Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:19 am

Post by Erg0 »

Please expand on that, taking into account my earlier explanation of why a temp recruiter would not claim a temp cop innocent on those he culted.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:22 am

Post by armlx »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think killing recruits is important too then.
I don't think you understand the scenario. If either of the two had a killing role, it would have been used last night regardless of when they were recruited.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:24 am

Post by Erg0 »

I took BM's response to mean that the cult recruits could still use the cult's kill power, even though the recruiter was dead. I'm guessing Pooky thought the same thing. Is that a correct assessment? I'm pretty sure that BM wouldn't be giving us clues about which roles would retain their abilities when recruited.
V/LA most weekends.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:25 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Erg0 wrote:Please expand on that, taking into account my earlier explanation of why a temp recruiter would not claim a temp cop innocent on those he culted.
You defended him against me. I think it was quite obvious that I was telling truth, and Xtomx was not.

For all I know, you maybe the other temp recruiter. And you wanted me to die, knowing that Xtomx would be next. Two birds with one stone. One less competing-CL/recruit/Xtomx, and one less temp-cop/DGB.

Win-win for you, Erg0.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 am

Post by armlx »

Erg0 wrote:I took BM's response to mean that the cult recruits could still use the cult's kill power, even though the recruiter was dead. I'm guessing Pooky thought the same thing. Is that a correct assessment? I'm pretty sure that BM wouldn't be giving us clues about which roles would retain their abilities when recruited.
Thats what I took it as. Read the role PMs, the killing ability seems directly tied to the recruiter.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Erg0 »

I like how you totally backed down and changed your position while trying to look like you were maintaining the same argument. Perhaps if you hadn't disregarded my earlier question you wouldn't have to make it up as you go along.

If I were a recruiter, how could I actually know which of you was the cop in that scenario? You may call it obvious, but I hardly think you're the most objective person to make that assessment. I stated the reasons that I thought you were slightly more likely than Xtoxm to be cult, and I believe that those reasons were valid. You'll note that I was still asking you questions and assessing the situation after I voted. Your attempt to steamroll the discussion, along with your continued insistence that any point of view other than your own was ridiculous made you look very scummy in my eyes. You're still doing it, but the role-based evidence in favour of your claim is now strong enough to outweigh your behaviour.
V/LA most weekends.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:40 am

Post by armlx »

I do believe I already explained that last part. DGB just never listens.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Erg0 »

armlx wrote:
Erg0 wrote:I took BM's response to mean that the cult recruits could still use the cult's kill power, even though the recruiter was dead. I'm guessing Pooky thought the same thing. Is that a correct assessment? I'm pretty sure that BM wouldn't be giving us clues about which roles would retain their abilities when recruited.
Thats what I took it as. Read the role PMs, the killing ability seems directly tied to the recruiter.
Do you mean you took it as BM giving us clues on who retains abilities?

I did read the PMs, and noted two things:

1. It is implied that the kill is tied to the recruiter.

2. Recruits may not know if their abilities will be retained on recruitment.

It seemed more likely to me that BM was clarifying the first point, rather than undermining the second. I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, though.
V/LA most weekends.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:45 am

Post by armlx »

I was assuming he was talking about the second. Mod clarification would be nice though.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I thought i'd said this in the role pms in the OP, but apparently not. Cult recruits may kill, even if the Cult Recruiter is dead.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:07 am

Erg0 wrote:If I were a recruiter, how could I actually know which of you was the cop in that scenario?
You would not know. But you could make an educated guess. And I don't believe you actually thought Xtomx was more believable than I was. I don't believe it.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:08 am

armlx wrote:I do believe I already explained that last part. DGB just never listens.
What!!! I do listen. To the Voices.

Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Andycyca »

12+ pages on this weekend. You need to do something else. On the bright side, I see two recruiters down, which is good.

