Newbie 1910: Aerial Photography [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by the worst »

@GL I need you here my friend. you've got a scent of that Presence you have as town. let's crack this game! <3

@cjv, I'd be keen to have a chat when you're around as well.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

Posting in a few hours, just came back home tired from holiday stuff, read the poke pm.
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hi all, sorry about my absence! the 30th and the 31st were both way more hectic than I anticipated, I should have gone on V/LA but just didn't have a chance to post at all. Have several things to catch up on but I will post more shortly
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

alright, I did an initial read through. I like GrandWazoo and YellowSnow for town. Junko I agree with what GW said in , individual posts ping sometimes but the level of activity and overall behavior doesn't seem to be serving a scum agenda.

the worst, I want to townread but I get the sense he's mostly sitting back and asking questions - which is fine at this stage and may be a bit of IC playstyle as well? but overall feels a bit safe. and in particular stood out in this regard, like they're not bad questions on the whole but aren't hard at all to toss out as scum.

I don't really see a reason to move my moony vote.

This also stood out as scummy to me -
In post 48, computerfan0 wrote:as there is no real way to make an informed decision
feels like it could be scum faking being uninformed, and/or defaulting to an awkward vote justification. either way no bueno

buuuut it's also unlikely both are scum so I need to see more from both of those slots.

that's where I'm at right now. Gonna think a bit and maybe (probably) be back later with some questions after another read
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by the worst »

throw me some GrandWazoo townread reasoning GL?
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

@the worst - you seem more interested in confirming me as town (I was the only "townread" in your readslist) than in pushing moony as scum (whom you're still voting). Has your read on me changed? Is your moony vote a holdover from RVS or do you think he's the best lynch candidate? If not, then who is?
In post 103, GuiltyLion wrote:the worst, I want to townread but I get the sense he's
mostly sitting back and asking questions
- which is fine at this stage and may be a bit of IC playstyle as well? but overall feels a bit safe. and in particular stood out in this regard, like they're not bad questions on the whole but
aren't hard at all to toss out as scum
I confess this occurred to me as well. You might be innocently fulfilling your IC obligations here, but you could also be scum subtly directing noobtown. Shouldn't we keep both possibilities in mind?

Spoiler:
In my only other game here, I voted a player in RVS, then stuck with that vote as it became clear he was active lurker. The IC in that game jumped on me in defense of the lurker. The lurker was eventually lynched, flipped scum and his IC scumbuddy was lynched the following day.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by the worst »

You should definitely stay woke on the possibility I'm scum - there's a 2/9 chance I could be. you're in luck this time, but the scum!IC is a scary prospect.

I'm parsing a couple of things at the moment, GrandWazoo - I'll aim to get some more conclusive thoughts down before the end of the phase. this might be a strange question but do you think your play here has been strongly alignment indicative?
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

Actually there's a 25% chance you're scum. I know I'm town, hence there are only 8 players with unknown alignments. As for your question, I'll answer it after you answer the questions I posed to you r.e. moony.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 99, the worst wrote:
In post 79, moonythedwarf wrote:It wasnt really anything important, just a "bah i'm alive and have nothing to add" type post.
This whole exchange was pretty null or maybe slightly town indicative for his GrandWazoo post but the response to me asking for his thoughts about GW was kinda like.. :/ uh
In post 82, moonythedwarf wrote:I have no clue, it seems we all are playing the exact same card, and said card is self conflicting.
And at the same time, this "play style" we're currently in has a nice issue where being pushy == lynch.

I propose we try cleaning up the vote slate, and carrying on with actual insights and discussion. Maybe?
UNVOTE: we're not getting anywhere
do you think these comments about playstyles/gamestate are alignment indicative, YellowSnow?
This is like pretty much where I'm af. I don't really have a strong feeling on whether this comes from town or scum, it's just kinda...okay and faintly frustrating that he's not playing the game. were it vital to answer, gth I'd say that I kinda nullscum him for avoiding producing content.

I've seen newbies freeze up the same way as town due to uncertainty and culture shock as well; games play very very differently on some other sites.

I really can't get into Moony's head though which is why my attention's flying elsewhere. I'm a stronger townhunter, than scumhunter. :P
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

Actually since everyone "knows that they're town" 100% of players are of known.alignments.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Post by the worst »

Easiest way to win mafia: ask everyone for their alignments and tell them they're not allowed to lie. if they lie they break the rules!!

maybe this is too revolutionary a breaking strategy :P

(please don't take this seriously this is a meme not an IC post)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VC 1.04

votes
[3] moonythedwarf
:
GrandWazoo , GuiltyLion , the worst
[2] JunkoChan
:
Nineja , YellowSnow
[1] Nineja
:
ceejayvinoya
[1] GrandWazoo
:
computerfan0

[2] Not Voting
:
JunkoChan , moonythedwarf

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-01-07 04:02:59)

Mod Notes
: Prodding moonythedwarf and ceejayvinoya.
Hope you all had nice holidays!
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:56 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 66, moonythedwarf wrote:Ok so i guess my post didnt go through. Aww.
In post 73, moonythedwarf wrote:Voting for being a derp is rude.
Aaaanyways, why are you so insistent on voting me in the first place? Hmm?
VOTE: GrandWazoo
I'm inclined to vote moony, but would like to have a read list from his part

@moony, can you do that?

