micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 1268, LolWagons wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: The Worst

I don’t think Mastina is scum with TW based on the first half or so of her ISO and I’m becoming increasingly wary of this slot. I find myself thinking that regardless of the Nancy flip that both TWs hops on and off the NSG/Nancy wagon have been bad. I can’t believe I went from where I was at thirty posts ago to here but I think this is the right move.
I can’t help get the feeling that Mastina has somehow set up a situation with an artificial 1v1 between tw and myself. Having us as her #1 townread and the worst, as her #1 scumread. She approaches this in a deliberately scummy way, which sets up an atmosphere conducive to influencing everyone to pick a side. Of course, since she’s intentionally acting so scummy, massive suspicion is thrown on our slot, causing us to viewed far more suspiciously then we would otherwise.

Then lol pressures tw to vote us, while still scumreading me. And town appeares to have no clue how cleverly they’re being manipulated.

Neither Mastina’s #1 townread on us or #1 scumread on the worst are ever explained, so I can’t help wondering, which one of us was allocated to be which day’s lynch. I also don’t feel that lol’s reads seem genuine, like he’s just putting his own spin on what others have already said.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:28 am

Post by Nibbui »

If TW is scum I think mastina has positive equity of being scum by the fact that they voted her but didn't really push her and sounded like just waiting for NSG's wagon to come close to a lynch to hammer

if Sheep is scum I think mastina isn't a out of possibility partner

Even if, anyone still scum reads Mephistophanes, that points to Mastina haveing positive equity of being scum imo

and I've like I said, a weird impression on their readlist because it's the same from page 1 or 2 what somewhat makes it sounds like they are creating a narrative instead of looking deeper in players actions

I think what she said about podoboq and duck is valid, but my problem is that she is clearing people for stuff that sounds a bit surreal for me + was scum reading TW since the start when I think he sounded fine in the first pages.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:34 am

Post by Pink Ball »

By the way Nancy, if you feel hurt everytime people scumread you when you're, that's borderline a trust tell. If you're scum here, bravo, now you can't get angry if someone doesn't believe your emotions; if you're town, you're making your way to that trust tell. I believe you, not because I should, but because I already thought that NSG was town (especially after some reactions of her replacement) and because you seemed genuine when defending yourself at first (back then, you didn't have to say that you were hurt etc, you just seemed pissed off because you didn't have the chance to play and you were already being wagoned. I know that feeling). What I mean is, explicitly saying that you're hurt for being scumread when you're town is a pattern you should try to avoid. Being emotional is fine, but you have to know is a double-edged sword.

That being said, I hope you feel better. Let's start this year with a smile.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 1349, Pink Ball wrote:So in duck's readlist he had Nancy and LolWagons as scum and mastina as null; Nibbui asked him what's up with mastina and he replied that she towntelled because she read him backwards, but that she could go either way. Now that Nancy towntelled, the duck votes mastina.

Nibbui, not lynching the duck for being charismatic... I feel you, I really do. But duck's flip is better; I'll even say that, if I'm wrong about the worst, from my PoV the game would be solved in D2.
It's not only that he is charismatic tbh

I was the one to invite him to play, and same with Mastina

I feel really bad for needing to put both of they on my poe

but duck is a bit different because like...I hardly had a game with duck where we could solve together the game and we already *tried* lots of time

it's either me being scum, or him being scum, or we getting arguing because we aren't good at all on reading each other (I think duck is better at reading me than I'm on reading him though, specially since I feel his play as whole is under transformation).\\\\\\\\

I had read some of his games but I never really tried to analyze him better, and that goes same for any player until this game where I'm trying to learn how to read each player.

I'm conflicted here and don't want to risk mislynching him I guess
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Nibbui »

I can hammer duck if it comes to that but I would rather have Mastina today
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:40 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

[unv][/unv]

would switch to mastina but not duck

i fucking hate this but at this poitn it would be throwing to ignore that nancy is villager
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:41 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

UNVOTE:
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:45 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1351, Nibbui wrote:If TW is scum I think mastina has positive equity of being scum by the fact that they voted her but didn't really push her and sounded like just waiting for NSG's wagon to come close to a lynch to hammer

Even if, anyone still scum reads Mephistophanes, that points to Mastina haveing positive equity of being scum imo

and I've like I said, a weird impression on their readlist because it's the same from page 1 or 2 what somewhat makes it sounds like they are creating a narrative instead of looking deeper in players actions

I think what she said about podoboq and duck is valid, but my problem is that she is clearing people for stuff that sounds a bit surreal for me + was scum reading TW since the start when I think he sounded fine in the first pages.
You're scumreading her because of her playstyle instead of content. I get that 'cause I'm weirded out by her too, but that doesn't make her scum.

