Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5200 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5197, the worst wrote:I nommed you for best third party off this. I hope that's not an insult to your towngame (which is also sensational) but.. the feeling when I saw us get a "third party arsonist" result on your rolecop is not a feeling I've had before in mafia.
That's nice of you but I lost. I made a big mistake with Mitillos. Could have won this with game better play imo. Lessons for the future.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Shit, you should be nommed for best scum the worst. Very impressive play imo. I had moments of paranoia of course but I genuinely thought you were town this game until the Mitillos thing.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5202 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5188, Shoshin wrote:I made a few key mistakes that lost me this game. Never in my life did I anticipate that Mitillos would flip third party or that he'd have some weird suicidal winning role. Massive error on my part. Second error, not realizing the worst was scum after he kept saying Mitillos was third party. That was a slip imo the worst - I actually thought about you being scum as a result but just shrugged it off, thinking it wouldn't matter. Two big errors on my part.
You forgot, being shockingly incapable of realizing I was obvtown by my play wrt to NM/Xtoxm/Kokichi.

If you honestly think scum!me, would ever in a gazillion trillion years, ever try to stop their mislynches, you’re nuts.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5203 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Krazy »

PMs:
Mitillos wrote:Irrelephant is getting a visitor tonight. Probably Creature, maybe Keyser.
Mitillos wrote:Send Performer to worst, and hope for the best.
Accelerate like we're on the Autobahn.
Mitillos wrote:Ahhh, fuck it, I don't want to mess with the mafia's plans. I'll just send Nauci to Varsoon, instead.

Sorry for this, it's just that I can taste victory, and I'm getting antsy.
My emotions
vote conspiracy
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5204 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5202, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5188, Shoshin wrote:I made a few key mistakes that lost me this game. Never in my life did I anticipate that Mitillos would flip third party or that he'd have some weird suicidal winning role. Massive error on my part. Second error, not realizing the worst was scum after he kept saying Mitillos was third party. That was a slip imo the worst - I actually thought about you being scum as a result but just shrugged it off, thinking it wouldn't matter. Two big errors on my part.
You forgot, being shockingly incapable of realizing I was obvtown by my play wrt to NM/Xtoxm/Kokichi.

If you honestly think scum!me, would ever in a gazillion trillion years, ever try to stop their mislynches, you’re nuts.
You were super obvious town. It was kinda hilarious actually.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5198, Krazy wrote:
In post 5190, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Krazy, you’ve got some “splaing” to do.
Varsoon was informed that Soze was in the game and Soze was informed that Varsoon was in the game, and Miti was informed that both were in the game.
But Narud is Duran’s alias? So how?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Oh, just remembered. I actually was onto the worst in the early game.

From my PT (which I think is being released):
In post 1, Shoshin wrote:1. the worst feels more diplomatic than usual (e.g. defending Varsoon), giving out more early townreads than usual, and emulating his town meta in ways that he's prone to do as scum (e.g. Nancy's catch). I think it's potential material to lead a lynch on him later, regardless of his alignment.
I guess I should have remembered this earlier.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5207 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 5205, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But Narud is Duran’s alias? So how?
There was Duran, Infested Duran, and Emil Narud, which is the same progression over Brood War to Starcraft 2
vote conspiracy
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5208 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Oh, another thing. I didn't use Krazy's fake claim. At the end there, I just googled "Starcraft Nuke Ability," quickly found the Ghost, and claimed it. It was actually a really good fake claim for me. Why didn't you give me this, Krazy?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 5204, Shoshin wrote:You were super obvious town. It was kinda hilarious actually.
QFFFFTTTTTT
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 5208, Shoshin wrote:Oh, another thing. I didn't use Krazy's fake claim. At the end there, I just googled "Starcraft Nuke Ability," quickly found the Ghost, and claimed it. It was actually a really good fake claim for me. Why didn't you give me this, Krazy?
Never said my fakeclaims were supposed to be the best, just claims that shouldn't be flavor CCs that should be approximately plausible in the game :P I encourage scum to come up with their own fakeclaims :)
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5204, Shoshin wrote:
In post 5202, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

You were super obvious town. It was kinda hilarious actually.
And you should never locktown a player that dead town has their #1 scum. so props to NM but you totally should have claimed.

