micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1844, podoboq wrote:Hey skitter, can you walk us through the timeline of receiving this power? Did you receive your upgrade at the beginning of night one, similar to how Meph describes it? (asking so that I can clarify whether it was a day action or night action)
right at the start of n1; i think it's a day ability
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:12 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1850, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1844, podoboq wrote:Hey skitter, can you walk us through the timeline of receiving this power? Did you receive your upgrade at the beginning of night one, similar to how Meph describes it? (asking so that I can clarify whether it was a day action or night action)
That jives with Meph (weirdly, since her claim contradicts yours in certain ways), and also is how I would expect it to work since it provides you with a night action that you were able to use during night one.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:12 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1849, podoboq wrote:
In post 1841, Slaxx wrote:Building off what Podo said, they KNEW they were giving that Track to you
In post 1847, podoboq wrote:I think it's more likely that scum was unaware of how powerful the upgrade was going to be, or at least unaware of the specific abilities that came with it.
For right now, I don't think we can assume that scum was aware they were turning skitter into a tracker.
no, they knew exactly what they were giving me; i thought of that possiblity, that they didn't know what they were giving out; shadd clarified that they knew what they were giving me
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1851, podoboq wrote:
That jives with Meph (weirdly, since her claim contradicts yours in certain ways), and also is how I would expect it to work since it provides you with a night action that you were able to use during night one.
yeah that's why i'm a little weirded out wrt meph because that bit kinda jives with what happened to me
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:15 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1817, podoboq wrote:
In post 1812, Pink Ball wrote:I skimmed through this last pages and there are some inconsistencies: so scum gave a new ability to skitter, and if Meph is telling the true, they got something too. skitter said that it seemed to be a one time thingy, so how could scum!mastina give something to Meph if scum already gave something to skitter? I'm a little bit confused here.
This is where I'm stuck too. Our options seem to be the following:
  • skitter is lying, and mastina and Meph are both telling the truth.
    Feels like the least likely

• mastina and Meph are both lying, and skitter is telling the truth.
    Feels like too bad of play if mastina and Meph are both scum

• skitter and Meph are both being honest, but mastina is lying about who received their power, and the actual source for Meph's power is not talking or unknown.
    I think this is where my mind is now.

• All three of them are telling the complete truth.
    This requires setup spec, and not knowing what the roles are, I don't believe this is reasonable.
I didn't think about alternative three. That would mean that Mastina was lucky OR scum KNOWS there's a PR who can give powers too. I like this reasoning since I was trying to make sense on how skitter was telling the truth and mastina was lying. That suits my reads.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1853, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1851, podoboq wrote:
yeah that's why i'm a little weirded out wrt meph because that bit kinda jives with what happened to me
It feels like a real possibility that something or someone else gave Meph her new power or whatever, and that mastina is lying when claiming it was her. If it's another player, they might just not be speaking up right now.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:17 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1812, Pink Ball wrote:I skimmed through this last pages and there are some inconsistencies: so scum gave a new ability to skitter, and if Meph is telling the true, they got something too. skitter said that it seemed to be a one time thingy, so how could scum!mastina give something to Meph if scum already gave something to skitter? I'm a little bit confused here.

• skitter and Meph are both being honest, but mastina is lying about who received their power, and the actual source for Meph's power is not talking or unknown.

This requires setup spec, and not knowing what the roles are, I don't believe this is reasonable.[/strike]
Option four is no longer a possibility, since skitter's claim explicitly contradicts mastina's.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1847, podoboq wrote:To claim what she did, knowing everything that skitter would know, would be a huge mistake. So mastina is either telling the truth, made a huge mistake, or didn't know everything that scum was giving skitter.
my gut is that they didn't realize i'd be told where i got it from, and the original [redacted] player was going to be me

but meph did apparently recieve a role change so unless it's just {mastina/meph} or someone else is claiming that idk where' meph's role change came from

oh also i think me saying yesterday i wasn't reading meph's posts kinda makes sense if meph is scum with someone who wants to wifom me; like if partner a thinks they can get me to townread them and i'm not reading partner b's posts because they majorly tilt me, that sounds like a pretty nice setup for them
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:18 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1856, podoboq wrote:

