Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I like lolWagons early posting
don't like their reaction to A50's claim but that's lesser and they changed tune eventually
Last edited by Jingle on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Omochao
Omochao
Goon
Omochao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Omochao »

In post 699, Gamma Emerald wrote:trogdor
whomst've'd'y'ain't?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

it's you
omochao is from sonic adventure iirc so I'm referencing the greatest chao ever
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Robert2424 »

I agree with gamma, but would add with my experience with him, he's been usually very aggressive. His post seem almost like a differen't person this game then the other game.....The problem is I don't fully know his alignment in the other game, so I can't really make a call on that. But It bothers me and will probably bother me till I know his role in both games tbh.

One complaint I'm really having, and this goes out to everyone, its a game. It seems people are taking things too personal. I would quote certain posts but I don't want to call anybody out directly on it. its a game. Lets try to have fun playing the game, otherwise I don't know why we are playing. Just saying this, I don't want to say anything else again, or I'll send a message to the mod about it. :) If your not taking it too personal ignore this paragraph.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

agree with me on what?
<Embrace The Void>

Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Robert2424 »

Trivium.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'd recommend you try to avoid using ongoing games to comment on other games if that's what you're doing
<Embrace The Void>

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 698, Omochao wrote:you asked me
You have meta on other people - y/n?
You believe your meta is good - y/n?
You're actively then choosing to not use your meta - y/n?
[snip]

in no way did I admit to "setting up an excuse to not use meta". That implies that I was laying groundwork down to then cop out of using meta under the grounds of "its against my policy" which is totally ridiculous and I absolutely challenge you to argue that I was.
I bolded you setting up never using meta even if you know it.
You answered Y to that question - therefore admitting that if you had meta that said one thing and were otherwise thinking the other thing, you would ignore the meta - thus absolving you of blame from doing something you would now is incorrect.

I don't get why you're confused about this - it's what you said.
Omochao
Omochao
Goon
Omochao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Omochao »

In post 707, Thor665 wrote:I don't get why you're confused about this - it's what you said.
do you acknowledge the difference between "setting up to do something" and "doing something"?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

Sure.
Do you see a point where I used the wrong one?
Omochao
Omochao
Goon
Omochao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Omochao »

In post 613, Thor665 wrote:having you admit to an excuse to ignore info you have reads as scummy to me.
In post 675, Thor665 wrote:Setting up an excuse to not use info is scummy.
reading these two it would appear to me that your point evolved. Am I wrong in thinking that?
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:39 am

Post by themilkcartonkid »

Okay, I've been trying to get some reads the past few days. I don't have some amazing insight, but I highly doubt omo and thor are on the same side. I may be able to see both town, but if one is scum the other one is certainly not I think. I think thors posting is anti-town because it isnt really revealing anything nor do I think it's scumhunting. I would be interested in a flip on this because I can't figure out if this is anti-town and it would firm up omo. Omo keeps going back to thor, which makes me think he might like the lack of scumhunting? I think that's more speculative than the solid antitown pushes that he can claim weren't actual pushes that thors done. I don't understand my wagon. I saw a pr role get lynched more than a week from day end. I'm going to speak up. I don't like the comments from cheeky on being ready to lynch with 9 days left. Not totally sold though. The only solid town for me at the moment is skitter. His really in depth posting is good for me.
1 is towniest 10 is scummiest
skitter30 (2)
CheekyTeeky (4)
Omochao, replacing Trivium (7)
VOTE: Thor665 (7.5)
Gamma Emerald (5.5)
DuckDuckJab (Hydra of Bujaber and the worst) (3.5)
DarkLightA* (5)
joges (5)
Almost50 (3) until tomorrow
LolWagons, replacing Soviet Crocolisk (5) I liked way that he backed off in retrospect
Robert2424 (6)
Lady Angel* (5)

