micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:54 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

Vote count 2.1

mastina (2):
sheepsaysmeep, podoboq
podoboq (1):
mastina

not voting (4):
Mephistophanes 39, skitter30, Pink Ball, Slaxx

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. day 1 starts now and ends january 17 (2019) at 21:10 central US time; in (expired on 2019-01-17 21:10:00)

mod notes
  • e
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:58 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

can someone give me a tldr of the mechanical talk that just happened
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:58 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

who claimed what etc
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:58 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

how do ignore features work on this site
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1828, sheepsaysmeep wrote:how do ignore features work on this site
You can’t ignore people in games with you I don’t think

Basic rundown (someone correct me if I’m wrong):
Mastina claims 3x Awakener, which gives a power to their target
Skitter says she got something but it was explicitly stated mafia gave it to her
Skitter, thinking Mastina just screwed up, votes Mastina
Mastina claims she didn’t give that role to him
It later emerges that Meph was Mastina’s target, and Mastina could target someone each phase (D1 was Meph, N1 was Nibbui, D2 up in the air)
From what I understand skitter has a tough time believing Mastinas role exists in conjunction with her role because her role is very powerful and possibly swingy
However Meph has implied Mastina gifted her something rather weak, and Mastina claimed she doesn’t know what she gifts people, just who she targets

So... I think that’s the brunt of it
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Slaxx »

I think at this point mafia already know what skitter has, so he plans on claiming to some extent
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1806, podoboq wrote:Also, why would you ever choose Nibbui, the almost definite NK? Why is nobody else asking that question? This claim makes no sense, and pretending that skitter's claim "proves" the truth of mastina's is trash.
^^^^^
i actually did ask this, but didn't get an adequate answer really

==
In post 1812, Pink Ball wrote:So basically I have you as my biggest townread in honor of the duck,
why are you trusting his read on me?
In post 1812, Pink Ball wrote:You were the most hard read I had to do on D1 and I always came back with some paranoia about "what if skitter is playing god!sum right now", and I still think that, so I have to talk to you to convince myself that the duck was right about you.
people largely overestimate my scumgame for some reason, idk; i'm decent, maybe even good, but i'm not godtier by any means

==
In post 1813, Pink Ball wrote:By the way @LolWagons your rap game is strong af
i thought this too btw!

==
In post 1829, Slaxx wrote:Skitter, thinking Mastina just screwed up, votes Mastina
i didn't actually vote mastina, but yeah, that's the brunt of it
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

meh i'll claim now; i kinda got what i wanted out of it and i think i'm fairly close to unlynchable today

so my role changed last night. i was a vt, and i am now:

-> n1 and n2 tracker (and was informed that there are no killing ninjas)
-> permanently bp
-> day3 i will be confirmed as town

(ngl i didn't exactly believe this when i got it; my first thought was that it was a prank)

also i reread my role pm and i was not explicitly told that i was given the mystery box of silver, but my rolename has 'silver' in it now so i made that connection

i have a tracker guilty on mastina for last night. i know that she claimed visiting nibbui as part of her role but i'm a little skeptical that's why she visited him.

basically, short of a strongman kill on a later night (i don't think they had one last night because then i'd be dead) or getting lynched today (ie before i become an ic) i'm not going anywhere this game and i'll be conftown in 3p if the game gets that far.

i don't really think scum are giving out more roles on this caliber on later nights, for obvious reasons. when i got the role, my understanding of the conceit/gimmick of the game was that scum had to give this role to someone day1 and kinda had to play around that player for the rest of the game; if they could figure out how to neutralize or pocket that player they'd win, and they'd have some time to choose who that player would be in a pick-your-poison kind of sense after allowing the gamestate to develop, and it's a nice and elegant setup; that's why i think the possibility of me getting other roles is kinda weird? like what can i get more than all of the above already?

my thoughts of how scum would try to play around the role is either:
1. try to get me lynched today (didn't want to fullclaim until i was sure that wasn't going to happen in this gamestate; didn't want a claim of what sounds like an op role as a response to pressure to be used to push me)

2. pocket me, thinking one or the other could fool me in lylo (why i'm paranoid of people townreading me rn)

scum giving me this either means:
1. they don't know me very well, which is possible in this pl because i've never played with a bunch of you before; i'm pretty good at town and idk, people who have played with town!me i don't think purposefully pick to make me a bp ic who will be around in lylo; i don't think they'd choose to give me this sort of power.

2. they know that a role like this means that i'll like overthink everything and how people are interacting with me and they're reads on me and become paranoid and stuck in wifom; the only person in this pl (besdies for the departed tw) who i think would purposefully try to capitalize on my tendency to wifom myself is mastina

3. they just yolo'd it and didn't think about the implications that much

i think that's everything but i may have forgotten to say something
and again they already know exactly what they gave me so i'm not telling them anything new here beyond for the fact that i have a tracker guilty on mastina
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Slaxx »

I also thought that claiming to visit the night kill was a bit coincidental, especially when he shifted doc off him.

