Newbie 1910: Aerial Photography [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:49 am

Post by the worst »

In post 124, Nineja wrote:I think that moony might be town and 1 mafia is on the wagon pushing for an easy day 1 lynch GL is null to me rn so its 50/50 between Worst and GW.
What's making you think Moony might be town?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:50 am

Post by the worst »

also curious why you chose to unvote there, rathwr than pressuring one of {GW, GL, me}? why do you omit GL from being scum just because he's a null read of yours? why not vote one of the three of us for pressure?
Nineja
Nineja
Townie
Nineja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Nineja »

In post 125, the worst wrote:
In post 124, Nineja wrote:I think that moony might be town and 1 mafia is on the wagon pushing for an easy day 1 lynch GL is null to me rn so its 50/50 between Worst and GW.
What's making you think Moony might be town?
because I feel this is a scum lynching an easy day 1 lynch so Moony is probably town, I'm not saying he can't be scum, but this lynch looks a little too sus for me it just feels like atleast 1 scum is on this lynch. To answer your 2nd post (mobile sucks so i cant quote) GL can still be scum thats true however I personally find you 2 scummier and think the scum is more likely between you 2. I think GL should talk more though, would like more from them. I unlynched without lynching because I wanted to see your answer to my question first (about the JunkoChan read) before I lynched between you or GW.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by the worst »

could you give me a quick summary of your reads? (a tiered readlist would be perfect, otherwise just talk me through your current takes)
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 122, JunkoChan wrote:Grandwazoo leaning scum I can't see Grandwazoo busing his teammate so I can't see him on the same team as moony sadly, his eagerness to finish someone who barely posted screams scum to me
By this logic we can only push players who actively play. Note to scum: keep quiet and Junko will totes townread you.
the worst null you've been asking a lot but I would like a more concrete vision of the game from an IC, I know it's still early but some words of wisdom from your continuos questioning would be nice
Questioning is kinda his thing, decisive action not so much.
In post 124, Nineja wrote:I think that moony might be town and 1 mafia is on the wagon pushing for an easy day 1 lynch.
Moony has been at L-2 forever. If it were easy, it would've happened already. To say a player might be town because there's a wagon on him is ... special.
As for GW I ditto what JunkoChan said about him being too eager.
I'm pushing a player I think is scum. That's how I play mafia. If I seem too eager it's only because most other players aren't doing anything to actively catch scum. If you think I'm wrong about moony, show me where and I might change my mind. "I think he might be town" is not going to do it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by the worst »

I pretty much know where I stand after I talk to Nineja, and preferably GuiltyLion.

sorry for passiveness & overquestioning. as an aside I'm trying something a little different to how I usually play; if I'm very underwhelming, let me know and I'll try to ramp it up a bit.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 129, GrandWazoo wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=10642449#p10642449]

By this logic we can only push players who actively play. Note to scum: keep quiet and Junko will totes townread you.
You see, this is the kind of poison scum would say.

1. the worst specifically asked me for "posting players" nad tbh I can't have an opinion for players who aren't even playing the game, I left a few questions for them but I guess they will be replaced before they can answer

2. Taking action is not the same thing you are doing, you are pushing a lynch and saying WE GOT NO TIME, when that's far from truth

Now I'm more inclined to lynch you

putting my votes where my mouth is from now on. VOTE: GrandWazoo
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

fucked up coding there.

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 131, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 129, GrandWazoo wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=10642449#p10642449]

You see, this is the kind of poison scum would say.

1. the worst specifically asked me for "posting players" nad tbh I can't have an opinion for players who aren't even playing the game, I left a few questions for them but I guess they will be replaced before they can answer

2. Taking action is not the same thing you are doing, you are pushing a lynch and saying WE GOT NO TIME, when that's far from truth

Now I'm more inclined to lynch you

putting my votes where my mouth is from now on. VOTE: GrandWazoo
Good for you Junko
Your logic is still crap but at least you're doing something
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by the worst »

GrandWazoo, sorry if this is a bit of a strange question. would you consider yourself more like, sassy/prickly than you normal are, this game? I'd be interested in heading why if so.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 133, GrandWazoo wrote:Your logic is still crap
no u

GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 134, the worst wrote:GrandWazoo, sorry if this is a bit of a strange question. would you consider yourself more like, sassy/prickly than you normal are, this game? I'd be interested in heading why if so.
Again with the questions...
Nope, this is pretty much how I roll. Of course if the game were more active I might not be so provocative.
Do you think this passive Socratic-method style of yours is productive? Is there a point of diminishing returns?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by the worst »

Diminishing returns?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 104, the worst wrote:throw me some GrandWazoo townread reasoning GL?
I thought the take on Junko that I referred to mirrored my own view of the game, and I also felt was just a townie post in general. He's pushing back against you as the IC and explicitly trying to avoid looking into "NAI details", I don't think that angle comes naturally from newbie scum as they're more likely in the mindset of looking for things to push on. stoking the fires of the mooney wagon is also a brave move as scum if that slot is town. overall he's doing his own thing and doesn't seem particularly concerned with how others are looking at him for it
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by the worst »

Alright I'll talk you through what's on my mind. You're tied for 2nd highest poster at the time of writing so I feel like I should be feeling more comfortable about my read of you.

I had a cursory read of your last game and noticed a couple of differences, which made me curious.

firstly, you have less of a uhh approachable/flexible tone here. in your other game I got the feeling you engaged pretty well with the rest of the list, though I agree your playstyle is naturally inquisitive/somewhat prickly. some of your posts like this
In post 72, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 66, moonythedwarf wrote:Ok so i guess my post didnt go through. Aww.
:facepalm:

Can we get some more votes on this tool?
here feel kind of faked-aggressive which pinged me to think about later.

