Newbie 1910: Aerial Photography [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 413, YellowSnow wrote:I really don't think Junk would be so agressive as scum either.
I don't buy this, especially in this situation at L-1. I'm usually more aggressive and tunnely as scum, I pick fights. If you're willing to repeatedly argue with people, especially ones who are already scumreading you and voting you then they often back down, they want to avoid conflict and rationalize it to themselves afterwards
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 418, Junk wrote:First he distances from him, then he townreads him for a silly reason.
why do you call it silly

do you disagree?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:52 am

Post by the worst »

I feel a bit bad now because the re-evaluation of those specific reads was pretty towny and he also didn't back down wrt real-time interactions (or reverse his read arbitrarily just because I hard pushed him) which.. feels town indicative. I also feel it took me a while to look towny this game fwiw.

Unfortunately I also baited Junk into making those read changes.

Still not sure I want that lynch today anymore. :/ he's contributing a lot more than Nineja and his mindset is presenting as more likely town to me. he's either like substantially better scum than Nineja or just town.

someone talk to me? I agree with his analysis that his last few posts have been towny. am I going crazy?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:56 am

Post by the worst »

Kinda wondering if computerfan0 actually flips red
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 am

Post by JunkoChan »

@computerfan why are you even in this game?

@the worst yes you are going crazy
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:05 am

Post by the worst »

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=76282
I'm starting to remember this game from last year (don't feel like anyone has to read it, I'm just thinking out loud). Sashadin had a similarish quirk of popping in every day to say he was up to date but had nothing to report. It kinda took until d3 for me to lose tunnel vision on other players and realise that his play was really scum-bad-faithy.

Only real reason I'm bringing it up here is because I know it's a flaw of mine wrt reading newbies. Slots like Yyotta's and cf0's do paralyse me a little.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:06 am

Post by the worst »

In post 429, JunkoChan wrote:@computerfan why are you even in this game?

@the worst yes you are going crazy
What do you think of the composition of Junk's wagon -- do you also scumread GL and do you think they're likely aligned? Does it look like a bus to you?

If you've got any comments around why you think Junk's more recent posting is likely to come from scum I'd appreciate them too. I'm pretty much on the opposite page atm.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:17 am

Post by JunkoChan »

So it's a paranoia for lurkers, but I sincerely doubt both mafia players are inactive also

@the worst we already discussed this when it was nineja instead of junk, I was treading his slot until he exploded and then went "hihixd sorry i screwed up we ok now?" I even I guess you were right about nineja.

I got GuiltyLion on null right now if nineja/junk flips red I would be inclined to believe that he is also scum making space between him and his partner, maybe he thought GW was more likely to be lynched today and is not backing down because junk is being supremely scummy?

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:17 am

Post by JunkoChan »

So it's a paranoia for lurkers, but I sincerely doubt both mafia players are inactive also

@the worst we already discussed this when it was nineja instead of junk, I was treading his slot until he exploded and then went "hihixd sorry i screwed up we ok now?" I even I guess you were right about nineja.

I got GuiltyLion on null right now if nineja/junk flips red I would be inclined to believe that he is also scum making space between him and his partner, maybe he thought GW was more likely to be lynched today and is not backing down because junk is being supremely scummy?

Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Junk »

In post 426, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 418, Junk wrote:First he distances from him, then he townreads him for a silly reason.
why do you call it silly

do you disagree?
Because it's silly.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Junk »

In post 427, the worst wrote:I feel a bit bad now because the re-evaluation of those specific reads was pretty towny and he also didn't back down wrt real-time interactions (or reverse his read arbitrarily just because I hard pushed him) which.. feels town indicative. I also feel it took me a while to look towny this game fwiw.

Unfortunately I also baited Junk into making those read changes.

Still not sure I want that lynch today anymore. :/ he's contributing a lot more than Nineja and his mindset is presenting as more likely town to me. he's either like substantially better scum than Nineja or just town.

someone talk to me? I agree with his analysis that his last few posts have been towny. am I going crazy?
:thumbsup:
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:24 am

Post by JunkoChan »

I'm sitting on this for now:

town:
yellowsnow
brass
the worst(there is no space for you to be scum in my current read)

w t f are you doing if you are town:
Grandwazoo
GuiltyLion
computerfan0
Yyota

likely scum:
junk

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:25 am

Post by the worst »

In post 432, JunkoChan wrote:it's a paranoia for lurkers, but I sincerely doubt both mafia players are inactive also
that's probably valid (lol if it's literally Yyotta/cf0) but it doesn't feel like he's trying to lolsolve the game on day one anymore, like I feel a better sense that he's accountable for his townreads and willing to reconsider the weaker reads there if that makes sense?

can you talk to me about how you're reading computerfan0 atm?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 am

Post by the worst »

Junko......can you tier that a bit harder for me? a PoE of 5 people which includes four "wtf are you doing if you're town"/policy concerns loses games 99% of the time
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 am

Post by JunkoChan »

GW went silent the moment people started shifting to junk which is melting my brain right now

Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Junk »

If computer0 flips red, I'd clear YellowSnow. I don't think he's bussing him like that. BUT if computer flips town, guys please do be mindful of YellowSnow.