If the worst flips town, it's mastina and sheep and we win, as simple as that. If the worst flips red, there's a bunch of people who could be his partner (skitter, podoboq from mastina's PoV, sheep from my PoV, even lolwagons for the InfiniteSoda policy lynch thing). If mastina flips town, what do you think would be the next optimal course of action? The worst is, from what I get of the gamestate, the optimal lynch.

Want a superficial argument too? How resisted the worst's wagon has been compared to Nancy's indicates that his/her partner doesn't want to bus 'cause there are good alternatives to mislynch (aka mastina and Nancy, now LolWagons). The worst has enough scum equity and he having only two votes at page 54 says something. I know the counter argument is "but there's people being scummier than him", but is that likely so? Is there someone being so scummy that we should be agreeing and voting that person? I think there are some solid townreads, but scumreads? I know you feel the sams way about this.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:45 am

In post 1347, Nibbui wrote:Hmmm, I've something to say here but read all of it, carefully, before anyone jumping to any conclusions.

Nancy in Heroes PT:
I am not usually obvtown read from the getgo, despite what Ank said. They’re are definite differences between my town and scum games but only someone who knows my play, really really well, would ever pick up on them.
I will never be townread based on AtE ever again, since for me, that’s totally NAI.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think what Acid said to you back then was bad, but look, here you need to recognize that you used that to manipulate Toranaga in feeling bad for suspecting you when you were actually a wolf:
In post 533, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 530, Toranaga wrote:
In post 529, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 515, Toranaga wrote:I don't wanna be the one pushing nancy cause reasons but she pings me as scum since very early and quite a lot.
Based on? You also thought that Acid had valid reasons to wolfread me in the light game. I wasn’t scum there and I’m not here either.

I’m sure you wish I was though. Sorry to disapoint.
I didn't play that game and all I said was that acid wasn't
nasty
or
treated you viciously
. I could care less what his read looked like, but I'm defending his right to say everything he said about you without being misrepresented as a nasty vicious player. everyone who read his posts agree with me.

anyway let's not do this? I'm trying to avoid it. if you're town I'll figure out soon enough and I have absolutely 0 wanting of you being a wolf or whatever.
I mean that you probably wish I wasn’t in this game, amirite? :(
Like here, you think that it's something personal when really, it's not. He was simply scum reading you and everytime someone suspected you, you always thought that it wasn't a *valid reason* and you say this in the Mafia PT:
I’m not going down guys and don’t bus me, please. There is no logical reason to suspect me at this point.

So just freaking chill. I got this.
To make justice though, you didn't use AtE when you replaced in Witches Halloween in a scum slot. You were pretty chill there indeed.

Also, your AtE here isn't what I would expect from scum!you, it really seems like frustated town!you.

I'm only posting this to make you understand where The worst is coming from regardless of his aligment, it's really not personal Nancy. It's just that in Heroes your scum game used
a lot
of AtE, and that is one of your unique scum games in MS. If I look on for example on your scum game on MTG or in Witches, I can see why you think that this behavior is a town tell for you, but considering what happened in Heroes, people are still going to somewhat suspect you.

I recommend that when you eventually roll scum again, you actually don't use as much AtE as you used on Heroes because that will make your argument sounds convicing. I particularly think the perfect example of what you want to do in regards to that is be more or less like Sakura Hana.

She somewhat uses AtE as scum but it's very subdued, not-aggressive and weak. Also, although she only uses strong AtE as town, she doesn't always use it as a "trust tell" (what is not allowed in the site) except when she is very frustated with the game (as you're now and I understand you, I already got very frustated on Mafia as well).

But
again,
I don't think you use this kind of AtE, attacking a person not a idea, as scum.
I think this is frustated town!Nancy
for now and I'll let you breath and give your thoughts in the thread so that we can read you better, and I was trying to do that anyway since the start.

Then yeah, for now I'm town reading Nancy's slot although I'll be very, very let down if you're ever scum here (but I don't think you are!).
I just want to clarify that I don’t view AtE as AI but rather the CONTEXT of it, so you’re analysis is otherwise correct but what you don’t seem to be understanding is that AtE like derping, are not strategic for me, in anyway. I just react when I get upset for whatever reason. That’s why sheep continually insisting that I’m ever faking this, pisses me off.

Heroes was my first scumgame ever and prior to it. AtE got me townread. That doesn’t mean, it was strategic. I was just pointing out that it was now NAI. The same can be said for my derping, which I also did in that game. I make a reference in that PT that I honestly had no idea what Siren’s Call was, for example.

So, while I was the one who initially brought up that game, my reaction to what Tora said to me, was 100% genuine, if that makes any sense?