Vote Mastina

I’m ready for this.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Slaxx »

And thanks skitter! I love writing.

So, I thought you had gotten an inno on me because of the “really really town” comment that came with your softclaim. I was operating the entire day under the premise you had cleared me lol.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

ngl i'm a little interested to see how she's going to try to spin this, mostly for my own curiosity; i don't think i'll be happy with any other lynch today

idk who the partner may be and i feel like sharing my reads here is largely prob not such a great idea

also kinda want to see everyone's reactions; there's a few ways i think scum may respond and i think waiting a bit to get those reactions might help try to sort the rest of the pl

@slaxx would you mind unvoting again? i just don't a self-vote to cut things short if she's at l1 and scum here
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1834, Slaxx wrote:So, I thought you had gotten an inno on me because of the “really really town” comment that came with your softclaim. I was operating the entire day under the premise you had cleared me lol.
uh no actually
i thought your promise to write the rhyming rap case thing on tw was really townie; it didn't feel like a promise scum makes to someone they thought would flip town

also you clearly had no clue what i was talking about last night

(i prob should stop talking about my reads because i think the people i townread will mysteriously start dying; or at least that's how i'd play it )
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Slaxx »

UNVOTE:

Bloop
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

tyty
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Slaxx »

I think that promise came after the PR claim.

I mean there was just no way that flipped TPR which is why I made the bet. I truly didn’t expect to do it but kinda glad I was able to. I hope Nibbui is smiling down on this thread with pride.

So if you’re permanent BP, and can track, that means scum basically is screwed if one of them get lynched, unless they have a role block. But that doesn’t make much sense since they know who to roleblock since they have them the gift.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:01 am

Post by podoboq »

skitter, I believe your claim entirely. It's unbelievable, but I believe it.

Let's talk about how you could have tracked mastina to Nibbui. She would have had to make the kill last night, which traditionally would mean she couldn't use other actions (though we don't know, maybe scum is able to use multiple actions in the same night here). If mastina is less likely than their partner to be tracked or roleblocked, that helps us potentially find her partner.

p-edit:
In post 1836, skitter30 wrote:(i prob should stop talking about my reads because i think the people i townread will mysteriously start dying; or at least that's how i'd play it )
This is probably a good call.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:02 am

Post by Slaxx »

Building off what Podo said, they KNEW they were giving that Track to you, so they must have thought within the context of YOUR investigation and reads that Mastina was the less likely to be caught.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:04 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1841, Slaxx wrote:Building off what Podo said, they KNEW they were giving that Track to you, so they must have thought within the context of YOUR investigation and reads that Mastina was the less likely to be caught.
Oof, that's a really good catch that I didn't make. You're right. If scum GAVE the power to skitter, KNOWING skitter was going to have the ability to track, then they thought skitter was less likely to track mastina than the other scum.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

oh i didn't consider roleblocks either. yeah idk. they def didn't rb me last night

that's why i think the conceit is: pick the person you want to try to outplay because assuming i don't let myself get lynched today like i'm the person they need to spend the rest of the game trying to manipulate

also they must have not thought i'd track the person doing the kill last night (or they didn't care if they get lynched today)

also my last track is tonight, but i'm an ic tomorrow
so yeah i can get a clear or guilty tonight if we lynch scum today
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:05 am

Post by podoboq »

Hey skitter, can you walk us through the timeline of receiving this power? Did you receive your upgrade at the beginning of night one, similar to how Meph describes it? (asking so that I can clarify whether it was a day action or night action)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1840, podoboq wrote:skitter, I believe your claim entirely. It's unbelievable, but I believe it.
yeah i wanted to make sure it would be believed if i claimed today and that it wouldn't be used to push me today; otherwise i prob would have waited to fullclaim tom after i became an ic (i maybe would have claimed the tracker guilty depending on how the gamestate played out; idk)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1840, podoboq wrote:though we don't know, maybe scum is able to use multiple actions in the same night here).
multitasking is a modifier now that enables scum to do that, so sure, it could be a thing, idk
she only went one place last night tho
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:08 am

Post by podoboq »

It seems exceptionally strange that mastina would claim the ability she is claiming, as scum, knowing the power that she was going to give to skitter. I think it's more likely that scum was unaware of how powerful the upgrade was going to be, or at least unaware of the specific abilities that came with it.

To claim what she did, knowing everything that skitter would know, would be a huge mistake. So mastina is either telling the truth, made a huge mistake, or didn't know everything that scum was giving skitter.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1841, Slaxx wrote:Building off what Podo said, they KNEW they were giving that Track to you, so they must have thought within the context of YOUR investigation and reads that Mastina was the less likely to be caught.
yeah exactly
or they wanted her to go down today and/or be bussed but i think that's less likely
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:10 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1841, Slaxx wrote:Building off what Podo said, they KNEW they were giving that Track to you
In post 1847, podoboq wrote:I think it's more likely that scum was unaware of how powerful the upgrade was going to be, or at least unaware of the specific abilities that came with it.
For right now, I don't think we can assume that scum was aware they were turning skitter into a tracker.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”