micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

Vote count 1.7

Mephistophanes 39 (3):
sheepsaysmeep, skitter30
podoboq (1):
mastina
mastina (1):
the worst
sheepsaysmeep (1):
Nibbui

not voting (3):
InfiniteSoda, Pink Ball, Mephistophanes 39, podoboq

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends january 8 (2019) at 00:10 central US time; in (expired on 2019-01-08 00:10:00)

mod notes
  • skitter30 vla on fridays and saturdays
  • nibbui vla for a while
  • infinitesoda vla weekends
  • i could kiss you for hours, the feeling you bring
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 996, skitter30 wrote:b/c your townread on me is like mysteriously strong + still bad vibes from nsg + idk where else to vote + you haven't done anything townie
It’s partally a gutread, plus what else I’ve already said. I will become more obvtown, providing we don’t get mislynched of course. Since I am still trying to play catch up and haven’t yet voted myself, I obviously can’t suggest where else you should vote. I do hope we get the chance anyway.

Btw, what is it you found so scummy from NSG?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:08 pm

In post 979, podoboq wrote:
In post 973, Nibbui wrote:what if we actually get scum right on d1 and just quick lynch the other one on d2 though?
This literally just happened in my game that just finished with sheep!

Hey guys, addendum to "I've never played with anyone here." I just finished a game with sheep. I thought he was town in my other game, but I was wrong. He looks the same to me in this game, so I'm less confident in my townread on sheep. I'll explore that more some other time.
Well, I was initially townreading him but I thought it strange how annoyed he sounded about my being in a hydra. I dunno, I think tonally something may be off.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:09 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 879, podoboq wrote:These are my only completed games where I've actually participated in RVS. All the others, I either abstained, or we were simply out of RVS by the time I voted.

Subject: Open 647: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)
podoboq wrote:VOTE: Cakez, he's totally the serial killer, guys.
Subject: New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)
podoboq wrote:My name is less confusing to type than Boem_u_dusi
VOTE: Nosferatu
Subject: Mini 1813 - Overwatch Mafia! TOWN WINS
podoboq wrote:VOTE: The Engineer
He's not even from this game!

A note to all players, I will be V/LA for the next week, as I'm on vacation in DC. Can usually check in and post at night, but access will be, you know....limited.
Since it just ended, I have a new one to add to this group.

Subject: Mini Normal 2050: Serial Killers - Game Over
podoboq wrote:Hey everyone. First game on site in a year and a half.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

This is the only person on the player list I think I've ever played with before.
In post 3, Dannflor wrote:Oh and VOTE: podoboq cuz I can't decide how to pronounce their name
Poe-dough-bock
In post 3, Dannflor wrote:What do y'all think the chances are of there being a serial killer in a game called Serial Killers?
Honestly, I would guess the title has nothing to do with the setup.
Actual game spoilers follow
Spoiler:
I was town here, by the way. And the quoted game only started, like, a week before this one.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Spoiler:
In post 913, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 904, sheepsaysmeep wrote:@tw wrt the skitter meta you linked

i think her villagery type of posting walls is better than i'd expected from her and i was kinda? underestimating her w game

but i think here theres a lot mroe genuine interacging/engaging with people and solving and she's still lean v after skimming that it's just a bit weaker
Only a “lean” V? Her thought process here, seems pretty damn townie.

Hmmm . . . sheep still w reading me and only v lean on Skitter. I will be keeping my eye on this slot.
In post 832, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Skitter’s probably town - lots of questioning and sorting.
In post 912, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:So far pb and Nibbul seem fine to me. I particularily appreciate they’re both trying to go beyond the usual surfacey reads, you see far too often from bad town in games. This also applies to Skitter.
In post 916, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Skitter
Nibbul
Pink Ball
The Worst

I’m currently feeling the best about, so far.

i don't get where this read came from, or why it's strong enough for you that you're suspicious of sheep for only townleaning me?

it's specifically the latter bit i guess, in . like you use the fact that he's 'only v lean on me' as a reason to suspect him, like you think that i'm so obviously town here that he's suspicious for the not recognizing the fact and i don't get why you think i'm so obviously town or why he should see that (and tbh i think the fact that his read changed a bit after looking at that game is fine). it feels like a bit of a convenient read almost, like one you have at least in part because it gives you a reason to push sheep.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:19 pm

In post 859, sheepsaysmeep wrote:why does all of the fucking posting happen while im away

and fucking hydras
In post 922, sheepsaysmeep wrote:ancy's posting is actually very wolfy for her and her progression slowly trying to push me is terribly forced

also i dont have an issue with you guys as a hydra but hydras in general i hate playing with
In post 934, sheepsaysmeep wrote:I reread nancys last chain of posting and like

“town sheep can aleays v read me correctly is her go to for v cred or a lazy push on me as wwolf

and the amount of emphasis and repeats she has of that is unreally forced
Nope, it’s really not and I’m kind of wondering if you really want to sort me here? Do you?

