micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:22 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 44, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i want to wait for other people to check in and let me know what they think because it's at this stage of arguing with someone that i usually start confbiasing and tunneling but yeah

VOTE: nibbui

can you link me some past wolf and village games of yours
This seems weird for...post 44. sheep clearly didn't want to be in RVS any longer.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:28 am

Post by podoboq »

Spoiler:
In post 55, sheepsaysmeep wrote:ok so i think i want to v read nibbui after going through meta

and like v read very strongly
In post 56, sheepsaysmeep wrote:nibbui as scum is the laying low/super tense type

his confidence in thread and lamist ish attitude/how much he's engaging with me is really prominent in all his v games and it feels exactly like this
In post 57, Nibbui wrote:The reason I asked skitter why she had voted me instead of anyone else is because:

It's more probably that you initiate RVS by voting someone you're more familiar instead of someone you aren't (at least in a more broad statistic sense)

and we're on a Micro where there's only 2 scum, and I find unlikely scum would actually vote for their partner in the first post of the game.

Therefore, when Skitter voted me (something that was unexpected imo), I wondered if she was somewhat avoiding vote for TW or someone she is more familiar with and wanted to know if there was any special reason for her to notice me (and I would have shown the same reaction if she had voted, for example, infinitesoda).

It seems not but It's not likely that makes her scum partner with anyone. I just would have find more unlikely some scum teams if she had it.
In post 58, sheepsaysmeep wrote:ok i misunderstood it earlier

I townread both of these players more for these four posts.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:34 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 72, skitter30 wrote:
In post 14, Nibbui wrote:Hmmm, it's early but I'm a bit curious why skitter started voting me though
(the entirety of this post kinda overthinks the nature of rvs posting)
In post 14, Nibbui wrote:Although I have played with Skitter before, I don't know, it was a bit unexpected for her first vote to be on me honestly. I expected she going for TW.
(expected - you thought about where i was going to rvs vote?)
In post 42, Nibbui wrote:somewhat yes. I can explain my logic after skitter answer me even.
^^^^ i felt like you were looking for reasoning that didn't like, exist
I think this whole ordeal looks like TvT. I think Nibbui treated the RVS wagon too seriously, but not in a scummy way.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:49 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 101, sheepsaysmeep wrote:UNVOTE:

forgot to do this
I was wondering about this.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:53 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 103, Nibbui wrote:If I need to be completely honest, I deliberately did that joke scum claim to get some suspicious on me and move the game forward because I was excited to play with this playerlist and wanted as soon as possible.
Well, this isn't something I see very often as either alignment. It's an attitude that I'd love to see town embrace.

For right now, I'm buying this.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:59 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 114, mastina wrote:Since you've been so cooperative, I think I'll give you my readslist!

northsidegal
Pink Ball
Nibbui
InfiniteSoda
sheepsaysmeep
skitter30
podoboq
the worst
Is this a joke? Soda and I had said literally nothing of value.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:01 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 119, mastina wrote:
In post 118, Nibbui wrote:Ok Mastina you're beginning to sound like scum!Mastina. Why is TW always 100% scum here?
If I cared about how I looked, I might put in the effort to give you a rundown here, but I honestly don't.

When I feel like telling you why the worst is scum, I will tell you.

It just doesn't feel like the right time.

I
can
force an explanation when it doesn't feel like the right time.
I vastly prefer not to.

If you can't accept that, then vote me, sure, but it'll change nothing; I'm not backing down from this. I'll explain when I feel like it, not when others dictate it. And right now I feel like being semiserious rather than fully serious, so.
This feels more forced and horrible than all of Nibbui's posts.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:03 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 132, sheepsaysmeep wrote:hot take infinitesoda's one post popin in the middle of a really spicy argument/huge part of the game to randomly vote a 0 poster is partners
Alright, I don't think Soda's post is actually AI at all, but I love sheep for this. I want you in every game I play now.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:11 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 149, the worst wrote:{tw}
{sheepy}
{Nibbui}
{}
{skitter}
{podoboq, Punk Bill, mastina} = null
{InfiniteSoda, nsg}
{}so forth
This read list is way better. 10/10
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:17 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 185, the worst wrote:
In post 181, skitter30 wrote:i think sheep may be town too
he is so far ^_^
Get that mafia recruiter crumb outta here
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:28 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 217, mastina wrote:You just saw me gamethrow by tunneling town and rapid-voting them in lylo and refusing to unvote when given the opportunity. That was in a game where I said I was not very invested.
self-reminder to check this out later
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:57 am

Post by podoboq »

Alright, my eyes are glossing over here. I need to go get food.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:58 am

Post by podoboq »

Taco Bell is a hell of a drug.
In post 310, skitter30 wrote:also i did feel like pink ball pre-emptively brought up his prior game when nobody had really been talking about meta-diving him:
In post 253, Pink Ball wrote:Sheep says he metadives people as town; I have only ONE finished game, were surprise surprise, I was scum! If someone can tell me that I'm scum here analyzing that game, go on; you're wrong.
like this was kinda brought up in reference to the fact that sheep had said he metadives people in general and nibbui in particular, but nobody was really bringing up metadiving pink ball - it felt a little to me like he wanted to use that game to say 'hey look i'm playing super differently from that game so you shouldn't scumread me here!!!1!'

and i thought sheep was correct to call him on that
This is a good post from skitter, and pretty adequately sums up everything I have to say about Pink Ball at the moment.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:01 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 317, Nibbui wrote:"If someone can tell me that I'm scum here analyzing that game, go on; you're wrong."

