Newbie 1908 [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE COUNT 1.5
flavor leaf (3)
- nauci, komodo, munchmellow

salamander (2)
- vivit, xwing

munchmellow (1)
- jim hawkins

rosterfoster (1)
- salamander

jim hawkins (1)
- rosterfoster

not voting (1)
- flavor leaf

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-12-30 23:00:00)

mod notes:

- xwing is vla on weekends, and will be v/la until 12/27
- :)
Last edited by skitter30 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 147, rosterfoster wrote:I think it’s pretty clear now that Jim is lurking to some degree. Obviously this is a busy time, but he has been online and when he does post it’s pretty light in content. Skimming his posts from his previous game (where he was town), I get a completely different feel from the few posts he has made so far. Solidifies my scum read on him a little.
I also read his last game and I agree. Also his post, where he said he felt like an outsider, because we seem to know each other - I didn't get the same feeling and it is first game for 5 of us, so it could be just scum finding excuses for lurking.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Nauci »

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

I saw spiderverse again but with more people :lol:

Oh hey look what I just found in my pocket VOTE: Jim Hawkins
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by xwing »

dang it nauci, stop making me feel jealous!! :P

anyway, im fine to switch to a jim vote as well..so either jim or salamander is fine with me..
we got 4 days left, gotta pick who we lynch now, so we have time to discuss when people do claim..

im picking up some negative gut feels on munch slot, but i'll sort her as town for now..
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 153, xwing wrote:im picking up some negative gut feels on munch slot, but i'll sort her as town for now..
Oh?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by xwing »

do you want me to expand or is that just an "oh?" :)
anyway, it's weak, could just be tonal stuff since english is not her native language..
how strong is your town read on her, nauci?
how about vivit?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Nauci »

Why would you town sort someone you have gut negative feels about?

Do you see logical town indications that overpowered "gut" negative feelings? What are they? Which posts pinged your gut?
vivit
vivit
Townie
vivit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by vivit »

I've been getting scum reads on Jim all game, and with Salamander's more recent posts my suspicions of him have weakened a bit; his posts seem more scrubby than scummy (though that could be exactly what he wants us to think, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now).

VOTE: Jim Hawkins should explain himself or walk the plank.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 157, vivit wrote:should explain himself
What do you want him to explain
vivit
vivit
Townie
vivit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by vivit »

What I mean is that I'm giving him a chance to clear himself of suspicion if he starts posting more and argues his case well.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 156, Nauci wrote:Why would you town sort someone you have gut negative feels about?

Do you see logical town indications that overpowered "gut" negative feelings? What are they? Which posts pinged your gut?
yes, logically speaking, i think she's town..she has:
1. explained her thoughts and reads openly
2. she's not afraid to ruffle feathers
3. she has sorted/attempted to sort players

that's why i said gut feel..i cant explain it..maybe it's her avatar pic, maybe it's the way she constructs sentences? i really dunno..

contrast to roster (my top town read), i feel very comfy with my read on that slot..so maybe it's my level of confidence on my own read?

also, what's your take on vivit slot, nauci?
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 160, xwing wrote:that's why i said gut feel..i cant explain it..maybe it's her avatar pic, maybe it's the way she constructs sentences? i really dunno..
Hey! What's wrong with my avatar pic?
Komodo
Komodo
Townie
Komodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Komodo »

In post 149, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 146, xwing wrote:@munch, why are you not comfortable on a salamander wagon? is it due to their activity level, or is it the firmness of your read? how strong are your town reads?
At the time you suggested it, I wasn't getting that strong scum vibes from him. And I also felt a lot of people were willing to jump on that wagon and I felt it was too early in day 1 for that. I was affraid we would focus too much on Salamander and at the time I didn't see a point in that.
Now, that I read some other people as town, I think a wagon on Salamander is not such a bad idea. But I don't know if it's better than a wagon on Jim.

My read on roster and vivit ia not that strong, but for now, I would say they are town.

I am pretty sure you are town. If you would be scum, pushing a wagon on Salamander doesn't seem such a good idea. If he would be your fellow scum, it doesn't seem worth risking a lynch, even if you would seem townier because of that. If he would flip town, you would probably get a target on your back because of that. So my logic tells me, you have to be town.

Nauci also reads town to me. Not as strong as you, but stronger than Roster and vivit. I really like her posts, and she seems like a fun person. But I have to keep in mind, that it is in human nature, to read the same thing as scummy coming from annoying person and to ignore it from a likable person. Don't want to get stabbed in the back.

I don't know about Komodo. I lean toward town, but after rereading his posts, I don't think he really says that much, so he can be town for now, but I will stay alert.

I can't say I like this post. The argument for xwing being town feels very...off, but I dunno if it's AI or not. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is basically what you're saying: "If you were scum, you wouldn't push Sal because if he isn't worth risking a lynch for your own benefit of town cred. If he's town you have a target on your back." This feels like very flawed logic, and let me explain why.

In the event of xwing being scum: First off, a push is not lynching. As much as I love Salamander, he's not bringing much to the table this game and I feel someone would have suggested it anyway. His name would have eventually popped out of someone's mouth and the possibility of him getting lynched is honestly unavoidable. If she (he? they? No gender is present in profile ;-;) was scum buddies with Salamander, I could honestly see this as preemptive damage control. Worse yet, what if xwing is scum and Sal is not? I'm going to talk more about the cost-benefit in the next paragraph, but you'd be giving scum a townread for taking a risk in looking like scum.

