micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:57 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 2095, skitter30 wrote:yeah ok those were the townie posts; it's mostly the sheer cluelessness of what their plan had to have been

ngl i wish i just got an inno/guilty on them so that i didn't have to like try to sort them.
my gut says this may be a mislynch but i'd kinda rather it happen today than to try to sort through it in mylo tbh
:facepalm: No, Skitter, don’t you be bad town too, please?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:57 am

FICKING HELL I JUST WROTE A LONG POST AND MS LOGGED OUT! GDI
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 am

In post 2096, Slaxx wrote:Meh. I think that’s probably a sign I’ve got my confbias goggles on and need to break.

I think it’s still entirely possible the play was just sloppy and the plan wasn’t put together well, the fact we have one goon flipped and you’re clear supports that. I’ve always been a proponent of lynching based on scumreads and not setup spec but just like Mastina yesterday I don’t see how Meph flips town here even with slightly positive interactions with Mastina.
You are seriously embarrassing yourself here. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Dead chat is laughing their asses off at you rn. Bank on it.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:01 am

In post 2100, Slaxx wrote:I’m also going to sleep but my initial response to that is they didn’t

Yesterday they claimed it was weak and today they claimed it was a 1-shot cop which is decidedly not weak
Yes, you are correct about that. I also did that in Starcraft 1. I only claimed the informed townie part but left out, the obviously more powerful roleblocking ability.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 am

In post 2126, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:FICKING HELL I JUST WROTE A LONG POST AND MS LOGGED OUT! GDI
Hi Ari, I ‘m legit shocked and thoroughly disappointed that this town has so many WOATs this game. Thankfully Skitter won’t let us lose. *knock wood*

That kind of thing happens to me, when my iPad gets accidentally turned off.

*HUG*
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:11 am

So basically, if you lynch us today we may lose.

We have as close to a guilty on sheep as we can and we need to lynch there. If they somehow flip town, scum is in those pushing to end us quickly and stifle conversation, lining up 2 easy mislynches and laughing to victory!

If this is the case I honestly think it's Pinkball. I can case them later but the aggression and tone today seem to fit with someone trying to speed the game to an easy win!

If we lynch us first thee is no guarantee this game is a win, but if we lynch sheep we have a chance even if oht guilty is fallacious!

Just, like, think aboht it alright!
- Ari
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:12 am

In post 2129, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 2126, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:FICKING HELL I JUST WROTE A LONG POST AND MS LOGGED OUT! GDI
Hi Ari, I ‘m legit shocked and thoroughly disappointed that this town has so many WOATs this game. Thankfully Skitter won’t let us lose. *knock wood*

That kind of thing happens to me, when my iPad gets accidentally turned off.

*HUG*
*Hugs*

U da best nancy!
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 am

Post by podoboq »

At the beginning of night 2, I received the role Even-Night Doctor. I protected sheep last night.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 am

Post by podoboq »

Just kidding, I'm a vanilla townie. Meph is still scum, tho

VOTE: Meph
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:27 am

Post by Slaxx »

I’ll deal with the fallback if I’m wrong.

I don’t think I’m wrong.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:32 am

In post 2130, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:So basically, if you lynch us today we may lose.

We have as close to a guilty on sheep as we can and we need to lynch there. If they somehow flip town, scum is in those pushing to end us quickly and stifle conversation, lining up 2 easy mislynches and laughing to victory!

If this is the case I honestly think it's Pinkball. I can case them later but the aggression and tone today seem to fit with someone trying to speed the game to an easy win!

If we lynch us first thee is no guarantee this game is a win, but if we lynch sheep we have a chance even if oht guilty is fallacious!

Just, like, think about it alright!
- Ari
REMEMBER THIS POST IT IS EITHER A GOOD GUILTY OR IT IS SCUM RUBBING THEIR HANDS TOGETHER EVILLLY WAITING TO WIN I DON'T KNOW WHICH BUT Y'ALL FUCKED UP!!!
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Pink Ball »

So you have a guilty on sheep but you think it could be me. Talking about lining up mislynches...

You talking shit about our play here is idiotic. A townie approach would've being comprehensive since our setup spec is nowhere near to be bad townplay.

If you're town, we lynch your guilty tomorrow. Why are you so worried of you being the lynch today instead? From your perspective, the game's solved, so you throwing shade makes no sense.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:52 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2136, Pink Ball wrote:So you have a guilty on sheep but you think it could be me. Talking about lining up mislynches...

You talking shit about our play here is idiotic. A townie approach would've being comprehensive since our setup spec is nowhere near to be bad townplay.

If you're town, we lynch your guilty tomorrow. Why are you so worried of you being the lynch today instead? From your perspective, the game's solved, so you throwing shade makes no sense.
Thank you. This is a common thing I see from scum, and it's such bad play. No matter what alignment you are, you can see that town are being logical and reasonable in their approach to the game. Ignoring our logic is not something that would happen if you were town and even a half way decent player.

A townie in Meph's position would be saying "OK, I see all of this, and I understand how you're coming to the conclusion you've reached, but you have to see that from MY pov, sheep isn't guaranteed scum, which means that if I'm wrong there, lynching me then lynching him means we lose. We can't afford two mislynches, and the line that you've spelled out makes us lose if my guilty on sheep is a false positive."
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:53 am

Post by podoboq »

For what it's worth, good scum should also be doing that.