Unvote

The bad thing is that, unless we catch the other two right now, we've no more possibility of cross-recruiting. I don't know if there's anyone capable of protecting from recruitment (that is, besides the jailkeeper). This worries me, specially with the amounts of power roles semi-confirmed here.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 3:37 am

Post by farside22 »

Battle Mage wrote:
I thought i'd said this in the role pms in the OP, but apparently not. Cult recruits may kill, even if the Cult Recruiter is dead.
Okay taking this into persective I understand why people are looking at those they believe were recruited. However if the town finds the other 2 recruiters then the town wins. So should we look into who we believe is a recruiter first.
Mod: How many more lynchs do we have today?
If we have a few more I think looking at more then just those people believe were recruited. If there is only 2 I will understand (although I assure you I was not recruited) then lynch those you believe to be recruited. Is this fair by all?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:28 am

Andycyca wrote:This worries me, specially with the amounts of power roles semi-confirmed here.
Power roles seem to be non-recruitable, which mean we will be targeted for death, not recruitment.

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Muerrto »

Um...not to question the mod...but the PM's pretty clearly state it's the recruiters ability, not the cult.

So you're saying we now have 4 scum kills per night? Does anyone else see that as extremely excessive?

Anyway, I'd like to kill Pooky or Cave, prefer Pooky.

Ignoring Ergo and Pooky's 'he's not town' shouts. If I was aligned with Nmeme, why the hell did I vote him? Ergo never ended up placing a vote on Xtomx, neither did Farside. Your logic falls short.

Vote: Pooky
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Macavenger »

DrippingGoofball wrote:What!!! I do listen. To the Voices.
They're just jealous that the voices talk to you, DGB.

Recruits still being able to kill after their cult leader dies changes the equation somewhat. They're still a very big danger to the town, and we may want to hunt them today.

Pooky's theory about Muerrto being mneme's recruit makes some sense to me. See also mneme isolation 6 for possible distancing.

Erg0 does make a good point about Xtoxm not claiming innocents on his recruits - since he's ice, that would be kinda bad if one of them got killed anyway. More generally, links like that are wonderful WIFOM for scum to set up, and shouldn't be trusted unquestioningly. We shouldn't be lynching them just because Xtoxm fingered them. Them not voting for him is a possible tell, but not a strong one - If you've been correctly cleared by a claimed cop, you're probably likely to believe that cop.

Pooky in my opinion is a bad lynch for today at this point. We should be killing Cavebear, then probably DR. I might be willing to go for Muerrto as one of the lynches instead. The links between Xtoxm and Erg0/Farside are just way too WIFOM to be worth going for today, IMO.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:49 am

Cavebear, then.

vote: Cavebear
Go Go Go

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:49 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

you voted Mneme after it was clear he was going to swing, and also to distance. You started out adamantly defending, and then schuffled into the crowd when it was clear he was going down.

Btw, nice try making recruits sound less dangerous.

We've already had MOD CONFIRMATION that recruits can indeed kill without the recruiter.

So your craplogic falls short there too

vote Muerrto

die scum die
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Macavenger »

Pooky, the question is, if we assume for the sake of argument that Muerrto is mneme's recruit, is he mneme's only recruit? Because if mneme has 2 recruits, and we kill only one, that doesn't help us any - the other can still kill.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 7:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Wasn't Muerto able to confirm andycyca, or vice-versa? What happened there? I remember feeling like Muerto isn't scum...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 8:06 am

we dont know anything for sure

but we gotta start somewhere and we gotta start with the best bet.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Muerrto »

Mac, I'm dissappointed in the bounds your paranoia reaches to, that's all I've got to say about that...

Pooky's obv scum and is trying to build a horrible case on me.

Don't make me claim, I'll be fully confirmed but it will help the cults enormously.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Muerrto »

How exactly am I the best bet if I've already been confirmed by Andy and his results?

Suspecting me is one thing, saying I'm the best bet is ridiculous.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 8:20 am

His results say you didnt do anything night 0.

My case on you is that you got recruited by Mneme.

Note that the 2 statements dont have crap to do with each other.

You easily could've been recruited and not have done anything night 0.

This guy is so full of crap.

lynch plz

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”