Given your approach to YellowSnow in your last game, I'm slightly surprised to see you haven't made any comments on Junko's more recent posting which I think is pretty newbtown-indicative. Do you agree here? From your ISO it felt as though you were casting kinda slight suspicions there, without doubling down wrt voting, and I was surprised to see you didn't reevaluate your own read on her after she started posting more.

I agree he's wolfy but unfortunately pushes like yours against Moony make you harder to read. there's a cliche that "scum push low hanging fruit", but I wholeheartedly disagree that this is a reliable tell. town push scummy low hanging fruit just as often as scum push unaligned low hanging fruit. if like, Moony is suddenly confirmed as town or something, I'd be really curious to see where you go next.

having said that I don't think I'm actually convincing myself to scumread you. more like I'm seeing unexpected quirks in your play, and I'm curious to get inside your head a little bit more. it's intriguing to hear that you don't think this is all that different from your last game.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 114, YellowSnow wrote:And your assertation is incorrect and if anything, preys on new players unability to think critically.
I want more on this, how is he "preying on new players"?

p-edit: hey TW I'm here if ya wanna chat in real time :D
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 138, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 104, the worst wrote:throw me some GrandWazoo townread reasoning GL?
I thought the take on Junko that I referred to mirrored my own view of the game, and I also felt was just a townie post in general. He's pushing back against you as the IC and explicitly trying to avoid looking into "NAI details", I don't think that angle comes naturally from newbie scum as they're more likely in the mindset of looking for things to push on. stoking the fires of the mooney wagon is also a brave move as scum if that slot is town. overall he's doing his own thing and doesn't seem particularly concerned with how others are looking at him for it
I think 64 is a decent post but I was kinda hoping to see some teeth in his reaction to my read. It felt like he took being townread in his stride and the bulk of 64 was like, game theory/holistic meta related.

do you think it's unfair of me to come to a net nullread on post 64? which parts of it struck you as towny?

I'd be curious to see your thoughts on 139 but don't feel the need to like, go and metadive him or respond to it in detail. I'd just be interested to see your immediate reaction.

pedit: Hells yes fam!!!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by the worst »

Would you believe it only JUST struck me how brilliant it is that you use Hobbes as your avatar with the name GuiltyLion?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I dunno if I would categorize nullreading that post as unfair - I can see how it's a bit of a robotic game-theory-oriented response. but like I said he's arguing with you about how he wants to play the game, I don't think it serves any scum agenda to do that and feels like needless risk of opening yourself up to scrutiny, not responding to you at all would be more "taking being townread in stride" to me

I'll look over his ISO in that game you linked to see if I agree on differences in his approach to YellowSnow/Junko but I'm hesitant to really get into a meta based read because a) it's one game and b) he was Cop in that game

lions and tigers and bears, oh my :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by the worst »

sure that's reasonable; the faked aggression thing in this game is mainly what made me stop and think. the cop thing is a pretty fair pickup.

what do you think of YellowSnow so far?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 92, GrandWazoo wrote:OK here are my reasons for lynching moony:
In post 66, moonythedwarf wrote:Ok so i guess my post didnt go through. Aww.
This is annoying as fuck.
In post 73, moonythedwarf wrote:Voting for being a derp is rude.
Aaaanyways, why are you so insistent on voting me in the first place? Hmm?
VOTE: GrandWazoo
OMGUS
In post 79, moonythedwarf wrote:It wasnt really anything important, just a "bah i'm alive and have nothing to add" type post.
This is even worse than 66. Rather than come up with a valuable contribution, or even bothering to pull some weak rationalization out his ass, we get "Bah!"

Moony is either scum or totally useless town. Either way we are better off without him.
with respect to GW - this is one of those cases that makes me want to lynch the lyncher not the lynchee. :lol: having said that I do like the fact he volunteered it, and it is absolutely not coached a la the way you and cjv push mislynches as scum so I'm swinging back around to slightly townreading it as I'm thinking thru this aloud.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 48, computerfan0 wrote:I'll just vote for Nineja, as there is no real way to make an informed decision
VOTE: Nineja
In post 87, computerfan0 wrote:My vote didn't work for whatever reason.

Anyway: UNVOTE: Nineja
VOTE: TheGrandWazoo
Sorry there isn't much to talk about with this slot. I'm getting a slight town mindset vibe from computerfan's contributions, but I think it's my PoE kicking in :giggle:

how are you reading it?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I was townreading YellowSnow until his push on GrandWazoo for saying "I know I'm town", that's a serious reach. town or scum can say that, there's nothing inherently AI in it either way, and the extra "preying on newer players bit" is serious spin-zone

computerfan I called out yesterday but thinking about it now again I kinda like that he switched votes with no explanation? feel like scum would be afraid to do that and make some sort of attempt at justifying it
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by the worst »

I actually really liked YellowSnow's turn on GrandWazoo. I think it fits well into like the newbie paranoia zone of "yeah this person's town... HOLD ON WHAT IF"

it's the kind of read I'd actually be really surprised to see orchestrated honestly. I also agree that there's aspects to GW's play which give off energy which I can see why people would find manipulative (I know I keep talking about it, but I definitely think his push on Moony at the expense of pushing other slots has been a little vexing)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by the worst »

can I share a secret with you?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”