This requires setup spec, and not knowing what the roles are, I don't believe this is reasonable.[/strike]
Option four is no longer a possibility, since skitter's claim explicitly contradicts mastina's.
Never mind, these don't contradict, I forgot that the tracker result actually verifies what mastina claimed. Option four is still a possibility, albeit a remote one.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:20 am

Post by podoboq »

I'm enjoying the setup spec right now, but I don't want to try to sort mastina's partner until day three. I want skitter to participate, because she's the lynchpin of that discussion, but scum can't make a night kill based on that discussion. It injects too much wifom.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1856, podoboq wrote:Option four is no longer a possibility, since skitter's claim explicitly contradicts mastina's.
actually i'm not sure it explicilty contradicts hers; it just doesn't jive very well

i don't think she claimed anything that i know to be provably false or anything (like she did visit nibbui last night); i have no ay of knowing what she did during hte last dayphase

but yeah it just doesn't make much sense in conjunction with mine
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1859, podoboq wrote:I'm enjoying the setup spec right now, but I don't want to try to sort mastina's partner until day three. I want skitter to participate, because she's the lynchpin of that discussion, but scum can't make a night kill based on that discussion. It injects too much wifom.
i want to continue this discussion and don't want the day to end just yet
i don't think i'll be sharing my reads explicitly rn (or at least, i'll try not to; i'm sometimes bad with this and i might tip what i'm thinking)
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:23 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1860, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1856, podoboq wrote:Option four is no longer a possibility, since skitter's claim explicitly contradicts mastina's.
actually i'm not sure it explicilty contradicts hers; it just doesn't jive very well

i don't think she claimed anything that i know to be provably false or anything (like she did visit nibbui last night); i have no ay of knowing what she did during hte last dayphase

but yeah it just doesn't make much sense in conjunction with mine
For some reason, I had your “tracker guilty” as contradicting information she claimed. You’re right. It’s still possible for both things to be true.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1861, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1859, podoboq wrote:I'm enjoying the setup spec right now, but I don't want to try to sort mastina's partner until day three. I want skitter to participate, because she's the lynchpin of that discussion, but scum can't make a night kill based on that discussion. It injects too much wifom.
i want to continue this discussion and don't want the day to end just yet
i don't think i'll be sharing my reads explicitly rn (or at least, i'll try not to; i'm sometimes bad with this and i might tip what i'm thinking)
Yeah, I’m not ready for today to end either. I just don’t want to try to sort the second scum, because I think that gives more to scum than town right now
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:36 am

Post by Slaxx »

How do we feel about Meph claiming clearly what she received? She has already alluded to it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:36 am

Post by podoboq »

@everyone:
If anyone (other than mastina) has an idea as to where Meph got her power at the beginning of night one, please say something?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:36 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I think, what most likely happened, is the following: the scumteam knew that skitter was a tracker since they gave her that power. mastina did the Nibbui kill and in her claim she said she gave the power to Nibbui, anticipating a track result from skitter. The whole problem with this is, why does Meph's role changed? If they're lying, the game is TOO easy to be true. If she's telling the truth, does that make mastina town?

My speculation is that every single town player started being a VT and that the scumteam has strong PRs, BUT they have to give each night a PR to one town. What the scumteam has to do is to lynch the guys they select as their targets before they get the chance to be unlynchable (aka being IC confirmed by D3: this part confirms skitter's claim because why the fuck would she include this part if we are not in MyLo/LyLo? We would lynch her tomorrow no questions asked).

That being said, I'm sticking with my D1 reads: if the duck was town, then the scumteam is mastina/sheep. I already explained my reads on D1 and they're making even morse sense now.