GuiltyLion being scum makes sense with both town!computerfan0 (I think his townread on computerfan0 looked TMI-ish) and with scum!computerfan0 (He could have just wanted to townread his buddy). So I think GuiltyLion lynch looks solid (not today, but Day 2 or Day 3)

Junko lynch is plan B if everything else fails.

GW, the worst and brass are lock town and they shouldn't be considered for lynching unless something very very wild happens.

The moonydwarf slot in my opinion is town, but not lock. But still pretty towny.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:31 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 437, the worst wrote:can you talk to me about how you're reading computerfan0 atm?
is there something to read?

from the w t f are you doing if you are town team I would vote GW or computerfan (computerfan for being useless but not because I actually scumread him)

and of course Junk from the later list, he even openly refused to claim

Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Junk »

In post 434, Junk wrote:
why do you call it silly

do you disagree?
Because it's silly.
Like, this post is scummy for GL.

If I'm calling it silly, it obviously means I disagree. Why would I agree with something I find silly.

GuiltyLion feels like is just posting meaningless posts, and he's supposed to be a SE or something right? It wouldn't be scummy for a newbie, but it's scummy for him.

He probably thinks he looks towny for asking questions, but that question doesn't lead to anywhere.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Junk »

In post 441, JunkoChan wrote:and of course Junk from the later list, he even openly refused to claim
That's not scummy.

I am town. Please, trust me.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:34 am

Post by the worst »

I kinda want to post-by-post analyse why I am so confused anyone can read Moony right now but those analyses are really annoying and I think the most valid response would be, "ok"

@Junk what do you make of their unvote? How about the way Yyotta is prod-dodging through the game?

also VOTE: computerfan0
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:35 am

Post by JunkoChan »

@the worst I blame your case on nineja it made sense to me after this new guy started posting

Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Junk »

In post 444, the worst wrote:I kinda want to post-by-post analyse why I am so confused anyone can read Moony right now but those analyses are really annoying and I think the most valid response would be, "ok"

@Junk what do you make of their unvote? How about the way Yyotta is prod-dodging through the game?

also VOTE: computerfan0
Yotta is unreadable for me.

What unvote?

I trust my moonydwarf townread. I think they were townie.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Junk »

In post 82, moonythedwarf wrote:I have no clue, it seems we all are playing the exact same card, and said card is self conflicting.
And at the same time, this "play style" we're currently in has a nice issue where being pushy == lynch.

I propose we try cleaning up the vote slate, and carrying on with actual insights and discussion. Maybe?
UNVOTE: we're not getting anywhere
:shrug:

They seem like a weird person.

His previous posts are what I townread.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:38 am

Post by the worst »

In post 442, Junk wrote:
In post 434, Junk wrote:
why do you call it silly

do you disagree?
Because it's silly.
Like, this post is scummy for GL.

If I'm calling it silly, it obviously means I disagree. Why would I agree with something I find silly.

GuiltyLion feels like is just posting meaningless posts, and he's supposed to be a SE or something right? It wouldn't be scummy for a newbie, but it's scummy for him.

He probably thinks he looks towny for asking questions, but that question doesn't lead to anywhere.
This is eerily close to the concerns I'm having with GL at the moment. He's presentish but when he is here it feels like he's mostly asking questions which he's not really following through on (I'm also not sure I can entirely see what he's up to / where the questions are going or coming from).

I'm kinda waiting to see some greater momentum and trajectory in his reads and what he's pushing but he feels really safe and go-with-the-flowy. I also can't get inside his head which is a bit worrying, given the last time we were both town we were on the same page like. to almost a scary level. :lol:

I kinda think this is a pretty towny pickup.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 am

Post by the worst »

In post 447, Junk wrote:
In post 82, moonythedwarf wrote:I have no clue, it seems we all are playing the exact same card, and said card is self conflicting.
And at the same time, this "play style" we're currently in has a nice issue where being pushy == lynch.

I propose we try cleaning up the vote slate, and carrying on with actual insights and discussion. Maybe?
UNVOTE: we're not getting anywhere
:shrug:

They seem like a weird person.

His previous posts are what I townread.
Do you think his reaction to being (if I recall correctly) voted once or twice and unvoting, requesting a clean slate, comes from town or scum?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”