I think a thor flip gives me a lot of info because he's been combative. Question for Robert: how long have you played on this forum/other forums?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 710, Omochao wrote:
In post 613, Thor665 wrote:having you admit to an excuse to ignore info you have reads as scummy to me.
reading these two it would appear to me that your point evolved. Am I wrong in thinking that?
If so it "evolved" into a less extreme stance.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 675, Thor665 wrote:1. If it's suboptimal and might be anti-town (it is) then what should I suggest? That he not be sub-optimal and anti-town? Oooh, or maybe that by going to the newbie queue he could freely reinvent his playstyle away from people that he would have to ignore meta on (thus removing the anti-town stank from his play) if that was his goal. Strange, it's almost like if you read it in Morgan Freeman's voice my suggestion is helpful and thoughtful as opposed to an insult.

2. Setting up an excuse to not use info is scummy. If you don't think that's true then...well, I disagree with you, but I hardly find it a shocking enough statement to question me on. He openly claimed that what he was doing when I forced him to clarify.

3. I shifted from anti-town to scummy after I got him to clarify what he was doing.

4. I'm not actually pushing him, I'm trying to push A50.

Anything I miss?
VOTE: thor

you can't really describe why what he's doing as scummy outside of an abstract/theoretical 'not using all of his information so he's being anti-town' and i believe that you're decent enough at this game to recognize that there's a distinction between anti-town and scummy and that just because someone is not playign optimally (even intentionally so!) doesn't make them scum. and this has already been pointed out but wrt point 2: like the easy way to avoid using this info if he's scum and it's like inconvenient ... is just not to mention he has this meta? like if the motivation you're ascribing to him is setting up an excuse to avoid using it, he could have just sidestepped this entire problem by not acknowledging that the meta exists, since it is an alt.

like you can't even come up with a scummy motivation for why he might do that beyond 'not utilizing all of his information and hampering town's collective scumhunting efforts' and that's like - so what? why is that scummy?

and if you're not pushing him for this like why are we having this conversation even?

also like you said something along the lines of that you're doing this to collect info in case you ever decide to push him in the future:
In post 613, Thor665 wrote:So the point is, I'll use this to develop a case on you if I decide you need to get lynched.
like i've said this already but you're scoring rhetorical points against him that dont' actually translate to scummy actions (i know you're saying that you disagree and that you think 'withholding information and not utilizing every tool at his disposal' is scummy', but no, it isn't, and i don't really believe that you believe this in anything other than an abstract/rhetorical sense) that you might later use to try to get him lynched.

==
In post 676, Thor665 wrote:Here's a game for you skitter;

Quote the last thing A50 posted that looks like sorting/scumhunting to you.
Then ask yourself why the wagon on him is not legit.
oh yeah i def agree that he isn't scumhunting; i pointed this out a few times earlier in the game.

and when he *does* scumhunt i can usually identify it as being from town!him pretty fast (like within a couple of posts even)

but i'm starting to learn that even when he's town, he might just decide not to, especially if he's doing a gambit or frustrated with the game for whatever reason; he usually gets over it at some point. if he like never starts scumhunting, than yeah, he's just scum here, but it could take him a bit to get into that groove as town.

idk we can give him a bit imo, like a day or two. he absolutely must be resolved before lylo tho.

==
In post 678, Gamma Emerald wrote:In schadd’s game I was aware of replacement and didn’t care
oh sorry, i thought you hadn't noticed them yet

==

lady angel is still kinda bad

==
In post 703, Robert2424 wrote:I agree with gamma, but would add with my experience with him, he's been usually very aggressive. His post seem almost like a differen't person this game then the other game.....The problem is I don't fully know his alignment in the other game, so I can't really make a call on that. But It bothers me and will probably bother me till I know his role in both games tbh.
uh don't talk about ongoing games

==
In post 711, themilkcartonkid wrote:Omo keeps going back to thor, which makes me think he might like the lack of scumhunting? I think that's more speculative than the solid antitown pushes that he can claim weren't actual pushes that thors done.
what do you mean by this?

