerd:
Lego was pretty dope when I was younger, no hate.

It looks like you've given up on this game which is scum indicative, and unfortunate regardless of your alignment.
I tend to give up when I'm scum or town if I'm about to be lynched. If I was a town pr I would put up a fight.
Welp, I guess I'll read this as a VT claim. Whoever wants to hammer can do it whenever now that the slot has claimed.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:45 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 709, podoboq wrote:
In post 630, Dannflor wrote:I don't see what mbaki did as role fishing nor do I think suggesting a course of action really affects the game negatively for town beyond maybe some WIFOM arguments.
You need to see a scum day chat at some point. There's usually at least one person sweeping for crumbs and using setup-spec to solve the PRs, and where they are. Discussing PRs in any context enables them. Sometimes that's worth it, but usually it's just unnecessary.
Some scum play like that, but it is wrong to suggest its required. Good scum play does not essentiate role hunting, and I would argue doing any public rolefishing you would not do as town is very poor scum play and one of the easiest ways to get caught. Remind me to come back to why I made the doctor post later, I don't care to get in a big theory talk right now. Let's just say there are a lot of very dumb doctors.

Podo, I would love to hear an expansion of your Ofhrz read. Asking generic questions and responding to not important things is a good newb scum way to look involved. Trekkie is in all odds the lynch as of now, especially seeing as he claimed VT, and if he ends up being town Ofhrz is likely where you'll see me pushing tomorrow. Also, your read on Sheep. And, in case you missed it, if Trekkie ends up being scum my Ofhrz read is town and this conversation doesn't matter.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:49 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 713, mbaki wrote:Good scum play does not essentiate role hunting, and I would argue doing any public rolefishing you would not do as town is very poor scum play and one of the easiest ways to get caught.
To clarify, I don't think your post about leashing Doc was intentional rolefishing, and I definitely don't think it was good scum play. I believe you're town. I also believe Dannflor is town. I just wanted to provide my thoughts on why it wasn't good town play either. But you're right that the discussion shouldn't progress any further now.

@podoboq, once the game ends:
Talk about role leashing/fishing.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:53 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 713, mbaki wrote:Podo, I would love to hear an expansion of your Ofhrz read. Asking generic questions and responding to not important things is a good newb scum way to look involved.
I assumed it would continue, but it didn't, probably because of the holidays. I was very happy with his slot until the content dropped off, but I'm not comfortable with him anymore.

The thought behind why those posts are good is that he's making himself vulnerable. He's stating opinions on players, which can be contradicted later. He's engaging with players, which if he's scum can be used to associate him with other players. He's disagreeing with other players, which means he's not just trying to be agreeable. Sure, all of things can be done as scum, but anything can be. If it's scum play, it's good scum play, and keeping it up over the course of the game without slipping or otherwise revealing yourself is extremely difficult. It's hard to appear transparent when you're really being opaque.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:57 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 713, mbaki wrote:Also, your read on Sheep.
Somebody else in thread said sheep's posting feels very stream-of-consciousness. I agree with that sentiment. His posts read as genuine to me. I don't like a lot of his posts, but I think they're coming from town. Not a high town read, but it's up there. I'm not voting sheep today.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 692, sheepsaysmeep wrote:lol mews case

theres like 1 thing in your tldr that i might consider ai

next
:roll:
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 686, podoboq wrote:This reads like legitimately frustrated member of town, or possibly pegged scum, furious that town guessed their scum team perfectly early.

I think frustrated town is significantly more likely, just because I think finding the scum team is harder than that.

While I'm on this post, though. Hey Mewtaph, this post sucks. bristep's posts were garbage, yeah, but he also replaced out, probably because he was too lazy to play the game. ofrhz is playing the game. Using a lazy lurker who never played the game as justification to vote a slot that's actually playing the game and towning it up is horrible play. You didn't have anything to say about ofrhz himself, and only complained about the previous player's absence and AtE out your ass. Nice tantrum. Play better.
You insist, along with every other post you make regarding me, that other players need to "play the game" the way a "town" is supposed to play. This post wasn't even remotely directed or related to you and you felt like it was the best thing you make your longest post on. But hey, you know. Play better.

Guess what. It's forum mafia. "Playing the game" isn't nearly as town indicative as you think it is.

Your most recent chain of posts call almost every other viable wagon town, so then who do you think is scum outside of Trekkie? Or does it just suddenly stop over an empty abyss after a single name then after that everyone else can get a free town read?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 702, podoboq wrote:
In post 554, Mewtaph wrote:@sheep: you are scum, sorry. scum case doesn't come because it's so obvious 4 votes aren't coming with me. + detractors in you, LolWagons and more xxx
Gross
I brought the scum case and noone's voting with me. Am I wrong? I'll air it and I'm not expecting votes to come with me. A very clear cut and simple break down of why I can't get someone I strongly scum read lynched. Your dismissive tone does nothing but back up my read of the game state.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:24 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 719, Mewtaph wrote:Your dismissive tone does nothing but back up my read of the game state.
gamestate: basically solved with one wolf flailing and only half given up trying to make some last ditch attempts

tldr
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:25 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

trekkie is still

fucking

twtbw or doesnt give a fuck about being lynched

which is still really weird
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 720, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 719, Mewtaph wrote:Your dismissive tone does nothing but back up my read of the game state.
gamestate: basically solved with one wolf flailing and only half given up trying to make some last ditch attempts

tldr
Uh huh. Keep mumbling, scum.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:26 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

by posting: wolfy
by meta: prolly wolfy
by attitude towards being lynched: prolly villa

someone fucking help me
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:28 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

last game when trekkie was wolf, he thought he was going to be lynched anyway and basically gave up

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”