Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 2.02 multipart numbers
We might want to use cons to represent rational numbers, like 3/4. That way instead of having to keep track of a separate numerator = 3 and denominator = 4 we could keep track of just one number, (3 . 4). But we should simplify improper fractions. If we a number like -19/95 then we want to store it as 1/5.

For this I'm going to write a helper function called xor. Xor means exclusive or. xor(x y) is true if only one of x or y is true. if both are true, xor(x y) is false. if both are false, xor(x y) is false.

(define
(xor preda predb) (cond
(
(and
(eq? #t preda) (eq? #t predb)
)
#f) (
(or
(eq? #t preda) (eq? #t predb)
)
#t) (else #f)
)
)
(define
(make-rational numerator denominator) (let
(
(g
(gcd
(abs numerator) (abs denominator)
)
)
) (cond
(
(xor
(< numerator 0) (< denominator 0)
) (cons
(/
(-
(abs numerator)
) g
) (/
(abs denominator)
g)
)
) (else
(cons
(/
(abs numerator)
g) (/
(abs denominator)
g)
)
)
)
)
)

Spoiler: it works!
scheme@(guile-user)> (make-rational 15 75)
$9 = (1 . 5)
scheme@(guile-user)> (make-rational 15 -75)
$10 = (-1 . 5)
scheme@(guile-user)> (make-rational -15 -75)
$11 = (1 . 5)
scheme@(guile-user)> (make-rational -15 75)
$12 = (-1 . 5)

LynchingWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

Child
(2): EGL, Clemency

Not Voting
(5): u r a person 2, Amzela, Child, teacher, Emperor flippyNips

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-01-10 08:00:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun![/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:04 am

Post by teacher »

In post 407, Emperor flippyNips wrote:give me a sec more like 20 min
Another slot that has disappeared, even though I appreciated the reads.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:16 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

this is where i would have hammered

VOTE: child

teeeeeaaacccchhhher
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:16 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

L-1 of course
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:21 am

Post by teacher »

In post 421, EGL wrote:@Clem do you have an investigative role which furnished proof that child is the last scum?
Now that its been over a day for Child/Amzela, I will make my position slightly more explicit. My role does not preclude another investigative or semi-investigative. But I have seen only one other possible soft today, and I am not even certain about that. The absence of another result is part of what is making me nervous about the short day: We could lose a PR without the benefits of their results. Further, after the flip at the end of D1, Child would have been the obvious target for most PRs, so I am somewhat surprised at the lack of conclusive proof.

To keep my own role as vague as possible, I will briefly discuss suggestions for all possible inv/semi-inv roles in the spoiler.
I do NOT think people should follow this advice, though, until others (clem/EGL/URAP2/etc) have had a chance to read it and state whether they agree from a mechanical/theory point of view.

Spoiler: PR thoughts
Meaning/suggestions:
  • Cop: This one handles itself. You either have an inno, a guilty, or a no result (column A-block target). Crumbing any of the above would be appropriate, as it outs your result if you flip and, even if you dont have one, it attracts the roleblock so that (A3) you can become known!town protected by the unblocked doctor or (A1) the neap is free to get a clear.
  • Neap: Same/Same: You either have an inno, a 50/50, or a no-result (column A-block target). Crumbing any of the above would be appropriate, for nearly the same reasons. The 50/50 makes sense to crumb because if you die tonight, the 50/50 becomes either known!town or auto.
  • Jailkeeper: At this point, you are functionally a cop - jailing someone should prevent them from performing the NK, unless we are in column A and scum manages to target the roleblock perfectly. That is pretty darn unlikely last night, with only two PR crumbs (at least that I picked up upon), so your target is likely innocent. That should be crumbed, and your target should not be hit again tonight.
  • Tracker: You either have a green check (no movement), a red check (movement), or no result (jailkept). A green check is an inno that should be crumbed. A red-check is a 50/50 that makes sense to crumb for the same reason as the neap - if you die tonight, the 50/50 becomes either known!town or auto. A no result likely should
    NOT
    be crumbed because it does not provide additional information/attract a roleblocker (that cannot exist with your role).

Finally, I have to say EGL, while I used the quoted question to start my own PR discussion, it did feel a little like sniffing around for the other PR after my own soft. Indeed, my Wagon analysis moved you down my readslist for the first time, because of everybody on the wagon, it did feel like you were pushing the most to derail it if possible/redirect it to Amzela (the repeat 100% questions and all that). Its not enough to get you out of my townblock for other reasons, but my board now looks like:

Clem
Teacher
URAP2
EGL
Amzela
Flippy
Child
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:38 am

Post by teacher »

In post 411, teacher wrote:I think there is a lot more info to be gleaned out of the NK as well as the flip. But I want to call upon @Child ..... I can share my thoughts after that.
@URAP2, I'd rather have my NKA out in case I die tonight, and Id rather wait to publish mine at least until Child gets prodded. So I am going to gum up the works a bit today. Sorry (not sorry).
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 426, teacher wrote:
In post 407, Emperor flippyNips wrote:give me a sec more like 20 min
Another slot that has disappeared, even though I appreciated the reads.
Well I didn’t put it up cos I didn’t change my mind about that so I left my read. But I do think I was wrong on my Clem read I did just go back and reread and I just had off vibes but nothing he’s said is too shifty. I just recalled something and said it before I actually reread it.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 429, teacher wrote:
In post 421, EGL wrote:@Clem do you have an investigative role which furnished proof that child is the last scum?
Now that its been over a day for Child/Amzela, I will make my position slightly more explicit. My role does not preclude another investigative or semi-investigative. But I have seen only one other possible soft today, and I am not even certain about that. The absence of another result is part of what is making me nervous about the short day: We could lose a PR without the benefits of their results. Further, after the flip at the end of D1, Child would have been the obvious target for most PRs, so I am somewhat surprised at the lack of conclusive proof.