You just seem a lot less open than you tend to be when I can confidently onvtown read you. First Nibbul is thinking something may be off and now Poddock as well and someting about your tone here is kind of pinging me. When have you ever called me “forced”?

I never fake my emotions, therefore nothing I do is ever forced, sloppy, possibly but forced? never.

And if I dislike your tone, what would make that hypothetically “lazy”, let alone “wolfy”? And how is your vote on us, NOT “lazy”?

What are your reasons?

I get the sense you are fine confibiasing me here. Town!you would try to make some genuine effort to sort me here. You haven’t even made the slightest effort to even try to engage me or ask me a single question.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:29 pm

In post 1004, skitter30 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 913, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 904, sheepsaysmeep wrote:@tw wrt the skitter meta you linked

i think her villagery type of posting walls is better than i'd expected from her and i was kinda? underestimating her w game

but i think here theres a lot mroe genuine interacging/engaging with people and solving and she's still lean v after skimming that it's just a bit weaker
Only a “lean” V? Her thought process here, seems pretty damn townie.

Hmmm . . . sheep still w reading me and only v lean on Skitter. I will be keeping my eye on this slot.
In post 832, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Skitter’s probably town - lots of questioning and sorting.
In post 912, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:So far pb and Nibbul seem fine to me. I particularily appreciate they’re both trying to go beyond the usual surfacey reads, you see far too often from bad town in games. This also applies to Skitter.
In post 916, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Skitter
Nibbul
Pink Ball
The Worst

I’m currently feeling the best about, so far.

i don't get where this read came from, or why it's strong enough for you that you're suspicious of sheep for only townleaning me?

it's specifically the latter bit i guess, in . like you use the fact that he's 'only v lean on me' as a reason to suspect him, like you think that i'm so obviously town here that he's suspicious for the not recognizing the fact and i don't get why you think i'm so obviously town or why he should see that (and tbh i think the fact that his read changed a bit after looking at that game is fine). it feels like a bit of a convenient read almost, like one you have at least in part because it gives you a reason to push sheep.

Fair. My main reason for being suspicious of sheep is lack of any meaningful effort to engage me or ask me any questions, like you are doing here.

In your opinion, do you see sheep doing that because I have yet to see that from him on our slot so far. I have played numerous games with him and have never seen town!sheep either fail to attempt to engage me or ask me questions. The only other time I can recall him not doing this, was in MU Throne of Lies. Town!sheep is also extemely genuine and I have read him correctly in numerous games now.

Town!sheep isn’t tunelled on me for no good reason either. It’s like he’s already made his mind up about our slot. Why isn’t he even remotely concerned we could be a possible mislynch?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean, ok, but none of that really addresses my point, which is that you seem to be hyping up the strength of your read on me in order to push sheep for having 'bad' reads

you've only been in the game since like what, thursday? and he hasn't really been around during that time or really sorted *anyone* so his lack of sorting you i don't find particularly troublesome rn (i'm not even sure i agree with the premise that he hasn't tried to sort you, but whatever)
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1007, skitter30 wrote:i mean, ok, but none of that really addresses my point, which is that you seem to be hyping up the strength of your read on me in order to push sheep for having 'bad' reads

you've only been in the game since like what, thursday? and he hasn't really been around during that time or really sorted *anyone* so his lack of sorting you i don't find particularly troublesome rn (i'm not even sure i agree with the premise that he hasn't tried to sort you, but whatever)
IMO, I did wonder why he was just town leaning you. I understand you find my questioning of that either suspicious or unwarranted but this is something I do frequently as town and yes, I also often encounter the same reaction I’m getting from you.

In almost every game I’ve ever played with town!sheep, one of the very first things he does is try to sort me. Even when he incorrectly read me that one time, he did this. Yes, I do find that to be suspicious but it’s the off tonal thing combined with it, as well.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 pm

In post 1008, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1007, skitter30 wrote:i mean, ok, but none of that really addresses my point, which is that you seem to be hyping up the strength of your read on me in order to push sheep for having 'bad' reads

IMO, I did wonder why he was just town leaning you. I understand you find my questioning of that either suspicious or unwarranted but this is something I do frequently as town and yes, I also often encounter the same reaction I’m getting from you.

