micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:47 am

Post by podoboq »

pagetop :cool:
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1871, skitter30 wrote: i know that this is a different game (sorry slaxx) but can you talk about how you decided to handle me when you replaced into the newbie game?
You know what I'm going to say and it's the LAMISTest thing in the world... I knew you were town back there, I don't know in here. Giving you a townread was pretty much "I'm going to pocket the shit out of skitter 'cause she's the cop", 'cause yes, of course I knew you were the cop. I read the guilty and acted like I didn't in order to get your attention.

Here I have to read your big ass wallposts to sort you instead of knowing your alignment and role from the begining, and I don't like wallposts in general. I like yours 'cause they have a lot of content, but wallposts in general cause rejection for me.

In other words, I love you, but I'm not good playing with you because of your playstyle, not that there's something wrong with it, but I'm not good at sorting wallposters in general. If I wasn't an alt I could give you plenty of examples of this.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1874, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1866, Pink Ball wrote:(aka being IC confirmed by D3: this part confirms skitter's claim because why the fuck would she include this part if we are not in MyLo/LyLo? We would lynch her tomorrow no questions asked).
do you think this is something i could/would do as scum?

(in case it wasn't apparent, from my pov the game basically became about how well scum think they can read/manipulate me)
I know where your questions are coming from now. If I was scum, would I start the day asking for you to come to the thread to talk, instead of wait for you to come to the thread before me so I can sort what you did with the powers I gave you?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1869, podoboq wrote:
In post 1868, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1865, podoboq wrote:
@everyone:
If anyone (other than mastina) has an idea as to where Meph got her power at the beginning of night one, please say something?
Read my post, I'm pretty much convinced of what I'm saying.
Unless I'm reading you incorrectly, you think that both skitter and Meph received new abilities from scum, and that all town roles at the beginning of the game were VT.

I'm fine with that interpretation, except that both Meph and skitter received their powers at the beginning of the night phase, which means it's not a night action, that scum would have to hand out two different abilities to two different players, and that both of those players are bulletproof (at least the night of).
Yeah yeah my point still stands, I meant that the scum had to give these powers to town and they couldn't nightkill them, so they give the powers and then make the kill at night.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Pink Ball »

@everyone:
If anyone (other than mastina) has an idea as to where Meph got her power at the beginning of night one, please say something?
Unless I'm reading you incorrectly, you think that both skitter and Meph received new abilities from scum, and that all town roles at the beginning of the game were VT.

I'm fine with that interpretation, except that both Meph and skitter received their powers at the beginning of the night phase, which means it's not a night action, that scum would have to hand out two different abilities to two different players, and that both of those players are bulletproof (at least the night of).
Yeah yeah my point still stands, I meant that the scum had to give these powers to town and they couldn't nightkill them, so they give the powers and then make the kill at night.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Shit sorry don't know what happened with that double post.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Slaxx »

You on mobile? That does it to me.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:58 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1878, Pink Ball wrote:
@everyone:

Theoretically, I can see all those things being true also. But it has issues since Meph and skitter's claims mismatch in a lot of ways. Primarily, that skitter apparently knows that her ability came from scum, and Meph doesn't seem to have that info.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Maybe the first power they gave was the biggest one? Idk I'm not good at specs, but would make sense that, from a balance point of view, not all the powers the scum gave to town weren't equally powerful, and makes sense that the first one is the most powerful since, from my theory, the game started with two scum with powerful roles and zero town PRs. It's like an 8 ball game: scum has to choose who the 8 ball is and if the 8 ball gets lynched, they get a factional kill at night. Here they have to choose a player who they only can lynch in order to be safe. Why choosing skitter? Beats me, I would have chose Infinite Soda.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:05 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1883, Pink Ball wrote:Maybe the first power they gave was the biggest one? Idk I'm not good at specs, but would make sense that, from a balance point of view, not all the powers the scum gave to town weren't equally powerful, and makes sense that the first one is the most powerful since, from my theory, the game started with two scum with powerful roles and zero town PRs. It's like an 8 ball game: scum has to choose who the 8 ball is and if the 8 ball gets lynched, they get a factional kill at night. Here they have to choose a player who they only can lynch in order to be safe. Why choosing skitter? Beats me, I would have chose Infinite Soda.
Infinite Soda got replaced with
LolWagons
Slaxx, though, who is actually playing Mafia here.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Slaxx »

