Newbie 1908 [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:36 am

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 247, rosterfoster wrote:Tell me, Urist. If you think Nauci is scum as strongly as you seem to, why aren’t you voting him?

I am confused as to why this got so heated so fast.

Pedit: Oh. That’s why.
My suspicion's on both Nauci and vivit. Her latest responses doesn't entirely clear her, but I'm willing to temporarily lay off for a while and see how vivit reacts.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:40 am

Post by PvtUrist »

could be scum!Nauci backing out of focus, but I don't want to repeat my mistake in 1905 where I drunkily TvT tunnelled for the entire game. Be back in like maybe ~10 hours, will proceed depending on the responses.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 246, Nauci wrote:I'm pretty satisfied that your slot is probably-town.
For the record, this is because I'm fairly certain that almost no scum would be capable of both real-time defense without being too nervous/crumbling, and simultaneously making minute read updates like in on vivit's post. It'd be an awful lot of faking to juggle at once. Plus, this is probably town-tunneling.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Nauci »

Hat tip to Shoshin for being the great sensei of aggressive 1v1 sorting
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m getting misrepped pretty hard. I clearly told Nauci that I don’t believe the people sheeping me is necessarily alignment indicative because of the pull he has.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

VOTE: Roster

Ptvurist is pretty townie.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:32 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 254, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m getting misrepped pretty hard. I clearly told Nauci that I don’t believe the people sheeping me is necessarily alignment indicative because of the pull he has.
Eh? I read this post and I don't understand what you're saying at all.

I feel like I'm doing a very bad job of explaining my question.

You seemed to suggest that the wagon dissipating meant Jim was more likely to be scum
someone helped transfer wagons.
Now as I see it, Nauci caused the wagon to change. If you disagree please tell me why. I imagine that the person transferring the wagon would be the scumbuddy, so this would suggest that Nauci might be the scumbuddy. (I understand in Mafia nothing is certain, etc..., but you seem pretty confident about this wagon analysis stuff, no?).

And you think Nauci is town, no? So how does that stack up with your wagon analysis?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 254, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m getting misrepped pretty hard. I clearly told Nauci that I don’t believe the people sheeping me is necessarily alignment indicative because of the pull he has.
I feel like at least one of the pronouns here is a typo because I'm mildly confused
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Nauci »

Also, flavor, you've told us some meta analysis of the wagons, but what did you make of the merit of those scum reads themselves?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE COUNT 1.8
salamander (3)
- xwing, rosterfoster, vivit

flavor leaf (2)
- komodo, munchmellow

pvturist (1)
- salamander

vivit (1)
- pvturist

rosterfoster (1)
- flavor leaf

not voting (1)
- nauci

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-12-30 23:00:00)

mod notes:

- xwing is vla on weekends
- pvturist is the new jim hawkins
- please note that i'm vla tonight and tomorrow and don't have regular internet access again until tomorrow night (pst)
(ie in the event of a hammer during that time i won't be able to end the day until saturday night)
- :)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 257, Nauci wrote:
I feel like at least one of the pronouns here is a typo because I'm mildly confused
I told you that, then I got misrepped and said I was saying the opposite of what Roster said I was saying.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 258, Nauci wrote:Also, flavor, you've told us some meta analysis of the wagons, but what did you make of the merit of those scum reads themselves?
I don’t really know how to piece it together just yet. I’m putting together my town reads right now. I find that easier in newbie games, at least early. When scum are trying to act townie, it makes it easier to sift through.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Nauci changed wagons and people followed. Nauci was the catalyst of the wagon, but didn’t do it himself.

People hopped on and sheeped. It takes more than one person for the wagon.

I see it townie from Nauci wanted to switch wagons, and because people sheeped the person worth a lot of town pull, I’m not necessarily sure it’s correct.

We’re trying to solve a puzzle without all the pieces, and there isn’t a direct way of knowing who the scum was on the wagon from that alone, since Nauci did have a town pull. We discuss it out more and mix future pieces with old pieces, if that makes sense. That’s at least what I am going to be doing.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:31 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Ok. I think I thought you were pretty certain about the wagon stuff which isn’t quite right.

You also think that scum sheeting is another way to do it, not just being the catalyst.

Fair enough.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 260, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 257, Nauci wrote:
I told you that, then I got misrepped and said I was saying the opposite of what Roster said I was saying.
You don't believe people sheeping
you
is necessarily alignment indicative because
he
has a lot of pull?

Who's "he"? And why does their town pull have anything to do with sheeping you?