@skitter I'm trusting duck's read on you 'cause you both talked about soulreads on each other and I'm bad at reading you because of paranoia. I think I've never played with scum!you, for example. In retrospect, duck's reads were pretty solid: he said either you, Nibbui or me should be ever lynch and, from your PoV, he was right in both you and Nibbui, and from my PoV, if I believe your claim, which I do, he was right about the three of us. He situated mastina as scum and sheep as "either way" and LolWagons as scum. I only disagree in this last part: I think sheep is the scum and if not, then LolWagons.

@LolWagons: you asked about my PoE; today we lynch mastina and she flips red. Tomorrow we lynch sheep and, if he doesn' flip read, I would reeavaluate you first. But your 1v1 with the duck at EoD felt townie. Because of how the day was ending, I don't think the scumteam needed to push THAT much for the lynch to get going; it seemed like it would happen anyway. I mean, I could interpret it as you defending mastina in order to get that mislynch instead of your partner getting lynched, but did mastina need that? Reading back the EoD, I think she didn't. Sheep's vote was way much more partnery than your push.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:37 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1864, Slaxx wrote:How do we feel about Meph claiming clearly what she received? She has already alluded to it.
I feel great about that, but she's not the person I'm worried about, so I don't really think it's necessary at the moment. At least it's not my priority.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1864, Slaxx wrote:How do we feel about Meph claiming clearly what she received? She has already alluded to it.
I was thinking this too, since my theory is that the scumteam gave her that power.
In post 1865, podoboq wrote:
@everyone:
If anyone (other than mastina) has an idea as to where Meph got her power at the beginning of night one, please say something?
Read my post, I'm pretty much convinced of what I'm saying.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:41 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1868, Pink Ball wrote:
@everyone:
Read my post, I'm pretty much convinced of what I'm saying.
Unless I'm reading you incorrectly, you think that both skitter and Meph received new abilities from scum, and that all town roles at the beginning of the game were VT.

I'm fine with that interpretation, except that both Meph and skitter received their powers at the beginning of the night phase, which means it's not a night action, that scum would have to hand out two different abilities to two different players, and that both of those players are bulletproof (at least the night of).
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1867, podoboq wrote:
I feel great about that, but she's not the person I'm worried about, so I don't really think it's necessary at the moment. At least it's not my priority.
I think it would be a good piece to have. It was heavily implied it was weak by Meph, so unless they don’t have a grasp on setups (possible?) I trust that read. So, not much to lose by outting what they got.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1866, Pink Ball wrote:@skitter I'm trusting duck's read on you 'cause you both talked about soulreads on each other and I'm bad at reading you because of paranoia. I think I've never played with scum!you, for example. In retrospect, duck's reads were pretty solid: he said either you, Nibbui or me should be ever lynch and, from your PoV, he was right in both you and Nibbui, and from my PoV, if I believe your claim, which I do, he was right about the three of us. He situated mastina as scum and sheep as "either way" and LolWagons as scum. I only disagree in this last part: I think sheep is the scum and if not, then LolWagons.
i know that this is a different game (sorry slaxx) but can you talk about how you decided to handle me when you replaced into the newbie game?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

@everyone:
i'm fine with both of these happening
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:45 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1870, Slaxx wrote:
In post 1867, podoboq wrote:
I think it would be a good piece to have. It was heavily implied it was weak by Meph, so unless they don’t have a grasp on setups (possible?) I trust that read. So, not much to lose by outting what they got.
You're right. I just don't want to lose focus on
where
it came from. By all means, I'd like to hear a full claim from Meph. Especially if she heard anything else about being bulletproof, or her ability coming from scum, like skitter did.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1866, Pink Ball wrote:(aka being IC confirmed by D3: this part confirms skitter's claim because why the fuck would she include this part if we are not in MyLo/LyLo? We would lynch her tomorrow no questions asked).
do you think this is something i could/would do as scum?

(in case it wasn't apparent, from my pov the game basically became about how well scum think they can read/manipulate me)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”