Performer and Key were obvscum after their back to back L-1 and hammer on Kokichi.

If A50 had sr tw but not Nauci, I might have listened but how could I possibly take anyone’s reads seriously, who had the most bleedingly obvious town in their POE. :facepalm:

What I’ve found is scum almost always show their true alignment on D1 and then they town it up, later in the game.

If a player is as blatantly scummy as the worst was on D1 - skipping my posts, putting me in his POE as a scumlean, after he acknowledged that I was engaging him in THIS game, etc.

Also, almost always for me, a scumtell is when another player places way more emphasis on my past scum games, the. on my current play, as tw seemed to be fixated on.

Fixating on a player’s past scumgames, while ignoring their current play, almost always=scum, in my experience.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Shoshin I had early (albeit very very small) suspicions of you i didn’t voice because I thought there was a 0% chance you’d make it to lylo without me given my role

I’m back to having no clue how to read the worst tho

Gg all! There was a lot of discussion in the dead thread about whether or not this was scumsided. I still feel it was (remove the witch and I’d play that 14p setup and be inclined to call it balanced) but regardless there were some very solid scum plays here I won’t take away from (even as I felt Performer and Keyser were basically obvscum the entire game, sorry but its true)

I also learned a lot about playing with multiple anti-town factions. I townread the worst and keyser for seeing some of the same things in mitillos as me, and townread Shoshin and the worst partially because of their mutual townreads of each other. Etc Guess I wasn’t expecting to go from 10v3 minis to a 10v1v1+3 :P

Fun game with fun moments though! Even if I had to watch most of it play out from the sidelines. :]
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5208, Shoshin wrote:Oh, another thing. I didn't use Krazy's fake claim. At the end there, I just googled "Starcraft Nuke Ability," quickly found the Ghost, and claimed it. It was actually a really good fake claim for me. Why didn't you give me this, Krazy?
Why would yoi have a fake claim? Why does Krazy give town a fake claim? but I can understand why you nevet wanted to claim it. You role sounded like a scum role. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5214 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Shoshin was 3p? If that wasn’t clear
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5215 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by the worst »

yeah I agree tbh

the early townblock was reminiscent of echo bay grits seo. if taly were here he'd had have slapped me
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5216 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Krazy »

Just want to thank everyone for playing in this game! Sorry to Varsoon and the other towns who were in a functionally lost game for a while, and thank you to the scum for not dragging it out too long.
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5217 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5210, Krazy wrote:
Never said my fakeclaims were supposed to be the best, just claims that shouldn't be flavor CCs that should be approximately plausible in the game :P I encourage scum to come up with their own fakeclaims :)
Please include them in the flips, for the future. It’s beneficial for town to know that. I realized that Random had to be Jareth, due to his fake claim, matching scum!Chick’s.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5218 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5214, Irrelephant11 wrote:Shoshin was 3p? If that wasn’t clear
So Shoshin, pro-town 3P and Mitilos, pro-scum 3P.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5219 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm not sure if it's scum sided. I think more than scum sided it's just very volatile (i.e. could go either direction very quickly). Different set of night events could have led to multiple scum deaths very early on. I think luck played a large role in this game, which makes me want to play less role based games in the future. Going to be looking for more vanilla games for the next few I play.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5220 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I wasn't playing pro-town. I spent the early parts of the game trying to douse townies.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5221 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5218, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5214, Irrelephant11 wrote:Shoshin was 3p? If that wasn’t clear
So Shoshin, pro-town 3P and Mitilos, pro-scum 3P.
Actually NM, so poor Varsoon was basically fucked after my death.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5222 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5212, Irrelephant11 wrote:Shoshin I had early (albeit very very small) suspicions of you i didn’t voice because I thought there was a 0% chance you’d make it to lylo without me given my role
My favorite part of this game was when you said to lynch yourself over me.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5223 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by the worst »

it's weirdly close to 33/33/33 I think? without checking it?
don't forget town lost some very useful power roles for stupid reasons

would be interested to hear mastina's take. I kinda wonder if it's closer to 40/30/30

fwiw the three core alignments (town/zerg/shoshin) had mutually exclusive wincons
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5224 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I was genuinely sad to see you die, Irrelephant. I actually doused you on N1, thinking you would live to LYLO and I'd be able to NUKE you. LOL.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”