If the event of xwing being town: This is the part of the argument that I have issue with because you're saying because xwing is taking a risk in looking like scum, this looks town. I find this wrong because 1) I don't think many, if any, would trace a potential Salamander lynch back to xwing if the reason of lynching is valid that many people can agree on so there's no real risk in pushing Salamander and 2) You assume that someone risking to look scum is town which is a very...bad slope to slip on. Yeah, xwing has very steadily been against Sal, but saying that because she is pushing him she is risking being scum so she is town doesn't make that much sense to me?

You could easily say that, in fact, xwing is scum and Salamander is town and xwing has been picking on Salamander because of his weaker posts. If she leads us to a potential mislynch, even if shit is thrown her way, she'll just point to the logic she used and move the fuck on her way.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense. I was kinda confusing myself when typing it ^^;;

I like Munch so far but this post makes me lose confidence in her as town :(
Komodo
Komodo
Townie
Komodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Komodo »

Also I saw the new Spiderman movie and HOT DAMN it was so amazing. One of the few movies that almost made me cry
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

jim hawkins has been prodded
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 163, Komodo wrote:Also I saw the new Spiderman movie and HOT DAMN it was so amazing. One of the few movies that almost made me cry
Stan Lee bits made me cry 4x now
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 162, Komodo wrote:I like Munch so far but this post makes me lose confidence in her as town
Regardless if you agree or disagree with her analysis

Do you think it is town motivated or scum motivated?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’ll be here tomorrow. Had a friendsmas
Salamander
Salamander
Townie
Salamander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Salamander »

I am hopping on the Jim wagon, I feel he's lurking, like someone said earlier. I also don't believe that he's offering much (like someone said earlier about me lol) I also would like to state that now that it's after the holidays I will be way more active on here :). I'm pretty new and may not understand all the meta so bare with me :P.

UNVOTE: rosterfoster
VOTE: Jim Hawkins
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:24 am

Post by rosterfoster »

That is L-1 btw, so please hold off from placing any more votes.

I feel there’s scum on this wagon, maybe in Salamander or vivit.
Salamander
Salamander
Townie
Salamander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Salamander »

What makes you think that? Or are there
straws and clutching
going on here too?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:23 am

Post by rosterfoster »

The wagon grew very quickly from this post (I think this is what triggered it anyway):
In post 147, rosterfoster wrote:I think it’s pretty clear now that Jim is lurking to some degree. Obviously this is a busy time, but he has been online and when he does post it’s pretty light in content. Skimming his posts from his previous game (where he was town), I get a completely different feel from the few posts he has made so far. Solidifies my scum read on him a little.
Now, of course it is possible that I have such epic scumhunting abilities but it's not like I provide much detail here.

Then Nauci shifts her vote over, but I feel that was because the flavor wagon was losing steam, and we could really do with pressuring Jim a little. So I don't have a problem with that.
In post 157, vivit wrote:I've been getting scum reads on Jim all game, and with Salamander's more recent posts my suspicions of him have weakened a bit; his posts seem more scrubby than scummy (though that could be exactly what he wants us to think, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now).

VOTE: Jim Hawkins should explain himself or walk the plank.
I don't like this post from vivit. He's not been getting scum reads on Jim all game - his only mention of Jim was in (I think this tag works?) where he just said that lurking in itself is a scumread (I'm not sure I agree with that. It is the way Jim has been lurking which gives me scum vibes). But I can buy this coming from a town who changed their mind on Salamander.
vivit wrote:What I mean is that I'm giving him a chance to clear himself of suspicion if he starts posting more and argues his case well.
What case? That he's lurking because he's nervous/feels distant (I think we may get a replacement, so this point is moot anyway)? I feel like this is trying to over-justify hopping on a wagon, when there is a simpler (and probably more true) reason: He wants Jim to post some more. So I don't like these couple of posts from Vidit.

I don't feel as bad about your post, Salamander. But I do wonder why you have nothing to say about other discussions, such as about Munch, or the wagon that we had on Flavor. (While I'm flattered :P ) All your posts except for the latest one (and arguably not even that, since you read my reasoning), have been about/interactions with me, or asking terminology questions. I appreciate that I pushed you a little bit earlier, but there has been enough going on which you could comment on. So that's why I feel a little uncomfortable about you.

I don't think scum being on the wagon would tell us anything about Jim's allignment, however - as it is a relatively obvious thing to do for scum to push a little on their buddy, to get some towncred if scum-Jim gets lynched (which may well happen with or without their votes). So I'm still comfortable with my vote where it is for now.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:02 am

Post by xwing »

In post 168, Salamander wrote:I am hopping on the Jim wagon, I feel he's lurking, like someone said earlier. I also don't believe that he's offering much (like someone said earlier about me lol) I also would like to state that now that it's after the holidays I will be way more active on here :). I'm pretty new and may not understand all the meta so bare with me :P.

UNVOTE: rosterfoster
VOTE: Jim Hawkins
interesting..
can you kindly give your reads on the rest of the players, salamander?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:06 am

Post by xwing »

In post 161, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 160, xwing wrote:that's why i said gut feel..i cant explain it..maybe it's her avatar pic, maybe it's the way she constructs sentences? i really dunno..
Hey! What's wrong with my avatar pic?
haha nothing..it just reminds me of psylocke from the x-men series..and in your avatar pic it looks to me like she's being tortured or something..like how wolverine was put in the chamber thing?
there's this other player, his name is ceejay (cant remember his whole name)..his avatar pic looks like veigar from league of legends (veigar is a short, evil mage)..so i subconsciously scum read him too!
so yeah you can all please ignore this read..not my best/proudest read hahaha :P
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

-