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:41 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

If I had to classify my playstyle it would be impatient and frustrated. This is generally a town trait though not necessarily AI. If I were scum I'd probably be sitting back and twirling my mustache while watching town spin its wheels.
In post 109, YellowSnow wrote:Actually since everyone "knows that they're town" 100% of players are of known.alignments.
I mean from each town players POV. I only know my own alignment. That leaves 8 unknowns. Scum obviously know who's town.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:22 am

Post by YellowSnow »

In post 113, GrandWazoo wrote:If I had to classify my playstyle it would be impatient and frustrated. This is generally a town trait though not necessarily AI. If I were scum I'd probably be sitting back and twirling my mustache while watching town spin its wheels.
In post 109, YellowSnow wrote:Actually since everyone "knows that they're town" 100% of players are of known.alignments.
I mean from each town players POV. I only know my own alignment. That leaves 8 unknowns. Scum obviously know who's town.

My point is that everyone will say that they are town. You saying you are town says nothing and moves the game nowhere. And your assertation is incorrect and if anything, preys on new players unability to think critically.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:54 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 114, YellowSnow wrote:
In post 113, GrandWazoo wrote:If I had to classify my playstyle it would be impatient and frustrated. This is generally a town trait though not necessarily AI. If I were scum I'd probably be sitting back and twirling my mustache while watching town spin its wheels.

My point is that everyone will say that they are town. You saying you are town says nothing and moves the game nowhere. And your assertation is incorrect and if anything, preys on new players unability to think critically.
Still missing my point but w/e. Why haven't you voted moony yet?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:00 am

Post by YellowSnow »

In post 115, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 114, YellowSnow wrote:

Still missing my point but w/e. Why haven't you voted moony yet?
Partially because you want me too and that makes me think he may be town.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:07 am

Post by YellowSnow »

And I know your point my point is your point is deceptive and manipulative.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:33 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

Sigh. OK yellow, every townie (assuming he's read his PM and isn't a total freaking idiot)
knows he is town
. So of the
unknown
player pool (8) he knows that 2 are scum and 6 are town.

I think you're being intentionally obtuse. I've made my case on moony, such as it is. You have indicated a willingness to vote him but haven't done so. Why not? Because I want you to?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:41 am

Post by YellowSnow »

That's completely the opposite of what I said. I said every player regardless of weather they are town or scum will say they are town therefore the known scum rate is 2/9 not 2/8 because no one is going to bank you are town except you.

I've changed my mind since I said I would vote him earlier. Expressing a willingness to vote someone does not lock me into that.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:19 am

Post by JunkoChan »

host, how much time till moony and ceeja get replaced?

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:27 am

Post by the worst »

basically it's 24hrs from a prod assuming they don't answer -- prod timers are a little bit more relaxed over the festive/new years period.

But I don't have that "Argh I feel like everyone here is town" feeling which is exciting. Where are you at with the people posting? :)
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:00 am

Post by JunkoChan »

well

Grandwazoo leaning scum I can't see Grandwazoo busing his teammate so I can't see him on the same team as moony sadly, his eagerness to finish someone who barely posted screams scum to me
nineja leaning town nothing particularly weird from him, good not invasive logic
YellowSnow townread
the worst null you've been asking a lot but I would like a more concrete vision of the game from an IC, I know it's still early but some words of wisdom from your continuos questioning would be nice
GuiltyLion null where you at man? hasn't posted as much to have a clear vision of what he is up to

I think those are all the actual posters, ceeja technically posted once I think, divided in 4 posts probably town tho

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:02 am

Post by northsidegal »

Prodding computerfan0.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Nineja
Nineja
Townie
Nineja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Nineja »

I managed to make the same mistake twice and lose my typing by hitting preview and then going back, I remember most of my points so hopefully this comes out without sounding too off. I think that moony might be town and 1 mafia is on the wagon pushing for an easy day 1 lynch GL is null to me rn so its 50/50 between Worst and GW. Worst has been passive to me this game, sitting back asking questions but not really doing much else, feels like he's just going with the flow, which is scummy to me. As for GW I ditto what JunkoChan said about him being too eager. Worst whatever did happen to your JunkoChan scum lead you had earlier into the day. Do you town/null read them now or do you just find moony scummier? I'd like to hear an answer to this because I feel as town if you had a read on someone you'd try to get more out of them but you just kinda asked Junko a few questions and then that was it, the passiveness feels scummier here than it does anywhere else imo and to my knowledge he hasn't explained why he had the read or why he dropped/forgot about the read afterwards. If you did just show me the post I want to read over it.

UNVOTE: JunkoChan
I don't think this is scum, they could have gone with the majority and hopped on the moony lynch, but they instead went against it and called out GW's eagerness, and I like that

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”