To keep my own role as vague as possible, I will briefly discuss suggestions for all possible inv/semi-inv roles in the spoiler.
I do NOT think people should follow this advice, though, until others (clem/EGL/URAP2/etc) have had a chance to read it and state whether they agree from a mechanical/theory point of view.

Meaning/suggestions:
  • Cop: This one handles itself. You either have an inno, a guilty, or a no result (column A-block target). Crumbing any of the above would be appropriate, as it outs your result if you flip and, even if you dont have one, it attracts the roleblock so that (A3) you can become known!town protected by the unblocked doctor or (A1) the neap is free to get a clear.
  • Neap: Same/Same: You either have an inno, a 50/50, or a no-result (column A-block target). Crumbing any of the above would be appropriate, for nearly the same reasons. The 50/50 makes sense to crumb because if you die tonight, the 50/50 becomes either known!town or auto.
  • Jailkeeper: At this point, you are functionally a cop - jailing someone should prevent them from performing the NK, unless we are in column A and scum manages to target the roleblock perfectly. That is pretty darn unlikely last night, with only two PR crumbs (at least that I picked up upon), so your target is likely innocent. That should be crumbed, and your target should not be hit again tonight.
  • Tracker: You either have a green check (no movement), a red check (movement), or no result (jailkept). A green check is an inno that should be crumbed. A red-check is a 50/50 that makes sense to crumb for the same reason as the neap - if you die tonight, the 50/50 becomes either known!town or auto. A no result likely should
    NOT
    be crumbed because it does not provide additional information/attract a roleblocker (that cannot exist with your role).

Finally, I have to say EGL, while I used the quoted question to start my own PR discussion, it did feel a little like sniffing around for the other PR after my own soft. Indeed, my Wagon analysis moved you down my readslist for the first time, because of everybody on the wagon, it did feel like you were pushing the most to derail it if possible/redirect it to Amzela (the repeat 100% questions and all that). Its not enough to get you out of my townblock for other reasons, but my board now looks like:

Clem
Teacher
URAP2
EGL
Amzela
Flippy
Child
aye, that makes sense
also i'm honored to be ranked higher than yourself
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

teacher your pr analysis looks fine to me
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:34 am

Post by EGL »

Trackers have changed since my time here, I guess. I was town tracker once (although not in newbie forum and I was lynched day 2). Back then it wasn't just checks. The person I followed didn't go anywhere and that's how my result pm was written out. But that was a long time ago.

@teacher I worded my question in a very specific way so that Clem would not give himself away as a PR if he did not have a result on Child.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 am

Post by EGL »

UNVOTE:
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:46 am

Post by EGL »

In post 432, Clemency wrote:
In post 429, teacher wrote:

Meaning/suggestions:
    NOT

Clem
Teacher
URAP2
EGL
Amzela
Flippy
Child
aye, that makes sense
also i'm honored to be ranked higher than yourself
How do you rank someone else higher than yourself?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Teacher is a pretty with some sort of green check on clem
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Pretty=pr
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:01 am

Post by EGL »

I don't know. I still think teacher is town, because he easily could have hammered child if he was scum, but considering he has seen his own role PM it's odd he'd rank someone else higher than himself on his town list.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:02 am

Post by EGL »

And I was hoping to get him to answer that.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:05 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I'm not spilling the beans. He claimed it
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:06 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Teacher is conf town unless scum wants to be silly and claim at some point
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:06 am

Post by EGL »

That still doesn't account for ranking someone else higher than yourself.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:07 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

TBH I don't know if I'd ever believe a claim conflicting with teacher
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:08 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I think it's just a method of formatting. I'm sure I've seen it before
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:12 am

Post by teacher »

In post 443, EGL wrote:That still doesn't account for ranking someone else higher than yourself.
It’s one way of crumbing a PR result for the flip, though admittedly a very heavy handed one since it sticks out as you noticed. I’ve modeled various ways to crumb today in 429 but also 411 - “I started the day,” “night events,” etc.

Ps - tracker results have not changed. People just speak about them genetically as red checks or green checks.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

Yeah I don’t think it’s anything to read into. Teacher is way too townie. If it comes down to the finals we can reconsider that but I don’t think it’s necessary
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 am

Post by EGL »

Okay. I guess that is the part that has changed.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:28 am

Post by teacher »

FWIW, with multiple scum left, a “no movement” result would be a null-check at least as I’ve seen it.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”