In almost every game I’ve ever played with town!sheep, one of the very first things he does is try to sort me. Even when he incorrectly read me that one time, he did this. Yes, I do find that to be suspicious but it’s the off tonal thing combined with it, as well.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by Nibbui »

Nancy why do you think that sheep is good on reading you?

can you link me to recent games where he does that?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by Nibbui »

also I don't find anything off with sheep right now, I didn't say that
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:54 am

In post 1010, Nibbui wrote:Nancy why do you think that sheep is good on reading you?

can you link me to recent games where he does that?
No, no completed games on this site. He just recently got unbanned but I’ve played plenty with him on MU.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:55 am

Post by Nibbui »

it can be games on MU

what is his ratio more or less of reading you/misreading you?
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:02 am

Oh okay, so that must have been podoboq.
In post 1011, Nibbui wrote:also I don't find anything off with sheep right now, I didn't say that
In post 981, Nibbui wrote:
In post 979, podoboq wrote:
In post 973, Nibbui wrote:what if we actually get scum right on d1 and just quick lynch the other one on d2 though?
This literally just happened in my game that just finished with sheep!

Hey guys, addendum to "I've never played with anyone here." I just finished a game with sheep. I thought he was town in my other game, but I was wrong. He looks the same to me in this game, so I'm less confident in my townread on sheep. I'll explore that more some other time.
oh that game finished?

that's good I guess
I still find something off with his interactions with me. He usually tries to engage me and ask me questions.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:09 am

In post 1013, Nibbui wrote:it can be games on MU

what is his ratio more or less of reading you/misreading you?
As town, he wrongly scumread me once. As scum, first game I played with him, he tried to get me mislynched and was deathtunnelled on me, like he seems to be here. Town!sheep is paranoid, waffley, abd usually uncertain. He was on my hydra in team Mafia. I just dislike that he just keeps calling me wolf and not attempting once to accurately sort me. Even that one time, he wrongly sr me, he tried to do that and I insisted he was town, even when he mislynched me because he was clearly trying to sort me. He obviously got it wrong in that case but it was obvious, he was doing that.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 997, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:I’m sorry guys, I’ve really been trying my best - despite being overgamed and unwell. I also signed up to play in a hydra but so far, I’m the only one carrying this slot. :/

~Nancy
why are you overgamed?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Nibbui »

hmmm ok so forget it

I'm not tryharding so hard anymore

accurately getting a metric on so many experienced players in such a short time span is just exhausting and I'm not progressing as fast as I would like

Also that readlist full of nulls was me being careful about who to call town or not because I've been fooled so many times that I'm afraid of being wrong but...

screw it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and that's it. I can't help being incompetent.

in my opinion:

Podoboq is town

PB is likely town

All the rest of you guys are null as of now although I'm a bit biased towards to end up town reading tw because I don't want to fight with him again
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Nibbui »

Until the end of day 1 I expect to at least have 4 town reads though

Optimally 5 because with five correct town reads it's a mechanical town win
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Nibbui »

Also I'm not going to try to meta Mastina because that would take a whole week

I'll take her posts at face-value and try to get good scum reads on other players if she is perhaps town here

I've a weird gut on someone right now but let's wait and see
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:14 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

nancy

im not annoyed that
you
are in a hydra; i just hate playing with the concept of a hydra

and where do you get that im tunneling you

im not
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:15 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i actually think you engaging me like this about my read is very villager!you tbh

but you cant assume that two posts saying i think your entrance is wolfy is a tunnel that i'll never reevaluate?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:16 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

the last game i played with nancy iirc: she was wolf on mtgs

i townread her and she kept repeating sheep always reads me correctly sheep always reads me correctly
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:29 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/com ... -game-over
The only person, I would not be suspicious of confidently reading me this quickly would be sheep based on we’ve played a lot of games together including hydra in team Mafia game.
If you know my meta in the slightest, you’d know that I frequently get mistakenly scumread on D1.
I had this happen in another game I was in, where I got wrongly scumread for doing something very similar.
tldr as wolf she tries to make sure she's getting v read and keeps using meta as a reason

(reading through her iso in that game, it actually feels a lot like her content here
also reading through her iso there i dont really think her being so emphatic against my w lean on her is actually ai or unfakeable for her)

im too lazy to find other examples but she also tends to emphasize even more that i should know how to v read her when shes wolf

hadnt played with her for a while so iw as kinda forgetting what her meta is like but when i skimmed her entrance i was like huh that feels really familiar

but yeah going through an example to let you guys know what im thinking actually made my read here stronger
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:33 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

@nibbui why podo