micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

Vote count 1.6

Mephistophanes 39 (2):
sheepsaysmeep, podoboq
podoboq (2):
mastina, Nibbui
mastina (1):
the worst

not voting (4):
skitter30, InfiniteSoda, Pink Ball, Mephistophanes 39

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends january 8 (2019) at 00:10 central US time; in (expired on 2019-01-08 00:10:00)

mod notes
  • skitter30 vla on fridays and saturdays
  • nibbui vla for a while
  • infinitesoda vla weekends
  • see ees
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 899, Pink Ball wrote:@podoboq I don't know 'cause I haven't played with here, but I love her playstyle. Only by reading her catch up I feel more wise as a person. Just think about it: if she's town, the way she reads the thread is outstanding; if she's scum, even better.
correct
(but she's also sometimes horrifically wrong and tunnels hard)
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 897, the worst wrote:she's rly fun to play with though
In post 897, the worst wrote:spectacular prose
In post 899, Pink Ball wrote:@podoboq I don't know 'cause I haven't played with here, but I love her playstyle. Only by reading her catch up I feel more wise as a person. Just think about it: if she's town, the way she reads the thread is outstanding; if she's scum, even better.
What the fuck are you guys reading? This isn't David Sedaris we're talking about. This is just an atrocious scumhunter.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i kinda skipped the last 2 pages so far will read them later

why the fuck does everything happen while im not here
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

@tw wrt the skitter meta you linked

i think her villagery type of posting walls is better than i'd expected from her and i was kinda? underestimating her w game

but i think here theres a lot mroe genuine interacging/engaging with people and solving and she's still lean v after skimming that it's just a bit weaker
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 902, podoboq wrote:
What the fuck are you guys reading? This isn't David Sedaris we're talking about. This is just an atrocious scumhunter.
I'm not talking about her reads, but the way she expresses herself. In only two posts she has contributed an analysis with much more depth than a lot of players can't make in a whole game. She has given us different angles to look at the thread, something very valuable when 5-6 players are giving almost the same readlist. I know you're upset since she showed you in a bad light, but as I said, this is not about her reads.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 904, sheepsaysmeep wrote:@tw wrt the skitter meta you linked

i think her villagery type of posting walls is better than i'd expected from her and i was kinda? underestimating her w game

but i think here theres a lot mroe genuine interacging/engaging with people and solving and she's still lean v after skimming that it's just a bit weaker
good
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:24 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 850, podoboq wrote:
In post 739, northsidegal wrote:The only thing binding me to this game (beyond a general aversion to replacing out) is a strong desire to prove you all wrong, and that isn't healthy, good for the game, and I don't think it would be particularly enjoyable for anyone.

Suffice it to say, if you think me doing this is scum-indicative, you must think very poorly of me as a person and as a mafia player. The thought that I would leave this game, the mod and my scumbuddy behind just because I rolled scum (despite the fact that I made an effort and made it to endgame in TAZ, a game with
RC
in it) is actually just very insulting.

Last post.
Spoiler: not related to this game
Because of this replace out, and other replace outs like it, I'm changing a rule in all my future games. You can now only replace out via PM to the mod. Any posts made after you intend to replace should not effect the game in any way. A simple "see you guys after the game," is fine, but that's about it. You don't get to explain why you're leaving, or yell at town on your way out. I get the need to explain yourself, and the frustration that comes from people potentially misunderstanding your intentions. It doesn't matter. Once you've decided to replace out, you are no longer playing this game. You don't get to play it any more. You've sacrificed that right. Continuing to post in here after choosing to replace is as problematic as me going into a game I'm not playing and commenting on who I think is scum. I'm tired of seeing people replace out like this. Please leave.

Sorry, I felt like I needed to post that. As for the game, while NSG's posts weren't, like, good, there was too little for me actually have her is anything other than null. I'd not going to read this replace as AI. I'll wait for Meph to catch up and everything.

Aristophanes, we've played together before, right?

UNVOTE:
This is Nancy, I will be nagging Ari soon. :P

Tbf, I really do understand how she feels. It really does get to you after awhile. I handle things differently now though. I used to get really depressed when people I would expect to read me properly can’t but now, I just get enraged and try to strike a happy compromise between posting within the spirit of site rules and figuratively smacking some heads, and those are on my good days.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:40 am

In post 903, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i kinda skipped the last 2 pages so far will read them later

why the fuck does everything happen while im not here
So sheep, when are you planning to correctly read us?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:46 am

In post 855, podoboq wrote:
In post 852, Nibbui wrote:I think NSG just was ticked off by me scum leaning her replace out. There's some history for that and I understand her.
If that's meant as an excuse for her continuing to post after intending to replace, it doesn't change how I feel about it. Just because she really wanted to do it, doesn't mean it's acceptable. Whatever the reason. If you want to talk about the game, you have to play the game. That's the cost of entry.
There needs to be a lot more compassionate people like you on this site. You might prefer MU, they’re OCD about these things.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:48 am

In post 859, sheepsaysmeep wrote:why does all of the fucking posting happen while im away

and fucking hydras
Excuse me? Wtf exactly is your issue with that?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:51 am

In post 860, sheepsaysmeep wrote:hydra's opening is pretty meh

gun to my head w but it's mostly just meh
I don’t really believe you actually believe we’re w here. I will give you some time but I will become legit concerned, if sheep isn’t able to correctly read me soon.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:54 am

So far pb and Nibbul seem fine to me. I particularily appreciate they’re both trying to go beyond the usual surfacey reads, you see far too often from bad town in games. This also applies to Skitter.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:00 am

In post 904, sheepsaysmeep wrote:@tw wrt the skitter meta you linked

Only a “lean” V? Her thought process here, seems pretty damn townie.