I'm so confused
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Nauci »

Oops I shouldn't have responded mid-Lyft without fully catching up lol

Flavor, I mostly got confused because you said he. I'm a woman.
vivit
vivit
Townie
vivit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by vivit »

In post 245, PvtUrist wrote:I'm interested to see how others react to this. Especially vivit's response.
Nauci already expressed a lot of what I think: you seem to be cherry-picking out fluffposts in an attempt to justify your accusations of Nauci and me while ignoring everything of substance we actually have posted. In one case you actually represented a
direct reply
I made to munchmellow (specifically post ) as a fluffpost. Furthermore, you described it as an attempt to mislead and confuse the town without elaborating on this point at all.

Your posts seem very aggressive and your reasoning seems to focus on content out of context. I can understand how you might not have a clear picture of the context just yet because of how recently you were substituted in, but if you don't have a good picture of what's going on, then why are you so confident with your reads already? I would think that a townie, even a newbie townie, who just substituted in would carefully consider the conversation up until the point where they joined, then gently join the conversation based on what people are already talking about, and, once they have gotten comfortable with the atmosphere, post some tentative reads based on the big picture of how players have been interacting. I would NOT expect a newly-substituted townie to immediately join in the scumhunting by collecting up posts they find suspicious (taking them out of context in the process) and laying all of the evidence down at once.

Jim seemed slightly scummy, you seem
very
scummy. I won't push a wagon on you yet; I'd like to see what other people think, but yeah, you've been acting pretty suspicious ever since you entered the thread.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 266, vivit wrote:you seem very scummy. I won't push a wagon on you yet
Por que no?

Also, why mention the case I made against him without mentioning that I now town read there?
vivit
vivit
Townie
vivit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by vivit »

Ah, I didn't catch that bit! I'm not quite sure what it was that Urist said that made you confident he was town?

The reason I'm not going to push a wagon on Urist just yet is because I don't know if it's going to gain enough steam this close to the end of the day. I also feel like maybe I've done enough waggon-hopping today today anyway.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

@vivit
fyi
In post 252, Nauci wrote:
In post 246, Nauci wrote:I'm pretty satisfied that your slot is probably-town.
For the record, this is because I'm fairly certain that almost no scum would be capable of both real-time defense without being too nervous/crumbling, and simultaneously making minute read updates like in on vivit's post. It'd be an awful lot of faking to juggle at once. Plus, this is probably town-tunneling.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Nauci »

My only regret is that other people weren't awake during it all
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 265, Nauci wrote:Oops I shouldn't have responded mid-Lyft without fully catching up lol

Flavor, I mostly got confused because you said he. I'm a woman.
I’m sorry. While I was posting I started with She, and then thought I was incorrect, so changed it to be. I guess I had it right originally. My apologies.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:57 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

Omg, this is hard. Just thinking of all the possibilities who could be scum buddies and which actions and reactions would make most sense... it gives me a headache.

I think PvtUrist reads townie. I don't agree with Nauci having only fluffposts but I do agree with his assessment of Vivit. I checked the two wagons we made. First on Jim - roster had a vote on him since page 2or3. Than Nauci voted him, but that was after some more people said we would be ok with lynching him. Vivit followed quite soon after that and Salamander later gave L-1 vote. I think both of latter two were a bit suspicious.
Than xwing expressed some concern in his - he thought Salamander is scum from the beggining. Nauci also changed her vote and Roster followed. I don't think roster following is suspicious, since his vote on Jim was kind of from RVS. But Vivit than gave his L-1 right after him.
So, if fe agree, that there is at least one scum on that two wagons, I would go with Vivit.

I was also thinking, what if Jim and Nauci were both scum and with everyone reading Nauci as town and following her and Jim being so inactive, it would be easy for Nauci to change wagon to Salamander. Than after PvtUrist replaced Jim they had to create a distraction, so it wouldn't be obvious that Nauci changed the wagon. And what better way to do it than to accuse her of being Scum. I mean, there was no real danger, since everyone trusts Nauci. We would also expect if Jim's slot would be scum, a scum would be happy with Salamander wagon and so he would lay low - so going after Nauci would also make him look townie. And after some bickering, they were both happy to say - ok, I think you are town for now. So it could be just a scum vs scum interaction to keep us of their tracks. I don't know if I am making any sense here, but it is just a thought that I had. I don't want to act on it, because it kind of seems complicated to me right now and I think we need to see what happens in N1 before we act on that theory.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:15 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

My vote's still staying on vivit.

That's assuming I'm good enough to seamlessly make the SvS interaction of Urist!Nauci. I'm feeling FL (maybe Nauci) is the only person here skillful enough to maybe pull off something as massive as that.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

So, these are the people, I would rather not lynch on day1:
Xwing, Roster, Nauci, Flavor, Komodo, PvtUrist (sorted from most town to least town).
And my two candidates for D1 lynch:
Salamander and Vivit.

I really don't know which way to go here. I was suspicious of Vivit from the beggining (). So maybe I should call it a gut feeling and go with Vivit. But my gut feeling is often wrong. I mean, I always pick the slowest line at the store and stuff like that...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”