You can read this as "If you look at my completed game you can see why I'm not scum here"

but you can read this as "If you try to use that game to say that I'm scum here, you're wrong". (basically saying that you shouldn't scum read him using the completed game as reference)

This is the difference and someone paying attention to Pink's post explaining what he meant would understand that.
Both of those two things suck, though. Nobody was talking about Pink's previous game. It was unnecessary at absolute best, and the reason Pink thought to bring it up is unsatisfying. The logic presented is because sheep says he meta dives players. Clearly sheep wouldn't draw a lot of conclusions from a single newbie game, and even if he did, Pink could then explain the flaw in doing so.

Bringing it up was awkward.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 406, podoboq wrote:
In post 118, Nibbui wrote:Ok Mastina you're beginning to sound like scum!Mastina. Why is TW always 100% scum here?
If I cared about how I looked, I might put in the effort to give you a rundown here, but I honestly don't.

I
can
I vastly prefer not to.

If you can't accept that, then vote me, sure, but it'll change nothing; I'm not backing down from this. I'll explain when I feel like it, not when others dictate it. And right now I feel like being semiserious rather than fully serious, so.
This is a weird thing to say about posts that you supposedly town read (mine).

Want try to get this in better words?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:05 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 414, Nibbui wrote:

I
can
I vastly prefer not to.

People called your posts forced. I don't think they are. I
think
thought mastina's posts looked forced.

My intention was to say that you seemed fine to me, and that mastina should be receiving the criticism that you were receiving.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Nibbui »

Fair.

Have read your posts but there's nothing about NSG

any opinions?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:12 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 352, Pink Ball wrote:Reading page 13: skitter, I didn't defend myself talking about meta. I said that sheep was scumreading me and he didn't specified why, and since he said he usually metadived people, I said that if he was scumreading me because of meta, he would be wrong. So I didn't bring up meta to defend myself, rather saying that if that's why sheep was pushing me, it would be wrong. It was an assumption.
Didn't notice the order here. I glossed over the fact that sheep voted you first, then you brought up your meta. That's more reasonable. No longer seems awkward to me.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:15 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 416, Nibbui wrote:Fair.

Have read your posts but there's nothing about NSG

any opinions?
I was hoping to see more from NSG as I caught up, but there was nothing other than the weird word-frequency post about you. NSG is null to me until I see more. I'd be happy voting there to apply pressure. From what little I've seen of her, I think our playstyles will mesh well, so I want to talk to her.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Nibbui »

I would appreciate if after you catch up you posted a readlist explaining a bit of your reads on everyone.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:21 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 419, Nibbui wrote:I would appreciate if after you catch up you posted a readlist explaining a bit of your reads on everyone.
It's on the to-do list. Currently at post 365
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:26 am

Post by the worst »

In post 415, podoboq wrote:

I
can
I vastly prefer not to.

think

My intention was to say that you seemed fine to me, and that mastina should be receiving the criticism that you were receiving.
thought?
I don't have tonnes of interest in correcting you or interrupting your catchup but I'd be keen if you could show me what changed your mind wrt mastina's posts sounding forced

but please also catch up and stuff :P
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:35 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 421, the worst wrote:
In post 415, podoboq wrote:

I
can
I vastly prefer not to.

think

thought?
I don't have tonnes of interest in correcting you or interrupting your catchup but I'd be keen if you could show me what changed your mind wrt mastina's posts sounding forced

but please also catch up and stuff :P
Luckily, I just caught up.

At first, Mastina looked extremely inorganic and horribly opaque in everything she wrote. Then she explained that she's neuro-atypical, and now I just straight up don't know if I'll be able to read her at all.
In post 221, mastina wrote:I am many things; succinct is never among them. (Well. Except for two games where I deliberately self-imposed it as a challenge. Hilariously? I got dayvigged both games D1. ) I will explain things in my own way, taking as many words as I deem necessary to get the right message across. It might help your understanding of me for you to know that I am autistic; I don't process information in a normal way.

..content edited out by me..

Of course I'm not answering questions.

If I felt like answering questions, I would be answering questions.

If I wanted people to understand what I was thinking, I would make effort to make them understand what I am thinking.

But I don't want to make that effort, for a specific reason.
I considered replacing out after reading this. To me, this translates to "I always speak in literally the scummiest way possible, and that will never change. Either learn to play with it, or lose," and frankly I don't know that I'll be able to play with it. But I'm gonna do my best.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:39 am

Post by podoboq »

Reads.

{sheep}
{skitter30, Nibbui}
{the worst}
{Pink Ball}
{mastina} NULL
{InfiniteSoda, northsidegal}

Right now, I honestly don't have any serious scumreads. Part of that is that I think I learn players better by actually interacting with them, and obviously I haven't had a chance to do that yet. Part is because honestly, this was kind of a hard catch up. I don't feel like I play the same way as any of you. So many of you are talking about word use, and it's honestly just static to me.

I want northsidegal to get in here so I have somebody to actually talk to.

VOTE: northsidegal
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:40 am

Post by the worst »

uuuuhhhhhhhhhhh fuck it I gotta ask it straight

I'm not good at mincing words

podoboq are you a wolf?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”