Bad scum just insults town for playing the game correctly because they're mad that they're losing.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Slaxx »

Meh. Also the fact she’s stated she’s not for sure on the Sheep guilty but is now 100% sure I’m town based on her responses.

Same weird compartmentalization that went on yesterday. “It’s still a possibility you’re scum but I can’t help but mock your town play and call you wrong”

Calling me wrong and bringing up the TW lynch felt super manipulative. Also I don’t know how you could call my town play bad after yesterday, I feel like I kept people from wifoming themselves out of Mastina. It makes no sense.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:05 am

In post 2133, podoboq wrote:Just kidding, I'm a vanilla townie. Meph is still scum, tho

In post 2134, Slaxx wrote:VOTE: Meph

I don’t think I’m wrong.
And there will be. :facepalm:

I am legit pissed that idiots want to throw this game, when we’re so close to winning. Fuck you, WOAT!!!

Mislynch us and fucking lose us an easy win. Morons. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Congrats sheep and Mastina. You had lots of help from idiot town.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:06 am

In post 2138, podoboq wrote:For what it's worth, good scum should also be doing that.

Bad scum just insults town for playing the game correctly because they're mad that they're losing.
I’m going to take great pleasure requoting this post-game.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:07 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 2140, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 2133, podoboq wrote:Just kidding, I'm a vanilla townie. Meph is still scum, tho

In post 2134, Slaxx wrote:VOTE: Meph

I don’t think I’m wrong.
And there will be. :facepalm:

I am legit pissed that idiots want to throw this game, when we’re so close to winning. Fuck you, WOAT!!!

Mislynch us and fucking lose us an easy win. Morons. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Congrats sheep and Mastina. You had lots of help from idiot town.
Woah calling people idiots? That’s a report.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 am

In post 2137, podoboq wrote:A townie in Meph's position would be saying "OK, I see all of this, and I understand how you're coming to the conclusion you've reached, but you have to see that from MY pov, sheep isn't guaranteed scum, which means that if I'm wrong there, lynching me then lynching him means we lose. We can't afford two mislynches, and the line that you've spelled out makes us lose if my guilty on sheep is a false positive."
I literally said this.
Did I not literally say this???
In post 2130, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:So basically, if you lynch us today we may lose.

- Ari
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 am

In post 2139, Slaxx wrote:Meh. Also the fact she’s stated she’s not for sure on the Sheep guilty but is now 100% sure I’m town based on her responses.

Same weird compartmentalization that went on yesterday. “It’s still a possibility you’re scum but I can’t help but mock your town play and call you wrong”

Calling me wrong and bringing up the TW lynch felt super manipulative. Also I don’t know how you could call my town play bad after yesterday, I feel like I kept people from wifoming themselves out of Mastina. It makes no sense.
Because that’s what the fucking role said: that an inno is 100% and a guilty isn’t certain but sheep is scum, both by meta and play anyway.

But you know, fuck it. I kind of want them to win now. Town doesn’t deserve to win, except for Skitter. I feel bad robbing her of a much deserved win. Meh.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 am

What the fuck ever. Good luck! XD

- Ari
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:12 am

In post 2143, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 2137, podoboq wrote:A townie in Meph's position would be saying "OK, I see all of this, and I understand how you're coming to the conclusion you've reached, but you have to see that from MY pov, sheep isn't guaranteed scum, which means that if I'm wrong there, lynching me then lynching him means we lose. We can't afford two mislynches, and the line that you've spelled out makes us lose if my guilty on sheep is a false positive."
I literally said this.
Did I not literally say this???

- Ari
Ari, we did our best. Nibbui saw it. Finally tw (dragging kicking and screaming) got it and I think the only town left with a functioning brain, Skitter hopefully gets it.

But I’m done arguing with gamethrowing bad town. :mad:
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:18 am

In post 2145, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:What the fuck ever. Good luck! XD

- Ari
Nsg was setup by Mastina, who put her/us and tw, in this bad position to start with.

Then she gives us the N2 investigative rolechange, which obviously confused us, so why wouldn’t we think she’s town after that? Makes sense.

Sheep was on us, not Mastina and tried to defend her. Ask yourselves why that was?

Look at the horribad incomprehensible reasoning for sheep’s D2 vote on us.

I said the role was weak obviously to avoid being NK’d N2 and that’s why I didn’t want to claim until D3, since we only had a N2 investigative, so there was no longer any reason not to. a

Oh and Mastina, double and triple fuck you, for setting up our slot in this way. That really wasn’t cool.:/
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Pink Ball »

What the fuck even dude, if you're town we still win by lynching sheep tomorrow. Shut the hell up
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:21 am

In post 1997, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: meph

i received a.. n6 vigi from mafia

which is useless and really boring compared to what skitter got but unexpected bc whytf would mafia give somethign to me

n6 vig doesnt end up doing anything in a micro so idk wtf this is fore? my current theory is that it does something to me that im not aware of but idk what
In a game this brief, I’m calling bullshit on that.

But props to you, since you’re clearly a helluva lot smarter than the gamethrowing town, save Skitter.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”