But I honestly don’t know how to fake emotions and think if I ever tried it, It would be immediately blatantly obvious. Maybe I’m not giving myself enough credit but if I feel I’m ever being fake, I automatically expect everyone else to think that as well.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:50 am

In post 1351, Nibbui wrote:If TW is scum I think mastina has positive equity of being scum by the fact that they voted her but didn't really push her and sounded like just waiting for NSG's wagon to come close to a lynch to hammer

and
I've like I said, a weird impression on their readlist because it's the same from page 1 or 2 what somewhat makes it sounds like they are creating a narrative instead of looking deeper in players actions

Ding, ding, wrt the bolded, my thoughts exactly.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Nibbui »

Perceptive Ball

did you hack my brain

you've like, identical thought process as me

aside from me being more confident that podoboq is town although it's kind of old meta (I tried to not pick on details though but his scum mindset)

but dunno what to do

if Mastina is town, tw is very probably scum imo though

and if both Mastina and TW are scum, I think sheep flips red?

Like, if not even one from [Mastina, The worst, Sheep] is scum we're probably screwed anyway
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:53 am

Post by Nibbui »

if both Mastina and TW are town I think sheep flips red**** I mean
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:55 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

nibbui can you talk to me about why you have podo such high v

especially since i still have some idea of recent meta
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 1357, Pink Ball wrote:Want a superficial argument too? How resisted the worst's wagon has been compared to Nancy's indicates that his/her partner doesn't want to bus 'cause there are good alternatives to mislynch (aka mastina and Nancy, now LolWagons).
I don't think so.

There's enough people already for a TW lynch probably, or very close to that

I think Mastina had more resistance

TW voted her but didn't care to push and only waited for the hammer on Nancy slot

Sheep comes to the thread, unvote Mephis, town lean everyone except Mastina but doesn't vote Mastina yet
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:56 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

tw can you link me your past w games if i didtn ask for them before and forget to read them

i think youre clear but apparently you have different site meta and can be wolfread here
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:56 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

@nibbui im waiting for a votecount because i dont want to hammer quite yet
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:57 am

In post 1352, Pink Ball wrote:By the way Nancy, if you feel hurt everytime people scumread you when you're, that's borderline a trust tell. If you're scum here, bravo, now you can't get angry if someone doesn't believe your emotions; if you're town, you're making your way to that trust tell. I believe you, not because I should, but because I already thought that NSG was town (especially after some reactions of her replacement) and because you seemed genuine when defending yourself at first (back then, you didn't have to say that you were hurt etc, you just seemed pissed off because you didn't have the chance to play and you were already being wagoned. I know that feeling). What I mean is, explicitly saying that you're hurt for being scumread when you're town is a pattern you should try to avoid. Being emotional is fine, but you have to know is a double-edged sword.

That being said, I hope you feel better. Let's start this year with a smile.
Thanks for that but I will get angry anytime anyone tells me I’m faking my emotions, because I don’t do that ever. Being genuine for me in NAI. It’s only the CONTEXT of those emotions, that aren’t, like being hurt, for example. I will be hurt regardless of alignment, if someone accuses me of faking my emotions but I will only be hurt by being scumread as town. I won’t like it ever but in Heroes, I genuinely was hurt by went down in MU June light game, so when Tora reacted to THAT, I was legit hurt for being wrongly scumread in a DIFFERENT game, then the one I was playing in.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Nibbui »

there is not many Mastina votes and I don't believe that you're afraid to hammer sheep
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:03 am

I don’t want to vote tw. I want to vote Mastina or lol.

I think there’s a decent chance tw could just be bad town here, rather than scummy. I didn’t feel his w read on me was faked - lolwrong but sincere.

I think he could possibly be a mislynch.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:04 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

im v reading nancy and im genuinely pissed that i am
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:07 am

In post 1367, Nibbui wrote:there is not many Mastina votes and I don't believe that you're afraid to hammer sheep
I have a bad feeling that tw could be a possible mislynch. I don’t think this is his scumgame. I don’t think scum!tw pushes me here, knowing I’m flipping green. Yes, it’s hurtful to me but I honestly believe he misread me.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:08 am

In post 1369, sheepsaysmeep wrote:im v reading nancy and
im genuinely pissed that i am
Why?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:10 am

In post 1367, Nibbui wrote:there is not many Mastina votes and I don't believe that you're afraid to hammer sheep
VOTE: Mastina
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:19 am

Post by Nibbui »

if TW flipped town we would probably go for Mastina

if TW flipped scum I would go for Mastina

if Mastina flips scum I'll probably go for either sheep or tw

if Mastina flips town I'll need to go for tw

I feel that it doesn't matter as much who we lynch today tbh

I just want to hope that Mastina flips red, we lynch Sheep and he flips red and I don't need to go for tw
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Nibbui »

by the way I feel stupid for some reason because I'm not as confident as I would like in this solve

but it's what I have right now

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”