Hmmm . . . sheep still w reading me and only v lean on Skitter. I will be keeping my eye on this slot.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:06 am

Are you finding fault with her play in general or just this game? This criticism seems kind of over the top?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:08 am

In post 901, the worst wrote:
correct
(but she's also sometimes horrifically wrong and tunnels hard)
Are you reading her as bad town here?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:11 am

Skitter
Nibbul
Pink Ball
The Worst

I’m currently feeling the best about, so far.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:57 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 914, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
Are you finding fault with her play in general or just this game? This criticism seems kind of over the top?
I haven't played with mastina in general. (I think? Apparently she has a million alts and claims to have played with everybody, but that doesn't mean anything to me.)

I think the play that mastina is displaying here is extremely bad. She extrapolated way too much from people's first, RVS posts, with terrible, unfounded assumptions about what those first posts are "supposed" to look like.

She buries her bad assumptions and horrible reads in mountains of text which amounts to nothing, because what she's talking about is nothing. The first posts truly don't matter, and I think they indicate essentially nothing. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know mastina can't read them anyway. She came to the conclusion that my serious tone was scummy based on her perspective on my personality in other games, despite the fact that it matches my tone in other games where I haven't participated in RVS, and my tone is also colored by real life circumstances. Granted, people can't see what's going on in the real world, so shouldn't assume anything, but that's the point. She expects complete tonal consistency, when that's impossible to accomplish as a human, regardless of whether they're playing good guy or bad guy in a game on some forum. It's a horrible way to look at this game, and it's a worse way to look at people, and it seriously frustrates me that this attitude from her is being praised.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:04 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 872, mastina wrote:
In post 4, skitter30 wrote:first! hello all!
@mod: regular vla on fridays/saturdays :)

VOTE: nibbui
This was an entirely clinical RVS entrance--it is constructed, rather than organic. There was an overall lack of whimsy to it, and no real lighthearted touch. However, skitter is a more logical-type player, so while I wasn't fond of it, I recognized that because of who made the post, it wasn't as scum-indicative as I'd otherwise be inclined to think. This still earned skitter a low place on my readslist, below the nulline, but only just.
And it's not just her read on me. This is useless too. These
tone reads
are nothing, and are based on literally one post, and mastina's clearly flawed
assumptions
about other players.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 894, podoboq wrote:Hey guys, real quick. Is the general consensus that mastina is incredible at this game?
why would you ask this?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:13 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 919, Nibbui wrote:
In post 894, podoboq wrote:Hey guys, real quick. Is the general consensus that mastina is incredible at this game?
why would you ask this?
If mastina is infallible at this game, then she's just scum, and I should just vote her. If she's prone to being exceptionally wrong, then she's probably just exceptionally wrong.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Nibbui »

I understand now something that I never thought it could be true:

engaging people make them usually harder to read (some players are an exception but generally speaking yes).

I've like, made d1 way less useful than it could be. something to reflect on and adopt on later games.

engaging people in my opinion right now is mostly useful only in the start of the game and I'm not going to explain in details why, maybe in post-game.

I'll probably try more of the playstyle of shitposting until I've done my work on everyone and therefore start solving for real.

I'm posting this mostly to quote on my next town game for people to not get paranoid of a disengaged!Nibbui.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:13 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

ancy's posting is actually very wolfy for her and her progression slowly trying to push me is terribly forced

also i dont have an issue with you guys as a hydra but hydras in general i hate playing with
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Nibbui »

Ok so I've other slots to check on and I'm tired of reading Podoboq's games because I've like, already put what? 4 or 5 hours on it? and I expected him not being one of the hardest to get a feel on (not because you're bad or anything podoboq, but because you aren't as experienced as some players here and the more experience you've in mafia, the more you become self-aware and start to be able to play any way you feel like).

The more you roll scum number is the feeling "woah, I'm scum, an outsider" while posting and that just makes meta reads harder imo.

Your scum game is pretty good and I'm not as sure as I would like that you're town here but...

Yeah, you can be town for now I guess?

You've changed your scum game btw if you're scum here and I need to say it would have got even better.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:23 am

Post by Nibbui »

[Nibbui] - town read
[Podoboq] - town lean
[skitter, sheep, the worst, Pink Ball] - nulltown
[mastina, Nancy, Infinite] - null

there's probably one scum in my nulltown reads right now by the way but we'll get there eventually.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”