That logic also doesn’t make much sense because if InfiniteSoda was still here the replace out risk would be too high.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Slaxx »

Someone mentioned a mass claim. I think we can afford to wait one more day. Kirby, Me, Podo, and Skitter are all onboard with how the others are thinking, so I think the only thing I want revealed at this point is Meph’s gifted ability.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:14 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1886, Slaxx wrote:Someone mentioned a mass claim. I think we can afford to wait one more day. Kirby, Me, Podo, and Skitter are all onboard with how the others are thinking, so I think the only thing I want revealed at this point is Meph’s gifted ability.
That was me
In post 1810, podoboq wrote:There's probably only, like, one night kill left in this game. I almost feel like a mass claim needs to happen to resolve this. Scum already knows where the power is, so their kill was already narrowed down anyway.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Slaxx »

Meh I’m not gonna fight it, but I think we are probably coherent enough as town to wait a day. I think there could be a little something left that might be useful, that might best be saved for tomorrow.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1888, Slaxx wrote:Meh I’m not gonna fight it, but I think we are probably coherent enough as town to wait a day. I think there could be a little something left that might be useful, that might best be saved for tomorrow.
No, you're right. skitter's claim answered almost every question I have. I really just want clarification on how Meph got upgraded.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

I mean, is anyone else’s claim going to make you not lynch Mastin?

If there was such a claim out there my guess is it would be claimed already

So why not just let any little secrets we have left slide another day?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

Yay we are on the same page!

Awesome.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Pink Ball »

What I meant is that Infinite Soda was a new player and his inexpirience could have been a good alternative to choose in order to push a mislynch on him. Or maybe, as skitter said, scum is trying to pocket their picks instead of trying to mislynch them. Idk, as I said, I'm not good at setup specs
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1874, skitter30 wrote:(in case it wasn't apparent, from my pov the game basically became about how well scum think they can read/manipulate me)
and about who might think this is a good idea to give this to me.
(unless they yolo'd it in which case all of this is moot)

i have a *fairly* decent guess as to who pink ball is and i don't *think* he makes me a bp ic.
for reference, since a lot of the pl i actually haven't played iwth before, i have a fairly strong towngame; i'm known to have a fairly strong towngame; i have some strange skill at making endgame quite a lot of the time and i'm very very good at lylo

so from my pov either the entire scumteam doesn't know me, or they thought they could pocket me and that i'd vote wrong in lylo (or both)

like i guess i'm very interested in exploring why they gave it to me in particular because if i were scum a player like me is exactly who i'd *not* give it to
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Slaxx »

I understand. I’ll refrain from elaborating further, as I see no need to tell mafia how they should have played this.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Slaxx »

That was @Kirby
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1877, Pink Ball wrote:would I start the day asking for you to come to the thread to talk, instead of wait for you to come to the thread before me so I can sort what you did with the powers I gave you?
it raised a pocket-y sort of red flag for me, that you specifically wanted to talk to *me* about what to do today when you weren't viewing me that way yesterday
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Yeah I understand that skitter, from your PoV it came awfully, but I think it gives me even more towncred since it's more likely that I didn't know about you being a PR than scum!me knowing exactly what you can do.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1876, Pink Ball wrote:Giving you a townread was pretty much "I'm going to pocket the shit out of skitter 'cause she's the cop", 'cause yes, of course I knew you were the cop. I read the guilty and acted like I didn't in order to get your attention.
like i guess i'm a little nervous that it's the same scenario here
but i'm not sure you'd purposefully do that again
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

mastina, can you tell me exactly which games of mine you've read?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”