(i'm a she btw)
In post 711, themilkcartonkid wrote:Omochao, replacing Trivium (7)
or i guess just like explain this read again because i'm not following the above quote
if thor flips scum do you think omachao is town?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Skitter - why are we discussing this? Because you and him keep asking me why I don't like what he's doing, to then advance that to calling me scummy for calling that scummy when I'm not actually basing a case on it is just so boneheaded as to leave me dead inside. If that bothers you why aren't you rasing hell about Creature's case on me, or Milk's "case" on me? Like, if I'm worth voting over this shouldn't they be? What's with the double standard?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.12
Flavor to be added.

With 13 Alive, it is 7 to Lynch!

themilkcartonkid: (4) (511), (522), (592), (625),
Almost50: (2) (98), (414),
Thor665: (2) (711), (713),
Gamma Emerald: (1) (266),
Robert2424: (1) (326),
Lady Angel: (1) (699),
LolWagons: (0)
Omochao: (0)
CheekyTeeky: (0)
joges: (0)
DuckDuckJab: (0)
skitter30: (0)
DarkLightA: (0)

Not Voting (2): (327), (519)

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-01-02 12:00:00).

Important Notes:
-
The Game is currently in Day One.

-
skitter30 is permanently V/LA on Fridays and Saturdays.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 662, Gamma Emerald wrote:But since I have the audacity to forget who was replaced when the mod has barely fucking updated the OP and as such an asking question at people who’ve been replaced, I’m scummy now?
I apologize for the lateness, but I believe the OP to be up to date as of yesterday. Sorry for any inconvenience my tardiness may have caused.

Also, on an unrelated note:

Do NOT discuss ongoing games.

Thank you. :good:
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

No I was wrong Jingle
I’m very sorry for my rudeness
<Embrace The Void>

DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by DuckDuckJab »

@Thor - at the time I posted you both had 57 posts and had posted at roughly the same time (few minutes apart max). There's no connection. It is a coincidence. If I had posted some random fact about something video game or sport related that was clearly off topic, would you have commented?

Do you actually think I would think that you two are coordinating your posting like that? Are you secretly robots?!

-BuJ
"Rumor has it he's that infamous human-sized duck. We don't know if it's true, but trust me, you don't want to fight him" - Chuck Norris
Omochao
Omochao
Goon
Omochao
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Omochao »

In post 712, Thor665 wrote:
In post 710, Omochao wrote:
If so it "evolved" into a less extreme stance.
as i understand it your stance on this whole meta deal has been

"an excuse to not use meta is scummy" but it looks like you've shifted it to "setting up an excuse to not use meta is scummy".

correct me if im wrong
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

Finally people are realizing how scummy Thor's play is? GOOD GRIEF! Why is it that when >I< say something I get attacked for it, but then when I lay off and give up people do the exact same thing I said to do and they refused to?

VOTE: Thor

P.S. I almost signed as if this was a hydra account. Well, at least you won't see me posting from a hydra account in this game as I follow all my games from my main and then switch accounts with the other browser.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by DuckDuckJab »

I'm pretty behind sorry. I'll try and be here d2 if I'm still alive.
Skitter is a wolf :(

~ tw
"Rumor has it he's that infamous human-sized duck. We don't know if it's true, but trust me, you don't want to fight him" - Chuck Norris
joges
joges
Goon
joges
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by joges »

I'm so far behind too. My weeks have been weird. VLA until Tuesday. My schedule goes back to normal Tuesday.
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 721, DuckDuckJab wrote:I'm pretty behind sorry. I'll try and be here d2 if I'm still alive.

~ tw
What makes Skitter a wolf?
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
DuckDuckJab
DuckDuckJab
Goon
DuckDuckJab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:06 am

Post by DuckDuckJab »

In post 723, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 721, DuckDuckJab wrote:I'm pretty behind sorry. I'll try and be here d2 if I'm still alive.

~ tw
What makes Skitter a wolf?
What makes her hard town?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”